pixeltracker

Is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Closing in January?- Page 2

Is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Closing in January?

czvallery
#25Is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Closing in January?
Posted: 10/11/18 at 5:16pm

Because the one year contracts will be up soon, "stunt casting" is likely. The show is so lovely, it will be sad to see some go... but it it is understandable to keep the show going/people in the seats for as long as possible. 

unheeded

natashalost
#26Is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Closing in January?
Posted: 10/11/18 at 6:03pm

haterobics said: "Seems like a renewal, but why only to January may be telling..."

She extended for the 2 months she missed because of injury. Nothing more to it.

FutureDirector
#27Is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Closing in January?
Posted: 10/11/18 at 7:24pm

I keep hearing from industry friends that despite all the efforts to put the show into a proscenium, Hadestown is still trying to book circle for the spring, however OOTI producers (meaning Ken) are holding on for dear life. It does make sense as Hadestown is still planning to come in this spring even though there are very few available theaters .

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#28Is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Closing in January?
Posted: 10/11/18 at 7:31pm

Is Hadestown coming in the spring? I thought they were coming later. Also, wasn’t there a rumor that Hillary and Clinton might be taking CITS.

GreeneStreet Profile Photo
GreeneStreet
#29Is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Closing in January?
Posted: 10/11/18 at 7:41pm

Disclaimer: I have not been on here for that long so I understand if you take my words with a grain of salt but..

They are trying the best they can to get into Circle in the square this season, it all depends on the status of Once on this island. If they pull the trigger and close, Hadestown will open this spring, if not they will open next season.

Hillary and Clinton are waiting for Hadestown. If Hadestown decides next season, then Hillary and Clinton will open there. It all basically comes down to Once on this island. Think of it like a Theatre waiting list. Again, you can take what I said with a grain of a salt but thats what I know.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#30Is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Closing in January?
Posted: 10/11/18 at 7:43pm

There sure is a lot of really far fetched speculation based on nothing in this thread...

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#31Is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Closing in January?
Posted: 10/11/18 at 9:27pm

When Circle has a tenant that is rw&a, OOTI will be kicked to the curb. Likely, they do, and likely the date has been set. But one of your prerogatives is deciding when to announce. up to a point. 

itsjustmejonhotmailcom Profile Photo
itsjustmejonhotmailcom
#32Is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Closing in January?
Posted: 10/14/18 at 2:25pm

Not that Producers share everything with potential investors, but I was approached to invest in Hadestown and was told 100% it was going into a proscenium house. and that was part of the reason they did two additional productions after NYTW, to prepare for a traditional staging. 

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#33Is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Closing in January?
Posted: 11/17/18 at 7:37pm

So I just bought tickets to Jan 13 because of rumors of it closing and because Hailey said it was her last on the Instagram post linked in this thread. However that post was deleted. Anyone know why?

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#34Is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Closing in January?
Posted: 11/17/18 at 7:58pm

suicidalmickeymouse said: "So I just bought tickets to Jan 13 because of rumors of it closing and because Hailey said it was her last on the Instagram post linked in this thread. However that post was deleted. Anyone know why?"

It was probably deleted because it leads audiences to believe the show is closing on January 13th. While that may be true, it hasn’t been announced by producers and likely interferes with some NDA-like aspect of her contract.

robskynyc
#35Is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Closing in January?
Posted: 11/18/18 at 1:02am

ColorTheHours048 said: "suicidalmickeymouse said: "So I just bought tickets to Jan 13 because of rumors of it closing and because Hailey said it was her last on the Instagram post linked in this thread. However that post was deleted. Anyone know why?"

It was probably deleted because it leads audiences to believe the show is closing on January 13th. While that may be true, it hasn’t been announced by producers and likely interferes with some NDA-like aspect of her contract.
"

yeah ah but she could have just edited the caption. The fact that she deletes it altogether just makes it more suspicious

Br0adway
#36Is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Closing in January?
Posted: 11/18/18 at 2:01pm

robskynyc said: "ColorTheHours048 said: "suicidalmickeymouse said: "So I just bought tickets to Jan 13 because of rumors of it closing and because Hailey said it was her last on the Instagram post linked in this thread. However that post was deleted. Anyone know why?"

"

yeah ah but she could have just edited the caption. The fact that she deletes it altogether just makes it more suspicious

"

She deletes things on twitter too. She did a Q/A for an hour or so around Broadway Flea weekend and she answered one of my questions. I went back to check something and noticed that everything from that weekend was deleted. 

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#37Is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Closing in January?
Posted: 11/18/18 at 2:04pm

Sounds like Kilgore might need to think a little more before posting on social media...

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#38Is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Closing in January?
Posted: 11/18/18 at 2:16pm

Elegance101 said: "Sounds like Kilgore might need to think a little more before posting on social media..."

Well of course she does, she's a teenager lol

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#39Is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Closing in January?
Posted: 11/18/18 at 4:53pm

I guess ultimately my question is that since the consensus is that it is likely closing in January, why hold off on the announcement and make all the money they can before then because I think so many of the fans will try and return. I can’t imagine Michelle Williams can save it.

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

Br0adway
#40Is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Closing in January?
Posted: 11/18/18 at 5:08pm

suicidalmickeymouse said: "I guess ultimately my question is that since the consensus is that it is likely closing in January, why hold off on the announcement and make all the money they can before then because I think so many of the fans will try and return. I can’t imagine Michelle Williams can save it. "

I’d rather a closing announcement sooner than later. Also when I bought tickets in Sept from the box office, the girl was almost hesitant to sell tickets for May. Everyone in line bought for that day or a week later (it was plush goat give away day) and when I said I’d like to purchase for May, the girl said , “Can I get contact info for you for... scheduling conflicts that might come up.” So the box office is expecting a closing well before May. 

Updated On: 11/19/18 at 05:08 PM

LightsOut90
#41Is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Closing in January?
Posted: 11/18/18 at 5:19pm

based on a recent tweet from Michael Arden, barring a massive surge in sales in the next week or two this is done by January 

robskynyc
#42Is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Closing in January?
Posted: 11/18/18 at 6:54pm

LightsOut90 said: "based on a recent tweet from Michael Arden, barring a massive surge in sales in the next week or two this is done by January"

if we are both talking about this tweet, then agreed.

https://twitter.com/michaelarden/status/1063490088372502528

LuPita2 Profile Photo
LuPita2
#43Is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Closing in January?
Posted: 11/18/18 at 8:20pm

Wonderful, creative show.  A lot of Broadway actors retweeted the need to support it, so maybe people will take a look at the show, it has a lot of discounts right now, I hope it does well over the holidays but if it does not gain a lot of traction, it will be closed by January.  

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#44Is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Closing in January?
Posted: 11/18/18 at 11:21pm

Broadway actors tweeting about the show isn't going to move the needle.

Assuming that its breakeven is in the $450-$500K range, it's been hovering right around its nut for a long time (24 weeks -- half its run -- under $500K). If they try to play into the new year, they're just going to start burning any money they MIGHT make in the lucrative holiday season.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#45Is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND Closing in January?
Posted: 11/18/18 at 11:57pm

I'm just curious if the tour for this would really happen as it would take some really creative re-staging and re-thinking.