pixeltracker

The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse- Page 3

The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#50The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 7/15/19 at 4:35pm

BroadwayFanatic454 said: "Bumping this to see if maybe someone knows anything about a transfer this season? Hadn't seen anything about this one posted in a while, but sorry if I am repeating something."

They are returning to St. Ann's this coming Spring. However, it's not listed as part of St. Ann's official season lineup, which might be good news: this is just speculation, but it might mean that commercial producers are attached, and are renting out St. Ann's with the hopes of prepping the show for a commercial transfer (maybe to Broadway, maybe to another flexible space in NYC) 

Updated On: 7/15/19 at 04:35 PM

DoTheDood Profile Photo
DoTheDood
#51The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 7/15/19 at 5:58pm

JBroadway said: "They are returning to St. Ann's this coming Spring. However, it's not listed as part of St. Ann's official season lineup, which might be good news: this isjust speculation, but it might mean that commercial producers are attached, and are renting out St. Ann's with the hopes of prepping the show for a commercial transfer (maybe to Broadway, maybe to another flexible space in NYC)"

It's hard to imagine this ending up anywhere on Broadway outside of the CitS

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#52The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 7/15/19 at 6:14pm

DoTheDood said: "It's hard to imagine this ending up anywhere on Broadway outside of the CitS"

The show has already played in two standard proscenium houses (the Playhouse in London, and the Curran in San Francisco). In both cases, they were able to creatively re-invent the space to work for the show, and supposedly it worked very well. And the Curran is larger than most Broadway houses. 

DoTheDood Profile Photo
DoTheDood
#53The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 7/15/19 at 6:23pm

JBroadway said: "The show has already played in two standard proscenium houses (the Playhouse in London, and the Curran in San Francisco). In both cases, they were able to creatively re-invent the space to work for the show, and supposedly it worked very well. And the Curran is larger than most Broadway houses."

I stand corrected then. Just I heard this was more interactive, so I am curious if they can keep that in the bigger theaters. I guess something like how Great Comet was a few years ago?

Stellasteve
#54The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 7/15/19 at 6:43pm

https://sfcurran.com/the-currant/articles/2019-2/

Hopefully the link above works. The Curran posted a cool video that shows how it transformed for the interactive atmosphere of The Jungle.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#55The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 7/15/19 at 6:48pm

DoTheDood said: "I stand corrected then. Just I heard this was more interactive, so I am curious if they can keep that in the bigger theaters. I guess something like how Great Comet was a few years ago?"

Here is a cool time-lapse video of their transformation of the Curran theatre:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xka8veAE4rc

EDIT: oops! Poster above beat me to it! 

Updated On: 7/15/19 at 06:48 PM

Stellasteve
#56The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 7/15/19 at 6:57pm

JBroadway said: "Here is a cool time-lapse video of their transformation of the Curran theatre:

"

You got the link to work. My phone is inconsistent at successfully copying links.

I attended at the Curran in “orchestra” and was amazed at how immersive it was in a big house. I completely forgot I was in the Curran.

DoTheDood Profile Photo
DoTheDood
#57The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 7/15/19 at 7:27pm

Stellasteve said: "JBroadway said: "Here is a cool time-lapse video of their transformation of the Curran theatre:

"

You got the link to work. My phone is inconsistent at successfully copying links.

I attended at the Curran in “orchestra” and was amazed at how immersive it was in a big house. I completely forgot I was in the Curran.
"

Wow, now if this does transfer to Broadway, I would hate to see anyone even try to bet that for the scenic design Tony

MX888 Profile Photo
MX888
#58The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 7/16/19 at 10:58am

I just hope they keep the prices a bit more reasonable like they did during the initial St. Ann's Warehouse run;  it was about double for the regular floor seats at The Curran (it rarely sold out there??). I wonder if they'll add the Cliffs of Dover seating (mezz) seats this time too.

I hope they rebuild the Good Chance Theatre's dome again!

AntV
#59The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 9/16/19 at 5:28pm

Got an email from theatermania that this is returning to St. Ann's in the spring, ahead of a US tour. No info anywhere else, guess they released the email early.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#60The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 10/2/19 at 2:21pm

Definitely official: https://stannswarehouse.org/show/the-jungle/

Anyone know if Alex Lawther will come back with it this spring? Definitely have to go if he does...

Updated On: 10/2/19 at 02:21 PM

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#61The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 10/2/19 at 2:37pm

Ugh ... I was so looking forward to seeing this and I somehow convinced myself it would still be open when I visit the week before the Tony Awards. I sure hope it extends into early June!

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#62The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 10/2/19 at 6:13pm

haterobics said: "Definitely official: https://stannswarehouse.org/show/the-jungle/

Anyone know if Alex Lawther will come back with it this spring? Definitely have to go if he does...
"

I have no idea, but it’s worth noting that he didn’t do the San Francisco production, so it’s POSSIBLE that he doesn’t plan to continue with the show. 

Pashacar
#63The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 10/3/19 at 2:33pm

Feels like a real missed opportunity that this isn't taking CITS. Anyone know what happened behind the scenes there?

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#64The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 10/3/19 at 2:54pm

I don't have any internal knowledge or info, but it seems that the San Francisco run had disappointing sales, so perhaps producers simply didn't want to risk the investment to open this on Broadway. It's a thrilling production, and the chance to see it again at St. Ann's feels very lucky!

Kitsune Profile Photo
Kitsune
#65The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 10/3/19 at 3:09pm

Sauja said: "I don't have any internal knowledge or info, but it seems that the San Francisco run had disappointing sales, so perhaps producers simply didn't want to risk the investment to open this on Broadway. It's a thrilling production, and the chance to see it again at St. Ann's feels very lucky!"

I got the sense that the floor seats sold very well, but the mezzanine less so (it was frequently on Goldstar). We sat on the floor and IMO that was a key part of the experience. It's a very visceral show, and being in the middle of the action was a huge part of that. After looking around, I paid full price to get a floor seat, rather than do Goldstar - it was definitely worth it.

(This is just my impression from buying a ticket, I also don't have any inside knowledge or info).

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#66The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 10/3/19 at 4:37pm

Pashacar said: "Feels like a real missed opportunitythat this isn't taking CITS. Anyone know what happened behind the scenes there?"

Again, not every unconventional show automatically will end up at CITS. Oklahoma seriously looked at multiple other theaters before deciding. Comet ended up at the Imperial. 

That being said, I think the sole reason this is not coming to Broadway this season is because Sonia Friedman and Stephen Daldry would be competing against themselves with The Inheritance. Opening on Broadway in Fall 2020 is what I’ve heard, and is the right move. They had to strike while fire is hot on Inheritance (even though it’s going to sell to half empty houses the entire run). Jungle will be a massive hit.

Highly recommend anyone who can to see this at St. Ann’s though, in it’s natural state without being squeezed into a theater. 

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#67The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 10/3/19 at 5:00pm

Agreed about the floor seats. 

And, at 1600 seats (?) it is, indeed, larger than all but a few Broadway houses. But the actual number of seats sold was MUCH smaller. I'd be surprised if there were more than 200 seats on the orchestra level after the reconfiguration.

Updated On: 10/3/19 at 05:00 PM

bear88
#68The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 10/3/19 at 5:06pm

My sense was the same when it was in San Francisco. I saw it on a weeknight, and floor seats were packed. (I got lucky, getting excellent floor seats with rush tickets.) When I looked at other days, floor seat availability was even tougher even paying full price. But mezzanine seats were pretty easy to come by.

I would highly recommend floor seats for this play unless the prospect of chaos surrounding you is too unsettling. It's not for everyone, but The Jungle was my favorite play this year.

magictodo123
#69The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 10/16/19 at 2:43pm

Bringing this thread back because the show is returning to St. Ann’s in 2020!! Who’s excited?

Kitsune Profile Photo
Kitsune
#70The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 10/16/19 at 3:35pm

magictodo123 said: "Bringing this thread back because the show is returning to St. Ann’s in 2020!! Who’s excited?"

I was lucky enough to see The Jungle when it was in San Francisco. It was a hard show to watch, but a really important one. As I told my partner afterwards, this is what good theater does - it makes us feel things, it makes us care.

magictodo123
#71The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 10/17/19 at 7:48am

Kitsune said: "magictodo123 said: "Bringing this thread back because the show is returning to St. Ann’s in 2020!! Who’s excited?"

I was lucky enough to see The Jungle when it was in San Francisco. It was a hard show to watch, but a reallyimportant one. As I told my partner afterwards, this is what good theater does - it makes us feel things, it makes us care.
"

I totally agree with you. I wasn't the biggest fan of the current revival of Oklahoma!, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me think, and talk to my parents about it afterwards. And that-as you said-as what makes theater so great. 

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#72The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 10/17/19 at 8:43am

magictodo123 said: "Bringing this thread back because the show is returning to St. Ann’s in 2020!! Who’s excited? "

This thread was bumped back in July about the return engagement and there have been conversations about it dating up to just two weeks ago, if you scroll up....... 

Campbell5
#73The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 10/18/19 at 12:16pm

Hi,  what are the best seat locations for this at St. Ann's? 

magictodo123
#74The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 10/18/19 at 12:26pm

Campbell5 said: "Hi, what are the best seat locations for this at St. Ann's?"

I'm not sure if this is helpful but...I've heard it's a very immersive experience, so here's a seating chart :) 

https://web.ovationtix.com/trs/pesptpm/10465805/1111405