pixeltracker

Universal's WICKED Films - News & Discussion Thread- Page 27

Universal's WICKED Films - News & Discussion Thread

briankershawjr
#650Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/12/22 at 8:07am

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11104383/Maren-Morris-cries-tears-happiness-receiving-callback-Nessarose-Wicked-movie.html?ito=email_share_article-top

the article said the movie 

briankershawjr
#651Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/12/22 at 8:09am

They also could change their minds on casting descriptions 

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#652Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/12/22 at 8:19am

briankershawjr said: "https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11104383/Maren-Morris-cries-tears-happiness-receiving-callback-Nessarose-Wicked-movie.html?ito=email_share_article-top

"

The article assumes it's the movie despite nothing to suggest it being so. 

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"

Globefan
#653Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/13/22 at 3:59pm

Jon Chu attended a performance of Wicked in London today. Maybe he's getting ready for rehearsals. Maybe they start Monday. 

Ke3
#654Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/13/22 at 4:12pm

Plannietink08 said: "briankershawjr said: "https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11104383/Maren-Morris-cries-tears-happiness-receiving-callback-Nessarose-Wicked-movie.html?ito=email_share_article-top

"

"

After Idina and Kristin, Wicked has never cast anybody with even a hint of celebrity surrounding them. It's safe to assume they aren't breaking that tradition So it'd have to be the movie. Unless Wicked is looking to get into the stunt casting game 18 years later.

Globefan
#655Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/13/22 at 4:26pm

I don't trust the Daily Mail. 

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#656Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/13/22 at 8:43pm

Ke3 said: "After Idina and Kristin, Wicked has never cast anybody with even a hint of celebrity surrounding them. It's safe to assume they aren't breaking that tradition So it'd have to be the movie. Unless Wicked is looking to get into the stunt casting game 18 years later."

Joey McEntire, Rue McClanahan, Carol Kane, Sheryl Lee Ralph, Lindsay Pierce...

They're not casting an able bodied person to play Nessa in the movie, they are just not. Certainly not after they put out a casting call specifically stating they wanted someone who uses a Wheelchair. They're not welcoming bad press.

Prior to this announcement was anybody familiar with who this person was? I'd wager no. Someone having a Grammy or a Million followers on Instagram is far from the indicator of  notable celebrity these days... 

Updated On: 8/13/22 at 08:43 PM

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#657Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/13/22 at 9:20pm

Add to that...Joel Grey, Taye Diggs, Ben Vereen, Ana Gasteyer, Miriam Margolyes, Ashley Parker Angel, Peter Scolari

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#658Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/13/22 at 9:20pm

Ke3 said: "Plannietink08 said: "briankershawjr said: "https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11104383/Maren-Morris-cries-tears-happiness-receiving-callback-Nessarose-Wicked-movie.html?ito=email_share_article-top

"

"

After Idina and Kristin, Wicked has never cast anybody with even a hint of celebrity surrounding them. It's safe to assume they aren't breaking that tradition So it'd have to be the movie. Unless Wicked is looking to get into the stunt casting game 18 years later.
"

Jennifer Nettles, a very famous celebrity, was cast as Elphaba to lead the tour and eventually play Broadway before illness forced her to withdraw. 

Ana Gasteyer was a cast member of Saturday Night Live and was well known for her role in Mean Girls. 

Nicole Parker was a well known cast member of MadTV

Those are three examples off the top of my head. 

Many Fiyeros have been ex-boyband members, pop stars, Disney stars, soap stars. 

Many Morribles have been TV, film and theatre legends. 

Many Wizards have been TV, film and theatre legends. 

It’s safe to assume you’re incorrect. And as someone said already, they’ve announced they’re not casting the role with an able bodied person. The backlash if they cast an able bodied person after making that statement would be INSANE. 

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"

jimmycurry01
#659Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/13/22 at 10:09pm

Ke3 said: "Plannietink08 said: "briankershawjr said: "https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11104383/Maren-Morris-cries-tears-happiness-receiving-callback-Nessarose-Wicked-movie.html?ito=email_share_article-top

"

"

"

Wicked has definitely seen its fair share of B,C, and D list celebrities join its cast over the years. LOL

Globefan
#660Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/18/22 at 8:13pm

We should probably be getting additional casting news very soon. 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#661Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/18/22 at 8:26pm

Globefan said: "We should probably be getting additional casting news very soon."

Due to industry logistics, most cast announcements are made after they wrapped filming their roles and it’s clear their work is being used.  This avoids premature announcements in the event an actor has to withdraw or is left go and replaced within days of filming.  This happens regularly but no one outside of the production is privy to this information.  

Globefan
#662Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/18/22 at 8:29pm

I have no idea if rehearsals have even kicked off. 

SouthernCakes
#663Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/18/22 at 8:45pm

TheatreFan4 said: "Ke3 said: "After Idina and Kristin, Wicked has never cast anybody with even a hint of celebrity surrounding them. It's safe to assume they aren't breaking that tradition So it'd have to be the movie. Unless Wicked is looking to get into the stunt casting game 18 years later."

Joey McEntire, Rue McClanahan, Carol Kane, Sheryl Lee Ralph, Lindsay Pierce...

They're not casting an able bodied person to play Nessa in the movie, they are just not. Certainly not after they put out a casting call specifically stating they wanted someone who uses a Wheelchair. They're not welcoming bad press.

Prior to this announcement was anybody familiar with who this person was? I'd wager no. Someone having a Grammy or a Million followers on Instagram is far from the indicator of notable celebrity these days...
"

Uh…. Maren Morris is very well known…

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#664Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/18/22 at 9:11pm

I follow pop culture and I’ve never heard the name Maren Morris before. Have zero idea who they are and have zero interest to Google them.  

shocktheatre
#665Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/18/22 at 9:37pm

The movie(s) WICKED will make Cats look like the Friday the 13th franchise.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#666Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/19/22 at 9:38am

They are beginning to record parts of the pre-production soundtrack for the film  in NYC next week. A lot of Broadway performers are part of the chorus. I believe tracks for the principal performers is being done separately.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

Globefan
#667Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/19/22 at 11:12am

QueenAlice said: "They are beginning to record parts of the pre-production soundtrack for the film in NYC next week. A lot of Broadway performers are part of the chorus. I believe tracks for the principal performers is being done separately."

Where did you hear that? I’m so happy they’re finally getting started. 

Updated On: 8/19/22 at 11:12 AM

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#668Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/21/22 at 6:30pm

Rumor that Ethan Slater has been cast as Boq.

Globefan
#669Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/21/22 at 6:37pm

Ethan as Boq would be perfect 

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#670Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/21/22 at 10:20pm

It’ll be interesting to see if these casting rumors that have been circulating are true. All of the people most heavily rumored for the supporting cast are primarily known to theatre audiences. Maybe they figure Ariana is a big enough star that they don’t have to stack the cast with other household names.

Updated On: 8/21/22 at 10:20 PM

SouthernCakes
#671Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/22/22 at 2:18am

BrodyFosse123 said: "I follow pop culture and I’ve never heard the name Maren Morris before. Have zero idea who they are and have zero interest to Google them. "

Clearly no well enough. Nominated for numerous awards, performed on SNL. And just released a song with Zedd 

JSquared2
#672Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/22/22 at 10:55am

BrodyFosse123 said: "I follow pop culture and I’ve never heard the name Maren Morris before. Have zero idea who they are and have zero interest to Google them."

Tell us you are ignorant without saying you are ignorant?

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#673Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/22/22 at 11:06am

Yeah, not knowing a Grammy Award-nominated artist with hit pop/country-crossover singles isn't something to be proud of. I probably wouldn't know her by sight, but I certainly know her name, and "The Middle" was huge.

Hamilfan2
#674Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/22/22 at 11:16am

NOWaWarning said: "It’ll be interesting to see if these casting rumors that have been circulating are true. All of the people most heavily rumored for the supporting cast are primarily known to theatre audiences. Maybe they figure Ariana is a big enough star that they don’t have to stack the cast with other household names."

I’m actually thinking they might be true, since there haven’t really been multiple names floating around for each role.  The only one I am skeptical on is Andre de Shields just because of his current commitment with Death of Salesman, but the other 2 seems plausible.