pixeltracker

London Cam Mac Sondheim concert with Bernadette, Judi Dench, Staunton et al- Page 2

London Cam Mac Sondheim concert with Bernadette, Judi Dench, Staunton et al

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#25London Cam Mac Sondheim concert with Bernadette, Judi Dench, Staunton et al
Posted: 11/29/22 at 4:05am

https://twitter.com/WhatsOnStage/status/1597506933921316864

to be broadcast by BBC over Christmas

Updated On: 11/29/22 at 04:05 AM

Owen22
#26London Cam Mac Sondheim concert with Bernadette, Judi Dench, Staunton et al
Posted: 11/29/22 at 5:15am

I leave the UK for the US on Dec 18...hoping this premieres before then, but doubt it. I'll be back in March so it's going to be on the BBC iPlayer after that. If you're visiting and you want to watch, you can download the BBC app and just lie and say that you have paid the licence fee (they don't check).

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#27London Cam Mac Sondheim concert with Bernadette, Judi Dench, Staunton et al
Posted: 11/29/22 at 10:13am

Well, it's about time!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

lilpunkin
#28London Cam Mac Sondheim concert with Bernadette, Judi Dench, Staunton et al
Posted: 11/30/22 at 8:53am

The actual Sondheim concert is also coming back to London for a 6-8 week run next year, albeit not with the same cast.

Dylan Smith4
#29London Cam Mac Sondheim concert with Bernadette, Judi Dench, Staunton et al
Posted: 12/31/22 at 1:37pm

Is anyone here in the states able to watch it at all?

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#30London Cam Mac Sondheim concert with Bernadette, Judi Dench, Staunton et al
Posted: 12/31/22 at 2:53pm

If you have a VPN, you can watch it. I’ll download it tonight or tomorrow and watch, like the rest of the people here will do. 

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#32London Cam Mac Sondheim concert with Bernadette, Judi Dench, Staunton et al
Posted: 12/31/22 at 3:47pm

My favorite of all of Sondheim's compositions is "Not A Day Goes By" - as it perfectly encapsulates my feelings for a love I lost long ago. 

What a beautiful rendition from the participants of this Sondheim tribute concert. 

That damn song never fails to reduce me to a sobbing mess of a human. 

RIP Steve. Thank you for sharing your genius with us mere mortals.

Dylan Smith4
#33London Cam Mac Sondheim concert with Bernadette, Judi Dench, Staunton et al
Posted: 12/31/22 at 4:13pm

I don't have a VPN and won't be paying for one. I don't know why Cam-Mac didn't have it broadcast here in the states too. Hopefully, that won't be too far down the line so I guess I will have to wait. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#34London Cam Mac Sondheim concert with Bernadette, Judi Dench, Staunton et al
Posted: 12/31/22 at 4:47pm

lilpunkin said: "The actual Sondheim concert is also coming back to London for a 6-8 week run next year, albeit not with the same cast."

So it will basically be a revue?

steve.sometime
#35London Cam Mac Sondheim concert with Bernadette, Judi Dench, Staunton et al
Posted: 12/31/22 at 5:00pm

There's a website for the show now: https://sondheimoldfriends.com/

Under the title, it says "A Great Big Broadway Show". Is it a hint for a Broadway run?

Jordan Catalano
#36London Cam Mac Sondheim concert with Bernadette, Judi Dench, Staunton et al
Posted: 12/31/22 at 6:15pm

No, it’s a line from “Broadway Baby”, albeit a confusing one for this show. 

Jordan Catalano
#37London Cam Mac Sondheim concert with Bernadette, Judi Dench, Staunton et al
Posted: 12/31/22 at 6:26pm

Links are popping up m, for those who were checking. 

Dylan Smith4
#38London Cam Mac Sondheim concert with Bernadette, Judi Dench, Staunton et al
Posted: 12/31/22 at 6:35pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Links are popping up m, for those who were checking."

Where can I find these? Could you PM me any of them? 

Jordan Catalano
CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#40London Cam Mac Sondheim concert with Bernadette, Judi Dench, Staunton et al
Posted: 12/31/22 at 7:13pm

The concert with Bernadette and others made sense to call Old Friends. If Cameron is remounting it without names the title doesn’t really make sense anymore.

sng
#41London Cam Mac Sondheim concert with Bernadette, Judi Dench, Staunton et al
Posted: 12/31/22 at 7:40pm

can i get a link to this slime pls

Dylan Smith4
#42London Cam Mac Sondheim concert with Bernadette, Judi Dench, Staunton et al
Posted: 12/31/22 at 9:43pm

Just finished watching. OMG! Thank god I had tissues because I cried multiple times! This was so beautiful! One number after the other, I was just BLOWN AWAY by this all-star cast! Judi Dench's "Send In The Clowns" almost killed me! Also, Bernadette Peters stunned me especially with her "Children Will Listen" as she's the OG witch! Just overall, this was just the ultimate Sondheim tribute! I hope Cameron produces an all-star production of this on Broadway! I would kill to see Patti LuPone do "Ladies Who Lunch" or "Rose's Turn" again! 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
musicismylifeee
#44London Cam Mac Sondheim concert with Bernadette, Judi Dench, Staunton et al
Posted: 1/1/23 at 2:03pm

could anyone share a link please?

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#45London Cam Mac Sondheim concert with Bernadette, Judi Dench, Staunton et al
Posted: 1/1/23 at 2:36pm

WOW ~ such a gorgeous tribute concert!heart

The arrangement for Being Alive is absolutely stunning 

https://twitter.com/ShaunTossell/status/1609287844819869699 London Cam Mac Sondheim concert with Bernadette, Judi Dench, Staunton et al

heart

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 1/1/23 at 02:36 PM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#46London Cam Mac Sondheim concert with Bernadette, Judi Dench, Staunton et al
Posted: 1/1/23 at 9:08pm

Stephen Sondheim's Old Friends BBC broadcast – cast, line-up and running order revealed

https://www.whatsonstage.com/london-theatre/news/sondheim-old-friends-bbc-broadcast-cast-songs_58083.html

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#47London Cam Mac Sondheim concert with Bernadette, Judi Dench, Staunton et al
Posted: 1/2/23 at 2:46pm

Aw, no Assassins, that's always left out. Why?

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#48London Cam Mac Sondheim concert with Bernadette, Judi Dench, Staunton et al
Posted: 1/2/23 at 2:53pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "Aw, no Assassins, that's always left out. Why?"

Assassins, Road Show/Bounce, and Pacific Overtures are almost always left out of Sondheim retrospectives, which is sad –– and especially infuriating when they include GYPSY and WEST SIDE.

Assassins is kind of a "downer" and most of those numbers might not do well out of context...but Sweeney is a similar problem and people still do those in concert! Road Show is sometimes viewed as secondary Sondheim. And Pacific is tough if they haven't cast a wide range of AAPI actors.

Dylan Smith4
#49London Cam Mac Sondheim concert with Bernadette, Judi Dench, Staunton et al
Posted: 1/2/23 at 3:35pm

Man, Bernadette's entrance made everyone in that audience go CRAZY! It makes me happy how adored she is in London!

Videos