Tickets Refunds

jpiedrafite
#150Tickets Refunds
Posted: 4/9/20 at 1:40pm

Just got this from 2nd Stage re: Take Me Out:

We hope that you are safe and healthy. Please know that our first priority is our audience, artists and staff and we thank you for being a part of our Second Stage family. Although our cast and creative team can’t be physically together right now, we are virtually rehearsing every day, and have some updates to share with you.

The Broadway League has announced a further period of suspension through June 7, and as such, we have decided to postpone all originally scheduled performances of Take Me Out, including the last week of performances through June 14. Please know that we remain committed to producing the play as soon as it is safe to come back. We hope to be back into rehearsals in person this summer - the cast is ready to go, the set is in, and we are on deck to get on stage the moment we get the okay! We anticipate that period will be late Summer or early Fall 2020.

We will hold the value of your tickets on account and you do not need to do anything. “On Account” means that the value of your ticket is waiting for you to reuse it at a later time. We will be in touch with you in the next few weeks to rebook you into a new performance date. If the new performance dates don’t work for you, you may use the value of your ticket toward the purchase of any future Second Stage production, including a subscription package.

Second Stage is a not-for-profit institution and currently not able to produce, yet we are working diligently behind the scenes so that when we come back, we are stronger than ever. We ask that you consider releasing the value or partial value of your ticket for a tax-deductible donation by calling the box office at 212-541-4516 or  click this link to avoid hold times. If this isn’t feasible, you may also request a refund.

Box Office Phone Hours
Monday - Friday: 10am - 6pm
Saturday: 10am - 4pm
(Hours subject to change)

Follow us socially @2STNYC for the latest news, updates from the Take Me Out cast, and more!

Until we are together again, stay safe and well. Take care of yourself and of each other. We can’t wait to meet again at the Hayes.

Thank you,
Second Stage Theater

----

Interesting that they're moving to the fall, I thought for sure they'd move it to next spring. I guess since JTF is done with Modern Family, but doesn't Jesse Williams shoot Grey's Anatomy in the fall?

Updated On: 4/9/20 at 01:40 PM

kerrydixon
#151Tickets Refunds
Posted: 4/9/20 at 2:01pm

Patty3 said: "We have tickets for Beetlejuice for June 5 that were purchased at the box office. Since the show is officially closed as of the announcementyesterday and there is no option to get a refund at the box officewill Telecharge process the refund if we email them with our order number on the ticket?"

You don't need to e-mail them! Just go login to your Telecharge account and click on your orders. There'll be an option to request a refund.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#152Tickets Refunds
Posted: 4/9/20 at 3:08pm

kerrydixon said: "Patty3 said: "We have tickets for Beetlejuice for June 5 that were purchased at the box office. Since the show is officially closed as of the announcementyesterday and there is no option to get a refund at the box officewill Telecharge process the refund if we email them with our order number on the ticket?"

You don't need to e-mail them! Just go login to your Telecharge account and click on your orders. There'll be an option to request a refund.
"

Tickets purchased in-person at the box office don't appear in your account on the Telecharge website. That's why they were asking.

gibsons2
#153Tickets Refunds
Posted: 4/9/20 at 5:51pm

Here is the email from Telecharge I received a few minutes ago:

Thank you for your email. We’re receiving a lot of emails from customers about their tickets. Here’s the latest information:

Broadway and Off-Broadway shows are suspended through Sunday, June 7, 2020.

Some shows are automatically refunding tickets. Others are offering the opportunity to refund or exchange tickets for a later performance. If you purchased tickets from Telecharge for a suspended or canceled performance, you will receive an email with instructions to refund or exchange your tickets.

There is no need to contact us about tickets for a suspended performance.

If you bought tickets at an affiliated box office with a credit card, your tickets will be refunded back to your card. If you bought tickets at a box office with cash, please visit the box office for a refund when they reopen for business.

If you did not purchase your tickets through Telecharge, please contact your original point of purchase for refund information.

If you have tickets for a later performance and need assistance, please be patient. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

Rhoda4 Profile Photo
Rhoda4
#154Tickets Refunds
Posted: 4/9/20 at 6:01pm

I have tickets for 5/2 performance of Mrs. Doubtfire which i purchased at the box office.   I received an email yesterday which directs me to telecharge to indicate if i want to exchange or refund on the order status page.  but... you enter your email and your "order #' and it does not work - gives the message that "We're sorry, we are having a problem with this feature on our site.  try later."  Wish they just refunded the money automatically like they did with tickets I had for 4/4.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#155Tickets Refunds
Posted: 4/9/20 at 6:05pm

Refund and exchange info for your WEST SIDE STORY tickets

Just received from Telecharge RE: tickets purchased for May 29 8:00 WEST SIDE STORY

Dear
We have more information about your upcoming show:

WEST SIDE STORY
5/29/2020 8:00:00 PM

Broadway and Off-Broadway shows have suspended performances through Sunday, June 7, 2020. This performance has been suspended.

Your tickets are eligible for exchange or refund. If you exchange in the next 2 weeks, you’ll get 10% off tickets for performances starting September 8, 2020. (Discount off full price tickets only. If you originally bought with a discount, your offer will be honored.)

***This somewhat tells me that BWAY will not reopen till after Labor Day ***

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

gibsons2
#156Tickets Refunds
Posted: 4/9/20 at 6:28pm

Rhoda4 said: "I have tickets for 5/2 performance of Mrs. Doubtfire which i purchased at the box office. I received an email yesterday which directs me to telecharge to indicate if i want to exchange or refund on the order status page. but... you enter your email and your "order #' and it does not work - gives the message that "We're sorry, we are having a problem with this feature on our site. try later." Wish they just refunded the money automatically like they did with tickets I had for 4/4."

I'm pretty sure you will be refunded back to your c/c you used to buy the tickets at the box office, as per the Telecharge email. Also because the tickets purchased at box offices aren't listed on Telecharge accounts. I'm waiting for my box office WSS tickets (purchased with c/c) to be refunded so I'll confirm here when it's done.

MCW1227 Profile Photo
MCW1227
#157Tickets Refunds
Posted: 4/9/20 at 8:37pm

I received an Telecharge email today re: 4/15 To Kill a Mockingbird offering a refund or another show at a discount. I chose the refund.   It did not indicate when my credit card will be credited but that’s progress compared to the Hudson Theatre.  

Be Kind

Ahmy
#158Tickets Refunds
Posted: 4/9/20 at 9:21pm

Has anyone got an email from Roundabout regarding refunds/exchanges yet? All I've seen from them so far is an email with the option to donate the ticket/make a donation to them that was sent March 25th.

BwayinVan
#159Tickets Refunds
Posted: 4/9/20 at 9:26pm

Ahmy said: "Has anyone got an email from Roundabout regarding refunds/exchanges yet? All I've seen from them so far is an email with the option to donate the ticket/make a donation to them that was sent March 25th."

I called them directly last week and did it over the phone. Was told it could take up to three weeks for the refund to go through

Ahmy
#160Tickets Refunds
Posted: 4/9/20 at 9:55pm

BwayinVan said: "Ahmy said: "Has anyone got an email from Roundabout regarding refunds/exchanges yet? All I've seen from them so far is an email with the option to donate the ticket/make a donation to them that was sent March 25th."

I called them directly last week and did it over the phone. Was told it could take up to three weeks for the refund to go through
"

Ah, looks like I'll wait until after three weeks to email them. I'd call, but I'm 99% sure they don't have a toll free number, and my phone plan doesn't include international calling.

10086sunset
#161Tickets Refunds
Posted: 4/9/20 at 11:27pm

I received the same email today for Company. 

The first day they are selling/exchanging tickets for is September 8th

Robbie2 said: "Refund and exchange info for your WEST SIDE STORY tickets

Just received from Telecharge RE: tickets purchased for May 29 8:00 WEST SIDE STORY

Dear
We have more information about your upcoming show:

WEST SIDE STORY
5/29/2020 8:00:00 PM

Broadway and Off-Broadway shows have suspended performances through Sunday, June 7, 2020. This performance has been suspended.

Your tickets are eligible for exchange or refund.If you exchange in the next 2 weeks, you’ll get 10% off tickets for performances starting September 8, 2020. (Discount off full price tickets only. If you originally bought with a discount, your offer will be honored.)

***This somewhat tells me that BWAY will not reopen till after Labor Day ***

"

Yankees02
#162Tickets Refunds
Posted: 4/9/20 at 11:51pm

anyone get anything for Diana??? My mother bought tickets for her and a friend but nothing yet unless it went to spam

Anastasia_Beaverhausen Profile Photo
Anastasia_Beaverhausen
#163Tickets Refunds
Posted: 4/10/20 at 8:23am

I’ve heard nothing from Diana or Jagged Little Pill. When I go to Telecharge, neither of those shows have the buttons for a refund or exchange like other shows do....????

gibsons2
#164Tickets Refunds
Posted: 4/10/20 at 10:16am

My ticket for Diana was the first one to be refunded. The refund was posted on March 13, right after the initial Broadway closure. The performance was for March 25.

10086sunset
#165Tickets Refunds
Posted: 4/10/20 at 10:26am

Has anyone successfully been able to exchange a ticket?

Telecharge just continues to reload the address page every time I try.

LexiGirl Profile Photo
LexiGirl
#166Tickets Refunds
Posted: 4/10/20 at 11:16am

I requested refunds for all of my Telecharge tickets on 4/8. Just received an alert that my American Express was credited for the Company tickets. I bought the rest of my Telecharge tickets through a different credit card, so I assume those cards are taking longer to process the refunds and I’ll see them any day now.

Anastasia_Beaverhausen Profile Photo
Anastasia_Beaverhausen
#167Tickets Refunds
Posted: 4/10/20 at 11:17am

gibsons2 said: "My ticket for Diana was the first one to be refunded. The refund was posted on March 13, right after the initial Broadway closure. The performance was for March 25."

I'm talking about for performances after the initial closure. My performances are for after April 12.

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#168Tickets Refunds
Posted: 4/10/20 at 11:18am

I went to my Telecharge account page and was able to select REFUND for all the ones I bought online. But I got an email for the one show I bought at the box office, and for two days now the link just goes to this message: 

"We’re sorry, we're having a problem with this feature of the site right now. Please try again."

(same thing when I select order status and enter the order number/email addy)

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#169Tickets Refunds
Posted: 4/10/20 at 12:35pm

Okay, I kind of figured there would be a gimmick.  Regarding Company show, virtually nothing is selling in the orchestra between June 7 and Sept 7.  

Before I chose "exchange," I scanned all orchestra aisle seats for any date in Sept or Oct.  They raised the price $120.

I had E2 for $179 in May.  The same seat now sells for $299 as a premium on any given date or time.  If they give me a 10% refund, I'm paying 270 for the seat, or $90 more than I paid for that seat for May.

To hell with it. I'll take the refund and wait.  If sales go as poorly for Sept-Nov as they are from June-Aug, I would think they will have to reduce the prices.

I agree. I doubt we'll see shows return in June if only out of patron fear of close contact.

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#170Tickets Refunds
Posted: 4/10/20 at 12:40pm

jpbran said: "I went to my Telecharge account page and was able to select REFUND for all the ones I bought online. But I got an email for the one show I bought at the box office, and for two days nowthe link just goes to this message:
"We’re sorry, we're having a problem with this feature of the site right now. Please try again."
(same thing when I select order status and enter the order number/email addy)
"

On telecharge, I just selected refund for both Company tickets. It came back with a "confirmed."  It may have been overloaded at the time. Try again. Possibly wait till tonight when fewer people use the system.

BdwayLife
#171Tickets Refunds
Posted: 4/10/20 at 2:23pm

Hi all, I had tickets for Moulin Rouge, for April 30/20, and received the following message from Ticketmaster today:

“...upgrade your seat locations and get at least 25% cash back if you exchange your tickets now into a future performance between July 7 and September 27, 2020

No thanks.  I opted for the refund.  Unfortunately, I don’t suspect Broadway will be opening this summer, and things aren’t looking great for the fall either. 

BdwayLife
#172Tickets Refunds
Posted: 4/10/20 at 2:35pm

IAMREADING said: "BwayinVan said: "Just received an email from Moulin Rouge. 3 options given were to donate it, full refund, or an exchange for a better ticket and 25% cash back for a performance July-sept. Don’t live on the east coast so I ended up taking the refund. We will see when I get it. Still waiting for refunds from the public and roundabout."

Wow at the 25% cash back plus ticket upgrade? So for example, you could upgrade a Mezz ticket to Orchestra and still receive cash back? I may take a little gamble and buy show tickets for June 9th hoping this will happen again.

I received the same message. Although I opted for the refund, I was curious and clicked their offer—you have to provide preferred dates, and the survey asks “Would you prefer to not upgrade your seat locations, but still get at least 25% cash back.”   

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#173Tickets Refunds
Posted: 4/10/20 at 3:19pm

Jayelle: Did you buy Company on Telecharge's site? All the other shows I bought online were easy to select "refund." Company is the only one I bought at the physical box office last trip there, and the link hasn't worked at all; been trying since yesterday morning. Hmmm

Updated On: 4/10/20 at 03:19 PM

lila12
#174Tickets Refunds
Posted: 4/10/20 at 5:33pm

Question re Plaza Suite refunds: I bought my tickets at the box office and see that the website says a member of the team will contact me 30 days after my performance date. I don't understand how they would have my contact info? My name is on the tickets, but I don't recall giving them my email or phone number. Do I need to proactively contact them (and if so, how?) or will they magically find me?