Tag
#150Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/25/20 at 7:56pm

^She was on the Randy Rainbow episode.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#151Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/25/20 at 11:26pm

Oh, this is exciting - they’re doing “Blithe Spirit” with Leslie Uggams on May 9th!!

kofler22
#152Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/25/20 at 11:39pm

Gee!!! I missed that!!!

KJ4 Profile Photo
KJ4
#153Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/28/20 at 12:21pm

ACL2006 said: "I still thinkhe cuts down the amount of shows soon. Probably eliminates the Monday & Friday matinees first and maybe has someone else host a few other shows. If Broadway is shutdown until September at least, I do have to imagine he'll start to run out of guests."

BW world have no lack of talented people :) on other notes, I would not mind in the slightest if they keep bring back my fav repeatedly like Shoshana, Kristein Chenoweth and Jeremy Jordan in the case they really run out of ppl. They can sing the phone book and I d still galdly listen lol. 

Updated On: 4/28/20 at 12:21 PM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#154Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/28/20 at 12:50pm

I am loving these shows but I do think that maybe they should cut the amount back. I am sure it is a lot to put together twice a day. I don't think they will run out of guests any time soon. My reason is because there are now a ton of online live streaming events. From facebook to Instagram, I can't keep up. (I don't do instagram though). Also all of the different theaters and performing arts centers releasing performances to watch. Throw in the music live streams (D-Nice is huge. They are bringing back an old MTV show just for him) on various sites. 

I have missed "Stars in the House" a number of times because of other events I have watched. Maybe just do evening shows. It is also getting warmer. I would suspect people are going to start taking walks or just sitting outside. Maybe cut the afternoon shows and even not have a show one day a week just to give them a rest.

But these are great shows and a wonderful diversion from what we are all dealing with. JMO

Just give the world Love.

chrishuyen
#155Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/28/20 at 1:21pm

I think Seth said fairly recently (I want to say last week or so) that they were committed to doing 2 shows a day until Broadway reopens.  As said before, it looks like he might be looking into guest hosts and the plays add a bit of a diverse offering too, so I'm curious to see if he changes up the format more.  The reunions must be harder to coordinate but I'm sure he draws more viewers that way, which is probably why he keeps doing them, though I prefer the earlier model of having one primary guest.

Also not sure if I just imagined it, but it seems like they've either found some other features in the platform they use, or the platform itself has been updating its features because the last few shows seemed to be better in terms of sound across multiple speakers as well as ease of use in full screening one person from a group.  Hopefully they'll continue to update so we can finally have more than 6 people on at a time, especially if these large reunions continue happening.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#156Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 4/28/20 at 3:54pm

Today's broadcast with the leads of the Carousel revival was wonderful.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#157Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/1/20 at 10:20am

I'll admit I've been watching less & less of these episodes. Just like any talk show, if whatever guests are on don't interest me, I don't typically tune in.

Their first guest host is today at 2pm with Sierra Boggess. Andrea Burns will guest host the show on Tuesday, May 5 at 2pm. There will be no matinee tomorrow. Chita Rivera will be doing the Saturday evening shows instead Chenowith for the month of may.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Theatrefanboy1
#158Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/1/20 at 10:40am

ACL2006 said: "I'll admit I've been watching less & less of these episodes. Just like any talk show, if whatever guests are on don't interest me, I don't typically tune in.

Their first guest host is today at 2pm with Sierra Boggess. Andrea Burns will guest host the show on Tuesday, May 5 at 2pm. There will be no matinee tomorrow. Chita Rivera will be doing the Saturday evening shows instead Chenowith for the month of may.
"

I was so disappointed to see Chenoweth go.  I really hope this is temporary. But I loved SNiB. Not that I’m not excited to see and hear from Chita. Just wish that dint seem like the end for chenoweth. 

Also would love if they had kyle dean Massey and Taylor Frey or Matt Doyle. Some more with Webber and Groff and boggess and karimloo. I’d love to hear from Cheyenne Jackson and Aaron tveit.  As well as (and I know these maybe difficult) but Lansbury. Sondheim. Julie Andrews. 

I hope for the Chita ones we get some good stories. Those are always my favorite. 

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#159Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/1/20 at 11:06am

Have they said what happened to Chenoweth?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#160Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/1/20 at 11:30am

Tag said: "Have they said what happened to Chenoweth?"

No. Maybe she just didn't want to do it anymore?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Theatrefanboy1
#161Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/1/20 at 12:08pm

ACL2006 said: "Tag said: "Have they said what happened to Chenoweth?"

No. Maybe she just didn't want to do it anymore?
"

Well on her last appearance it was Joel Grays 80th and there was a real awkward ending where Joel peace’s out In the middle of her song to him. I do wonder if that had something to do with. Or that she had been on hold for the majority of the hour and felt it was a bit of a waste.  I don’t know. I do know that I do love her SNiB and that was one show I would watch every Saturday 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#162Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/1/20 at 2:16pm

Her last appearance with Joel Gray was odd. Though there were several guests present, Cheno was hardly involved outside of the final song. Doubt Seth & James explain why she stopped SNiB, but for now we get Chita for the month of May.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#163Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/1/20 at 2:56pm

I’m bummed there’s no play on Saturday. I count down the hours to those.

MBFan
#164Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/1/20 at 10:40pm

I love how the Broadway stars are so into their performances on here that you get the impression they love their craft so much, they would almost perform in shows just for food and rent. I love all the passion.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#165Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/3/20 at 3:01am

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 5/3/20 at 03:01 AM

binau Profile Photo
binau
#166Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/3/20 at 3:22am

The episode about "The Visit" is so nice.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

BCfitasafiddle
#167Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/3/20 at 9:52am

Interesting how Kristin Chenoweth was usually the Saturday night special weekly. Now it is Chita. She did it last night, the week prior, and is scheduled for the next 2 Saturdays. Guess Kristin got tired of it.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#168Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/3/20 at 10:06am

^They mentioned it last night at the beginning of the Chita episode.  Basically saying that they wanted to give Chita more airtime every week because she was such a legend, and that Kristin was on board with that.  But there is definitely something else going on because they could have just given Chita another night of the week.  Maybe Kristin got bored of it?  Or as someone mentioned above, she was barely used during the Joel Grey episode.

AngelEyez
#169Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/3/20 at 11:06am

I was curious about the change as well because last week Kristin was on Instagram live with Katie Couric and they talked about SNIB. Katie chose a song that Kristin promised she would sing that Saturday and then Chita ended up being on instead.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#170Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/3/20 at 10:48pm

LOVED The Full Monty reunion!!

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#171Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/4/20 at 12:09pm

The Full Monty... with Tony Yazbeck. I’ll take it.

BCfitasafiddle
#172Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/4/20 at 2:58pm

City of Angels reunion right now is making me emotional! I'd die to see that show again in a fabulous production. Gosh, that original cast is amazing. I miss seeing Ms. Graff onstage.

kofler22
#173Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/4/20 at 3:33pm

Do Seth and Patti have an issue or something? I find it strange that she didn’t appear in any episode and tonight they’re doing a Hollywoods cast reunion and the only one who’s not featured is her.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#174Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts
Posted: 5/4/20 at 3:52pm

^I've said this 100 times in this thread, she appeared in the Randy Rainbow episode of Stars in the House.

Videos