pixeltracker

Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more- Page 10

Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more

bstoll1
#225Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/11/22 at 8:58pm

I may cancel my ticket then for Friday night. Thanks for the info.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#226Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/11/22 at 10:36pm

Does anyone know when this is technically “opening” now? Presumably press has already seen it but I don’t see any reviews…

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
BroadwayGirl107
#228Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/12/22 at 9:03am

Wow I completely missed that, and any review roundups. Expected a lot more discussions about how this was received. 

teatime2
#229Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/12/22 at 9:57am

Somehow was able to get a rush ticket on my first try... I just kept clicking even though they said "all tickets were being held" for about five minutes and then I got one. It will be interesting to see whos out tonight, and if there's even a show. 

willep
#230Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/12/22 at 9:59am

Yeah, there were only about three reviews and they were surprisingly mediocre. 

I for one thoroughly enjoyed it and hope to see it again (and hope it gets an album).

bstoll1
#231Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/12/22 at 12:57pm

Ditto! I snagged a single ticket as well. If they do cancel I hope they do it before I board my train to the city. Last time I found out when I checked in at the theatre Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more

teatime2
#232Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/12/22 at 1:45pm

Are the rush seats the same for every performance or does it differ? I'm curious to see where the seats are.

cjmclaughlin10
#233Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/12/22 at 2:12pm

is anyone else having difficulty booking for the extension that just went on sale?

I just returned my tickets with the hope of Re Booking but now I feel like thats was a mistake!

bstoll1
#234Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/12/22 at 2:19pm

At first it said it was was sold out, but now I can see all the performances and select seats. Most are in the rear of the theatre, but it seems as of now each performance has seating available.

bstoll1
dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#236Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/12/22 at 2:48pm

Got tix for the closing matinee.  (The closing perf went FAST, was in the room AT 2.  I'm guessing very few were released for general public.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

TaffyDavenport
#237Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/12/22 at 2:59pm

As far as I know, the 7:30p show on 5/29 was never on sale. The time wasn’t even listed when the rebooking period started, and, after it showed up, I never saw it active.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#238Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/12/22 at 5:29pm

Just managed to snag a Sunday night ticket for May 15! This will be rounding out my May trip which will include Into the Woods at Encores!, The Music Man, Plaza Suite, Funny Girl, Take Me Out, and now Suffs!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#239Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/12/22 at 5:44pm

BroadwayGirl107 said: "Wow I completely missed that, and any review roundups. Expected a lot more discussions about how this was received."

willep said: "Yeah, there were only about three reviews and they were surprisingly mediocre."

There were a good number of reviews from the normal places like NYT, Variety, Entertainment Weekly...

Playbill had a round up: https://playbill.com/article/reviews-what-did-critics-think-of-shaina-taubs-suffs-at-the-public-theater

BroadwayGirl107
#240Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/12/22 at 5:47pm

sorano916 said: "BroadwayGirl107 said: "Wow I completely missed that, and any review roundups. Expected a lot more discussions about how this was received."

willep said: "Yeah, there were only about three reviews and they were surprisingly mediocre."

There were a good number of reviews from the normal places like NYT, Variety, Entertainment Weekly...

Playbill had a round up:https://playbill.com/article/reviews-what-did-critics-think-of-shaina-taubs-suffs-at-the-public-theater

"

Thank you! I haven’t agreed much with Maya Philips leading up to this point but think she 100% nails it with her review here. 

willep
#241Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/12/22 at 6:07pm

Wow, thanks for the link. I clearly missed most of those reviews. I don’t tend to seek out reviews, which is probably why, but I think only about three made their way into this thread, and that’s why.

mcsquared
#242Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/12/22 at 8:32pm

I managed to get one for the last Friday performance--thanks for the heads up about the extension opening up tickets.

TaffyDavenport
#243Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/13/22 at 10:18am

From a post on Instagram, it looks like Shaina Taub and Nadia Dandashi were the only two out last night. Can anyone who was there confirm this?

teatime2
#244Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/13/22 at 11:59am

TaffyDavenport said: "From a post on Instagram, it looks like Shaina Taub and Nadia Dandashi were the only two out last night. Can anyone who was there confirm this?"

That is correct! There was one ensemble member covering a split track as well. I liked the show... I wanted to LOVE the show. I thought the first act was far too long and dragged, and I thought the opening number was very anticlimatic with Alice Paul's entrance. There is some great music in the show, but I do think it could be streamlined more to tell the story in a more effective way. I hated the set, and hope future productions change it. I'm very happy I saw it, and I'm excited to see what the future holds for it. It has amazing potential 

Kitsune Profile Photo
Kitsune
#246Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/18/22 at 1:39pm

Any chance that this will extend again, or is May 29th the hard close date? (Not sure what else is coming into that space at The Public)

Evan Hansen2
#247Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/20/22 at 12:08pm

Just putting this out there, if anybody wins the free performance lottery for tonight and has an extra ticket, I would love to go!!

willep
seussical93