pixeltracker

ABC’s The Little Mermaid LIVE- Page 2

ABC’s The Little Mermaid LIVE

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#25ABC’s The Little Mermaid LIVE
Posted: 8/7/19 at 10:33am

darreyl102 said: "^I was speaking to the poster who said that Queen would knock the s*** out of 'poor unfortunate souls', something I've never seen her be able to do live. I'm fully aware of the history of the song, and it doesn't have to be as big as it was on Broadway but I'm saying that I don't see the tifa doing anything but the okay performance she usually does when she sings"

Sherie  Rene Scott, ruined the enjoyment of me listening to anyone else performing Poor Unfortunate Souls. Her interpretation of Ursula, by turning her into a Broadway diva, and transforming of Poor Unfortunate Souls into a belters anthem was just amazing. I remember seeing Faith Prince take on Ursula after Scott and being so disappointed, as her take on Ursula was much more in line with Pat Carroll’s speak singing. I have said this on the boards before and will say it again, I will pay full Broadway prices for a concert of the original Broadway cast with a with a full orchestra. The Little Mermaid’s Broadway score is honestly one of the most under appreciated in the last 20 years. 

sparksatmidnight
#26ABC’s The Little Mermaid LIVE
Posted: 8/10/19 at 8:22pm

It's not fully staged - it's a showing of the movie but with live music. The production will incorporate songs from Broadway, though. And no, there will be no understudies.

bk
#27ABC’s The Little Mermaid LIVE
Posted: 8/10/19 at 8:26pm

You all know this was supposed to happen two years ago, right?  And the plug was pulled.  But the gentleman responsible for this knows not from no and I'm sure it's been a relentless two years.

MemorableUserName
#28ABC’s The Little Mermaid LIVE
Posted: 9/25/19 at 12:57pm

I've never seen Graham Phillips in anything, but he's certainly pretty enough for the role, and isn't that all we need from Eric?

Stamos should be fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9EPDvh9wDk

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#29ABC’s The Little Mermaid LIVE
Posted: 9/25/19 at 1:22pm

MemorableUserName said: "I've never seen Graham Phillips in anything, but he's certainly pretty enough for the role, and isn't that all we need from Eric?

Stamos should be fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9EPDvh9wDk
"

If you're familiar with Riverdale, Graham played Nick St. Clair.

Wayman_Wong
#30ABC’s The Little Mermaid LIVE
Posted: 9/25/19 at 2:09pm

In 2008, Graham Phillips made his Broadway debut as Evan in ''13,'' Jason Robert Brown's musical about teenagers 

Among his young co-stars was future pop star Ariana Grande. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9Cdnz5CtWQ

Updated On: 9/25/19 at 02:09 PM

carolinaguy Profile Photo
carolinaguy
#31ABC’s The Little Mermaid LIVE
Posted: 9/25/19 at 2:26pm

Graham Phillips also did several seasons as Julianna Margulies's son on The Good Wife.

Just remembering you've had an "and" When you're back to "or" Makes the "or" mean more than it did before

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#32ABC’s The Little Mermaid LIVE
Posted: 9/25/19 at 3:09pm

I had no idea Graham Phillips had done anything since 13. I guess I haven’t been watching the right TV shows.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#33ABC’s The Little Mermaid LIVE
Posted: 10/16/19 at 8:59pm

Wow! I had to dig up this thread as no one seems to be showing any interest in this upcoming thing.

So it turns out it is NOT a full production but little split-screen moments while the original animated feature is shown. It’s actually an airing of the animated film with these little “live” bits during the musical numbers.

Wow! This is going to piss off a crap load of people unaware of this. Yes, they are airing a TV spot with the cast explaining this but many people watch shows off their DVRs so they fast-forward commercials so this “disclaimer” TV spot isn’t being seen.

SouthernCakes
#34ABC’s The Little Mermaid LIVE
Posted: 10/16/19 at 10:24pm

What’s the point of that?

sparksatmidnight
#35ABC’s The Little Mermaid LIVE
Posted: 10/17/19 at 9:32am

BrodyFosse123 said: "
So it turns out it is NOT a full production but little split-screen moments while the original animated feature is shown.
"

It doesn't "turn out it is not a full production". It was announced in 2017 as being a showing of the movie with the live songs. If people get pissed off they only read what they want that's their own damn fault.

Rypm25 Profile Photo
Rypm25
#36ABC’s The Little Mermaid LIVE
Posted: 10/17/19 at 10:48am

To be fair, none of the commercials airing are making it clear what this is. It just says The Little Mermaid Live and most viewers tuning in are going to be disappointed when they realize what it really is.

SouthernCakes
#37ABC’s The Little Mermaid LIVE
Posted: 10/17/19 at 4:24pm

Didn’t they do this at the Hollywood bowl?

BrodyFosse123
#38ABC’s The Little Mermaid LIVE
Posted: 10/17/19 at 5:06pm

Here’s that TV spot that has been airing extensively during prime time:  

MBFan
#39ABC’s The Little Mermaid LIVE
Posted: 10/30/19 at 3:03pm

They keep saying this has never been done before. Well there's probably a reason for that...

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#40ABC’s The Little Mermaid LIVE
Posted: 10/30/19 at 3:15pm

I've never seen "The Little Mermaid," either film or stage, because I didn't want to.  But this is an interesting concept, and I definitely will watch.  Sounds fun!

Non sibi sed patriae

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#41ABC’s The Little Mermaid LIVE
Posted: 10/30/19 at 3:47pm

It just makes little sense to me. It looks like thye are going all out on the musical numbers. Why not just do the whole thing live?! Time will only tell how weird this may be.

Does anyone else think 9pm-11pm on a Tuesday is a bad time to show this?

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

bk
#42ABC’s The Little Mermaid LIVE
Posted: 10/31/19 at 6:39pm

SouthernCakes said: "Didn’t they do this at the Hollywood bowl?"

Yes, it's the same producer, who is a film music agent who represents the biggest composers in Hollywood, including Alan Menken.  He did this at the Bowl, then coerced Disney, plug was pulled, but he, as I said earlier, knows not from the word no, and got them to say yes again.  

SouthernCakes
#43ABC’s The Little Mermaid LIVE
Posted: 11/10/19 at 8:39pm

I love the stage decision and set up! Where was this filmed? Looks like a real theater but it’s prob not.

And the fact that people said all you need from Prince Eric is to be pretty is the problem. That man cannot act and can barley sing. He’s clearly got by on a nice smile because there was zero motivation in that whole performance. Oof.

BrodyFosse123
#44ABC’s The Little Mermaid LIVE
Posted: 11/10/19 at 8:48pm

I love the stage decision and set up! Where was this filmed? Looks like a real theater but it’s prob not.

It was filmed entirely on a soundstage at the Walt Disney Studios in California.  

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#45ABC’s The Little Mermaid LIVE
Posted: 11/11/19 at 12:01am

I wonder the set up given the elevators in the stage floor 

none465
#46ABC’s The Little Mermaid LIVE
Posted: 1/25/20 at 5:41pm

Explain, that with all the animation shows that can't be done live, you tell me is it so wise to turn this musical into a live production. Look at the live production of A Christmas Story, with Matthew Broderick, the narrator was never seen, the time period of the production, during one of the WW's & in that time frame, they had an Hispanic actress playing the role of the mother, then they had the forest fire fighters that fought in the California fires be acknowledged while the live production is in progress, do we need that with this musical. 

Can you imagine the furor that will be arisen if they cast Queen Latifah as the villain in this production ?

With all the furor of whoever has done blackface, meaning, politicos, why wasn't there any backlash for the forefathers being black in the musical Hamilton ? 

Updated On: 1/25/20 at 05:41 PM

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#47ABC’s The Little Mermaid LIVE
Posted: 1/25/20 at 6:53pm

WHAT???!!!

sparksatmidnight
#48ABC’s The Little Mermaid LIVE
Posted: 1/25/20 at 7:42pm

How high are you, none465?