Company Previews Thread- Page 27

Company Previews Thread

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#651Company Previews Thread
Posted: 12/3/21 at 8:52pm

https://deadline.com/2021/12/patti-lupone-company-non-covid-illness-cancellations-1234884691/

Patti LuPone will miss this weekend’s performances of Broadway’s Company due to a non-Covid-related illness.

Press had been invited to both of Saturday’s performances – matinee and evening – but the production rescheduled the press nights for early next week after LuPone’s return. The actress also missed last night’s and tonight’s performances.

Opening night remains set for Thursday, December 9.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#652Company Previews Thread
Posted: 12/3/21 at 8:56pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Patti will be out both shows tomorrow, as well:

https://deadline.com/2021/12/patti-lupone-company-non-covid-illness-cancellations-1234884691/
"

Thank you Taffy and Jacobs. And thank God that Our Lord and Savior is okay.

Oh look, a bibu!

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#653Company Previews Thread
Posted: 12/3/21 at 9:34pm

Jordan Levinson said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Patti will be out both shows tomorrow, as well:

"

Thank you Taffy and Jacobs. And thank God that Our Lord and Savior is okay.
"

I'll drink to that!

orlikethecolorpurple
#654Company Previews Thread
Posted: 12/4/21 at 12:28am

Man, this trip has been cursed. Had a ticket to the original first preview when it was supposed to be in December. Couldn’t make it in November and rescheduled for tonight. Wish they would have at least announced earlier today so that I wouldn’t have run around switching tickets in hopes she’d be back tomorrow. 

Don’t think I’ll be able to make it back to the city and it was the reason for the trip. A bit gutted, but relieved she’s ok, glad Sondheim got to see it again, and will be happy to cheer on Anisha tomorrow.

Updated On: 12/4/21 at 12:28 AM

christinelavin
#655Company Previews Thread
Posted: 12/4/21 at 1:39am

I had no idea Patti LuPone wasn't going to be in the show tonight til I got there -- her standby, Anisha Nagaraian, was terrific, the crowd loved her and gave her great and well-deserved applause.  It's a thankless task to replace someone as revered as Ms. LuPone, but she rose to the occasion.

Just an FYI -- I attended SUNY Brockport January 1970 - December 1973. John Houseman's "The Acting Company" spent a week at our school, the first year of its existence.  The names I remember -- Kevin Klein, David Ogden-Stiers -- both were terrific, in five very different productions (both plays and musicals) -- but the name on everyone's lips was Patti LuPone.  

By the end of the week SHE was the name that everyone at the college -- not just the theater department -- knew was the star of the company.  I had the dumb luck of signing up to usher for all their performances.  To see them onstage in a 400 seat theater for a week at the very start of their careers was unforgettable.  From the first moment Ms. LuPone spoke onstage we all knew we were in the presence of someone to be reckoned with.  

It's wonderful to read how revered she has become over the years, and thought you'd find it interesting to know how she wowed an entire state school in upstate New York back in the day before we knew she'd become THE Patti LuPone.   

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#656Company Previews Thread
Posted: 12/4/21 at 2:59am

That story is amazing. And she was doing all straight plays at with that company. It was fascinating to read about her time with the Housman Company in her autobiography.

Again, I feel so so badly for the people who had tickets for last night and this weekend. I once had a Patti disappointment that took me years to get over.

She and Seth Rudestsky were playing two shows in Santa Monica. Afternoon and evening. I went to the afternoon, and didn't get tickets to the evening show. Turns out she sang the TWO songs at the evening show I'd always wanted to see her sing live, but now know I never will.

I was DEVASTATED! I know it seems silly, but I couldn't listen to her or watch her for months after that. I'm over it now, and I've seen her a few times since, but that really bummed me out!

binau Profile Photo
binau
#657Company Previews Thread
Posted: 12/4/21 at 5:04am

Does anyone know how refunds work? Will the box office handle this, do I need to call telecharge because I booked online? Haven’t had to do this before but want to try and go on Monday now. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

adotburr
#658Company Previews Thread
Posted: 12/4/21 at 7:05am

binau said: "Does anyone know how refunds work? Will the box office handle this, do I need to call telecharge because I booked online? Haven’t had to do this before but want to try and go on Monday now."

Just had to refund my ticket the other day. You bought directly from Telecharge, right? Email tickets@telecharge.com with your order # (I sent them the confirmation email from when I purchased my ticket) and someone from Telecharge will get back to you within a few hours approving the refund. All I wrote in my email was that I’d like to refund the ticket. Didn’t need to provide a reason. 

she/her . “everything’s legal in new jersey”

JasonC3
#659Company Previews Thread
Posted: 12/4/21 at 7:30am

I refunded some Telecharge tickets online this week.  Just pulled up the order and clicked the refund button.  I think this is an option through the end of the year if not a bit longer.

adotburr
#660Company Previews Thread
Posted: 12/4/21 at 7:37am

JasonC3 said: "I refunded some Telecharge tickets online this week. Just pulled up the order and clicked the refund button. I think this is an option through the end of the year if not a bit longer."

Well that’s odd… I didn’t see a refund button for my order which is why I had to email! My ticket was for May which might have been why. 

she/her . “everything’s legal in new jersey”

TaffyDavenport
#661Company Previews Thread
Posted: 12/4/21 at 7:44am

Self-service refunds are available on the Telecharge website for performances through 2/28/22.

Updated On: 12/4/21 at 07:44 AM

binau Profile Photo
binau
#662Company Previews Thread
Posted: 12/4/21 at 7:55am

Also doesn’t it have to be with some notice not day of for COVID policies? I might just check that LuPone is indeed out first though. I know it’s likely and I assume the article was based on the premise they had press tickets, which are changed. However, just want to hear first hand. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 12/4/21 at 07:55 AM

TaffyDavenport
#663Company Previews Thread
Posted: 12/4/21 at 8:06am

Yes, it’s generally up to 48 hours before, but I’ve seen the refund button stay active longer than that for some shows. If you don’t see it on your Telecharge order page, you’ll have to call them or go to the box office.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#664Company Previews Thread
Posted: 12/4/21 at 10:11am

Will LuPone be back by Monday? Does anyone know which days will be the rescheduled press previews or is it all still up in the air?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#665Company Previews Thread
Posted: 12/4/21 at 10:21am

Press will be there Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

binau Profile Photo
binau
#666Company Previews Thread
Posted: 12/4/21 at 12:23pm

The link still works for me?

trinbgvsu2
#667Company Previews Thread
Posted: 12/4/21 at 12:31pm

I found it here. If you go to deadline.com and click the link at the top of the page it takes you directly to the theatre section and the story does not appear. 

I saw the comment...how awful. 

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#668Company Previews Thread
Posted: 12/4/21 at 12:36pm

I feel uneasy about things.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#669Company Previews Thread
Posted: 12/4/21 at 12:42pm

She seemed OK (beyond being grief stricken) in her CBS Sunday Morning Sonheim tribute last weekend.

Damiensta
#670Company Previews Thread
Posted: 12/4/21 at 1:04pm

Telecharge has her out for matinee today but don’t if evening. 

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#671Company Previews Thread
Posted: 12/4/21 at 1:54pm

She's out all weekend, and they're apparently advising buyers at the TKTS booth.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

MattieIce2018
#672Company Previews Thread
Posted: 12/4/21 at 2:41pm

According to a user over on Reddit, there was another show stop at the matinee today (happening now) after the opening, and it sounded like they were working on the set before the show. Anyone there right now?

SophiaPetrillo
#673Company Previews Thread
Posted: 12/4/21 at 3:56pm

I didn’t see the comment and I’m not sure I want to know. Whatever is going on with Patti, even if it’s minor, my heart goes out to her.

bfreak