pixeltracker

MUSIC MAN Rush Line. Updates and such.- Page 13

MUSIC MAN Rush Line. Updates and such.

jam__18
#300Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 8/26/22 at 12:13pm

I rushed Wednesday, 8/24. I got in line at 6 am and was 9th and 10th in line (my friend and I waited together but only got two tickets overall). The line grew pretty steadily throughout the morning and was around the corner by 8:30 probably? We got awesome tickets for the evening show- orchestra right row N, full view. I had rushed back in January and received partial view, so I was very excited to be able to see the entire stage!

CurtainUpNYC
#301Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 8/27/22 at 6:09pm

I rushed today (8/27) for the matinee and arrived at The Winter Garden at 4.15am and was third in line. By 7, the line grew and by 9.30am, the line went right around the block. I managed to secure Orchestra Row T (seats 22, 24) for $49. So pleased. The show was stellar!

jo
#302Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 8/27/22 at 11:08pm

I've seen some social media posts talking about seeing the show with regular prices...and then coming back to see it again with RUSH tickets for a succeding performance. The show does leave you with an exhilarating feeling. When I asked someone ( who goes to see musicals regularly) how he liked this revival. The reply :" It is exhausting - from cheering for most every number.., Will see it again in the future"

BCfitasafiddle
#303Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 8/28/22 at 2:25pm

I agree. When I saw it in the winter I was on an energy high the whole show and afterwards too. It was was exhilarating and I've never seen an audience so responsive, yet respectful of theatre etiquette. No phones, talking, people entering and exiting. You could tell everyone was feeling lucky to be in the theatre. 

I think I'll re-visit the show in the coming weeks. Could use some of that joy. Has anyone rushed on a Sunday recently? With the box office opening at 12 I'd like to get as much sleep as I can. The die-hard fans getting up at 4 AM for tickets is not the route I plan to take! 

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#304Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 8/28/22 at 3:33pm

My fiancé rushed for us on a Sunday 6 weeks ago. He was first at 5:45, next people 10 mins later, and then no one until closer to 8. So in our experience you could definitely sleep in a little more on a Sunday. 

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#305Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 8/29/22 at 11:42am

People were still buying rush tickets at 1PM yesterday, though I’m not sure if it was because there was an added Actor’s Fund performance.

Andrea7
#306Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 8/31/22 at 8:02pm

I rushed this morning, Wednesday, August 31st.  I got there at 7 am and there were 14 people already in line.  #1 was a professional line sitter.  By 7:30 am there were 19 people and about 25 by 8 am.  That's the tine the line started to grow.  Someone counted around 9:50 and there were 75 people in line.  I have no idea how many tickets they have for rush.  I got seat 103 row P in orchestra.  I recognized 6 of the people in my row from the rush line.  To play it safe you should plan on getting there by 7.  The 3 hours go fast.  

kmissa
#307Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 9/1/22 at 3:39pm

I went around noon yesterday 8/31 and was able to grab rush ticket for 8pm show. I got front row, extreme right, seat 14. Great view and I didn’t miss much. I asked if they had pairs and I think they offered orch u, but I don’t remember the seat numbers. 

PanaroFan111
#308Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 9/2/22 at 12:02pm

I went this past Wed 8/31, i got there at 10:30am and after waiting in line for a half hour, i got an amazing single for the matinee in the right orchestra Row F seat 12  FULL VIEW, i was more than shocked.

jo
#309Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 9/4/22 at 12:32am

The Music Man is going dark again next week!

Hugh Jackman is attending the world premiere of his movie at the Venice Film Festival, Florian Zeller's THE SON, which is screening among the movies considered "In Competition"! After Venice, he is going to the Toronto International Festival for the movie's North American premiere.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ch5IrA8L3Zo/

Good luck to the movie and its cast & creatives!

In case anyone is planning to join the RUSH line next week?

Jo

Updated On: 9/4/22 at 12:32 AM

broadwayTX
#310Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 10/3/22 at 5:06pm

Anyone been recently? I’m heading into town later this week and was planning to rush, curious how early everyone’s been going as the last updates were from about a month ago (yes I’ve read the entire thread… don’t need any drama for asking this question please and thank you!).

Thanks! 

BoringBoredBoard40
#311Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 10/3/22 at 5:12pm

We went last week on a two show day, arrived at 5:30 and were 2nd and 3rd in line (a line sitter was first and had shown up at 4:30!) by the time the box office opened I would say easily more then 50 people were in line, we got four together on right side orchestra from the center aisle

lots of little kids around us lol

bekk99 Profile Photo
bekk99
#312Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 10/5/22 at 11:41am

Got there this morning (Wednesday) a few min before 8 AM, and there were around 22 people in line. By 8:30, another 7-8 had joined (with fairly heavy rain by then). I was offered 2 seats in the last row of the orch for the evening, but I asked if they could do better with singles, and I ended up with orch center right M and O.

scooter9
#313Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 10/5/22 at 11:01pm

I was able to get a rush ticket to today’s matinee at 11:45 AM. So if you don’t get there super early, don’t give up hope! It was a great seat (Orchestra P) and the show was great as well. 

alovingfan Profile Photo
alovingfan
#314Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 10/6/22 at 7:37pm

I got a single rush ticket for yesterdays matinee around 12:15 PM.  Orchestra M.  Terrific seat.

jayd_ml
#315Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 10/12/22 at 11:09am

Got in line for today's rush (double-show Wednesday) around 8:30am. Had about 25-30 people in line ahead of me and about 45 after when I left. I ended up with 2 partial-view box tickets that I'm hoping aren't painfully obstructed, but I'm keeping my expectations low after seeing pictures from A View From My Seat. Either way, I'm happy I even got tickets, considering how nervous I was rolling up to an already-long line.

jo
#316Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 10/12/22 at 11:39am

jayd_ml said: "Got in line for today's rush (double-show Wednesday) around 8:30am. Had about 25-30 people in line ahead of me and about 45 after when I left. I ended up with 2 partial-view box tickets that I'm hoping aren't painfully obstructed, but I'm keeping my expectations low after seeing pictures from A View From My Seat. Either way, I'm happy I even got tickets, considering how nervous I was rolling up to an already-long line."

Hey, It's Hugh Jackman's birthday today (Oct 12) so it should  be a bit special today.

Variety even had a special article to greet him on his birthday!

jayd_ml
#317Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 10/12/22 at 1:25pm

jo said: "Hey, It's Hugh Jackman's birthday today (Oct 12) so it should be a bit special today.

Variety even had a special article to greet him on his birthday!
"

I didn't know that -- that's awesome! Thanks for giving me a lil something extra to look forward to!

Updated On: 10/12/22 at 01:25 PM

broadwayTX
#318Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 10/12/22 at 5:58pm

I rushed on Thursday, Oct 6th and got there around 6:45AM. My friend and I were 2nd and 3rd in line and maybe 3-4 people showed up about 5 minutes later. 

By 8AM only around 10 people were in line and by 9AM 20-30 people. By 9:30AM around 50 people. 

Not sure how many people got tickets - but whoever was first in line annoyed a few people as she had some friends show up and join her at around 9AM and they all got tickets. Bad etiquette, and when confronted they were quite defensive. 

Anyways, the show was great and my seat was technically not obstructed (although I would consider it to be). It was 2nd row orchestra right. Good view just slightly too far to the side to see everything, but I'm not complaining, especially for the price. My two friends got seats together orchestra left and theirs were more obstructed due to the piano on the stage. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#319Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 10/12/22 at 6:32pm

Updated On: 10/13/22 at 06:32 PM

cb4eternity
#320Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 10/12/22 at 10:15pm

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but does the box office sell rush tickets to everyone in line, assuming there are tickets available?  Or do they still hold some tickets back to be sold at regular/premium prices?  Basically, when the box office opens, are all tickets sold in-person for that day at rush prices?

I checked online today a few hours before the evening performance curtain and still saw a number of tickets available at about $250, which was surprising because I thought they would have already been claimed by people in the rush line this morning.

I will be in NY in a few weeks for work, but probably can't make it to the Winter Garden until late afternoon/early evening.  How good would my chances be to score a single rush ticket a few hours before curtain?

impetusofadream86
#321Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 10/14/22 at 5:02pm

cb4eternity said: "I will be in NY in a few weeks for work, but probably can't make it to the Winter Garden until late afternoon/early evening. How good would my chances be to score a single rush ticket a few hours before curtain?"

I too would also like to know the likelihood of  this as I am also going to be in the city for work in Novemeber and don't get off until after 4pm.

ashley0139
#322Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 10/14/22 at 5:09pm

cb4eternity said: "Sorry if this is a dumb question, but does the box office sell rush tickets to everyone in line, assuming there are tickets available? Or do they still hold some tickets back to be sold at regular/premium prices? Basically, when the box office opens, are all tickets sold in-person for that day at rush prices?

I checked online today a few hours before the evening performance curtain and still saw a number of tickets available at about $250, which was surprising because I thought they would have already been claimed by people in the rush line this morning.

I will be in NY in a few weeks for work, but probably can't make it to the Winter Garden until late afternoon/early evening. How good would my chances be to score a single rush ticket a few hours before curtain?
"

They set aside a certain amount. They do not just sell every single available ticket that day.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#323Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 10/14/22 at 5:51pm

cb4eternity said: "I will be in NY in a few weeks for work, but probably can't make it to the Winter Garden until late afternoon/early evening. How good would my chances be to score a single rush ticket a few hours before curtain?"

impetusofadream86: I too would also like to know the likelihood of  this as I am also going to be in the city for work in Novemeber and don't get off until after 4pm.

I revisited the show on Thursday 9/29 and when I was picking up my tickets at 6:30PM a woman approached the other window and scored one rush ticket. I was very surprised.  Perhaps it was a fluke but it can't hurt to try.  

another sloe eyed vamp Profile Photo
another sloe eyed vamp
#324Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 10/17/22 at 5:25pm

Another dumb question - is there a separate line for rush tickets, or is it the same line for rush and full-price tickets?