pixeltracker

Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas

Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas

gibsons2
#1Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas
Posted: 1/13/20 at 11:58am

I will be in Las Vegas in February and will have time to see one Cirque Du Soleil show. I saw "O" years ago, so my choice is between Michael Jackson, Ka or Zumanity. Which one should I see? Thank you!

Impossible2
#2Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas
Posted: 1/13/20 at 12:24pm

KA is the best Cirque in Vegas by far, it is mind-blowing.

La Reve - The Dream is the 2nd best show on the Strip. It is not Cirque but it is better than 95% of them. It's a water show at the Wynn and it blows 'O' out of the water.

Absynthe at Caesars Palace would be my 3rd pick x

Zumanity is truly bottom of the barrel Cirque. The Jackson one is ok, but nowhere near as good as Love or KA.

Updated On: 1/13/20 at 12:24 PM

trpguyy
#3Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas
Posted: 1/13/20 at 12:31pm

If you only have time for one Cirque show, it should be Ka.

Since you had Zumanity on your list, if you’d prefer a bit of adult-oriented entertainment rather than Cirque spectacle, I’d recommend Absinthe.

astorian_ofthe_heart
#4Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas
Posted: 1/13/20 at 12:35pm

Completely agree with Impossible2. KA is by far the best, and you should see it if you haven't yet.

Be sure to look at the website for Zumanity if you go, because it's not your typical Cirque show. But I rather liked it, so I'd suggest it if you like adult-themed shows. Just know what you're going into lol.

inception Profile Photo
inception
#5Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas
Posted: 1/13/20 at 12:42pm

I also loved Ka. Supposedly thus fall they added some new stunts as well.

In November I saw Absinthe as well as Spiegelworld's new show Atomic Saloon. Saloon is perhaps even more raunchy than Absinthe. Absinthe has more exciting acts.

For all shows make sure you look for discounts on sites like Travelzoo, bestofvegas.com, smartervegas.com, goldstar

Check all the sites before you purchase because discounts vary

gibsons2
#6Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas
Posted: 1/13/20 at 1:19pm

Thank you very much for the response!

Impossible2
#7Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas
Posted: 1/13/20 at 1:21pm

gibsons2 said: "Thank you very much for the response!"

Last time I was in Vegas I got good/cheap tickets for KA just from the MGM website.

Also, don't sit too close as it is a big spectacle which should be seen from further back.

I would say the front of the back section is best for KA x

perfectliar
#8Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas
Posted: 1/13/20 at 1:46pm

Ka, definitely. I loved Zumanity as well, but if you're looking for spectacle, Ka is it.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#9Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas
Posted: 1/13/20 at 3:12pm

Saw "KA". It is a cool show. Not my favorite out of all of the Cirque shows I have seen and is the only one I have seen in Vegas. The theater is really cool with those seats wired for sound. If you see it I suggest you sit back a bit. Maybe the front of the elevated level. You can take more in and I think you will appreciate a certain part of the show from that level. It is visually stunning.

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 1/13/20 at 03:12 PM

RWPrincess
#10Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas
Posted: 1/13/20 at 3:50pm

I'm not a big fan of KA. I hated Zumanity.

I also recommend Le Reve and enjoyed it more than "O". I believe part of the creative team came from Cirque. 

I have the Michael Jackson show on my to do list but timing just hasn't worked out yet. Hoping to get back for Shania Twain residency this Spring so will try to catch it then.

Impossible2
#11Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas
Posted: 1/13/20 at 4:32pm

RWPrincess said: "I'm not a big fan of KA. I hated Zumanity.

I also recommend Le Reve and enjoyed it more than "O". I believe part of the creative team came from Cirque.

I have the Michael Jackson show on my to do list but timing just hasn't worked out yet. Hoping to get back for Shania Twain residency this Spring so will try to catch it then.

"

I actually think 'O' is the worst of the Cirque's. It is so boring and while it has moments of spectacle it is nothing compared to KA's greatest moments.

KA is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, those frickin' clowns on the sand *shudders

It also has stretches of boredom, but its big 'moments' are phenomenal and can't really be seen anywhere else.

La Reve is also brilliant!

bowtie7
#12Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas
Posted: 1/13/20 at 6:16pm

uncageg said: "Saw "KA". It is a cool show. Not my favorite out of all of the Cirque shows I have seen and is the only one I have seen in Vegas. The theater is really cool with those seats wired for sound. If you see it I suggest you sit back a bit. Maybe the front of the elevated level. You can take more in and I think you will appreciate a certain part of the show from that level. It is visually stunning."

While seats a bit back are probably the best for most folks--there is something incredible about seeing it from up front--I recently saw it from the front row--and it just overwhelms in the best way possible. Ka has some of the most advanced physical technical moments ever put on any stage. (Even more amazing for a 15 year old show that isn't in a custom build theatre--the space originally had EFX with Michael Crawford initially and later Tommy Tune.) 

Updated On: 1/13/20 at 06:16 PM

RemlapLBC
#13Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas
Posted: 1/19/20 at 8:11pm

gibsons2 said: "I will be in Las Vegas in February and will have time to see one Cirque Du Soleil show. I saw "O" years ago, so my choice is between Michael Jackson, Ka or Zumanity. Which one should I see? Thank you!"

I would recommend Mystere, which you didn't mention if you haven't seen it.  As others have said of the ones you listed, Ka.    I would strongly say Absinthe over Zumanity.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#14Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas
Posted: 1/19/20 at 9:16pm

100% Le Reve.  It's better than any Cirque show.

PatrickDC Profile Photo
PatrickDC
#15Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas
Posted: 1/19/20 at 9:32pm

IMO the only show worth Vegas prices is Le Reve. If you can spring for the VIP seats and like behind the scenes views, do it. No seat is bad but the VIPs are the last row and are very roomy and comfortable leather chairs. Each seat has an iPad size screen to watch backstage. The screens are not bright and easy to avoid. My friend did not want to watch but he had no issues being distracted. They used to give you champagne and chocolates but today you only get a large commemorative book. It looked nice but I left it. Just pictures of the show and if I don’t plan to look at something a lot after I don’t take it.

It was created by Franco Dragone, and if you weren’t aware you’d say Le Reve was a Cirque production.

I liked O and KA but at both found myself focused more on the mechanics and stagecraft than the performers.

Javi Profile Photo
Javi
#16Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas
Posted: 1/19/20 at 9:47pm

I will give another vote for Le Reve.  It's fantastic! I would put Le Reve as my favourite Vegas show, followed by 'O'...with all the others trailing far back.

I was bored throughout Ka.

Zumanity isn't that good.  The Michael Jackson one felt so cheap and I was just thinking what an exciting show they could have done but it was so blah.

Impossible2
#17Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas
Posted: 1/19/20 at 10:59pm

I would literally rather watch paint dry than sit through ‘O’ again...

Mystere is quite good, but there is nothing in it you can’t see in any touring Cirque show.

The whole point of seeing a show in Vegas is that they are like nothing else you can see elsewhere.

KA and Le Reve are really the only 2 that fit the bill x

Updated On: 1/19/20 at 10:59 PM

PatrickDC Profile Photo
PatrickDC
#18Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas
Posted: 1/19/20 at 11:14pm

Granted it's been many years, but really the only thing I remember about O was the curtain! LOL Other than that the acts are all the same as you see at any CdS show. They may just look a bit different due to the scale of the house and stage. 

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

There is the tired CdS trope of an seemingly unsuspecting audience member aka cast member being pulled from the audience looking all goofy cute at being in front of audience. The emcee rather slyly hooks him to a harness while the "audience member" fumbles through reading the "turn off your phones" announcement. He is then abruptly yanked up and into the curtain up to the proscenium. The curtain is then pulled up into the rafters via a series of wires. At the very end, a large wicker basket bobs on the pool and the curtain stretches out from it to cover the stage. I'm not explaining it well, but it's a wonderful visual and well done. 

Le Reve has a similar reveal and the massive silk flowers that descend at the end are gorgeous. 

Sho-Tunes-R-Us Profile Photo
Sho-Tunes-R-Us
#19Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas
Posted: 1/19/20 at 11:28pm

LE REVE, without a doubt. I prefer standard price seats to the VIP ones.
KA would be my second choice, with LOVE following (if you like The Beatles).

bungalowbob2
#20Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas
Posted: 1/20/20 at 12:00am

Can't remember if this has been mentioned, but it is worth knowing that Le Reve is 75 minutes compared to the standard 90 minutes of all other vegas cirque-esque shows. I personally have found it harder to justify the vegas prices for a show that short but it is a very good show. Having seen most of the shows mentioned here, I would also add that most of these shows are great, but they are different enough that you should choose based on your own personal interests. For example, mystere is very traditional cirque (great acrobatics, VERY loose story, strange and sometimes annoying clowns, etc.). KA is great if you are more interested in a show with a great storyline and well integrated stunts. There are acrobatics in the show but I would describe most of it as in service of the story. ONE and LOVE are very musically inspired. ONE focuses a great deal on dancing while LOVE is more focused on Beatles inspired acrobatics. O and Le Reve are the most abstract and artistic shows, both with aquatic themes. O is very much traditional cirque while Le Reve is more of a spectacle. Both are directed by Franco Dragone. The only two I would suggest avoiding are Zumanity (if you are looking for adult themed cirque, go for Absinthe, which is also amazing and fun) and RUN (another plot oriented stunt show that isn't anywhere near as good as KA). Everyone will have personal opinions, but these shows are generally good enough that it will come down to your tastes. My personal favorite was KA.

PatrickDC Profile Photo
PatrickDC
#21Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas
Posted: 1/20/20 at 12:13am

Is Le Reve really 75 minutes? I thought it was closer to 90 like the others. Regardless, it whizzes by there is so much going on.

One other point I just remembered. My friend had last seen it about 3 years ago. We saw it about a year ago after it was significantly updated. My friend says the current revamped show was better. 

Impossible2
#22Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas
Posted: 1/20/20 at 12:53am

I’ve seen Le Reve 4 times and thought it was the same length as the others. They’re all around 80-85 minutes are they not? Le Reve had a few changes last time I saw it as well.

Californian Profile Photo
Californian
#23Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas
Posted: 1/20/20 at 1:07am

They're all good - you can't go wrong with any of the shows on your list.  I think LOVE - the Beatles show, while not on your list, is my favorite of the bunch.  Also loved La Reve - as mentioned, not Cirque, but a Franco Dragone show.  

bungalowbob2
#24Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas
Posted: 1/20/20 at 2:14am

It sounds like le reve has changed, I saw it years ago. Thanks for the correction.

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#25Cirque Du Soleil shows in Las Vegas
Posted: 1/20/20 at 8:46pm

Put in with the "Ka is the best" category as well. While it has a few slow moments due to transitions between the technical elements, those tech elements are MINDBLOWING. The music is good, the costumes are good, and it's the rare time that the plot line of the show is VERY clear and easy to follow.

Of the others I have seen, I REALLY loved LOVE. And this is from a person that is not a big Beatles fan. It fully embraces the theme and runs with it to make it into a psychedelic wonderland for the senses. Highly recommend it as the second best I have seen out there. 

ONE is....... well if you like MJ you might like it? I didn't hate it but it just doesn't feel like a Cirque show. It focuses a LOT on dance, which is appopirate for a show based on MJ but it therefore lacks the specticle of the others. I will admit though that it's got the best pre-show gimmick of any Cirque I have ever seen.

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

The traditional "clown" act is performers playing paparazzi that hound and chase patrons around the lobby and the theatre with camera and then some photos they take end up projected onto the show curtain with outrageous tabloid headlines. It's VERY well in theme with the life and controversies of MJ.

I know a lot of people that praise Mystere but by far it is my LEAST favorite Cirque show. Not just in Vegas but over all. I just could not enjoy it. That damn snail. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT SNAIL!?

I have not seen any of the others but I have heard poor things about Zumanity more then good and O I have been told is VERY overrated.

Videos