pixeltracker

CATS Film Adaptation Thread- Page 17

CATS Film Adaptation Thread

Fosse76
#400CATS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/16/19 at 2:45pm

Justin D said: "its supposed to he after memory (so they have said) its more of a "at least you got a full life to look back on, i have nothing, but hope now that i have been accepted into the tribe i will male memories of my own."

I though this was quite straight forward
"

So she retreads Grizabella's storyline, which will probably give the audience a "huh?" moment. What a lame storyline to give an unimportant character a storyline. 

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#401CATS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/16/19 at 3:14pm

chernjam said: "Having pre-ordered the soundtrack, was happy to have Jennifer Lewis' "Memory" released today and had a first listen.

Hudson had a rough job. It's a song that's been covered so much and been played to death for it to ever sound impressive or catch your attention. For me, most times when it comes up on a ALW compilation or elsewhere my impulse is to skip it.

But for me Hudson did it, Memory sounded so new and fresh... I'm looking forward to hearing - and yes, seeing - all of it.
"

That was fabulous 

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#402CATS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/16/19 at 8:18pm

Surprised that the new Swift/Webber song is not shortlisted for Oscar consideration.

Miserent Profile Photo
Miserent
#403CATS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/16/19 at 8:39pm

Really loving Jennifer’s version of Memory. Nobody will ever beat Betty Buckley, but I think Jennifer did a fantastic job. I’m glad that she held back for most of the song, before letting it rip at “touch me...”. I was afraid the whole thing would be too belted, and I was pleasantly surprised. Honestly, I’m kind of rooting for this movie to do well.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#404CATS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/16/19 at 8:47pm

As of 8AM yesterday, the film is now complete.

LOL what a mess.

Wildcard
#405CATS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/16/19 at 8:57pm

Finishing the film at the last minute is not unusual for many effects-laden movies. 

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#406CATS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/16/19 at 10:04pm

Wildcard said: "Finishing the film at the last minute is not unusual for many effects-laden movies."

THIS close absolutely is unusual. They’ve had to cancel award screenings, couldn’t send out screeners, etc. because the film was so behind on schedule. 

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#407CATS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/16/19 at 10:10pm

Nothing I've read or seen about this movie makes me not want to see it.  

Non sibi sed patriae

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#408CATS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/16/19 at 10:20pm

Tag said: "Surprised that the new Swift/Webber song is not shortlisted for Oscar consideration."

I'm not a fan of the song, but I have to say I'm surprised too. When a stupid song like "Catchy Song" from the Lego Movie sequel gets shortlisted before you...

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

SeanMartin2
#409CATS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/16/19 at 10:21pm

I imagine Ms Hudson's rendition will quickly earn a prime spot in every drag queen's catalogue.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#410CATS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/16/19 at 11:34pm

THIS close absolutely is unusual. They’ve had to cancel award screenings, couldn’t send out screeners, etc. because the film was so behind on schedule. 

This wasn't a "tweak" but a major fix running through the whole film.  AND they have had since July when the uproar first began,that 6 days b4 its debut they were still doing repair work....

Really does not bode well. I mean sure ,seeing it while under the influence but seeing it as a legitimate piece of work not so much.

Hey who knows?  Titanic was a success.

Waterworld wasn't.

Anticipation is truly building....

Globefan
#411CATS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/16/19 at 11:40pm

I'm seeing it Thursday night 

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#412CATS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/16/19 at 11:42pm

When you recover, report back!

Image result for recovery gifs

Globefan
#413CATS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/16/19 at 11:43pm

sabrelady said: "When you recover, report back!

I didn't react badly to even the first trailer. 

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#414CATS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/16/19 at 11:45pm

Globefan said: "sabrelady said: "When you recover, report back!

I didn't react badly to even the first trailer.

"

me neither... and I've never been a fan of the stage version of Cats.  Some have simply been eagerly waiting to trash on it no  matter what was done.  Par for the course in 2019

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#415CATS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/16/19 at 11:54pm

Heya recover could also mean from an extraordinary experience that u need to process.

Like I said -Could be Titanic  ( had a LOT of bad mouth from the industry prior) 

Could be Waterworld (riding high on the Kevin Costner buzz  )

Throw the dice see the movie then say which it is.

DigificWriter
#416CATS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/17/19 at 1:12am

n2nbaby said: "
THIS close absolutely is unusual."

This is false. Every single film in both the The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings trilogies had their effects finished either the night before or the day of their World Premieres.

Fosse76
#417CATS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/17/19 at 2:03am

DigificWriter said: "n2nbaby said: "

This is false. Every single film in both the The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings trilogies had their effects finished either the night before or the day of their World Premieres.
"

Premiers can happen weeks before a movie is released into theaters. 

On a similar note,  it's anyone going to the screening tomorrow at the Landmark? I have to work,  and this isn't a movie I'd take off work to go see.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#418CATS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/17/19 at 4:15am

DigificWriter said: "n2nbaby said: "

"

I’m not saying it doesn’t happen, I am saying it is unusual. Also, for what it’s worth, I’m not sure about The Hobbit but all of the LOTR movies finished post in October/November ahead of their December releases.

SeanMartin2
#419CATS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/17/19 at 8:11am

n2nbaby said: "DigificWriter said: "n2nbaby said: "

"

I’m not saying it doesn’t happen, I am saying it is unusual. Also, for what it’s worth, I’m not sure about The Hobbit but all of the LOTR movies finished post in October/November ahead of their December releases.
"

That's true. Peter Jackson moved mountains to make sure they were done at least a month in advance of the first screenings.

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#420CATS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/17/19 at 8:31am

I have a friend who attended the premiere last evening: 

"Cats was enthralling, in the weirdest, most confusing, and ultimately satisfying ways possible. I still don't know why, but it is!!" 

Was her Instagram story last evening. She's never seen the stage show to my knowledge. 

rattleNwoolypenguin
#421CATS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/17/19 at 11:52am

I’ve heard from people who worked on it.....

...it’s what we thought it was gonna be.

And it’s pretty embarrassing.

And the CGI is really part of what makes it rough.

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#422CATS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/17/19 at 12:02pm

I've seen quotes from people posted online from those that saw the premier and there are more positive ones than I thought there would be.  Although this one is my favorite that I found:

“Way too horny for its own good

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#423CATS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/17/19 at 12:06pm

spiderdj82 said: "I've seen quotes from people posted online from those that saw the premier and there aremore positive ones than I thought there would be. Although this one is my favorite that I found:

“Way too horny for its own good

"

Me, having NEVER seen Cats, this quote stood out the most. Not sure what to expect here lol. God I am so excited to see this play in a few weeks. 

MadAboutTheBoy Profile Photo
MadAboutTheBoy
#424CATS Film Adaptation Thread
Posted: 12/17/19 at 3:50pm

Isn't it strange that there aren't any reviews of this yet?
P.S. This is scaring me.
Cats musical film taylor swift 2019

Updated On: 12/17/19 at 03:50 PM