pixeltracker

Hamilton Chicago closing performance

Hamilton Chicago closing performance

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1Hamilton Chicago closing performance
Posted: 1/4/20 at 1:57pm

Im sure many on this board dont really care, but is anyone going? Considering its the first Hamilton production to shutter, I think its a pretty big deal. Curious if any of the producers or creative team members will be in attendance.
Ive been trying my luck with the lottery for the past month and wasnt able to win, so I doubt I’ll be seeing the show ever again.
The last performance I saw was February 2018, so its been bit, but I really enjoyed this cast and incarnation of the show. Im sure it will be back in Chicago at some point or another. I think it took wicked about 18 months to come back.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 1/4/20 at 01:57 PM

BalconyClub Profile Photo
BalconyClub
#2Hamilton Chicago closing performance
Posted: 1/4/20 at 2:16pm

It will be great not seeing that daily UNFORTUNATELY email.

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#3Hamilton Chicago closing performance
Posted: 1/4/20 at 8:30pm

What’s the first show in the CIBC post-Hamilton?

BalconyClub Profile Photo
BalconyClub
#4Hamilton Chicago closing performance
Posted: 1/4/20 at 8:38pm

A return visit of WAITRESS plays in May at the CIBC. Is there anything before at CIBC?

Call_me_jorge
#5Hamilton Chicago closing performance
Posted: 1/4/20 at 10:08pm

Don’t believe so. The return engagement of Dear Evan Hansen doesn’t begin until the summer. Wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility that they plan to do a little refurbishment after Hamilton.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Phantom4ever
#6Hamilton Chicago closing performance
Posted: 1/5/20 at 3:09am

Have they announced where the Chicago production’s set is going? Either to an international production or yet another tour I would imagine.

wish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
#7Hamilton Chicago closing performance
Posted: 1/5/20 at 10:39am

Phantom4ever said: "Have they announced where the Chicago production’s set is going? Either to an international production or yet another tour I would imagine. "

I think it’s going to the LA run

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#8Hamilton Chicago closing performance
Posted: 1/5/20 at 11:01am

Much of the Chicago cast has been offered the LA run, while others have been offered spots in the Broadway, touring, and overseas companies, per an article in the Trib yesterday or Friday. It was a nice short piece by Chris Jones.

The Chicago company had some inconsistencies in the middle of the run, but the last year or so have been marked with strength and consistency.

Call_me_jorge
#9Hamilton Chicago closing performance
Posted: 1/5/20 at 12:15pm

I thought the San Francisco package meaning the set, costumes, and cast were transferring to LA.
I the set, unlike the touring sets, were designed specifically for the CIBC theatre, so it’s unlikely they’ll be able to transfer the entire package elsewhere. They might reuse some the costumes and small scenic pieces, but besides that I’m not sure.

Stellasteve
#10Hamilton Chicago closing performance
Posted: 1/5/20 at 1:12pm

Call_me_jorge said: "I thought the San Francisco package meaning the set, costumes, and cast were transferring to LA.
I the set, unlike the touring sets, were designed specifically for the CIBC theatre, so it’s unlikely they’ll be able to transfer the entire package elsewhere. They might reuse some the costumes and small scenic pieces, but besides that I’m not sure.
"

San Francisco extended until May, and LA opens in March so LA is going to need its own set.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#11Hamilton Chicago closing performance
Posted: 1/5/20 at 2:24pm

I hope they give Cervantes a stint on Broadway. He deserves it for carrying the show in Chicago throughout its entire run.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Fagnes Gooch Profile Photo
Fagnes Gooch
#12Hamilton Chicago closing performance
Posted: 1/5/20 at 2:40pm

Hear! Hear! I caught the show in December, when in Chicago in business. Not my favorite shoe, but, holy smoke, Cervantes gave a dynamic performance. 

Updated On: 1/5/20 at 02:40 PM

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#13Hamilton Chicago closing performance
Posted: 1/5/20 at 3:59pm

The set from the Chicgo production is being moved to LA. A relative of mine is a carpenter who works on the show.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#14Hamilton Chicago closing performance
Posted: 1/5/20 at 4:10pm

Fagnes Gooch said: "Hear! Hear! I caught the show in December, when in Chicago in business. Not my favorite shoe, but, holy smoke, Cervantes gavea dynamic performance."

Miguel Cervantes was nothing short of phenomenal in "Hamilton". He is a personal hero of mine. He deserves every good thing...

CoercedBull Profile Photo
CoercedBull
#15Hamilton Chicago closing performance
Posted: 1/6/20 at 11:41am

Confirmed this morning that Miguel is Broadway's next Hamilton! I'm so thrilled with this news. I saw him twice in Chicago, and was blown away by his performance both times. Hope I'll be able to catch him on Broadway in the future.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#16Hamilton Chicago closing performance
Posted: 1/6/20 at 12:06pm

Good for him. I saw him twice early in the show's run. I was also kind of hoping that Edred Utomi would transfer to the Broadway company. Off all the different Hamilton's I have seen, Edred is my favorite.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

amlheureux
#17Hamilton Chicago closing performance
Posted: 1/6/20 at 12:45pm

So glad Miguel gets to go to Broadway with his explosive and dynamic performance.

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#18Hamilton Chicago closing performance
Posted: 1/6/20 at 1:17pm

Miguel has earned it and I don’t think anyone doubts it. Despite performing the role for over 3 years now, he has remained fresh and on top of his game.

He and his family will take a break and transition life back to Broadway. He has been such an ambassador for the city of Chicago and the show the past few years...I’ve met him twice, but I just feel overwhelmed with pride. 2019 was such a trying year for his family, so I’m glad that 2020 is off with a bang to them.

Utomi is young. I think we’ll see more of him.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#19Hamilton Chicago closing performance
Posted: 1/6/20 at 1:30pm

CoercedBull said: "Confirmed this morning that Miguel is Broadway's next Hamilton! I'm so thrilled with this news. I saw him twice in Chicago, and was blown away by his performance both times. Hope I'll be able to catch him on Broadway in the future."

Yes! I just got PM'ed about this info this morning! I am so excited. Most definitely purchasing tickets to see Miguel again! He deserves every blessing that comes his way!

Updated On: 1/6/20 at 01:30 PM

Videos