pixeltracker

Oklahoma! transferring to Circle in the Square...- Page 4

Oklahoma! transferring to Circle in the Square...

carolinaguy Profile Photo
carolinaguy
#75Oklahoma transferring to Circle in the Square...
Posted: 12/16/18 at 9:53am

No Sunday evenings. Now I have to decide between TKAM and Beetlejuice for my last show slot.

Just remembering you've had an "and" When you're back to "or" Makes the "or" mean more than it did before

greenifyme2
#76Oklahoma transferring to Circle in the Square...
Posted: 12/16/18 at 9:57am

Sorry I’m on mobile, here’s a link to a photo:

https://m.imgur.com/a/XfIQqhG

I feel like where I was sitting just so happened to be the best seat in the house. I got really lucky just guessing on what seat to buy.

But I’m torn because I feel like at Circle in the Square shows I’ve been to the 200 odd section usually “feels” like the front.

Updated On: 12/16/18 at 09:57 AM

jonah3500
#77Oklahoma transferring to Circle in the Square...
Posted: 12/16/18 at 10:10am

Oldfriends, front row orch is the table seating.

greenifyme2
#78Oklahoma transferring to Circle in the Square...
Posted: 12/16/18 at 10:12am

Floor seats are also $189-199. For that price I really want to know which end the band is on before I buy. ugh.

oldfriends
#79Oklahoma transferring to Circle in the Square...
Posted: 12/16/18 at 10:12am

jonah3500 said: "Oldfriends, front row orch is the table seating."

Ah! Thanks for letting me know. Sat there at St. Ann's and I found it enjoyable. 

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#80Oklahoma transferring to Circle in the Square...
Posted: 12/16/18 at 10:13am

greenify, thanks for the photo!  They have section 400 seats at the open end of the horseshoe that are discounted, which seems to be in line with the idea that the band would be at that end.

The first row of seats in the 200s is labeled as "floor seating," unsurprisingly premium (although only "mid-premium," which is not the most expensive premium seats).

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

greenifyme2
#81Oklahoma transferring to Circle in the Square...
Posted: 12/16/18 at 10:19am

Good point on the discounted area! In that case, unless they change it from St Annes, the 'even' side would be the "favored" side.

BLs68
#82Oklahoma transferring to Circle in the Square...
Posted: 12/16/18 at 10:21am

I grabbed 1 seat for a matinee in April. FLOOR SEATING Row FL, Seat 227 (aisle). I ended up getting one of those floor seats with this message after purchase: “Seating will be wooden seats at tables positioned on stage.”

First time seeing the show. I bought sand seats for OOTI the first time I saw that show so we’ll see!

binau Profile Photo
binau
#83Oklahoma transferring to Circle in the Square...
Posted: 12/16/18 at 10:54am

How do we buy tickets?

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

jonah3500
#84Oklahoma transferring to Circle in the Square...
Posted: 12/16/18 at 10:59am

Go to telecharge.com and you can buy the tickets.

I got last row tix. I wish that there were better seats for cheaper.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#85Oklahoma transferring to Circle in the Square...
Posted: 12/16/18 at 11:03am

jonah3500 said: "I got last row tix. I wish that there were better seats for cheaper."

There might be eventually, but not on day one.

That said, last row at Circle is mid-orchestra everywhere else.

Updated On: 12/16/18 at 11:03 AM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#86Oklahoma transferring to Circle in the Square...
Posted: 12/16/18 at 11:05am

qolbinau said: "How do we buy tickets?"

Depends. Right now, you can only buy on Telecharge if you have an AmEx:

American Express Card Members can get early access to tickets thru Wednesday 1/2 at 9:59am

Tickets go on sale to Audience Rewards Members on January 2.

Tickets will go on sale to the General Public on January 5.

greenifyme2
#87Oklahoma transferring to Circle in the Square...
Posted: 12/16/18 at 11:49am

Telecharge stopped loading for me over an hour ago :-/

jonah3500
#88Oklahoma transferring to Circle in the Square...
Posted: 12/16/18 at 12:02pm

Broken for me too.

honeybun110 Profile Photo
honeybun110
#89Oklahoma transferring to Circle in the Square...
Posted: 12/16/18 at 12:05pm

Same here. For about an hour and a half now.

I always wonder how many sales Telecharge misses out on because their website cannot function.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#90Oklahoma transferring to Circle in the Square...
Posted: 12/16/18 at 12:59pm

honeybun110 said: "I always wonder how many sales Telecharge misses out on because their website cannot function."

Presumably none, since you can't go anywhere else to buy tickets to the same show...

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#91Oklahoma transferring to Circle in the Square...
Posted: 12/16/18 at 4:28pm

I had trouble loading the site as well, including getting it loaded but my search only turning up only around 5 seats total for the performance I wanted. I tried again a couple hours later and it was all sorted out. Grabbed a couple of the last row tickets for March 28th and hoping they choose to amplify the voices this time around. It was fine for me at St. Ann’s (I was in the front row and enjoyed the purity of the voices in the space), but Circle in the Square is a bit larger and taller so I’d worry about all that sound getting sucked up into the void.

Updated On: 12/16/18 at 04:28 PM

rg7759
#92Oklahoma transferring to Circle in the Square...
Posted: 12/16/18 at 5:10pm

have you been in the circle in the square? its not bigger or taller than the space it was in. its a basement...

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#93Oklahoma transferring to Circle in the Square...
Posted: 12/16/18 at 5:22pm

It's actually probably a bit smaller than St. Ann's. There's a couple of things that they may have a hard time doing at CITS.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#94Oklahoma transferring to Circle in the Square...
Posted: 12/16/18 at 5:29pm

Yes, I’ve been in Circle in the Square and have been to St. Ann’s several times. No need for condescension. At least in relation to how they mounted the show at St. Ann’s, Circle in the Square seems larger (though not terribly much) to me and there will certainly be more bodies in the space. So yes, I worry about the sound traveling properly to every ear in the space.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#95Oklahoma transferring to Circle in the Square...
Posted: 12/16/18 at 5:33pm

St. Anne’s is large, but they didn’t use the entirety of it. They built the “barn” inside, and that barn had its own dimensions and acoustics that were very different from that of St. Anne’s own walls, and very different from Circle in the Square. The playing space at CITS May be similar to what they had at St. Anne’s, but the audience will be much larger. The people sitting in the back at CITS will be significantly further away than anyone who saw the show at St. Anne’s. And the acoustics are completely different.

They would be making a huge mistake to do this without mics at CITS.

Updated On: 12/16/18 at 05:33 PM

jonah3500
#96Oklahoma transferring to Circle in the Square...
Posted: 12/16/18 at 5:53pm

There's no way they won't use mics for this. Curious what they will do with the walls on the opposite sides of the theatre. (One was a mural of a prairie, and one was covered with guns.) Which one will be kept for the new production?

On another note, I wish that Damon Daunno were in Hadestown instead of this. He is perfect in the role of Orpheus, but from what I've seen, Reeve Carney isn't the best.

The dream ballet should be changed too. SAWOklahoma was my first production, and I had no idea what was going on during the dream ballet. 

Lastly, I hope they change the intermission food recipes. The chili was too spicy for me.

RunningThatRoad
#97Oklahoma transferring to Circle in the Square...
Posted: 12/17/18 at 9:45am

jonah3500 said: "

The dream ballet should be changed too. SAWOklahomawas my first production, and I had no idea what was going on during the dream ballet.

Lastly, I hope they change the intermission food recipes. The chili was too spicy for me.
"

I had a long discussion last night with a friend about this production’s dream ballet, and while I thought it beautiful and a thrilling dance piece, I agree that it makes very little sense if you don’t know the show pretty well already. My friend didn’t know Oklahoma! well at all, and he was just deeply confused through the entire ballet. The ballet in this production is much less directly connected to the narrative than in a traditional production, and it’s moved to the second act, which divorces it from Laurie drifting off into unconsciousness. If you know the show well, it’s a fascinating, beautiful, and somewhat uncomfortable departure, but if you don’t know how it normally plays, I think it might feel like an insertion from a completely different show. 

Where I will disagree with you is the chili; I found it weirdly bland. Maybe they modified the recipe over the course of the production?

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#98Oklahoma transferring to Circle in the Square...
Posted: 12/17/18 at 10:19am

Fun philosophical question for us all:

Did they move the Dream Ballet to the top of Act 2?
Or did they move the intermission to before the Dream Ballet?

Sort of like is the glass half empty or half full? Or if a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, does it make a sound? Or, are you wet when you’re underwater? 

Updated On: 12/17/18 at 10:19 AM

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#99Oklahoma transferring to Circle in the Square...
Posted: 12/17/18 at 10:43am

They will likely be mic'd, but mixed so it sounds like they aren't. That would be my guess.