Movies That Will Be Adapted Into Musicals

SpookyFish13
#25Movies That Will Be Adapted Into Musicals
Posted: 7/29/19 at 8:06pm

Okay, but what about “Holes”?

… "If only, if only, " the woodpecker sighs,
"The bark on the trees was as soft as the skies, "
As the wolf waits below, hungry and lonely,
He cries to the moo-oo-oon, "If only, if only."…

mattyp4
#26Movies That Will Be Adapted Into Musicals
Posted: 7/30/19 at 12:37am

DoTheDood said: "This is probably a dumb idea for a Broadway show, but I would love for Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes on stage. Very campy film that already has a few solid songs. It could be very Xanadu/Spamlot-like, with the show playfully being tongue-in-cheek with the source material while also appreciating it at the same time. Also more theatre related jokes. Again this would be better off-B'way and then would be great for regional/local productions."

I'm into this.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#27Movies That Will Be Adapted Into Musicals
Posted: 7/30/19 at 1:16am

I’d like to see a Murder on the Orient Express musical. Basically A Gentleman’s Guide meets On the 20th Century. I’d see it.

BroadwayNoob
#28Movies That Will Be Adapted Into Musicals
Posted: 7/30/19 at 1:29am

Not a musical, but my dad really wants Reservoir Dogs to be turned into a play. I think it's doable

Dollypop
#29Movies That Will Be Adapted Into Musicals
Posted: 7/30/19 at 2:12pm

Manchester By the Sea

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

copskid949 Profile Photo
copskid949
#30Movies That Will Be Adapted Into Musicals
Posted: 7/31/19 at 4:21am

I doubt it would show up anytime soon, but I feel like the first Scream is tongue-in-cheek enough to work super well as a musical. The first act can be everything leading up to the party, second act is the party in its entirety.

Also, not a movie, but I’d love to see what someone could do with the Portal games. I feel like the plot would have to get cut down a bit too much to work, but it’s got some really relevant themes for something released to a primarily male gamer audience in 2011. Plus, the game’s composer Jonathan Coulton is officially a Broadway composer thanks to SpongeBob’s “Bikini Bottom Day.”

Updated On: 7/31/19 at 04:21 AM

magictodo123
#31Movies That Will Be Adapted Into Musicals
Posted: 7/31/19 at 7:51am

I was seriously thinking about trying to adapt Yours, Mine and Ours into a stage show. My only concern would be with the child actors and how fast they'd have to be cycled out. 

magictodo123
#32Movies That Will Be Adapted Into Musicals
Posted: 7/31/19 at 7:54am

SpookyFish13 said: "Okay, but what about “Holes”?

"

The amount of sand would be a nightmare for the stagecrew...although they did incorporate it into the latest OOTI revival so who knows? 

Brooks0214
#33Movies That Will Be Adapted Into Musicals
Posted: 7/31/19 at 8:43am

I LOVE some of the movie adaptations that have come out over the years but I am getting really tired of so many musicals all being adaptations! I want some new original musicals that aren’t movie adaptions! Not saying I don’t want them at all but it seems that’s all that comes out anymore

BwayLB
#34Movies That Will Be Adapted Into Musicals
Posted: 7/31/19 at 11:14am

Brooks0214 said: "I LOVE some of the movie adaptations that have come out over the years but I am getting really tired of so many musicals all being adaptations! I want some new original musicals that aren’t movie adaptions! Not saying I don’t want them at all but it seems that’s all that comes out anymore"

I don’t blame you. The last original musical I saw was Dear Evan Hansen

Alex Kulak2
#35Movies That Will Be Adapted Into Musicals
Posted: 1/25/20 at 4:30pm

Dave Malloy would clean up with a musical based on Spike Jonze's Her.

bwaybffs
#36Movies That Will Be Adapted Into Musicals
Posted: 1/26/20 at 9:48pm

Anyone else very curious to see how they pull off The Notebook as a musical? (music and lyrics by Ingrid Michaelson and a book by Bekah Brunstetter) 

Follow us on Instagram: @bwaybffs!

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#37Movies That Will Be Adapted Into Musicals
Posted: 1/27/20 at 9:05am

Alex Kulak2 said: "

Dave Malloy would clean up with a musical based on Spike Jonze's Her."

Woah. Yes. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#38Movies That Will Be Adapted Into Musicals
Posted: 1/28/20 at 2:28pm

SpookyFish13 said: "Okay, but what about “Holes”?

"

Wow. I can’t believe we have to dig up Eartha Kit from the grave now. Only way I’d see a holes musical.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#39Movies That Will Be Adapted Into Musicals
Posted: 1/28/20 at 9:27pm

Flirting with Disaster.

ellbellthomps
#40Movies That Will Be Adapted Into Musicals
Posted: 1/29/20 at 2:02pm

Kinda cheating because it already has music in it, but The Princess and the Frog would be a great musical. 

Also, I reallyyyy want corpse bride to come to the stage. It would be AMAZING. If I was talented, I'd do it. 

SugarButterFlour
#41Movies That Will Be Adapted Into Musicals
Posted: 2/3/20 at 4:53am

I just had a thought at something that could be interesting....Big Fat Liar.