SIX - Preview Thread

Marlothom Profile Photo
Marlothom
#250SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 3/1/20 at 4:54pm

Ryantheatrekid said: "Nicole Kyoung- Mi Lambert is going to be on as Catherine of Aragon for both performances today!"

She was PHENOMENAL when I saw her in Chicago.  While the original US Catherine is very good - Nicole brings a very latin flair to the role, which balances out the group (which is kinda of R&B Diva heavy).  

"Observe how bravely I conceal this dreadful dreadful shame I feel."

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#251SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 3/1/20 at 4:58pm

A bunch of my friends saw Mallory the other night and said she was “horrible” which I fine very hard to believe.

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

angoradebs
#252SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 3/1/20 at 8:07pm

YvanEhtNioj said: "angoradebs said: "Det95 said: "Really interesting article from the NYT about the development of the show.

"

Can someone spoiler-tag explain what the "crowd-pleasing costume reveal" is?
"

I did! Above
"

Yikes, I somehow missed that completely. Thanks!

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#253SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 3/1/20 at 8:46pm

YvanEhtNioj said: "A bunch of my friends saw Mallory the other night and said she was “horrible” which I fine very hard to believe. "

While I definitely preferred Abby, “horrible” is quite the stretch. Mallory wasn’t bad by any means. I’d be interested to see her in another track (I believe Howard is her other first cover, and that I’d love to see). 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#254SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 3/1/20 at 8:49pm

*find

And yes, and I 100% think they were being shady and extra. The megasix that I saw doesn’t give me “horrible” vibes.

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#255SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 3/1/20 at 9:12pm

How soon before they add another alternate or two? After opening?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

starcatchers
#256SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 3/1/20 at 9:49pm

ACL2006 said: "How soon before they add another alternate or two? After opening?"

One more alternate being hired after opening. 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

InTheBathroom1
#257SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 3/1/20 at 10:44pm

I honestly think they should have 6 alternates. Go the Evan Hansen route and have coverage in case everyone is out.

QueenTwinnied
#258SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 3/1/20 at 10:57pm

Nicole looked absolutely incredible in the Aragon costume. I wish they would go this route instead of using different Alternate costumes. 

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#259SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 3/1/20 at 11:02pm

starcatchers said: "YvanEhtNioj said: "A bunch of my friends saw Mallory the other night and said she was “horrible” which I fine very hard to believe. "

While I definitely preferred Abby, “horrible” is quite the stretch. Mallory wasn’t bad by any means. I’d be interested to see her in another track (I believe Howard is her other first cover, and that I’d love to see).

Courtney is first Howard cover. After all she played the role the entire time at ART and the end of Chicago. 

The more I think about it, the more I am unsure for sure who is the Parr and Boleyn 1st cover between the two of them. Both have been on for Boleyn but it was while the other was covering someone full time. Mallory went on for Boleyn while Courtney was covering Howard in Chicago and Courtney went on for it while Mallory was covering Seymour in St. Louis.

Only thing I know for sure is Nicole's the Aragon and Cleaves 1st cover

Sampatches
#260SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 3/1/20 at 11:07pm

Mallory is the first cover for Seymour and Parr, Courtney is the first for Howard and Boleyn.

Scarlet Leigh
#261SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 3/1/20 at 11:20pm

Gosh I would LOVE to see all the understudies in the costumes of the ladies they cover. After seeing the picture of Nicole tonight, gosh I love the idea the alternates having their own set of costumes rather then their singular alt costume. They have the money for it at this point with these grosses

starcatchers
#262SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 3/1/20 at 11:29pm

Scarlet Leigh said: "Gosh I would LOVE to see all the understudies in the costumes of the ladies they cover. After seeing the picture of Nicole tonight, gosh I love the idea the alternates having their own set of costumes rather then their singular alt costume. They have the money for it at this point with these grosses"

It’s my understanding that they will have their own set, but they will have their own version of each queen. 

ParkandBark
#263SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 3/2/20 at 1:21am

was there tonight so got to see Mallory and Nicole.I was there last Sunday with the full principal cast and with Abby's voice going.  I thought they both did amazing and looked great in their costumes. Add me to the list of people wishing they would wear the same outfits rather than having special alternate outfits. I've seen it in the West end a few times and it can get confusing with multiple alternates on trying to remember who is playing who and some of the alternate outfits are not great. Hannah Stewart (West End alternate) playing K Howard in full on sleeves and pants takes out some of the impact imo. Last sunday Britt lost it laughing at one point and it was so funny. This week she laughed but controlled it much faster but was still a nice moment.

Stage door was crowded but not unruly. Quite a few people rushed out during MegaSix to get to stage door which is annoying. I hate people leaving during the performance. At the stage door they all signed but no pics with the queens (you could take pics but they didn't pose given the amount of people there and wanting to get home). Took about 30 mins for them to come out but then they all came out at once. At the stage door they said that the matinee today (Sunday) was a really subdued audience with little interaction/cheering etc. until Cleves songs when they got into it a bit more. The audience tonight was rowdy but well behaved. Some of the OTT screaming from a group of ladies in the rear mezz at the start every time a new queen sang got a bit annoying but they calmed down. The most annoying was an usher who was talking SO LOUD during the whole opening number - i think to people coming in late but damn you could hear it all the way back mezz. 

Ryantheatrekid
#264SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 3/2/20 at 6:19pm

Nicole has confirmed on her Instagram that there will no longer be alternate costumes due to “Broadway requirements” and they will be getting new versions of the costumes.

Impossible2
#265SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 3/2/20 at 7:07pm

Ryantheatrekid said: "Nicole has confirmed on her Instagram that there will no longer be alternate costumes due to “Broadway requirements” and they will be getting new versions of the costumes."

Good...just as it should be.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#266SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 3/2/20 at 7:16pm

Any word if Abby will be back in the show this week?

Scarlet Leigh
#267SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 3/2/20 at 7:29pm

Ryantheatrekid said: "Nicole has confirmed on her Instagram that there will no longer be alternate costumes due to “Broadway requirements” and they will be getting new versions of the costumes."

BLESS! It's so much better this way.

MNNiceorIce Profile Photo
MNNiceorIce
#268SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 3/2/20 at 11:58pm

starcatchers said: "ACL2006 said: "How soon before they add another alternate or two? After opening?"

One more alternate being hired after opening.
"

They had a fourth alternate in St. Paul when Mack was unofficially out of the entire run...wonder if they’ll keep her in the mix.  I think she only covered Aragon and Cleves, though.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#269SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 3/4/20 at 4:45pm

Just an update: there were no alternates or understudies on last night.  Abby is back.

Ryantheatrekid
#270SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 3/4/20 at 8:12pm

Nicole is making her Parr debut tonight!

Scarlet Leigh
#271SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 3/4/20 at 11:04pm

The Parr costume she went on with was version of her original alt costume. The one that looked to much like Parr when they were both on at the same time but DAMN she looked AMAZING in it! See, if all the alt costumes looked that good, I would not have issues with them. I think it's when they put the alts in the short. I don't think I have liked ANY of the alt costumes featuring the short shorts.

Captainj10
#272SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 3/4/20 at 11:58pm

Where are the seats for rush tickets?? Is it 1st n 2nd row partial view???

CatastrophicDay Profile Photo
CatastrophicDay
#273SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 3/5/20 at 8:27am

Ryantheatrekid said: "Nicole is making her Parr debut tonight!"

Interesting - I thought Mallory was the first cover for Parr?

This was my understanding of the covers, curious if anyone has more up-to-date info
Nicole - Aragon, Cleves
Courtney - Boleyn, Howard
Mallory - Seymour, Parr

hamiltonstradition
#274SIX - Preview Thread
Posted: 3/5/20 at 8:50am

CatastrophicDay said: "Ryantheatrekid said: "Nicole is making her Parr debut tonight!"

Interesting - I thought Mallory was the first cover for Parr?

This was my understanding of the covers, curious if anyone has more up-to-date info
Nicole - Aragon, Cleves
Courtney - Boleyn, Howard
Mallory - Seymour, Parr
"

Mallory was on all last week, maybe giving her a break? I don't think the order is set in stone.