Tootsie Rush

arcadekillers
#50Tootsie Rush
Posted: 6/19/19 at 12:29am

Has anyone rushed recently (after Tony's)? I'm planning on rushing next Thursday but I think I can only arrive at the box office around 8 a.m.. Do you think I have a shot?

chuckydisc
#51Tootsie Rush
Posted: 6/19/19 at 1:26pm

arcadekillers said: "Has anyone rushed recently (after Tony's)? I'm planning on rushing next Thursday but I think I can only arrive at the box office around 8 a.m.. Do you think I have a shot?"

You should be fine but don't dilly-dally and get to the line as soon as you can.

Kea4
#52Tootsie Rush
Posted: 7/2/19 at 4:59pm

Anyone rush lately? Updates?

JuneJune
#53Tootsie Rush
Posted: 7/2/19 at 5:22pm

Anyone get there after 10AM and still get a ticket? I'm also planning to rush this, but I'm rushing a different show before this and hoping that a brisk powerwalk would suffice to get me into the theatre, haha.

Kea4
#54Tootsie Rush
Posted: 7/3/19 at 9:19am

JuneJune said: "Anyone get there after 10AM and still get a ticket? I'm also planning to rush this, but I'm rushing a different show before this and hoping that a brisk powerwalk would suffice to get me into the theatre, haha."

I'm thinking about doing the same thing this Saturday, haha.

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#55Tootsie Rush
Posted: 7/3/19 at 11:55am

Do not count on getting a ticket a second past 10am - the box office is extremely rude, and pandered to me about how "rush goes on sale at 10am, the line starts very early, and there are a limited amount of tickets." 

I tried rushing a few times -

1) Arrived at 6pm with over 300 seats available, denied a rush seat.
2) Arrived at 8am with over 200 seats available, they only sold 12 rush tickets (i didn't get one)

Idk why the Marquis staff are such d*cks. I think they love the illusion of denying people rush tickets to make the show seem super successful.

chuckydisc
#56Tootsie Rush
Posted: 7/3/19 at 12:32pm

VotePeron said: "Do not count on getting a ticket a second past 10am - the box office is extremely rude, and pandered to me about how "rush goes on sale at 10am, the line starts very early, and there are a limited amount of tickets."

2) Arrived at 8am with over 200 seats available, they only sold 12 rush tickets (i didn't get one)

Idk why the Marquis staff are such d*cks. I think they love the illusion of denying people rush tickets to make the show seem super successful.
"

Whether or not they are rude at a particular box office has nothing to do with rush rules as it's the Producers of the show who determine how many rush seats, if any, each performance gets.

Based on what I've seen of the Tootsie line this past month you will not have a chance if you join the line after 10AM.

Kea4
#57Tootsie Rush
Posted: 7/3/19 at 1:25pm

chuckydisc said: "VotePeron said: "Do not count on getting a ticket a second past 10am - the box office is extremely rude, and pandered to me about how "rush goes on sale at 10am, the line starts very early, and there are a limited amount of tickets."

"

Whether or not they are rude at a particular box office has nothing to do with rush rules as it's the Producers of the show who determine how many rush seats, if any, each performance gets.

Based on what I've seen of the Tootsie line this past month you will not have a chance if you join the line after 10AM.
"

This is good to know - thanks! I'll probably try for another show as my second rush of the day, and decide if I care enough about seeing Tootsie to get in line early.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#58Tootsie Rush
Posted: 7/3/19 at 3:31pm

VotePeron said: "Do not count on getting a ticket a second past 10am - the box office is extremely rude, and pandered to me about how "rush goes on sale at 10am, the line startsveryearly, and there are a limited amount of tickets."

"

Why not just enter the lottery?! I went with two friends and we ALL won that... and the same price.

Kea4
#59Tootsie Rush
Posted: 7/3/19 at 3:45pm

haterobics said: "VotePeron said: "Do not count on getting a ticket a second past 10am - the box office is extremely rude, and pandered to me about how "rush goes on sale at 10am, the line startsveryearly, and there are a limited amount of tickets."

"

Why not just enter the lottery?! I went with two friends and we ALL won that... and the same price.
"

From what I've read, lottery seats are often rear Mezz while rush are Orchestra. That's why I'm personally trying to rush instead of doing the lottery.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#60Tootsie Rush
Posted: 7/3/19 at 3:55pm

Kea4 said: "From what I've read, lottery seats are often rear Mezz while rush are Orchestra. That's why I'm personally trying to rush instead of doing the lottery."

I won the lottery and was surrounded by dozens of winners in the rear orchestra?

JuneJune
#61Tootsie Rush
Posted: 7/3/19 at 4:44pm

Thanks for the input, all of you! I might just have to try the lottery for that day instead, and settle for TKTS if I lose that.

chuckydisc
#62Tootsie Rush
Posted: 7/3/19 at 4:53pm

JuneJune said: "Thanks for the input, all of you! I might just have to try the lottery for that day instead, and settle for TKTS if I lose that."

Team up with another person to simultaneously rush both shows.

mjgood4
#63Tootsie Rush
Posted: 7/27/19 at 8:36am

Got to rush line at 7:45am for Saturday 7/27. The first 5 people in line got here right at the same time.

Also won the lottery but I'm hearing lottery tickets are rmezz. We got F16-18 matinee

Updated On: 7/27/19 at 08:36 AM

cmeridian
#64Tootsie Rush
Posted: 7/27/19 at 10:24pm

My girlfriend and I both won the lottery two weeks ago, but ended up doing something else, so we didn't get the tickets. I entered the lottery again last night using my Mom's name (since she wanted to see it). I got to the rush line this morning a few minutes after 9. There was a long line, so I checked my email, and sure enough Mom won the lottery. We ended up in Orchestra N20 & 22, surrounded by other lottery winners.

theatered100
#65Tootsie Rush
Posted: 7/30/19 at 7:33am

I recently rushed and got the 1st row orchestra on an end! I only needed one seat so that probably helped. The person at the box office said the seat they were offering to me IS a full view seat and I had a perfect view of everything up close. It was totally worth a 2-3 hour wait. The person at the box office said rush seats tend to be close to the stage.

Annette170
#66Tootsie Rush
Posted: 8/2/19 at 5:57am

theatered100 said: "I recently rushed and got the 1st row orchestra on an end! I only needed one seat so that probably helped. The person at the box office said the seat they were offering to me IS a full view seat and I had a perfect view of everything up close. It was totally worth a 2-3 hour wait. The person at the box office said rush seats tend to be close to the stage."

what time did you arrive in line that Morning to rush? 

chuckydisc
#67Tootsie Rush
Posted: 8/3/19 at 12:21pm

Annette170 said: "theatered100 said: "I recently rushed and got the 1st row orchestra on an end! I only needed one seat so that probably helped. The person at the box office said the seat they were offering to me IS a full view seat and I had a perfect view of everything up close. It was totally worth a 2-3 hour wait. The person at the box office said rush seats tend to be close to the stage."

"

As the person said, "2-3 hours before the box office opened"

theatered100
#68Tootsie Rush
Posted: 8/4/19 at 2:27pm

Annette170 said: "theatered100 said: "I recently rushed and got the 1st row orchestra on an end! I only needed one seat so that probably helped. The person at the box office said the seat they were offering to me IS a full view seat and I had a perfect view of everything up close. It was totally worth a 2-3 hour wait. The person at the box office said rush seats tend to be close to the stage."

"

Sorry I am responding late but 7:40ish. It was a one-show weekday by the way.

The first 10 people or so including myself all showed up between 7:40-8:00 that day.

ArtMan
#69Tootsie Rush
Posted: 8/11/19 at 7:02pm

Updated On: 8/12/19 at 07:02 PM

Delmundo
#70Tootsie Rush
Posted: 8/13/19 at 8:37am

Hello 8/13/19 Tuesday . Got here at 7am. No one else showed up until 830am. So if anyone wants to get tickets only two people in line!

Updated On: 8/13/19 at 08:37 AM

mawarner07
#71Tootsie Rush
Posted: 9/30/19 at 1:47pm

Has anyone rushed recently? I'm planning to rush on Friday.

Joe Mayo
#72Tootsie Rush
Posted: 9/30/19 at 2:54pm

mawarner07 said: "Has anyone rushed recently? I'm planning to rush on Friday."

I think you will have no problems getting there an hour before the box office opens.

Also, you may want to double check if it has been announced if Santino will be back, or if there is a chance he is still out on paternity leave (if seeing him matters to you).

Enjoy the show, I thought it was excellent, with some really well orchestrated pieces.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#73Tootsie Rush
Posted: 11/3/19 at 10:12am

Any rush or win lotto seats recently? Won lotto for today's matinee and curious where seats are located?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

chuckydisc
#74Tootsie Rush
Posted: 11/3/19 at 2:22pm

ACL2006 said: "Any rush or win lotto seats recently? Won lotto for today's matinee and curious where seats are located?"

Seats are not pre-determined and are mostly based on full-price sales up till selection-time (for both lottery and rush).