pixeltracker

Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House”- Page 6

Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House”

lachri5
#125Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/15/20 at 11:04pm

For some reason, the second Marc Shaiman show wasn't listed in their YouTube channel, but here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDG8ylz5cUI

I had never heard of Jenifer Lewis, but she had me rolling with laughter, this is a must watch! She shows up about 46 minutes in.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#126Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/15/20 at 11:38pm

Lewis is an ICON and is the mother of Black Hollywood.

SoCalDirector
#127Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/16/20 at 3:02am

Watch Jackie’s Back. Miss Lewis in the lead. Also look at IMDb she has a ton of movie credits that you may have seen but didn’t know it was her.

Miles Robert Mills

Wayman_Wong
#128Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/17/20 at 6:37pm

I just went to catch up with a couple of ''Stars in the House'' from the week before or so. Did the original postings fall off the board on April 15 and have to be reposted? It's weird because many of the ''Stars in the House'' now only register fewer than 100 views, and obviously they used to have many more views than that.

Updated On: 4/17/20 at 06:37 PM

Hairspray0901
#129Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/17/20 at 7:45pm

Tonight the cast of Zoey’s Extraordinary playlist will be on! Can’t wait to watch.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#130Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/17/20 at 8:06pm

I just went to catch up with a couple of ''Stars in the House'' from the week before or so. Did the original postings fall off the board on April 15 and have to be reposted? It's weird because many of the ''Stars in the House'' now only register fewer than 100 views, and obviously they used to have many more views than that.

The episodes are generally available on 3 different channels -
1) Seth's
2) Actors Fund
3) Stars in the House

The Stars in the House channel is the newest and the "older" episodes were uploaded there more recently.

KJ4 Profile Photo
KJ4
#131Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/18/20 at 2:28am

Wayman_Wong said: "I just went to catch up with a couple of ''Stars in the House'' from the week before or so. Did the original postings fall off the board on April 15 and have to be reposted? It's weird because many of the ''Stars in the House'' now only register fewer than 100 views, and obviously they used to have many more views than that."

idk why but they repost some old episode despite the original episode still online so now i see 2 similar episode wz one of them have very few views since it s just repost. Maybe that s what happen with u notice.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#132Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/19/20 at 4:30pm

That Les Miz reunion was one of the best episodes so far. I loved hearing Trevor Nunn and John Caird talk about the show as well as the actors. The performance from Judy Kuhn, Michael Maguire and Frances Ruffelle was also one of the best performances so far.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#133Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/19/20 at 7:05pm

Chita's on tonight. So excited!!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

MBFan
#134Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/19/20 at 8:28pm

CATSNYrevival said: "That Les Miz reunion was one of the best episodesso far. I loved hearing Trevor Nunn and John Caird talk about the show as well as the actors. The performance fromJudy Kuhn, Michael Maguireand Frances Ruffelle was also one of the best performances so far."

It was so good!  Where was the guy who played the original Marius on Broadway?

Wayman_Wong
#135Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/19/20 at 11:03pm

''Where was the guy who played the original Marius on B'way?''

I wondered the same thing. According to his Playbill bio, David Bryant appeared only once more on Broadway after ''Les Miserables.'' He played Pete in the 1994 revival of ''Show Boat.'' He seems to have turned to producing in more recent years: ''A Tale of Two Cities'' (2008 ), ''A Time to Kill'' (2013 ) and ''Gettin' the Band Back Together'' (2018 ). ... Glad to see Michael Maguire on the podcast & hear him sing again, He played Enjolras and won a Tony. But he hasn't been on Broadway since. I would've thought that his Tony win might've led to other roles on the Great White Way.

Updated On: 4/19/20 at 11:03 PM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#136Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/19/20 at 11:13pm

I LOVED today's Stars in the House. I knew some of those stories, but many I'd only read and not heard from the actual people. And "Confrontation" was amazing. I was laughing so hard I cried.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#137Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/21/20 at 10:34am

I LOVED the Chita Rivera show on Sunday evening. She said she'll be back in a few weeks to do another show and talk about CHICAGO.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#138Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/21/20 at 11:09am

Updated On: 4/21/20 at 11:09 AM

Babe_Williams Profile Photo
Babe_Williams
#139Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/21/20 at 1:51pm

CATSNYrevival said: "That Les Miz reunion was one of the best episodesso far. I loved hearing Trevor Nunn and John Caird talk about the show as well as the actors. The performance fromJudy Kuhn, Michael Maguireand Frances Ruffelle was also one of the best performances so far."

Terry Mann with the chair on his head during the confrontation was hilarious.

I also find it pretty remarkable that Michael Maguire had no Broadway credits, get cast in Les Miz, wins a Tony and then is never in another Broadway show again. lol

Wayman_Wong
#140Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/21/20 at 4:30pm

For the record, Maguire did have one Broadway credit before he did ''Les Miserables.'' In 1986, he was a standby performer for ''Jerome Kern Goes to Hollywood.'' But as I also posted earlier, it's surprising that he hasn't been on Broadway since ''Les Miz.''

jvoom Profile Photo
jvoom
#141Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/23/20 at 5:31pm

Waaay behind - just finished the episode with Judy Gold... god, I love her. Funnily enough, I was listening to another podcast with today and she mentioned how she was set to make her Broadway debut in the fall but due to coronavirus it's looking unlikely. Does anyone know what show this was?? I can't seem to find anything on google. She's an absolute treasure and I'd love to see her on Broadway

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#142Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/24/20 at 9:16pm

Just a note: they don't have a show Saturday, Sunday, & Monday night this week. Saturday night is the Artists in Conversation with Chita Rivera, Sunday is Sondheim's birthday & Monday is Jason Robert Brown's concert. I'm sure Seth & James will enjoy the three nights off.

BCfitasafiddle
#143Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/25/20 at 9:58am

ACL2006 said: "Just a note: they don't have a show Saturday, Sunday, & Mondaynight this week. Saturday night is the Artists in Conversation with Chita Rivera,Sunday is Sondheim's birthday & Monday is Jason Robert Brown's concert. I'm sure Seth & James will enjoy the three nights off."

Well earned break. 

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#144Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/25/20 at 11:06am

They mentioned the other day that it is getting to be too much and they are looking for guest hosts to take over on some days.

Jordan Catalano
#145Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/25/20 at 11:23am

I’m glad to hear that. I don’t think they could have imagined when they started this that their “twice a day, everyday” would be the commitment that it’s become.

Jordan Catalano
#146Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/25/20 at 11:55am

I again nominate Benanti.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#147Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/25/20 at 12:18pm

The specifically asked Rachel Tucker.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#148Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/25/20 at 6:37pm

I still think he cuts down the amount of shows soon. Probably eliminates the Monday & Friday matinees first and maybe has someone else host a few other shows. If Broadway is shutdown until September at least, I do have to imagine he'll start to run out of guests.

kofler22
#149Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/25/20 at 7:52pm

I wonder why Patti Lupone was never featured in any of the shows.