First Performance Plans

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#25First Performance Plans
Posted: 5/11/21 at 11:00am

Jordan Levinson said: "Just seeing this thread built around the term "first performance" reminds me of WhizzerMarvin, the best reviewer in all the land. Wonder where he is?"

Whizzer stopped doing reviews fall of 2019 I believe. I think the last show he did a review for was The Inheritance, and nothing since. I miss him greatly.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#26First Performance Plans
Posted: 5/11/21 at 11:04am

Just remembered the time Lin-Manuel Miranda posted on here about how much he enjoyed Whizzer's reviews.

As far as first performances go, I'm very satisfied with my aisle seats for Little Shop, Phantom, and Company, with a cheap Doubtfire ticket for the day before official opening in between. Eagerly awaiting Off-Broadway announcements.

Updated On: 5/11/21 at 11:04 AM

Dollypop
#27First Performance Plans
Posted: 5/11/21 at 11:08am

Looks as though the1st performance of WICKED is already sold out.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

orlikethecolorpurple
#28First Performance Plans
Posted: 5/11/21 at 11:12am

I fully recognize that front row is too close, but I’ll be there for first preview of Company and I CANT WAIT

Chris11
#29First Performance Plans
Posted: 5/11/21 at 11:15am

Managed to grab some Mezz seats for Aladdin's first show (looks like just a single and two disabled seats in the Mezz now then it's sold out). Now I just have to hope travel is allowed from the UK!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#30First Performance Plans
Posted: 5/11/21 at 11:17am

It looks liked the first performance of JLP is almost sold out too...

Phantom4ever
#31First Performance Plans
Posted: 5/11/21 at 11:29am

I'll be at the first performance of Phantom on Oct. 22 (in the back of the orchestra) and again  the next night......premium center front orchestra.  For the matinee on Oct. 23 I'm seeing Hamilton which will already be running for a few weeks at that point.  

Debating whether or not to make another trip for the first weekend back but honestly the only show I want to see that's playing that first weekend is Chicago so I don't think I'm gonna do it. 

FlyHigh523 Profile Photo
FlyHigh523
#32First Performance Plans
Posted: 5/11/21 at 11:33am

Got tickets for Wicked on 9/14. I have chills thinking about that first night back. I can’t wait

BCfitasafiddle
#33First Performance Plans
Posted: 5/11/21 at 11:36am

I, too, think I will have to wait a week or two. As much as I WISH I could experience that first night feeling, I want to hear some experiences first. Also, theatre will be hard for me to afford right away and I doubt there will be a need for rush lines in the beginning of all this. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#34First Performance Plans
Posted: 5/11/21 at 11:42am

Dollypop said: "Looks as though the1st performance of WICKED is already sold out."

Yes, except for one accessible companion seat in the mezzanine that Ticketmaster won't let you buy without an accessible seat to go along with it.

RunnyBabbit
#35First Performance Plans
Posted: 5/11/21 at 12:09pm

I thought about doing a first performance, but I think for my first trip back to Broadway in 1.5 years, I’m going to wait a bit so it’s not just screaming the whole time. A big part of me wants to be there and scream, too. But then I’m just going to want to go back and see the show again and that’s a lot of money right now.

Rainbowhigh23
#36First Performance Plans
Posted: 5/11/21 at 12:16pm

FlyHigh523 said: "Got tickets for Wicked on 9/14. I have chills thinking about that first night back. I can’t wait"

I got a ticket for September 17, Center orchestra!!  Now I'm working on Company and Diana.  

Det95
#37First Performance Plans
Posted: 5/11/21 at 12:20pm

I’m flying in from Detroit for this. I can’t wait. I’m seeing Wicked 9/14, Lion King 9/15, and Six 9/17. I’m hoping the Moulin Rouge rumors are right and I’ll be grabbing tickets for that when they go on sale. Am I happy with my Wicked seats, no. But hearing Glinda say “It’s good to see me isn’t it?” Is going to break me.

Kitsune Profile Photo
Kitsune
#38First Performance Plans
Posted: 5/11/21 at 12:39pm

I live in California, and will probably wait until late-October to make a trip. I've seen most of the tourist mainstays and want to wait until more new things open. Definitely want to see Six, Jagged Little Pill, and Hadestown (repeat visit). May also do Little Shop of Horrors, Flying Over Sunset, Come From Away (repeat visit), and Mrs. Doubtfire. Disappointed that I'll miss Company this time around, but hopefully it'll still be playing in Sumer 2022, the next time I'm likely to make it to New York.

In the mean time, next month I'm attending the first preview at SF Playhouse for Hold These Truths, their first in-person show since shutdown. It has a cast of one with socially distanced seating in an already small theater. I can't wait.

I also went to San Francisco Opera's drive-in performance of The Barber of Seville a few weeks ago .Needless to say we pulled up, I saw the stage, and subsequently burst into tears.

Dollypop
#39First Performance Plans
Posted: 5/11/21 at 12:47pm

I'm getting a lot of "in the works/check back soon" messages The phone lines aren't working

Updated On: 5/11/21 at 12:47 PM

duffny1
#40First Performance Plans
Posted: 5/11/21 at 2:03pm

I just got Opening Night tickets for Dear Evan Hansen December 11th. Tons of tickets available. Go to the DearEvanHansen website and click the telecharge link there.

Updated On: 5/11/21 at 02:03 PM

MattieIce2018
#41First Performance Plans
Posted: 5/11/21 at 2:06pm

I was able to get tickets for Wicked on 9/14, and will be seeing the first preview of Doubtfire's reopening on 10/21 (I saw the final performance before the shutdown last Spring, so I really wanted to see the first one back as well)

Dollypop
#42First Performance Plans
Posted: 5/11/21 at 2:55pm

Now some of the shows are stating: Sold Out. Check Back Soon"

Isn't that a contradiction in terms?

stoptheworld38 Profile Photo
stoptheworld38
#43First Performance Plans
Posted: 5/11/21 at 2:56pm

I’m not going to anything right away cause I don’t live in the area but going to Hadestown when they reopen (not sure yet exactly when/how soon after) as I was supposed to go last year.

I do really wish I could be at Come From Away reopening though...

you found your heart but left a part of you behind <3

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#44First Performance Plans
Posted: 5/11/21 at 3:46pm

Just a good list that is updated hourly on every opening and ticket information. 

Broadway reopening dates

Jaxson2
#45First Performance Plans
Posted: 5/11/21 at 3:47pm

Company on Dec 20 and Music Man on Dec 21.  

Temptations, Phantom, & Little Shop of Horrors all on their respective first night.

Dollypop
#46First Performance Plans
Posted: 5/11/21 at 3:59pm

Sutton Ross said: "Just a good list that is updated hourly on every opening and ticket information.

Broadway reopening dates
"

Thanks for posting this. At least it indicates which show is sold out in plain English instead of "cyber speak"

Jaxson2
#47First Performance Plans
Posted: 5/11/21 at 4:22pm

hearthemsing22 said: "I wanted to see Wicked it’s first night back, but 1. Too expensive 2. I actually want to HEAR the actors. So I’m not seeing the first night but the first week.

Also seeing Phantom (that moment when the chandelier rises....) and Come From Away. I’m going to wait on others because I want to help support off-Broadway. I don’t think those have been announced yet.
"

Little Shop is selling tickets.

sm33 Profile Photo
sm33
#48First Performance Plans
Posted: 5/11/21 at 4:25pm

We live in LA, but usually do 2-3 NYC trips a year, with one always being at Christmas when we come to the East Coast to see family. Our last NYC trip was a short one right after Christmas 2019 - we saw Sing Street, The Sound Inside, American Utopia, and Oklahoma (for the 4th and final time). One of the reasons we kept it short was because we had a big trip planned for the spring when more shows were opening. Of course that trip didn't end up happening, but the show I was most excited to see on that trip was Company. 

So for 2021, we've planned a Christmas-adjacent NYC trip, and the first show I bought tickets for was Company on its second night - finally got to use a Telecharge giftcard that's been burning a hole in my pocket for a year and a half. 

I'll probably wait a little while to buy any more tickets unless something extremely appealing comes up, but I know the energy is gonna be electric, and I can't wait! Interested in seeing American Utopia and Hadestown again, because they're both amazing, but I'll probably prioritize some of the newer shows that I haven't already seen - Six, Caroline or Change, Flying Over Sunset, and possibly others that haven't yet been announced. 

babykitty_00 Profile Photo
babykitty_00
#49First Performance Plans
Posted: 5/11/21 at 4:26pm

Jordan Catalano said: "For the first night, I got “Wicked” tickets. I want to be in the room to hear G(a)linda say “It’s good to see me, isn’t it?” that first time back."

omg you just gave me goosebumps!!

Videos