pixeltracker

What’s filling the Neil Simon, longacre, lyceum, neder, broadway theatre- Page 4

What’s filling the Neil Simon, longacre, lyceum, neder, broadway theatre

DoTheDood Profile Photo
DoTheDood
Posted: 6/27/19 at 10:19am

emiz3001 said: "Neil Simon - Michael Jackson apparently still a thing and has first dibs on the theatre."

little_sally said: "Also can we let the Michael Jackson thing just die?"

I'm really not looking forward to Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough either, but one thing that makes me think it really is coming is they already have an ad for it on 44th street near the Helen Hayes theatre. I walked by it yesterday and had to do a double-take because it was truly baffling to see an ad for a show with basically no information out yet. I assumed it was dead in the water after they canceled the try-out, but it was there. It was only the MJ art from all the promotion online, but it seems like having art for a show that can't get even get a decent try-out is putting the horse before the carriage. Maybe this is more common, as I've only been to NYC a handful of times, idk

Updated On: 6/27/19 at 10:19 AM

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
Posted: 6/27/19 at 10:21am

Also, do you know if the London play thats transferring is a revival or a new play? I would love, Home, Im darling to transfer! 

JSquared2
Posted: 6/27/19 at 10:32am

lemiz3001 said: "What I'm hearing:

Jacobs - A London transfer of a play to be announced this week.

I'm hearing the same...and not Present Laughter, as another poster suggested.

lemiz3001
Posted: 6/27/19 at 11:13am

Mike Barrett said: "Also, do you know if the London play thats transferring is a revival or a new play? I would love, Home, Im darling to transfer!"

Revival I heard is announcing today. Apparently switched from the Belasco at the last minute. Anyone heard what's going there before NORTH COUNTRY?

Impossible2
Posted: 6/27/19 at 11:25am

Phantom of London said: "lemiz3001 said: "What I'm hearing:

Neil Simon - Michael Jacksonapparently still athing and has first dibs on the theatre.

Broadway - WSS is basically confirmed.

Haven't heard anything about the Lyceum or Longacre.
"

I wonder if the London transfer of the play is Matthew Warchus’ production of Noel Coward’s production of Present Laughter, which has just opened at the Old Vic, which recieved both knockout reviews for the play and Andrew Scott.

Andrew Scott is a big nam in the UK, not sure he is big in the states though?
"

Present Laughter was on 2 years ago with Kevin Kline starring, I highly doubt they'd do it again so soon especially with an almost nobody...

Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Posted: 6/27/19 at 11:51am

Impossible2 said: "Phantom of London said: "lemiz3001 said: "What I'm hearing:

Neil Simon - Michael Jacksonapparently still athing and has first dibs on the theatre.

"

I wonder if the London transfer of the play is Matthew Warchus’ production of Noel Coward’s production of Present Laughter, which has just opened at the Old Vic, which recieved both knockout reviews for the play and Andrew Scott.

Andrew Scott is a big nam in the UK, not sure he is big in the states though?
"

Present Laughter was on 2 years ago with Kevin Kline starring, I highly doubt they'd do it again so soon especially with an almost nobody...
"

Forgot about Present Laughter being only 2 years ago, so won’t be that. Could it be Tennessee Williams’ Summer and Smoke with the brilliant Patsy Ferran?

Mike Barrett
Posted: 6/27/19 at 11:57am

I was thinking Summer Smoke as well maybe. Might be getting my hopes up with this, but a possible Marrianne Elliot's Death Of A Salesman? She might be too busy with that opening in London in January I believe, plus a possible Company transfer, but if its today thats exciting. 

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
Posted: 6/27/19 at 1:02pm

Mike Barrett said: "I was thinking Summer Smoke as well maybe. Might be getting my hopes up with this, but a possible Marrianne Elliot's Death Of A Salesman? She might be too busy with that opening in London in January I believe, plus a possible Company transfer, but if its today thats exciting."

God I hope it's not Summer and Smoke. We just had a well-received production at CSC last year.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
Posted: 6/27/19 at 1:02pm

CurtainPullDowner said: "little_sally said: "CurtainPullDowner said: "The LYCEUM could use some new Ghosts."
Is that a Follies reference?
"
No, think more Holiday Spirits.
"

Matthew Warchus & Jack Thorne's ghosts? Or Michael Arden & Jefferson Mays' ghosts? Or a whole new set of ghosts?

Mike Barrett
Posted: 6/27/19 at 1:10pm

little_sally said: "Mike Barrett said: "I was thinking Summer Smoke as well maybe. Might be getting my hopes up with this, but a possible Marrianne Elliot's Death Of A Salesman? She might be too busy with that opening in London in January I believe, plus a possible Company transfer, but if its today thats exciting."

God I hope it's not Summer and Smoke. We just had a well-received production at CSC last year.
"

I haven't ever seen Summer and Smoke, so Id be okay if that were the case. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
Posted: 6/27/19 at 1:12pm

MollyJeanneMusic said: "There's a hashtag going around to "#BringTheBoltToBroadway," referring to The Lightning Thief: The Musical. Could you see the show coming to Broadway anytime soon? Would it fit in any of the vacant theaters?"

Please no. Be More Chill 2.0 (and it's a worse show than BMC).

Impossible2
Posted: 6/27/19 at 2:03pm

1. Mike Barrett said: "Might be getting my hopes up with this, but a possible Marrianne Elliot's Death Of A Salesman? She might be too busy with that opening in London in January I believe, plus a possible Company transfer, but if its today thats exciting."

I have seen about 10 Miller productions over the past couple of years and this version of Death was by far my least favourite.

I don't know if it was because I'd seen the very similar and far superior All My Sons the week before, but this production (despite some great performances) was very muddled and confusing, with some extremely odd directorial choices.

I found the whole experience quite torturous as did obviously the many who got up and walked out during the performance.

Updated On: 6/27/19 at 02:03 PM

AEA AGMA SM
Posted: 6/27/19 at 2:24pm

I don’t know for sure what the status of the revival is, but I’m guessing Scott Rudin has the commercial rights for Death of a Salesman currently tied up at the moment (unless he has completely abandoned the proposed Lane/Metcalf revival)

DoTheDood Profile Photo
DoTheDood
Posted: 6/27/19 at 2:52pm

lemiz3001 said: "What I'm hearing:

Neil Simon - Michael Jackson apparently still a thing and has first dibs on the theatre.

"

Damn, you got the Jacobs right with Betrayal. 

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
Posted: 6/27/19 at 3:43pm

If COMPANY comes over, I'm pretty sure Rosalie Craig would transfer with it?  No?

And if they do recast , Stephanie J. would seem the logical choice to me.

Right voice, Acting and comic chops to spare and a newly acquired TONY!

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
Posted: 6/27/19 at 3:46pm

CurtainPullDowner said: "If COMPANY comes over, I'm pretty sure Rosalie Craig would transfer with it? No?

And if they do recast , Stephanie J. would seem the logical choice to me.
"

Ideally, yes. But IF they recast Bobbie, I dont think SJB would be right for that role.

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

snookyookums
Posted: 6/27/19 at 4:56pm

_(•_&bull_/ said: "Secret Garden is dead."

That’s not what I’ve heard. ‍ I guess we’ll see. 

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
Posted: 6/27/19 at 5:06pm

What about "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" seems like it could fit the Longacre. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
Posted: 6/27/19 at 5:29pm

Broadway Inbound, which does Broadway and Off-Broadway group sales, has the following unannounced shows listed on its website:

ALMOST FAMOUS
DIANA
DREAMGIRLS
MARIE
MRS. DOUBTFIRE

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
Posted: 6/27/19 at 7:46pm

lemiz3001 said: "COMPANY is still casting Bobbiso the schedule will all depend on who they cast and their availability. CAROLINE is in talks for Studio 54 as part of the Roundabout season. I've heard that CRAZY FOR YOU is circling the Sondheim but that was months ago."

Anyone have any tea on who they're going for now? Earlier this year word was Anne Hathaway.

And hopefully, Rosalie not coming won't mean Patti passes.

inception Profile Photo
inception
Posted: 6/27/19 at 7:52pm

CT2NYC said: "Broadway Inbound, which does Broadway and Off-Broadway group sales, has the following unannounced shows listed on its website:

ALMOST FAMOUS
DIANA
DREAMGIRLS
MARIE
MRS. DOUBTFIRE
"

It is too bad that when you google reviews of the Seattle run of Marie from the spring you get news articles that say things like, "…it has a terrible book that’s poorly constructed with rather flat characters and leaden dialogue." 

That's from  some gayseattle site, but it isn't the only bad review.

Of these only Dreamgirls sounds appealing, depending upon the cast

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
Posted: 6/27/19 at 9:00pm

Andrew Scott is an incredible actor. He's got a big new Sam Mendes war epic film that he stars in alongside Richard Madden and Benedict Cumberbatch, that comes out on Christmas. I could see the film and him getting major attention which might make him a bankable star in Present Laughter if they move it in for the spring.

I hope Caroline, or Change comes to Roundabout. That show needs a revival and Roundabout needs to do some more contemporary work, so it's a perfect fit.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
Posted: 6/27/19 at 9:00pm

Andrew Scott is an incredible actor. He's got a big new Sam Mendes war epic film that he stars in alongside Richard Madden and Benedict Cumberbatch, that comes out on Christmas. I could see the film and him getting major attention which might make him a bankable star in Present Laughter if they move it in for the spring.

I hope Caroline, or Change comes to Roundabout. That show needs a revival and Roundabout needs to do some more contemporary work, so it's a perfect fit.

Ledaero Profile Photo
Ledaero
Posted: 6/28/19 at 4:20am

DoTheDood said: "emiz3001 said: "Neil Simon - Michael Jackson apparently still a thing and has first dibs on the theatre."

little_sally said: "Also can we let the Michael Jackson thing just die?"

I'm really not looking forward to Don’t Stop ?Til You Get Enough either, but one thing that makes me think it really is coming is they already have an ad for it on 44th street near the Helen Hayes theatre. I walked by it yesterday and had to do a double-take because it was truly baffling to see an ad for a show with basically no information out yet. I assumed it was dead in the water after they canceled the try-out, but it was there. It was only the MJ art from all the promotion online, but it seems like having art for a show that can't get even get a decent try-out is putting the horse before the carriage. Maybe this is more common, as I've only been to NYC a handful of times, idk
"

I'm actually pretty excited about Don't Stop Til' You Get Enough coming in, and I think you all will be excited as well once you see it. From workshops, the show is really wonderful. And I HATE jukeboxes. Lynn Nottage is doing a brilliant job in constructing the narrative. It's not a typical bio-musical, and last draft I know of had it all structured within a single rehearsal for the Dangerous tour and most of it is focusing on the psychological/social/cultural issues Jackson was facing. Since the release of Leaving Neverland, they've gone deep into rewrites of how to refocus the story to be inclusive of the information presented in the documentary. And Nottage is a firm believer in the boys, so I'm sure everything will come out politically acceptable.

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
Posted: 6/28/19 at 8:26am

I find it hard to believe the Estate, which is only doing this for the cash, will allow child molestation allegations to be treated with validity in the show.