pixeltracker

Company Reviews (and beyond)- Page 9

Company Reviews (and beyond)

Dollypop
#200Company reviews
Posted: 1/5/22 at 8:42pm

I was also at today's matinee and really enjoyed the show despite Katrina Lenk. This poor girl is a character actress and not a leading lady. She lacked stage presence and as my TDF  seat was in the 2nd row, I could see that her face barely changed expression throughout the performance.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

ashley0139
#201Company reviews
Posted: 1/5/22 at 9:17pm

Dollypop said: "I was also at today's matinee and really enjoyed the show despite Katrina Lenk. This poor girl is a character actress and not a leading lady. She lacked stage presence and as my TDF seat was in the 2nd row, I could see that her face barely changed expression throughout the performance."

Yikes. I could not possibly disagree more with this assessment. And I was sitting front row. One of my favorite performances I have ever seen.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#202Company reviews
Posted: 1/5/22 at 10:25pm

How was Tally Sessions as Larry?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#203Company reviews
Posted: 1/5/22 at 10:53pm

Rose2 said: "I was at the matinee today and Patti was back & terrific."

I’m taking my guy to see the matinee next Wednesday and driving him into the city - something I hate doing - because he has Parkinson’s and is recovering from successful cancer surgery, and I want him to be comfortable and have a blast.

My big fear is LuPone being out after we’ve schlepped all the way there.

Feb. 28 - Looped, Feb. 28 - Next to Normal, March 4 - Hair, March 11 - A Little Night Music, March 24 - Time Stands Still, April 6 - La Cage Aux Folles, April 10 - Anyone Can Whistle (City Center), April 10 - Looped, May 9 - Enron, May 15 - A Little Night Music, May 15 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Little Night Music, June 20 - A Little Night Music, June 23 - Red, June 23 - Sondheim on Sondheim, July 13 - A Little Night Music, July 18 - The Grand Manner (Lincoln Center)

Raspberry Profile Photo
Raspberry
#204Company reviews
Posted: 1/5/22 at 11:21pm

I’ve caught the last two Weds matinees and Patti was in for both. It’s hard to predict performer attendance these days, but it seems like it’s improved overall on Broadway in the week and a half since Xmas.  I think everyone has sort of adjusted their backstage and off-hours behavior in light of how contagious and prevalent the new variant is.  You can definitely tell people are acting differently in NY compared to two weeks before Xmas when it all started to blow up.

ACL—Tally was a wonderful Larry.  His section of “Sorry/Grateful” was a vocal highlight of the show today, and he absolutely held his own with Patti in their scene at the end.

"I just want a story and a few good songs that will take me away. I just want to be entertained. I mean, isn't that the point?"

kurtal
#205Company reviews
Posted: 1/5/22 at 11:28pm

ACL2006 said: "How was Tally Sessions as Larry?"

I was at Tuesday's evening performance, and Tally was on as Larry.  He was good.  Definitely felt a bit more flirty and humorous than Terence Archie.  His dancing pre- TLWL was hilarious.

Rudy2 Profile Photo
Rudy2
#206Company reviews
Posted: 1/5/22 at 11:31pm

Raspberry said: "I’ve caught the last two Weds matinees and Patti was in for both. It’s hard to predict performer attendance these days, but it seems like it’s improved overall on Broadway in the week and a half since Xmas. I think everyone has sort of adjusted their backstage and off-hours behavior in light of how contagious and prevalent the new variant is. You can definitely tell people are acting differently in NY compared to two weeks before Xmas when it all started to blow up.

ACL—Tally was a wonderful Larry. His section of “Sorry/Grateful” was a vocal highlight of the show today, and he absolutely held his own with Patti in their scene at the end.

"

Thank you.

Feb. 28 - Looped, Feb. 28 - Next to Normal, March 4 - Hair, March 11 - A Little Night Music, March 24 - Time Stands Still, April 6 - La Cage Aux Folles, April 10 - Anyone Can Whistle (City Center), April 10 - Looped, May 9 - Enron, May 15 - A Little Night Music, May 15 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Behanding In Spokane, May 30 - A Little Night Music, June 20 - A Little Night Music, June 23 - Red, June 23 - Sondheim on Sondheim, July 13 - A Little Night Music, July 18 - The Grand Manner (Lincoln Center)

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#207Company reviews
Posted: 1/6/22 at 12:23am

BCfitasafiddle said: "Patti was back for the next performance I heard."

Patti was back on the 2nd when I saw it. Might’ve just been a one night thing (It was New Years Day). Also, shoutout to Kathryn Allison for a very funny performance and Tally Sessions for being a formidable Larry for Patti LuPone.

If I didn’t pay attention, I would’ve never guessed either was an understudy since both performances felt fleshed out.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#208Company reviews
Posted: 1/6/22 at 2:19am

I was at the 1/5 Wednesday matinee as well. Incredible. I loved everything about it. Yes, including Lenk. And of course Patti was amazing. I get why Lenk might not be everybody’s cup of tea (including my theater companion today who said while he didn’t hate her performance - he loved her book scenes - he preferred Raul Esparza, but otherwise said everything else in this production was an improvement over the Doyle revival), but her performance worked for me. Whole cast was on fire, but special shout-out to Matt Doyle. Also, absolutely loved the set design. Would love to see this again. Hope we get a new cast recording. 

trpguyy
#209Company reviews
Posted: 1/6/22 at 7:36am

Markie27 said: "Does anybody know if Patti Lupone is back as Joanne? Her understudy was really good as Joanne but I find her too young for the role. I always imagined Joanne would be like a lady “of a certain age” who have been through a lot. I thought Patti and Elaine were perfect in this role."

Which age would that be? Elaine Stritch was 45 in the original company. 

Dollypop
#210Company reviews
Posted: 1/6/22 at 8:32am

ashley0139 said: "Dollypop said: "I was also at today's matinee and really enjoyed the show despite Katrina Lenk. This poor girl is a character actress and not a leading lady. She lacked stage presence and as my TDF seat was in the 2nd row, I could see that her face barely changed expression throughout the performance."

Yikes. I could not possibly disagree more with this assessment. And I was sitting front row. One of my favorite performances I have ever seen.
"

Lenk was so lackluster in the role that I wondered why all the couples were crazy about her. She was far from appealing. Had she not been dressed in red, she would have been lost in the crowd on stage.

Updated On: 1/6/22 at 08:32 AM

Broadway61004
#211Company reviews
Posted: 1/6/22 at 9:25am

Dollypop said: "ashley0139 said: "Dollypop said: "I was also at today's matinee and really enjoyed the show despite Katrina Lenk. This poor girl is a character actress and not a leading lady. She lacked stage presence and as my TDF seat was in the 2nd row, I could see that her face barely changed expression throughout the performance."

"

Lenk was so lackluster in the role that I wondered why all the couples were crazy about her. She was far from appealing. Had she not been dressed in red, she would have been lost in the crowd on stage.

"

Completely agree. She finally started to hit at something before "Being Alive", but it came out of nowhere because there had been no buildup to that prior to it (she tried to play it so reserved that we never saw anything leading up to that outburst). I'll also be the one dissenting voice who thought Patti was okay, but was just being Patti (never once did I buy her as an aging alcoholic lady who lunched). However, Chris Seiber, Jen Simard and Matt Doyle were all incredible as was most of the supporting cast.

Dollypop
#212Company reviews
Posted: 1/6/22 at 11:47am

Broadway61004 said: "Dollypop said: "ashley0139 said: "Dollypop said: "I was also at today's matinee and really enjoyed the show despite Katrina Lenk. This poor girl is a character actress and not a leading lady. She lacked stage presence and as my TDF seat was in the 2nd row, I could see that her face barely changed expression throughout the performance."

"

"

Completely agree. She finally started to hit at something before "Being Alive", but it came out of nowhere because there had been no buildup to that prior to it (she tried to play it so reserved that we never saw anything leading up to that outburst). I'll also be the one dissenting voice who thought Patti was okay, but was just being Patti (never once did I buy her as an aging alcoholic lady who lunched). However, Chris Seiber, Jen Simard and Matt Doyle were all incredible as was most of the supporting cast.
"

I noticed that Lenk was wearing a soft cast on her right hand. It's possible she was in pain and that could certainly affect her performance

BCfitasafiddle
#213Company reviews
Posted: 1/6/22 at 12:05pm

It's wild to hear the varying opinions of Lenk's performances. It was one of the best performances I've seen onstage in a musical. Ever. She just is that girl. Through and through. And I loved her voice on the songs. Nothing about it felt off-putting.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#214Company reviews
Posted: 1/6/22 at 12:48pm

It’s definitely one of the most divisive performances  in recent memory. I find her performance completely enthralling, full of emotion and expression. Yes, her Bobbie can be detached and often filled with anxiety, but that’s not unlike what Esparza did. 
I think some of the issue is with how the role is written. The character mostly observes and reacts to his/her friends. When Lenk leads the bedroom scene with Elder, I find her seductive, funny, and in charge, but the character doesn’t get many opportunities to take charge of a scene. 

MemorableUserName
#215Company reviews
Posted: 1/6/22 at 3:20pm

For what it's worth, Maya Phillips in the NYT:

PHILLIPS That is difficult! I admire that you stuck to your guns there, especially because I think a lot of people went in expecting to enjoy it because of the cast, because of the reputation of the show, and of course because Stephen Sondheim died this fall. With “Company,” you had context I didn’t have going in. I’d heard the songs and knew the story, but this was my first time seeing the show. And yet again, I agreed with your points, especially about the elaborate set overwhelming the content, but found the gender swap, with some small exceptions, more interesting and relevant. There were definitely some awkward lyric changes, but I thought the way the dialogue was changed and how the characters’ relationships with a now-female Bobbie changed created fresh tension that worked. And I found it refreshing to see a female lead who might be passive and aloof, yes, but is able to own that — and the fact that she’s single — in a way that a man can in society. It’s much more rare to see that kind of female character, and I loved Katrina Lenk’s performance.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#216Company reviews
Posted: 1/6/22 at 3:35pm

Another example of how Lenk's performance is dividing people, lol. 

Dollypop
#217Company reviews
Posted: 1/6/22 at 7:44pm

ljay889 said: "Another example of how Lenk's performance is dividing people, lol."

I'm so upset with Lenk's performance that I'm gonna stop wearing my mask and am organizing an insurrection that will attack the TKTS  Booth on Times Square.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#218Company reviews
Posted: 1/8/22 at 2:56pm

Digital lottery is back - first drawing will be on Monday for Tuesday’s performance. $35 for Wednesday mats and $43 for all other perfs

Oh look, a bibu!

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#219Company reviews
Posted: 1/8/22 at 7:55pm

This afternoon, I had the absolute pleasure to attend COMPANY! Can I just say, this was one of the best and funniest shows I have ever seen! Mingling with people who have seen older versions of the show and they all said this was the best yet!! Boy were they right! Marianne Elliott has done an outstanding job taking this timeless classic by the late Stephen Sondheim and update it for today’s audiences. Everything was modernized and included modern references that today’s audiences will understand. Let’s move on to the cast. Starting off with the Queen of Broadway herself, Patti LuPone. This was the first time I’ve ever seen her on stage and boy can that woman give a performance! She’s in her 70s and can still blow audiences out of their seats! Her showstopper “Ladies Who Lunch” made my heart stop for a moment because it’s a privilege to be in the presence of Ms. LuPone! This may be her last Broadway show, so I will always treasure it!! Moving on, Matt Doyle, expertly brings the character of Jamie (formerly Amy) to life. His big number “Not Getting Married Today” made me wonder how can one sing a number at that speed. I would like to know!! The whole number in general had me laughing my head off till it hurt. Continuing, Katrina Lenk’s Bobbie (formerly Bobby) is historic as it is. She is the first woman to play this iconic bachelor, now bachelorette character. I’ve heard mixed reviews of her performance, but I think after the improvements they made, they made the role more comfortable to her to sing. Her rendition of my favorite Sondheim number “Being Alive” brought new meaning to it. The people we have lost during the pandemic made us realize that we are lucky to be alive and should enjoy life as much as possible. Lastly, the trio Andy, PJ, and Theo make the classic song “You Could Drive a Person Crazy” the best trio I’ve seen on stage! In conclusion, this show is so funny and comedy is something we ALL need right now!! If you are feeling down, then get yourself to the Jacobs Theatre on W 45th street and take an afternoon or evening enjoying some of the best comedy on Broadway this season!   

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#220Company reviews
Posted: 1/8/22 at 9:43pm

Dylan Smith4 said: "This afternoon, I had the absolute pleasure to attend COMPANY! Can I just say, this was one of the best and funniest shows I have ever seen! Mingling with people who have seen older versions of the show and they all said this was the best yet!! Boy were they right! Marianne Elliott has done an outstanding job taking this timeless classic by the late Stephen Sondheim and update it for today’s audiences. Everything was modernized and included modern references that today’s audiences will understand. Let’s move on to the cast. Starting off with the Queen of Broadway herself, Patti LuPone. This was the first time I’ve ever seen her on stage and boy can that woman give a performance! She’s in her 70s and can still blow audiences out of their seats! Her showstopper “Ladies Who Lunch” made my heart stop for a moment because it’s a privilege to be in the presence of Ms. LuPone! This may be her last Broadway show, so I will always treasure it!! Moving on, Matt Doyle, expertly brings the character of Jamie (formerly Amy) to life. His big number “Not Getting Married Today” made me wonder how can one sing a number at that speed. I would like to know!! The whole number in general had me laughing my head off till it hurt. Continuing, Katrina Lenk’s Bobbie (formerly Bobby) is historic as it is. She is the first woman to play this iconic bachelor, now bachelorette character. I’ve heard mixed reviews of her performance, but I think after the improvements they made, they made the role more comfortable to her to sing. Her rendition of my favorite Sondheim number “Being Alive” brought new meaning to it. The people we have lost during the pandemic made us realize that we are lucky to be alive and should enjoy life as much as possible. Lastly, the trio Andy, PJ, and Theo make the classic song “You Could Drive a Person Crazy” the best trio I’ve seen on stage! In conclusion, this show is so funny and comedy is something we ALL need right now!! If you are feeling down, then get yourself to the Jacobs Theatre on W 45th street and take an afternoon or evening enjoying some of the best comedy on Broadway this season!"

Great review Dylan... I'd like to see this one with Britney Coleman as Bobbie. I loved Katrina in The Band's Visit (she's the sweetest as well), but based on the mixed things I've heard about her here, I think it's best to see her understudy. The show will win quite a few Tonys this year... in my book, it's a lock for Featured Actor (Doyle), Featured Actress (LuPone), Set Design, and Direction, and it will also possibly win Revival of a Musical. 

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 1/8/22 at 09:43 PM

ashley0139
#221Company reviews
Posted: 1/8/22 at 10:05pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Dylan Smith4 said: "This afternoon, I had the absolute pleasure to attend COMPANY! Can I just say, this was one of the best and funniest shows I have ever seen! Mingling with people who have seen older versions of the show and they all said this was the best yet!! Boy were they right! Marianne Elliott has done an outstanding job taking this timeless classic by the late Stephen Sondheim and update it for today’s audiences. Everything was modernized and included modern references that today’s audiences will understand. Let’s move on to the cast. Starting off with the Queen of Broadway herself, Patti LuPone. This was the first time I’ve ever seen her on stage and boy can that woman give a performance! She’s in her 70s and can still blow audiences out of their seats! Her showstopper “Ladies Who Lunch” made my heart stop for a moment because it’s a privilege to be in the presence of Ms. LuPone! This may be her last Broadway show, so I will always treasure it!! Moving on, Matt Doyle, expertly brings the character of Jamie (formerly Amy) to life. His big number “Not Getting Married Today” made me wonder how can one sing a number at that speed. I would like to know!! The whole number in general had me laughing my head off till it hurt. Continuing, Katrina Lenk’s Bobbie (formerly Bobby) is historic as it is. She is the first woman to play this iconic bachelor, now bachelorette character. I’ve heard mixed reviews of her performance, but I think after the improvements they made, they made the role more comfortable to her to sing. Her rendition of my favorite Sondheim number “Being Alive” brought new meaning to it. The people we have lost during the pandemic made us realize that we are lucky to be alive and should enjoy life as much as possible. Lastly, the trio Andy, PJ, and Theo make the classic song “You Could Drive a Person Crazy” the best trio I’ve seen on stage! In conclusion, this show is so funny and comedy is something we ALL need right now!! If you are feeling down, then get yourself to the Jacobs Theatre on W 45th street and take an afternoon or evening enjoying some of the best comedy on Broadway this season!"

Great review Dylan... I'd like to see this one with Britney Coleman as Bobbie. I loved Katrina inThe Band's Visit(she's the sweetest as well), but based on the mixed things I've heard about her here, I think it's best to see her understudy. The show will win quite a few Tonys this year... in my book, it's a lock for Featured Actor (Doyle), Featured Actress (LuPone), Set Design, and Direction, and it will also possibly win Revival of a Musical.
"

I don’t know why you wouldn’t go and form your own opinion about Katrina before just resolving to see the understudy who you know nothing about how they perform the role.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#222Company reviews
Posted: 1/8/22 at 10:18pm

ashley0139 said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "Dylan Smith4 said: "This afternoon, I had the absolute pleasure to attend COMPANY! Can I just say, this was one of the best and funniest shows I have ever seen! Mingling with people who have seen older versions of the show and they all said this was the best yet!! Boy were they right! Marianne Elliott has done an outstanding job taking this timeless classic by the late Stephen Sondheim and update it for today’s audiences. Everything was modernized and included modern references that today’s audiences will understand. Let’s move on to the cast. Starting off with the Queen of Broadway herself, Patti LuPone. This was the first time I’ve ever seen her on stage and boy can that woman give a performance! She’s in her 70s and can still blow audiences out of their seats! Her showstopper “Ladies Who Lunch” made my heart stop for a moment because it’s a privilege to be in the presence of Ms. LuPone! This may be her last Broadway show, so I will always treasure it!! Moving on, Matt Doyle, expertly brings the character of Jamie (formerly Amy) to life. His big number “Not Getting Married Today” made me wonder how can one sing a number at that speed. I would like to know!! The whole number in general had me laughing my head off till it hurt. Continuing, Katrina Lenk’s Bobbie (formerly Bobby) is historic as it is. She is the first woman to play this iconic bachelor, now bachelorette character. I’ve heard mixed reviews of her performance, but I think after the improvements they made, they made the role more comfortable to her to sing. Her rendition of my favorite Sondheim number “Being Alive” brought new meaning to it. The people we have lost during the pandemic made us realize that we are lucky to be alive and should enjoy life as much as possible. Lastly, the trio Andy, PJ, and Theo make the classic song “You Could Drive a Person Crazy” the best trio I’ve seen on stage! In conclusion, this show is so funny and comedy is something we ALL need right now!! If you are feeling down, then get yourself to the Jacobs Theatre on W 45th street and take an afternoon or evening enjoying some of the best comedy on Broadway this season!"

Great review Dylan... I'd like to see this one with Britney Coleman as Bobbie. I loved Katrina inThe Band's Visit(she's the sweetest as well), but based on the mixed things I've heard about her here, I think it's best to see her understudy. The show will win quite a few Tonys this year... in my book, it's a lock for Featured Actor (Doyle), Featured Actress (LuPone), Set Design, and Direction, and it will also possibly win Revival of a Musical.
"

I don’t know why you wouldn’t go and form your own opinion about Katrina before just resolving to see the understudy who you know nothing about how they perform the role.
"

I'm up for a surprise. I saw Coleman go on as an understudy for Betty Schaefer in the most recent revival of Sunset Boulevard and I know she can tackle this challenging role even though it's a completely different beast.

I have also seen video footage of Katrina in this show; I thought she looked and sounded uncomfortable most of the time as Bobbie. 

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 1/8/22 at 10:18 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#223Company reviews
Posted: 1/9/22 at 12:33am

EDSOSLO858 said: "ashley0139 said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "Dylan Smith4 said: "This afternoon, I had the absolute pleasure to attend COMPANY! Can I just say, this was one of the best and funniest shows I have ever seen! Mingling with people who have seen older versions of the show and they all said this was the best yet!! Boy were they right! Marianne Elliott has done an outstanding job taking this timeless classic by the late Stephen Sondheim and update it for today’s audiences. Everything was modernized and included modern references that today’s audiences will understand. Let’s move on to the cast. Starting off with the Queen of Broadway herself, Patti LuPone. This was the first time I’ve ever seen her on stage and boy can that woman give a performance! She’s in her 70s and can still blow audiences out of their seats! Her showstopper “Ladies Who Lunch” made my heart stop for a moment because it’s a privilege to be in the presence of Ms. LuPone! This may be her last Broadway show, so I will always treasure it!! Moving on, Matt Doyle, expertly brings the character of Jamie (formerly Amy) to life. His big number “Not Getting Married Today” made me wonder how can one sing a number at that speed. I would like to know!! The whole number in general had me laughing my head off till it hurt. Continuing, Katrina Lenk’s Bobbie (formerly Bobby) is historic as it is. She is the first woman to play this iconic bachelor, now bachelorette character. I’ve heard mixed reviews of her performance, but I think after the improvements they made, they made the role more comfortable to her to sing. Her rendition of my favorite Sondheim number “Being Alive” brought new meaning to it. The people we have lost during the pandemic made us realize that we are lucky to be alive and should enjoy life as much as possible. Lastly, the trio Andy, PJ, and Theo make the classic song “You Could Drive a Person Crazy” the best trio I’ve seen on stage! In conclusion, this show is so funny and comedy is something we ALL need right now!! If you are feeling down, then get yourself to the Jacobs Theatre on W 45th street and take an afternoon or evening enjoying some of the best comedy on Broadway this season!"

"

"

I'm up for a surprise. I saw Coleman go on as an understudy for Betty Schaefer in the most recent revival ofSunset Boulevardand I know she can tackle this challenging role even though it's a completely different beast.

I have also seen video footage of Katrina in this show; I thought she looked and sounded uncomfortable most of the time as Bobbie.
"

Sounds like you're referring to illegal footage, as b-roll hasn't been released yet. That type of footage is never the best example of a live performance, especially if it was from the 2020 performances. 

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#224Company reviews
Posted: 1/9/22 at 7:43am

EDSOSLO858 said: "ashley0139 said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "Dylan Smith4 said: "This afternoon, I had the absolute pleasure to attend COMPANY! Can I just say, this was one of the best and funniest shows I have ever seen! Mingling with people who have seen older versions of the show and they all said this was the best yet!! Boy were they right! Marianne Elliott has done an outstanding job taking this timeless classic by the late Stephen Sondheim and update it for today’s audiences. Everything was modernized and included modern references that today’s audiences will understand. Let’s move on to the cast. Starting off with the Queen of Broadway herself, Patti LuPone. This was the first time I’ve ever seen her on stage and boy can that woman give a performance! She’s in her 70s and can still blow audiences out of their seats! Her showstopper “Ladies Who Lunch” made my heart stop for a moment because it’s a privilege to be in the presence of Ms. LuPone! This may be her last Broadway show, so I will always treasure it!! Moving on, Matt Doyle, expertly brings the character of Jamie (formerly Amy) to life. His big number “Not Getting Married Today” made me wonder how can one sing a number at that speed. I would like to know!! The whole number in general had me laughing my head off till it hurt. Continuing, Katrina Lenk’s Bobbie (formerly Bobby) is historic as it is. She is the first woman to play this iconic bachelor, now bachelorette character. I’ve heard mixed reviews of her performance, but I think after the improvements they made, they made the role more comfortable to her to sing. Her rendition of my favorite Sondheim number “Being Alive” brought new meaning to it. The people we have lost during the pandemic made us realize that we are lucky to be alive and should enjoy life as much as possible. Lastly, the trio Andy, PJ, and Theo make the classic song “You Could Drive a Person Crazy” the best trio I’ve seen on stage! In conclusion, this show is so funny and comedy is something we ALL need right now!! If you are feeling down, then get yourself to the Jacobs Theatre on W 45th street and take an afternoon or evening enjoying some of the best comedy on Broadway this season!"

"

"

I'm up for a surprise. I saw Coleman go on as an understudy for Betty Schaefer in the most recent revival ofSunset Boulevardand I know she can tackle this challenging role even though it's a completely different beast.

"

It's called LIVE theatre for a reason. Not prerecorded YouTube footage theatre. Why don't you see the show LIVE before sounding off an opinion on an actor's performance?

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Videos