pixeltracker

Any recent news about The Devil Wears Prada?- Page 2

Any recent news about The Devil Wears Prada?

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#25Any recent news about The Devil Wears Prada?
Posted: 4/19/22 at 10:18am

Could be any number of factors, not just John’s availability. Shaina’s recovering from a positive case and is working on Suffs, and we could probably get more news within the next month or two once rehearsals have started. Casting is probably still being worked out, too, for all we know.  

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#26Any recent news about The Devil Wears Prada?
Posted: 4/19/22 at 12:04pm

brdwybound04 said: "We’re now less than 90 days before this show allegedly starts its out of town Chicago tryout and there’s been no news or even tickets on sale for this… I was told yesterday by the Broadway in Chicago sales manager that this is likely being pushed back by 3 weeks to open early August this year, or to winter 2023, with a spring Broadway opening… and that they’re still trying to work out schedules with the creatives… namely Elton John…"

These are the perils of working with Elton John as a theatre composer. I remember Billy Elliot had issues with his availability too. It's hard to even schedule rehearsals and worksessions when your composer is that busy. (Harvey Fierstein's memoir talks about similar issues with Cyndi Lauper, and it sounds like Stephen Oremus was basically a co-composer without the title.) 

Looking at Elton's tour schedule, he's basically unavailable from Labor Day through Thanksgiving. He's got one date in Chicago in August, but aside from that his August is open. So I imagine they're trying to arrange things so they can get him at a week of rehearsals, then back for 1-2 weeks of performances.

If they want to get this in front of a paying audience before Q4 of 2022, starting previews in August is basically their only window. And that's not even considering Anna Shapiro, Shaina Taub, Kate Weatherhead, and the other key creatives, who all have busy schedules. I've been sort of assuming this will open on Bway Spring 2023, but having time between out of town and NYC is key.

Updated On: 4/19/22 at 12:04 PM

DaveyG
#27Any recent news about The Devil Wears Prada?
Posted: 4/19/22 at 4:18pm

The silence is pretty deafening. Maybe they're pumping the breaks after the first Kevin McCollum/Buena Vista (formerly Fox) stage production on Broadway, "Mrs Doubtfire" turned out to be a dud. They definitely  rushed that one to NY before it was ready. 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
Moreski93
#29Any recent news about The Devil Wears Prada?
Posted: 4/19/22 at 5:15pm

Don't know if anyone else noticed but the Broadway In Chicago website has changed the show logo on their website. Much preferred the old one but anyways a small detail worth noting.

Soozie
#30Any recent news about The Devil Wears Prada?
Posted: 4/19/22 at 5:17pm

A lot of speculation in  recent posts here. The show is cast. Rehearsals start in May. The run in Chicago is as listed. Sir Elton John will be in town for the show, and his tour is coordinated to stop in Chicago at that same time period. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#31Any recent news about The Devil Wears Prada?
Posted: 4/19/22 at 5:23pm

Soozie said: "A lot of speculation in recent posts here. The show is cast. Rehearsals start in May. The run in Chicago is as listed. Sir Elton John will be in town for the show, and his tour is coordinated to stop in Chicago at that same time period."

Excellent. Good to know. Anyone interesting in it aside from the two leads who've been announced?

Soozie
#32Any recent news about The Devil Wears Prada?
Posted: 4/19/22 at 5:25pm

Also, I think tickets go on sale April 28. 

Soozie
#33Any recent news about The Devil Wears Prada?
Posted: 4/19/22 at 5:28pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: 
"Excellent. Good to know. Anyone interesting in it aside from the two leads who've been announced?"

I would be surprised if anyone is going to mention others cast in the show before they are officially announced. 

BrodyFosse123
#34Any recent news about The Devil Wears Prada?
Posted: 4/19/22 at 5:32pm

Moreski93 said: "Don't know if anyone else noticed but the Broadway In Chicago website has changed the show logo on their website. Much preferred the old one but anyways a small detail worth noting."

Any recent news about The Devil Wears Prada?

JasonC3
#35Any recent news about The Devil Wears Prada?
Posted: 4/19/22 at 6:38pm

Wow.  What a graphic design nightmare.  Your eyes don't know where to go, so they just roam over all the elements which are fairly equal in visual weight.

BrodyFosse123
theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#37Any recent news about The Devil Wears Prada?
Posted: 4/22/22 at 10:19am

Dates have been loaded on Ticketmaster. Run is July 19 to August 21 (as previously announced). Tickets go on sale April 28. 

https://www.ticketmaster.com/the-devil-wears-prada-chicago-tickets/artist/2880864?brand=bicartist

BalconyClub Profile Photo
BalconyClub
#38Any recent news about The Devil Wears Prada?
Posted: 4/22/22 at 10:46am

Season Ticket Subscribers to Broadway in Chicago have been able to obtain tickets for several months.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#39Any recent news about The Devil Wears Prada?
Posted: 4/22/22 at 11:06am

So glad to hear this is still on track. I am a huge fan of both the original novel and the film.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#40Any recent news about The Devil Wears Prada?
Posted: 4/22/22 at 11:18am

I am curious about Anna Shapiro's involvement. Sometimes play directors can make a fine transition to musicals...but other times, the results are awful (Pam Mackinnon with Amelie or Dan Sullivan with The Visitor or Kenny Leon with Holler if Ya Hear Me, for example). Anna's Broadway/Steppenwolf work doesn't really scream "I should be directing big-budget musicals" so...we'll see what happens!

Chicago23
#41Any recent news about The Devil Wears Prada?
Posted: 4/22/22 at 11:38am

Does anyone know the "passcode'"for "Devil" to obtain early tickets?

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#42Any recent news about The Devil Wears Prada?
Posted: 4/22/22 at 11:47am

JasonC3 said: "Wow. What a graphic design nightmare. Your eyes don't know where to go, so they just roam over all the elements which are fairly equal in visual weight."

I agree. I get what they are trying to do here but it is never a good idea to obstruct the title of your show in this way. It's counter-productive. 

I am rooting for this show. I loved the original book and aside from the liberties taken I very much like the film adaptation and was always hoping someone, anyone had the good sense to see the musical potential in this particular story. 

...and here we are...

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#43Any recent news about The Devil Wears Prada?
Posted: 4/22/22 at 2:31pm

That's an awful show and I can't imagine that's easy to read from far away. Rethink that. Hope that's no indicator for the direction/design. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#44Any recent news about The Devil Wears Prada?
Posted: 4/22/22 at 2:50pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: “Excellent. Good to know. Anyone interesting in it aside from the two leads who've been announced?"

You can probably workout who's in the cast and guess their roles by zooming in on this photo from the workshop that took place back in December. 

Most excited about Kate Wetherhead. I could only assume she’s playing Emily.

I could see this having the same kind of success as Legally Blonde. Where it’s not really huge when it’s on Broadway, but has almost like a cult following afterwards.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#45Any recent news about The Devil Wears Prada?
Posted: 4/22/22 at 2:58pm

Most curious what moments get musicalized. Streep's character is so played down I don't see her being a big belty kind of songs, but I'm sure that's what we will get. 

I hope there's a song called "Cerulean." 

Soozie
#46Any recent news about The Devil Wears Prada?
Posted: 4/22/22 at 3:42pm

Call_me_jorge said: 
You can probably workout who's in the cast and guess their roles by zooming in on this photo from the workshop that took place back in December.

Most excited about Kate Wetherhead. I could only assume she’s playing Emily.

I could see this having the same kind of success as Legally Blonde. Where it’s not really huge when it’s on Broadway, but has almost like a cult following afterwards.
"

Kate Weatherhead wrote the book, and is not an actor in the production. 

Some cast in the workshop are the same and some have been newly cast since then. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#47Any recent news about The Devil Wears Prada?
Posted: 4/22/22 at 3:48pm

Totally unaware of that fact, and that’s a damn shame.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#48Any recent news about The Devil Wears Prada?
Posted: 4/22/22 at 4:04pm

Call_me_jorge said: "You can probably workout who's in the cast and guess their roles by zooming in on this photo from the workshop that took place back in December."

I can name the two leads, who have already been announced, and Wendy Williams at the top of the picture...no wonder she isn't doing her show anymore 

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#49Any recent news about The Devil Wears Prada?
Posted: 4/22/22 at 4:06pm

fashionguru_23 said: "Call_me_jorge said: "You can probably workout who's in the cast and guess their roles by zooming in on this photo from the workshop that took place back in December."

I can name the two leads, who have already been announced, and Wendy Williams at the top of the picture...no wonder she isn't doing her show anymore
"

Looking like Liana Hunt and Kimiko Glenn are also attached. Nadia DiGiallonardo will MD, as has been announced.

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 4/22/22 at 04:06 PM