pixeltracker

MUSIC MAN Rush Line. Updates and such.- Page 12

MUSIC MAN Rush Line. Updates and such.

BorisTomashevsky
#275Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 6/18/22 at 4:57pm

Arrived at box office at 1.45pm today (Saturday) and got rush tix for 8pm show, Orchestra row G, house right near the aisle. 

josibroadwayfan2
#276Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 6/19/22 at 1:33am

I went to the box of today and got there about 9:50 (10 minutes before it opened).  I was able to get Orchestra left Row O seat 7!

Thomas Sumner Profile Photo
Thomas Sumner
#277Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 7/2/22 at 7:39pm

I got in line at 6:04 a.m. this morning (Saturday, July 2) and was the fifth person. The line barely grew for the next hour and only started getting longer at around 8:30 a.m., when it grew to about 20 people. The queue had stretched to the end of the block by the time the box office opened. I'm not sure how many tickets were available, but given it was a two-show day, it was probably enough for at least the people who arrived by 8:30-ish a.m.

I bought a single rush ticket for the matinee and got P115, a pretty spectacular seat in the center orchestra with a full view of the stage that retails for $514. So my $49 ticket was a bargain! Your mileage may vary, though, especially if you're buying pairs of tickets — it seemed those people were only given partial view seats. (They didn't even tell me my seat before I purchased it, though it seemed like they'd tell you if it's a partial view.)

Some tips for rushing:

Getting there early will make it more likely to get a ticket, but it also means you may have a more comfortable place to wait in line. The first seven of us were under the overhang in front of the box office that provides some protection from the elements and a wall to sit against.

The McDonald's across the street has a public restroom on the lower level (no purchase necessary). Make friends with the people in line with you so you can hold each other's place if you need to pop over to use the restroom quickly. Stay hydrated, especially on hot and humid days like today!

Bring something to sit on. If you have a folding chair or a camping chair, great! If not, even a folded-up towel and a plastic bag to put under it will be a lifesaver.

Bring plenty to do and a portable power pack for your phone. Chatting with your fellow rushers can also kill time.

The box office opens right at 10 a.m. (or noon on Sundays), so be ready to move when it opens.

You're more likely to get a better seat if you're buying a single rush ticket. Also, the matinees are less popular and may have better options left by the time you reach the front of the line. You probably won't have much of a choice of seats regardless, though, if you're offered a choice at all.

Updated On: 7/12/22 at 07:39 PM

RainyAgwe
#278Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 7/10/22 at 5:59am

This morning I got to the Winter Garden Theater at about 5:45am and there as not a soul in sight. I actually went to the other side of the building just to confirm I wasn’t going mad!

hopefully I get something good!

Hairspray0901
#279Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 7/10/22 at 9:02am

Just a friendly FYI, the box office does not open until 12:00pm on sundays, that could be why no one was there that early.

At least you’re first! Good luck :) 

maeyonnaise
#280Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 7/10/22 at 11:50am

Does anyone know if the rush inventory is the same as the open seat inventory on telecharge.com? 

Thomas Sumner Profile Photo
Thomas Sumner
#281Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 7/11/22 at 9:35am

maeyonnaise said: "Does anyone know if the rush inventory is the same as the open seat inventory on telecharge.com?"

Sort of? The dedicated rush line tickets are primarily partial view seats that aren't otherwise for sale (such as the boxes). They do give out some tickets throughout the theater to fill in gaps. For instance, my single mid-orchestra rush ticket was in between two parties of four.

Updated On: 7/11/22 at 09:35 AM

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#282Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 7/11/22 at 12:05pm

RainyAgwe’s fiance here, we knew it opened at 12, we wanted to assure tix. The next people showed up 10 minutes after him, and then next people after that closer to 8. Seems like 8 am for Sundays.

We got orch L 13 and 15, great seats.

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

allycp
#283Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 7/11/22 at 5:22pm

Hi there!

My husband and I are coming to NYC July 22-24 in the hopes of seeing the Music Man. We had tickets that we bought for previews when they first went on sale YEARS ago now, and when we got there in December the show closed for Covid a few days before our performance and we were devastated as this is my husband's favourite musical of all time. We really want to see the show and we're hoping to get rush tickets. Any tips on when we should arrive at the box office to line up and which dates would be best? Are there ever any days where they have nothing available? I am also getting the sense that asking for single tickets might get us better seats, is that usually the case? Thanks so much in advance!

(Note: We are somewhat experienced rushers and usually rush 4-5 times each time we come to NYC but we really want to make sure we see this show so I am looking for any extra advice possible!)

UncleCharlie
#284Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 7/12/22 at 4:04am

allycp said: "Any tips on when we should arrive at the box office to line up and which dates would be best? Are there ever any days where they have nothing available? I am also getting the sense that asking for single tickets might get us better seats, is that usually the case?"

People have spent the past 6 months providing those exact tips in this very thread. So a good first step might be to read the previous posts.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#285Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 7/12/22 at 7:02am

Rushing now isn’t the same as it was months ago.  They’re asking now a legitimate question as it relates to how insane are the rush lines today.  Info from 5 months ago makes zero sense today.  The musical has been playing for some time now so that insanity of 3am folks doesn’t apply today.  Same as HAMILTON.  Someone giving you their 2015 rush info is pointless today.  

UncleCharlie
#286Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 7/12/22 at 11:21am

BrodyFosse123 said: "Rushing now isn’t the same as it was months ago. They’re asking now a legitimate question as it relates to how insane are the rush lines today. Info from 5 months ago makes zero sense today. The musical has been playing for some time now so that insanity of 3am folks doesn’t apply today. Same as HAMILTON. Someone giving you their 2015 rush info is pointless today. "

I was pointing out if she's looking for tips, anyone who has them will likely have already shared them in this thread. Having said that, I think anyone with a basic level of intelligence would be able to figure out that it would probably be best to look at the most recent posts because they're more relevant and applicable to what she's likely to experience now rather than posts from last December.. But thanks anyway, Captain Obvious 

allycp
#287Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 7/14/22 at 12:18pm

I actually had read almost the entire thread. But I also know that there are factors such as different seasons, actors being out, Tony awards, etc. that change the experience with the rush line. Other than one person who was kind enough to post a very detailed experience, most of the recent posts were from when Hugh was off with Covid. I wanted to know if anything had really changed. One experience is great but I was trying to get another example or two for what it is currently like because I am only there for a few days and don’t want to miss this show again. 

This was my first post on this board. Being met with such negativity at a simple question is a bit jarring because I thought this was supposed to be a kind and welcoming community. I am actually super hesitant about posting here anymore if this is the sort of reaction I am going to be getting from people. Sorry to have been such a nuisance.

babykitty_00 Profile Photo
babykitty_00
#288Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 7/14/22 at 1:02pm

allycp said: "I actually had read almost the entire thread. But I also know that there are factors such as different seasons, actors being out, Tony awards, etc. that change the experience with the rush line. Other than one person who was kind enough to post a very detailed experience, most of the recent posts were from when Hugh was off with Covid. I wanted to know if anything had really changed. One experience is great but I was trying to get another example or two for what it is currently like because I am only there for a few days and don’t want to miss this show again.

This was my first post on this board. Being met with such negativity at a simple question is a bit jarring because I thought this was supposed to be a kind and welcoming community. I am actually super hesitant about posting here anymore if this is the sort of reaction I am going to be getting from people. Sorry to have been such a nuisance.
"

Oh dear, don't let one idiot keep you away! Most everyone on here are kind and can have very good information to share. You have nothing to be sorry about. You were correct in your assessment that rush/ticket/seating information can change very quickly, depending on the season, the weather, the cast, and ongoing covid protocols. Someone was just being snarky for no reason. Shame on them, not you!

I rushed MM in March and people on this thread gave me great info and I got a seat in the 2nd row of the orchestra, very easily. Please post back when you rush and let us know how it goes!

xoxo

UncleCharlie
#289Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 7/14/22 at 4:19pm

babykitty_00 said: "Oh dear, don't let one idiot keep you away! "

The only idiot is the one who can't express an opinion without childish name calling. And if my simple comment while perhaps mildly snarky, was truly that devastating, then definitely stay away from any threads about Funny Girl.

Updated On: 7/14/22 at 04:19 PM

babykitty_00
#290Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 7/14/22 at 4:50pm

UncleCharlie said: "babykitty_00 said: "Oh dear, don't let one idiot keep you away! "

The only idiot is the one who can't express an opinion without childish name calling. And if my simple comment while perhaps mildly snarky, was truly that devastating, then definitely stay away from any threads about Funny Girl.
"

Great, we're on the same page! You acknowledge that your comment was simple and snarky. Maybe if you don't have anything nice to say, just keep scrolling. But there is no need to make someone feel stupid for asking a question that, contrary to your belief, may not have been addressed on this thread. As another poster pointed out, info from 4 months ago may not be relevant today or tomorrow. It costs nothing to be nice. Try it sometime.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#291Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 7/14/22 at 5:58pm

UncleCharlie said: "babykitty_00 said: "Oh dear, don't let one idiot keep you away! "

"

lol stop making excuses for your rude behavior. There haven’t been any reports of rushing since Hugh was out a month ago and it’s peak summer time. The OP wanted to know if anything has changed. Good lord, being rude to someone and then taking offense to the “one idiot” comment. This board is a cesspool of ridiculousness sometime (and to the OP, THAT is a reason to stay away, not this… person).

MemorableUserName
#292Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 7/14/22 at 6:28pm

n2nbaby said: lol stop making excuses for your rude behavior. There haven’t been any reports of rushing since Hugh was out a month ago and it’s peak summer time. The OP wanted to know if anything has changed. Good lord, being rude to someone and then taking offense to the “one idiot” comment. This board is a cesspool of ridiculousness sometime (and to the OP, THAT is a reason to stay away, not this… person)."

I've been biting my tongue in this situation...but this is a lie. Thomas Sumner wrote a very detailed post on July 2 (#277 on this very page), and RainyAgwe/suicidalmickeymouse also chimed in on the 11th. Both very recent and well after Hugh came back. Honestly, I assumed allycp hadn't read the thread either since her question came so soon after those posts 1 to 7 above hers, though I kept my mouth shut and moved on.

You're correct on the cesspool of ridiculousness of course, which is why the biggest lie came from babykitty_00:

"Most everyone on here are kind"

Yeah, it's a nest of vipers, allycp. Might as well find out now. I do hope you get to see the show and don't let this lot ruin the experience for you. If you do stick around, there's an Ignore function you may find useful to avoid the mean ones.

Updated On: 7/14/22 at 06:28 PM

babykitty_00
#293Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 7/14/22 at 6:41pm

You're correct on the cesspool of ridiculousness of course, which is why the biggest lie came from babykitty_00:

"Most everyone on here are kind"

Yeah, it's a nest of vipers, allycp. Might as well find out now. I do hope you get to see the show and don't let this lot ruin the experience for you. If you do stick around, there's an Ignore function you may find useful to avoid the mean ones.
"

Wow, what sad, miserable person you must be to have such negative perspective. Most people on here ARE kind. You may not realize that, since you have only been on here for a very short time. I'm pretty sure allycp will find the Ignore function useful to avoid you, mary sunshine.

reyannalisa
#294Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 7/18/22 at 7:29am

Got to the box office at 2:40 yesterday, just before the 3pm show started. Ended up getting a Standing Room Ticket, which I know can be harder for shorter folks. I’m 22 and 5’8” so was comfortable the whole time. I think Hugh’s charisma is the reason to see the show, as I was smiling everytime he was on stage. It was an average show but the energy, cast and choreography made it worth it to me!

josibroadwayfan2
#295Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 7/21/22 at 12:34am

I went to the box office yesterday Morning, Wednesday July 20th, and was about to get a rush ticket. I did not arrive at the theater until 10:40 (40 minutes after the bus office opened), and I did not buy the ticket until closer to 11:00. I was able to get a seat one of the left boxes. It was partially obstructed, but I did not miss anything important. I was surprised that I was able to get a rush ticket even though I had not been in line prior to the box office opening (I may have gotten lucky, but I also only wanted one ticket which probably helped). Also, it was about 85 degrees already at 10:30, which may have made people not want to stand in line.

thoroughlymodernbilly
#296Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 8/3/22 at 10:39am

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to share my rush experience from today (Wednesday, Aug. 3). I got to the theater at 6:10 am and there were eight people ahead of me. The first person showed up at 4 am and the people before me arrived at 5:30 am.

By 8 am, there were roughly 25 people behind me, and by 9:15 am, the line was wrapped around the block. I would estimate there were at least 50 people by the time the box office opened, although I have no idea how many actually wound up getting tickets. 

I got a pair of tickets for the matinee in center orchestra Row N, so I'd say it was worth the wait! Overall, I had a very pleasant time rushing: friendly people around me, no one cutting the line that I saw, and it never got too hot outside. The theater’s wifi network is also very fast, so it’s easy to get work done or watch something if you don’t have a book.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#297Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 8/3/22 at 12:10pm

Hey reyannalisa, happy you got to see the show! Can you tell me if they only sell standing room tickets if the performance is sold out? Some shows do it anyways so I wasn't sure. 

InTheBathroom1
#298Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 8/3/22 at 2:16pm

Walked up to the theatre at about noon on Saturday and they had Standing Room although it didn’t appear online to be completely sold out. Only about 4 of us in the back and I just moved to an open seat in the center orchestra at intermission. Standing is a great view too. You don’t miss anything. 

StuffingBway
#299Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 8/13/22 at 1:38pm

Rushed Friday 8/12. Got in line at 6:30. Was 8th in line. By 8 am there were 16 in line. By 9, there were 35 ish. By 9:30 about 60.