pixeltracker

TINA - Adrienne Warren schedule- Page 3

TINA - Adrienne Warren schedule

BWAY Baby2
Posted: 1/23/20 at 4:18am

I just never understood the problems people feel with the book of Tina. It is a straight up biography of Tina's life- nothing more- nothing less. Her life is filled with some dizzying ups and downs- like most lives- and the book of the show recounts her rise to stardom- and some of her challenges. There is nothing wrong with the book of this show, IMO- just seems like everyone is piling on. The book of Ain't Too Proud- or any other jukebox musical- does exactly the same thing- and if people think Tina's life story is a bore- I just do not understand that. 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
Posted: 1/23/20 at 8:23am

BWAY Baby2 said: "I just never understood the problems people feel with the book of Tina. It is a straight up biography of Tina's life- nothing more- nothing less. Her life is filled with some dizzying ups and downs- like most lives- and the book of the show recounts her rise to stardom- and some of her challenges. There is nothing wrong with the book of this show, IMO- just seems like everyone is piling on. The book of Ain't Too Proud- or any other jukebox musical- does exactly the same thing- and if people think Tina's life story is a bore- I just do not understand that."

I’ve always wanted a TIna Turner musical and I know every well that’s she’s had a hell of a life. On my end, I found quite a few awkward transitions and a lot of hacky, cheesy dialogue, some of which was (or at least sounded like) it was lifted directly from “What’s Love Go To Do With It” (the movie). 

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
Posted: 1/23/20 at 8:29am

BWAY Baby2 said: "I just never understood the problems people feel with the book of Tina. It is a straight up biography of Tina's life- nothing more- nothing less. Her life is filled with some dizzying ups and downs- like most lives- and the book of the show recounts her rise to stardom- and some of her challenges. There is nothing wrong with the book of this show, IMO- just seems like everyone is piling on. The book of Ain't Too Proud- or any other jukebox musical- does exactly the same thing- and if people think Tina's life story is a bore- I just do not understand that."

100% agreed. I thought the book was just fine and worked for the show.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
Posted: 1/25/20 at 4:43pm

I am kinda speechless over how many additional performances Adrienne is missing, per that (headache inducing) notice that ACL posted.

Yikes...

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
Posted: 1/25/20 at 4:52pm

How was that a headache? Adrienne deserves a vacation. Have you seen the show? It’s crazy what she does on that stage. She gives 100 percent. She seems to have a good track record. Hell, give that girl anything she wants

FlyHigh523 Profile Photo
FlyHigh523
Posted: 1/25/20 at 5:11pm

WiCkEDrOcKS said: "I am kinda speechless over how many additional performances Adrienne is missing, per that (headache inducing) notice that ACL posted.

Yikes...
"

Girl... what? Adrienne is scheduled to do six a week. Some of her missed performances this week were planned. Overall, she hasn’t missed a lot. AND... she hurt her ankle??? She deserves days off to heal her ankle! Come on now. 

WiCkEDrOcKS
Posted: 1/25/20 at 7:06pm

How can you look at a FOUR PARAGRAPH LONG alternate schedule and not think it’s a headache...?

And yes, I have seen the show.

UncleCharlie
Posted: 1/25/20 at 7:29pm

WiCkEDrOcKS said: "How can you look at a FOUR PARAGRAPH LONG alternate schedule and not think it’s a headache...?

And yes, I have seen the show.
"

How? Quickly look at the dates and if it doesn't apply to me, quickly move on to the next paragraph. Rinse and repeat. Easy peasy.

If you got a headache from that, I sure hope you hire someone to do your taxes... or fill out any sort of application... or tell you what the weekend schedule is for NYC subway work or really read anything with instructions longer than two sentences. 

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
Posted: 1/25/20 at 7:43pm

Y’all, that Adrienne in/out paragraph is confusing as hell by design to make it difficult to find out who’s on, encouraging people to just buy a ticket anyways. Don’t die on the hill that the language on the Tina site is crystal clear/immediately legible. It’s not, in any way.

UncleCharlie
Posted: 1/25/20 at 8:16pm

VotePeron said: "Y’all, that Adrienne in/out paragraph is confusing as hell by design to make it difficult to find out who’s on, encouraging people to just buy a ticket anyways. Don’t die on the hill that the language on the Tina site is crystal clear/immediately legible. It’s not, in any way. "

The applicable dates are literally in the first sentence of every paragraph. If someone is not planning to go during those dates, they can quickly move on to the next paragraph. How freaking hard is that to do? And how is "on X dates so and so is scheduled to perform the role of Tina" confusing as hell by design? Knowing how people complain when the advertised star is out, if they weren't this specific and transparent, people would bitch about that. Look, I know pissing and moaning about every little thing is the official sport of this board but come on, this is not really that complicated.

Updated On: 1/25/20 at 08:16 PM

Yankees02
Posted: 1/25/20 at 8:34pm

Knock on wood for now, I bought tickets when they went on sale for February 18th. So hoping to see Adrienne and she stays healthy

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
Posted: 1/25/20 at 10:44pm

Regardless of whether you see Warren, Nkeki or Kayla, it's not affecting ticket sales. Weeknight performances have seen a slight drop in prices, but it's still a hot ticket and is still selling out. the average theatergoer seeing this show doesn't really care who's playing the lead and I don't think Warren's name is above the title anyways.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

WiCkEDrOcKS
Posted: 1/25/20 at 10:58pm

“ Look, I know pissing and moaning about every little thing is the official sport of this board but come on, this is not really that complicated.”

Well, if the official sport of this board was being unnecessarily nasty, obnoxious, and rude, you’d take gold.

UncleCharlie
Posted: 1/25/20 at 11:37pm

Thank you, and I hope I didn't make your headache worse.

KitKatBoy24 Profile Photo
KitKatBoy24
Posted: 1/28/20 at 11:11pm

She was on tonight and the playbill was back to the normal listing of her doing 6/8 shows. No Wednesday Matinee and no Saturday matinee. She had an ankle brace on, but her movements all seemed full out and fine. She was phenomenal. I wish I could say the same for the rest of the show :/

"In here, life is beautiful"

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#65Adrienne Warren schedule
Posted: 1/29/20 at 2:00pm

I saw Nikkei & Adrienne. Night and day.  I left at intermission w/Nikkei performing. She screamed her songs. Warren did not.

On Nov 21, I had the misfortune of 3 understudies in the leads. Saw it again with the  main leads. Much better.

I noticed when Gideon Glick filled in for 1 or 2 weeks for Jonathan Groff, the playbill was modified to show Gideon playing Seymour. There was no white insert for him.  Perhaps patrons are griping enough that playbill is now altering it, something they should do in Ticketmaster for Tina. Telecharge did that for Little Shop w/Gideon.  It's also posting that Christian Borle won't be in on several weeks. Getting info from Ticketmaster is impossible.

BroadwayLuv2 Profile Photo
BroadwayLuv2
#66Adrienne Warren schedule
Posted: 1/29/20 at 3:16pm

Possibly an unpopular opinion but I have seen both Adrienne and also Kayla Davion.  I found both of them to be extremely impressive but I actually enjoyed Davion's performance a little better.  If you end up catching one of her shows you aren't seeing any less of a performance IMO.  

Can't comment on Nikkei but I did see Jenny Fitzpatrick (Tina alternate) London about a year and a half ago when Warren was on vacation and she was also great.  

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
DiscoCrows
#67Adrienne Warren schedule
Posted: 1/29/20 at 3:41pm

BroadwayLuv2 said: "Possibly an unpopular opinion but I have seen both Adrienne and also Kayla Davion. I found both of them to be extremely impressive but I actually enjoyed Davion's performance a little better. If you end up catching one of her shows you aren't seeing any less of a performance IMO.

Can't comment on Nikkei butI did see Jenny Fitzpatrick (Tina alternate) London about a year and a half ago when Warren was on vacation and she was also great.
"

Good to hear, thanks for sharing. Since you've clearly seen it a few times at least, might I ask what you thought of the show beyond it's casting? Book/direction?

BroadwayLuv2 Profile Photo
BroadwayLuv2
#68Adrienne Warren schedule
Posted: 1/29/20 at 5:13pm

DiscoCrows said: "BroadwayLuv2 said: "Possibly an unpopular opinion but I have seen both Adrienne and also Kayla Davion. I found both of them to be extremely impressive but I actually enjoyed Davion's performance a little better. If you end up catching one of her shows you aren't seeing any less of a performance IMO.

Can't comment on Nikkei butI did see Jenny Fitzpatrick (Tina alternate) London about a year and a half ago when Warren was on vacation and she was also great.
"

Good to hear, thanks for sharing. Since you've clearly seen it a few times at least, might I ask what you thought of the show beyond it's casting? Book/direction?
"

I really love the show.  I think it's hard to go wrong with Tina's story as it's very dramatic and ultimately very inspiring I think.  There are a few songs I would personally cut for timing reasons as I do feel like it's a little long (end of Act1 song. The song with Tina & her manager).  

I think the book is fine and don't thin it's as bad as other's have said on the boards, I particularly really like the scene with Tina when her Mom is in the hospital.   I really like how this show doesn't shy aware from the heaviness or darker parts of her of the story.  I don't think it has the chance to win best new musical or anything but I think it's a quality show that is very enjoyable to watch.  

Zion24
#69Adrienne Warren schedule
Posted: 2/2/20 at 10:16pm

adrienne warren was in for todays matinee, and in fine voice. i am no expert by any means, but i do not quite understand how she manages to sing like that however many times a week- not to mention dance and stay centerstage the entire show (she was performing in an ankle brace). during that closing number, i was watching her run up and down those steps mid-breath, mid-belt, and it didnt seem real. kudos to her. 

rest of the show was a hot mess, but i guess some people like these sorta biomusicals? it reminded me alot of Beautiful: a rock star turned into a saint, with cringe-worthy dialogue scenes of one-dimensional characters used to piece the incredible music catalog together. I thought Katori Hall missed many opportunities to make it more interesting (the racism she faced, her role as a somewhat absent mother) but with Adrienne Warren singing that music, i guess no one bothered. 

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#70Adrienne Warren schedule
Posted: 2/2/20 at 11:02pm

After seeing the show a couple of weeks ago, I can see why Adrienne does 4 shows a week. Her voice is going through such a workout. Even while she's speaking, her voice is very low to mimic Tina. And she's phenomenal! 

Zion24
#71Adrienne Warren schedule
Posted: 2/2/20 at 11:38pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "After seeing the show a couple of weeks ago, I can see why Adrienne does 4 shows a week. Her voice is going through such a workout. Even while she's speaking, her voice is very low to mimic Tina. And she's phenomenal!"

just wanna clear this up: she is NOT doing 4 shows a week. she does all shows except Wed and Sat matinees i believe. lets nip this rumor before it lives any further- she doesnt do two shows a day. And in all honesty, is that even possible? 

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#72Adrienne Warren schedule
Posted: 2/3/20 at 12:18am

No, Nikkei is on Friday evenings too. I have the most recent playbill.

Updated On: 2/3/20 at 12:18 AM

Zion24
#73Adrienne Warren schedule
Posted: 2/3/20 at 12:35am

i have today's, and it says nothing of the sort. she does six shows a week. lets stop this nonsense here and now.

HunterK Profile Photo
HunterK
#74Adrienne Warren schedule
Posted: 2/16/20 at 5:24pm

The past few weeks the playbills cast information for the role of Tina Turner was changed. I went on 2/11 and the playbill showed Nkeki performing 4 shows, but I knew that was just for the one week because Adrienne was doing press out of the country. They adjust the playbill as needed, because it is not listed on the understudy board or was their an insert in the playbill. It was a Tuesday evening and the only was I knew was  by checking during intermission, because when the curtain went up...that wasn't Adrienne! 

But also at the show on 2/11, Nkeki was getting sicker throughout Act 1, I have seen her at her best and this was very disheartening to see. My heart when out for her. At the end of intermission it was announced the Kayla Davion would perform Act 2. The audience reaction was actually disappointing. Of course my friend and I applauded as soon as the curtain went up. After "Private Dancer" the audience was in love with Ms. Davion. She killed it! Absolutely brilliant performance!