pixeltracker

Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11

Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11
Posted: 5/6/21 at 10:22am

NEXT TUESDAY ONLY ON GMA: The Broadway announcement we've all been waiting for with some of the biggest shows joining us, LIVE in Times Square!

Tune in starting at 7am! gma.abc/3xTqA2Q

I assume this may be Aladdin and The Lion King because of the Disney connection, but there could be more seeing as how sources have reported Wicked and Moulin Rouge, among others, are planning to announce re-openings that day.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11
Posted: 5/6/21 at 12:07pm

Are you going to share what was said?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#3Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11
Posted: 5/6/21 at 12:09pm

How could he do that when it's next week? lolz.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#4Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11
Posted: 5/6/21 at 12:10pm

dramamama611 said: "Are you going to share what was said?"

Won't be said till May 11th.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

dramamama611
#5Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11
Posted: 5/6/21 at 12:15pm

Yup, didn't notice that in the (very large) title.   So absolutely nothing we didn't know then.  Thanks, Huss.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

iluvtheatertrash
#6Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11
Posted: 5/8/21 at 10:27am

....so you’re annoyed that someone posted about this so others could know to tune in? My God, some of the people on this page are insufferable.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#7Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11
Posted: 5/8/21 at 10:55am

iluvtheatertrash said: "....so you’re annoyed that someone posted about this so others could know to tune in? My God, some of the people on this page are insufferable."

Where do you see where anyone was "annoyed"?

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

Fosse76
#8Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11
Posted: 5/8/21 at 12:25pm

Huss417 said: "Where do you see where anyone was "annoyed"?"

Right here. It's written in plain English:

dramamama611 said: "Yup, didn't notice that in the (very large) title. So absolutely nothing we didn't know then. Thanks, Huss."

dramamama611
#9Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11
Posted: 5/8/21 at 12:32pm

I wasn't "annoyed"...at all. Just stating that there was no new information in this post. We already knew another announcement was coming. Hell, I even admit I wasn't paying enough attention to the op. YOU decided to read in additional meaning. And look, I'm still not annoyed!

KFC1991
#10Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11
Posted: 5/8/21 at 1:03pm

dramamama611 said: "I wasn't "annoyed"...at all. Just stating that there was no new information in this post. We already knew another announcement was coming. Hell, I even admit I wasn't paying enough attention to the op. YOU decided to read in additional meaning. And look, I'm still not annoyed!"

You looked dumb so you decided to cop an attitude to save face. 

iluvtheatertrash
#11Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11
Posted: 5/8/21 at 1:21pm

Thank you, KFC.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
dramamama611
#13Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11
Posted: 5/8/21 at 1:47pm

I admitted it was my mistake...no attitude intended. I have never minded admitting when I've erred.

Updated On: 5/8/21 at 01:47 PM

hearthemsing22
#14Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11
Posted: 5/10/21 at 9:55am

I think this is either more reopenings...or could it possibly be Wicked? Something related to the movie?? Just a thought. I mean, why would GMA have a whole big announcement planned if it was just re-openings? OH, but maybe it would also include information about COVID safety measures and such. Hmmm. 

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#15Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11
Posted: 5/10/21 at 10:52am

It won't have anything to do with Wicked, as Universal is a producer. If anything was to be announced about Wicked, you can almost guarantee it would be on the Today Show (for morning programming anyway).

I wouldn't be surprised if it is a big number from one of the Disney shows with the announcement of their return dates, because Disney owns ABC.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

hearthemsing22
#16Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11
Posted: 5/10/21 at 4:22pm

fashionguru_23 said: "It won't have anything to do with Wicked, as Universal is a producer. If anything was to be announced about Wicked, you can almost guarantee it would be on the Today Show (for morning programming anyway).

I wouldn't be surprised if it is a big number from one of the Disney shows with the announcement of their return dates, because Disney owns ABC.
"

OH! Good point. Then you're probably right! 

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#17Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11
Posted: 5/10/21 at 4:28pm

fashionguru_23 said: "It won't have anything to do with Wicked, as Universal is a producer. If anything was to be announced about Wicked, you can almost guarantee it would be on the Today Show (for morning programming anyway).

"

It actually is going to be Wicked announced on the show, just take a look at one of Alexandra Billings' recent instagrams. It'll be a joint announcement of the three shows we've been expecting. 

Updated On: 5/10/21 at 04:28 PM

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#18Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11
Posted: 5/10/21 at 4:38pm

Looks like Wicked is confirmed to announce a reopening tomorrow morning for all intents and purposes, and Lion King and Aladdin are probable candidates as well. 

There are some other big names that have not yet set reopening dates that could be revealed on the air: Moulin Rouge! and Hamilton, given the Disney connections? Book of Mormon? Dear Evan HansenHadestown? Anything's possible...

Oh look, a bibu!

Scott R
#19Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11
Posted: 5/10/21 at 5:32pm

Anyone hearing when these shows will go on sale? Hoping to score Re-Opening night tickets for Lion King or Wicked. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#20Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11
Posted: 5/10/21 at 7:19pm

Hearing the shows announcing tomorrow will be: The Lion King, Aladdin, Hamilton, Wicked, Moulin Rouge & Jagged Little Pill.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

MattieIce2018
#21Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11
Posted: 5/10/21 at 7:20pm

Wicked is on Ticketmaster with performances beginning 9/14, including the note, "on-sale date and times are in the works - please check back!"

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#22Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11
Posted: 5/10/21 at 7:21pm

Well, according to David Gordon, the President of the Outer Critics Circle says this is all a distraction from other news coming out tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/MrDavidGordon/status/1391873274771124224?s=19

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

MattieIce2018
#23Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11
Posted: 5/10/21 at 7:23pm

fashionguru_23 said: "Well, according to David Gordon, the President of the Outer Critics Circle says this is all a distraction from other news coming out tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/MrDavidGordon/status/1391873274771124224?s=19
"

I saw that a few minutes ago, but I read it as "today's announcements are being made now so they aren't overshadowed by what's coming tomorrow".

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#24Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11
Posted: 5/10/21 at 7:42pm

Good news, I’m assuming, or it wouldn’t be a morning show rollout.

What could be bigger than “the shows are coming back, y’all?” It’s too early in the grand West End experiment to make it a Broadway thing, but you ask me for the biggest good news big news Broadway story imaginable, and my mind immediately jumps to “they’re renegotiating streaming and filming as a fact of life and not a rare occasion.”

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#25Good Morning America teases big Broadway announcement on Tuesday, May 11
Posted: 5/10/21 at 7:42pm

MattieIce2018 said: "Wicked is on Ticketmaster with performances beginning 9/14, including the note, "on-sale date and times are in the works - please check back!""

I was looking at shows on Ticketmaster this morning and many of them had no performance dates/times listed at all, so this is a noteworthy update. I just checked back, and it seems many shows updated their calendars this afternoon. Some of the changes I noticed:

Aladdin (performances beginning 9/28)

Hamilton (beginning 9/14)

The Lion King (beginning 9/14)

MJ (beginning 12/6)

Tina (beginning 10/8)

Wicked (beginning 9/14)

None of them are on sale yet (clicking on any date brings up the "please check back!" note), but it's an exciting development. Looking forward to more announcements tomorrow and throughout the week!