pixeltracker

Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods- Page 17

Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods

ivy3
#400Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/11/22 at 12:31am

joshdog2014 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "The deleted post from earlier today said that Christian Borle would be replacing NPH in the transfer."

Assuming this is true, I wonder what he’ll do about Little Shop. He’s currently on a scheduled absence and set to return 5/29. Will he leave the production for good without returning? Come back for a week or two? I’d assume he wouldn’t come back in September/October between ITW and Some Like It Hot
"

The rumor was he would return to LSOH at the end of May and be with the show until August and then leave for Some Like it Hot.

If this transfer happens, I don't think he can return to LSOH or at most return for a week or two like you said. 

OMG U Guyz
#401Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/11/22 at 12:34am

Deleted

Updated On: 5/13/22 at 12:34 AM

OMG U Guyz
TheatreAddict
#403Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/11/22 at 11:22am

I have two excellent tickets (center Orchestra row L) for tomorrow (Thursday) night that I can no longer use. Selling at the purchase price ($319 including fees for the two tickets). Message me if you're interested in purchasing. 

UPDATE: Tickets sold.

Updated On: 5/11/22 at 11:22 AM

MagicalMusical Profile Photo
MagicalMusical
#404Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/11/22 at 12:20pm

Jordan Catalano, I am so, so glad you saw this production, and even more happy that you love it this much! I'm glad you finally got to see a great Baker's Wife again! I agree, she stands next to Gleason, all on her own, as an equally great version of the character, or, if not equal, right up there! She was just such a joy as the character and I really loved her.

I don't get something about the Broadway transfer, though. If the show's so good, and it is, why only an 8-week run? Why not a full revival?

Updated On: 5/11/22 at 12:20 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#405Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/11/22 at 12:27pm

MagicalMusical said: "Jordan Catalano, I am so, so glad you saw this production, and even more happy that you love it this much! I'm glad you finally got to see a great Baker's Wife again! I agree, she stands next to Gleason, all on her own, as an equally great version of the character, or, if not equal, right up there! She was just such a joy as the character and I really loved her.

I don't get something about the Broadway transfer, though. If the show's so good, and it is, why only an 8-week run? Why not a full revival?
"

1. Thanks! Yeah, it was something I’ve waited my whole life for basically so I’m still floating on air today thinking about it.

2. I believe something is booked at the St  James later in the year so a short run would be all they can do, plus with people like Sara and Heather (who would be the star selling points), they have other projects they need to work on. 

MagicalMusical
#406Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/11/22 at 12:33pm

1. Wow, that's a wish you've really been waiting to come true! So glad it did!

2. Oh, ok, thanks for explaining.

3. Into the Woods is my second favorite show ever. I even am designing dream costumes for a fantasy production. I think some of the costumes in this productions were a bit too modern. I would have liked all the feeling of "Once upon a time." I hope the Broadway transfer makes them like that, and richer. The set, too.

OhHiii
#407Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/11/22 at 12:57pm

joshdog2014 said: "Could it be asimilar situationto Sunday in the Park with George where they remove themselves from Tony contention to not have to comp as many tickets? Although next season is not at all filled out yet, so the stated reason for Sunday wouldn’t be the case here"

Little known fact is that reasoning was actually cover for Jake not wanting to be disappointed if he lost the Tony that year as he's lost every other major award he's been nominated for. They could've made the finances work comping those tickets.

If this is going into the much larger St. James, the voter comps wouldn't have nearly the effect on the bottom line as they would on a production in the much smaller Hudson.

ATerrifyingAndImposingFigure
#408Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/11/22 at 1:06pm

Yeah I really don’t see them doing away voter comps and disqualifying themselves. How many shows outside of Sunday have ever done that? Also it wasn’t too long ago that we saw Boys in the Band win revival after being closed since the summer, so as long as the show is just as highly regarded in the transfer, it could still do well with awards.

UWS10023 Profile Photo
UWS10023
#409Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/12/22 at 2:47am

OMG U Guyz said: "FOH on Sunday night was a mess - no programs and when asked to show me where my seat was the usher I had to climb over a rail to get there. I emailed city center for PDF of the program though"

A lack of programs would have nothing to do with an usher and there would be no reason for you to “have” to climb over a rail to get to a seat. Where on God’s green earth were you sitting? I am sure City Center can arrange to give you a normal playbill if you did not receive one.

Updated On: 5/12/22 at 02:47 AM

MagicalMusical
#410Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/12/22 at 12:15pm

Of all the changes they made to Into the Woods over time, I feel like "Our Little World" is a good idea, but I think it's especially good to have Cinderella be the one to suggest, "Smear the ground with pitch" so the Giant sticks. Even as a teen doing the show when I first heard of it when they announced my school was doing it, I thought Cinderella should be the one to first think of that idea! Glad this production kept that of all things!

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#411Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/12/22 at 5:45pm

Hello, I can't make it so I'm selling one ticket tonight for 7pm. Orchestra Center row BB Seat 102. Will accept $100. Cash app or venmo. Will email the ticket (barcode in the email). Pm if interested. 

bstoll1
Jmuep2
#413Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/12/22 at 11:48pm

RWPrincess said: "Heather Headley's Netflix show, Sweet Magnolias, was just renewed for Season 3 so I wonder if she would continue as well. I think they filmed Season 2 last year around this time.

I saw this production Friday night and was blown away. The chemistry between Sara and NPH was a pleasant surprise. I'd like to see them do another project together in the near future.
"

Heather will be unavailable until October. 

OMG U Guyz
ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#415Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/13/22 at 12:26am

MagicalMusical said: "Of all the changes they made to Into the Woods over time, I feel like "Our Little World" is a good idea, but I think it's especially good to have Cinderella be the one to suggest, "Smear the ground with pitch" so the Giant sticks. Even as a teen doing the show when I first heard of it when they announced my school was doing it, I thought Cinderella should be the one to first think of that idea! Glad this production kept that of all things!"

I agree, I love “Our Little World.” The show is already very long, but I would love to see it included in a transfer of this production. 

Steph N
#416Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/13/22 at 12:33am

OMG U Guyz said: "Last row of the balcony."

Wait, you have to climb over a railing to get there? They tell you that when you buy the ticket? 

UWS10023 Profile Photo
UWS10023
#417Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/13/22 at 4:45am

Steph N said: "OMG U Guyz said: "Last row of the balcony."

Wait, you have to climb over a railing to get there? They tell you that when you buy the ticket?
"

There is no railing to climb over. The last row is not a complete row. There are some seats house left and then some seats house right. The 2 rows do not come together. Perhaps OMG guy went in on the wrong side and did some seat climbing.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
BroadwayDude2
#419Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/13/22 at 7:32pm

Just adding my voice to lovers of this show.  The cast was both powerful and fun in an informal way. Heather was dazzling, and Sara had great chemistry with everyone. I'm really grateful for this experience. 

hearthemsing22
#420Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/13/22 at 11:19pm

I can’t imagine not being able to see this again in some iteration it’s just so amazing. ❤️

OMG U Guyz
#421Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/14/22 at 5:12am

Acccording to city center management the usher misspoke and was not supposed to give that direction. It was confusing ( and a little dangerous) though. 

jlindsey865 Profile Photo
jlindsey865
#422Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/14/22 at 9:54am

I’m curious if Ashley Park had a similar clause in her contract re: a Broadway run of the show.

Loved Denee in the role & Ashley’s schedule might not allow it, but there is a part of me that would like to see Ashley’s interpretation.

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#423Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/14/22 at 5:06pm

Hi all! I have one ticket to Into the Woods for sale. I tried to sell on StubHub but the buyer canceled last minute on me. The ticket is Balcony Right, F157, and the buyer on StubHub purchased it for $400. I'm asking $340. Ticket is for tonight, please PM me if interested.  

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#424Sara Bareilles, Christian Borle, Ashley Park, and Heather Headley to Lead Encores Into The Woods
Posted: 5/14/22 at 5:18pm

While I haven't read every single post in this thread, I have read quite a few and am wondering if anyone else found Cole Thompson to be extremely bland as Jack? I didn't think he was necessarily bad, but I would absolutely say he was the weakest link of the principles.