pixeltracker

Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more- Page 9

Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more

JSquared2
#200Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/7/22 at 1:23pm

iluvtheatertrash said: "For anyone who had a canceled show, don't bother contacting the Public asking for options. I just did and was told there is no wait-list for us to join for returns (so to check the website as often as possible for any), and we will not receive priority access if there is an extension, AND we will have to pay the higher price, rather than honoring the price at our canceled performances.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really tired of the Public's horrific customer service and I'll be hesitant to book shows there in the future.

"Horrific"???  You really seem to like throwing around that word, don't you?  You must lead a charmed life it's that's one of the most terrible things that's ever happened to you!

Updated On: 4/7/22 at 01:23 PM

iluvtheatertrash
#201Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/7/22 at 1:27pm

JSquared2 said: "iluvtheatertrash said: "For anyone who had a canceled show, don't bother contacting the Public asking for options. I just did and was told there is no wait-list for us to join for returns (so to check the website as often as possible for any), and we will not receive priority access if there is an extension, AND we will have to pay the higher price, rather than honoring the price at our canceled performances.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really tired of the Public's horrific customer service and I'll be hesitant to book shows there in the future.

"Horrific"??? You really seem to like throwing around that word, don't you? You must lead a charmed life it's that's one of the most terrible things that's ever happened to you

"

Okay, let me get a bunch of other words for you: lousy, awful, atrocious, terrible, abysmal. All of these words apply to their horrible customer service that I have experienced on more than one occasion, and long before the pandemic happened. 

And I never said it's one of the most terrible things that happened to me. So, don't put words in my mouth. 

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#202Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/7/22 at 1:28pm

These are unfortunately the perils of buying advance tickets to a hot, limited-run off-Bway show during COVID times. With luck –– quite a bit of luck –– this won't be the last time we see SUFFS in NYC. Many of us dealt with similar things for other shows in December/January at the height of cancellations.

iluvtheatertrash
#203Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/7/22 at 1:30pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "These are unfortunately the perils of buying advance tickets to a hot, limited-run off-Bway show during COVID times. With luck –– quite a bit of luck –– this won't be the last time we see SUFFS in NYC. Many of us dealt with similar things for other shows in December/January at the height of cancellations."

I'm not denying any of that. But the Public could make an effort to help their customers. They choose not to. They could offer a waiting list. They could offer priority booking for an extension. I'm not annoyed the performances are canceled, I UNDERSTAND that. I'm annoyed that the Public does nothing proactive for their customers. 

And to be fair, this isn't just the pandemic. They did the same thing with Hamlet when they canceled matinees because "the cast was tired". I'm just annoyed. Sorry for expressing my annoyance. I won't bother expressing anything else. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#204Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/7/22 at 2:29pm

iluvtheatertrash said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "These are unfortunately the perils of buying advance tickets to a hot, limited-run off-Bway show during COVID times. With luck –– quite a bit of luck –– this won't be the last time we see SUFFS in NYC. Many of us dealt with similar things for other shows in December/January at the height of cancellations."

I'm not denying any of that. But the Public could make an effort to help their customers. They choose not to. They could offer a waiting list. They could offer priority booking for an extension. I'm not annoyed the performances are canceled, I UNDERSTAND that. I'm annoyed that the Public does nothing proactive for their customers.

And to be fair, this isn't just the pandemic. They did the same thing with Hamlet when they canceled matinees because "the cast was tired". I'm just annoyed. Sorry for expressing my annoyance. I won't bother expressing anything else.
"

I think your annoyance is valid. I hate terrible customer service. That said, with The Public being a relatively small space, so just might not have the inventory to offer you another seat somewhere. For something like Hamlet, if it's sold out, what can they really do? They can't magically add seats. So I kind of see both sides. But your frustration is warranted. 

iluvtheatertrash
#205Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/7/22 at 2:34pm

RippedMan said: "iluvtheatertrash said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "These are unfortunately the perils of buying advance tickets to a hot, limited-run off-Bway show during COVID times. With luck –– quite a bit of luck –– this won't be the last time we see SUFFS in NYC. Many of us dealt with similar things for other shows in December/January at the height of cancellations."

"

I think your annoyance is valid. I hate terrible customer service. That said, with The Public being a relatively small space, so just might not have the inventory to offer you another seat somewhere. For something like Hamlet, if it's sold out, what can they really do? They can't magically add seats. So I kind of see both sides. But your frustration is warranted.
"

Thanks, RippedMan. I absolutely understand it’s sold out. I think they could offer what many theatres do: a wait list for returns, giving us priority before listing on the site, and/or priority access for an extension AT THE ORIGINAL PRICE WE PAID.

Dan6
#206Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/7/22 at 2:38pm

Priority booking for the next extension seems like a no-brainer. When Classic Stage had to cancel Assassins - another very hot ticket - in March 2020, they gave ticketholders priority access when tickets went on sale again for November 2021. The Public could easily do the same.  

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#207Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/7/22 at 3:01pm

When The Visitor went on presale for its run last fall, I received an email with a code for early access, since I had previously purchased tickets in 2020. I'm confident that I'll find a seat, extension or not (although I think there will be one), but that's because I have time to keep checking. For those who can't, I'm sure a simple access code would be much appreciated, even if it only gave a 2-hour head start. They can do it if they want to.

Updated On: 4/7/22 at 03:01 PM

iluvtheatertrash
#208Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/7/22 at 3:13pm

Thank you. That's all I'm saying. Just a bare minimum effort to try and get us all back in to see it, rather than just shrugging it off. 

TaffyDavenport
#209Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/7/22 at 3:17pm

I messaged them on Facebook, basically saying what I said here. They said their team is working on a solution, and will have more information soon.

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#210Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/7/22 at 7:34pm

I purchased my ticket back in November and was scheduled to attend this Saturday.  I agree that The Public has made zero effort at customer service regarding this.  I understand covid happens but a waitlist or something kind would be in order.  I guess it's a good sign that I don't see an AMEX credit on my account yet.  You know they'll be asking us to donate that money in lieu of a direct credit too. 

iluvtheatertrash
#211Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/7/22 at 7:41pm

Melissa25 said: "I purchased my ticket back in November and was scheduled to attend this Saturday. I agree that The Public has made zero effort at customer service regarding this. I understand covid happens but a waitlist or something kind would be in order. I guess it's a good sign that I don't see an AMEX credit on my account yet. You know they'll be asking us to donate that money in lieu of a direct credit too.

"

Melissa, that's exactly how I feel. I was surprised they didn't tell me I had to ASK for the refund as they've done in the past. 

But I'm hearing there's news tomorrow from the poster above and others. Hopefully it's true and we'll be given a first chance to rebook. But if it's at a higher price, even a moderately higher pricer, I won't be doing it. I'm not going to pay more as if I waited to book when I did not. 

I called the Public today about it and got an employee who clearly had been chewed out quite a bit over it. He told me that he didn't disagree and that there should be some ATTEMPT to help us. I wonder if he and his coworkers at the phones made whatever's happening tomorrow happen by speaking up on behalf of us. 

JasonC3
#212Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/7/22 at 7:58pm

Sounds like The Public dropped the ball on at least not quickly sending out an email to all affected to say "Give us a few days.  We're exploring options." 

Communications 101 when something goes awry is to not let people engage for long in speculation as a negative narrative is usually the result.

EDIT:

I was not a ticketholder so I appreciate Soozie sharing that The Public did indeed offer a textbook placeholder message,

Updated On: 4/7/22 at 07:58 PM

Soozie
#213Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/7/22 at 8:08pm

As a ticket holder for last night's, now cancelled, performance, the email DID say:

"We understand that many people will have questions about rebooking for future performances, we appreciate your patience and grace in this moment as we regroup with our teams about how to best handle this process. When we have a better understanding of next steps we will be in touch."

Please give them time to regroup when they have had to cancel a week of shows, and the show is sold out.  Just saying. 

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#214Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/7/22 at 8:38pm

Soozie said: "As a ticket holder for last night's, now cancelled, performance, the email DID say:

"We understand that many people will have questions about rebooking for future performances, we appreciate your patience and grace in this moment as we regroup with our teams about how to best handle this process. When we have a better understanding of next steps we will be in touch."

Please give them time to regroup when they have had to cancel a week of shows, and the show is sold out. Just saying.
"

What Soozie said. With everything considered, they've had a lot to deal with, including making sure the cast of SUFFS as well as the other shows' cast and staff in the building are okay. The show is sold out and in order to get cancelled people in, they need at least another extension, which probably also takes some time considering they have commercial producers on this. And just with every other theater company in NYC, they're probably short staffed. 

So, just breathe, wait and see. It's unnecessary to be bitching out call center staff or social media underlings when it's not it's in their court. Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more 

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#216Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/8/22 at 2:11pm

Michael Paulson @MichaelPaulson 3m

Off-Broadway news: "Suffs," which is closed until Tuesday because of coronavirus cases, will extend its run at @PublicTheaterNY to May 29 and give ticketing priority to those who had seats at canceled performances.

TaffyDavenport
#217Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/8/22 at 2:20pm

Emails with the access code have gone out, and tickets for the extension are available now, only with the code,  at the original price point of $100. The remaining seats go on sale Monday to partners, and Tuesday for general sale.

Updated On: 4/8/22 at 02:20 PM

Soozie
#218Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/8/22 at 2:22pm

For those who complained earlier, here is an email note a friend of mine received from The Public today. This person had tickets for tonight's cancelled show: 

"Thank you so much for your understanding with this week’s unfortunate cancellation of your SUFFS performance due to COVID cases within the company. The great news is SUFFS has extended an additional two weeks, through May 29, and you have first access to rebook your tickets.

Beginning today through this Monday, April 11 at 2pm, you may rebook tickets through the ways outlined below and by using the code provided. Ticket prices have increased, but we will honor the original regular ticket price through this priority period until Monday at 2pm.

We urge you to please take advantage of this booking window as we may not be able to accommodate you after Monday.

Thank you again for your continued support and patience, and we hope to see you at SUFFS very soon.

In solidarity,

The Public Theater"

Updated On: 4/8/22 at 02:22 PM

ItsMeRaul Profile Photo
ItsMeRaul
#219Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/8/22 at 2:32pm

Yep. Was supposed to see it tonight. Happy that I can  at least replace tix for the people who were supposed to accompany me (I’m from the west coast and can’t get back again so soon).

To those who also have the code, please don’t share it. Allow those who missed out this week a chance to regroup and replace their show date. Thanks. 

Updated On: 4/8/22 at 02:32 PM

kidmanboy Profile Photo
kidmanboy
#220Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/8/22 at 3:01pm

Thank you so much for posting this! Was able to get better seats than I had.  Makes up for the fact that my replacement show for tomorrow was Paradise Square....which is now also cancelled.  Now have tickets to Take Me Out.  If that cast gets COVID, you'll know you have me to blame!

TaffyDavenport
#221Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/8/22 at 3:13pm

I was fully prepared to pay $25 extra, but was very pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to. Not sure if they took people's complaints/concerns into account when figuring out what to do, but, whatever the case, it worked out well.

VintageSnarker
bstoll1
TaffyDavenport
#224Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more
Posted: 4/11/22 at 5:29pm

bstoll1 said: "Is the full cast expected to return tomorrow?"

No. Shaina Taub is scheduled to return on Saturday, and there must be others who will still be out, as well.