pixeltracker

Plaza Suite Lottery ticket updates

Plaza Suite Lottery ticket updates

Mahi
#1Plaza Suite Lottery ticket updates
Posted: 3/5/22 at 5:59am

Hi friends - wanted to start a thread to track if anyone won plaza suite lottery tickets and what kind of seats are they giving out. I have been applying since it opened up and no luck so far. Please share your experiences. Thanks!

Updated On: 3/5/22 at 05:59 AM

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#2Plaza Suite Lottery ticket updates
Posted: 3/5/22 at 9:24am

Posted this in the other thread but will put it here for reference.

I was sat in the balcony (fine) and the tickets were marked partial view (maybe fine). The issue is that the part of my view obstructed was the bedroom/bathroom which made a large majority of the show feel like a radio play as I stared at the wall and back of lights. For Act 1 I probably saw 75% of the show. Act 2 was played mostly outside the bedroom so I saw about 90%. Act 3 is where I was screwed. I'd say I saw about 25% of the show because there is so much played on the very side of the stage. Avoid A22 in the balcony if at all possible...even at $39. They're selling A18 marked as partial view for $79 which I find outrageous. If I was more invested in the show I might have cared more about how little of it I saw.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

Mahi
#3Plaza Suite Lottery ticket updates
Posted: 3/6/22 at 8:03am

ClydeBarrow said: "Posted this in the other thread but will put it here for reference.

I was sat in the balcony (fine) and the tickets were marked partial view (maybe fine). The issue is that the part of my view obstructed was the bedroom/bathroom which made a large majority of the show feel like a radio play as I stared at the wall and back of lights. For Act 1 I probably saw 75% of the show. Act 2 was played mostly outside the bedroom so I saw about 90%. Act 3 is where I was screwed. I'd say I saw about 25% of the show because there is so much played on the very side of the stage. Avoid A22 in the balcony if at all possible...even at $39. They're selling A18 marked as partial view for $79 which I find outrageous. If I was more invested in the show I might have cared more about how little of it I saw.
"

Thanks for the update. I agree that the actual pricing for partial view is ridiculous but I am surprised to hear that lottery tickets aren't good either. I do want to see this so will keep checking if any last min tix are for grabs.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#4Plaza Suite Lottery ticket updates
Posted: 3/6/22 at 6:51pm

Avoid the right side (even numbered seats) of the theatre as the bathroom set is on that side so as described above, you’ll see 25% of Act 3 of the play.  The best side to sit is on the left (odd numbered seats) as that is where the room entrance door is so you’ll miss their Act entrances but you’ll see the play in full, including all of Act 3.

UncleCharlie
#5Plaza Suite Lottery ticket updates
Posted: 3/7/22 at 7:19pm

I've done digital rush/lottery for 3 or 4 shows at the Hudson and they ALWAYS stick you (or at least they've always stuck me) in those last few seats in Row A of the balcony. For Burn This and American Utopia, it wasn't that bad. For Sea Wall/A Life, it was absolutely horrendous. Sounds like the same for this show.

@z5
#6Plaza Suite Lottery ticket updates
Posted: 3/7/22 at 7:38pm

I don't get the complaining for a $39 ticket to something that's worth a whole lot more...seats might not be great, but you're still getting an insane deal. 

FWIW I bit the bullet and paid $200 for a great seat a few hours before curtain and it was totally worth it. Highly recommend the play!

Also, in the past I did lottery at the Hudson for Burn This and got a good orch seat and Sea Wall I was first row Dress Circle. I think it's really luck of the draw with them overall. With this might be harder because of how well it's selling.

DCNY
#7Plaza Suite Lottery ticket updates
Posted: 3/8/22 at 7:58am

@z5 said: "I don't get the complaining for a $39 ticket to something that's worth a whole lot more...seats might not be great, but you're still getting an insane deal."

Because a lot of Broadway theaters--I'd actually venture to say most--exhibit great respect to the rush lottery concept and its winners and give you a great seat. For some shows that's in the first few rows or another very good orchestra suite. Sometimes the better selling the show is, the more generous they are. Then there's the approach of treating those looking for a deep discount through the lottery as second class and giving them some of the worst seats in the house. I've scored tons of lottery seats, and they've almost never been crappy, the only exception being on a touring production outside of NYC. So if I hit the lottery and they stick me in a bad seat even if its heavily discounted, its definitely something to complain about!

Mahi
#8Plaza Suite Lottery ticket updates
Posted: 3/8/22 at 8:08am

DCNY said: "@z5 said: "I don't get the complaining for a $39 ticket to something that's worth a whole lot more...seats might not be great, but you're still getting an insane deal."

Because a lot of Broadway theaters--I'd actually venture to say most--exhibit great respect to the rush lottery concept and its winners and give you a great seat. For some shows that's in the first few rows or another very good orchestra suite. Sometimes the better selling the show is, the more generous they are. Then there's the approach of treating those looking for a deep discount through the lottery as second class and giving them some of the worst seats in the house. I've scored tons of lottery seats, and they've almost never been crappy, the only exception being on a touring production outside of NYC. So if I hit the lottery and they stick me in a bad seat even if its heavily discounted, its definitely something to complain about!

"

Agree with that 100%. All depends on "who" decided that it is OK to give crappy tickets for rush. Most shows have first row or orchestra seats for rush and lottery and worth the wait/repeated attempts to try and win. If $79 is face value for a crap seat then offering it on rush for $49 is definitely not a "deal".

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#9Plaza Suite Lottery ticket updates
Posted: 3/8/22 at 8:16am

For those of you complaining about lottery seats... there is an up front message on TodayTix on the lottery entry page that LITERALLY says...

Please note that Lottery/Special Offer tickets may be partial view. Also, Lottery/Special offer tickets that are purchased together may be seated separately.

By entering the lottery, you are accepting the fact that you very well may get a partial view seat. And as for it not being a "deal"... it's $20 off the face value of the ticket, so technically it IS a "deal". You are getting last minute seats at a discounted rate. You are not entitled to the best seats in the house. Sure, some theatres and shows may offer better seats than others for rush/lotteries than others. The theatre and shows are under no obligation to give you great seats for heavily discounted rates. If you want to be guaranteed a nice full view, then buy a full price ticket, don't play the lottery. Just me two cents.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#10Plaza Suite Lottery ticket updates
Posted: 3/8/22 at 10:57am

Just so that everyone can get down from their high horses, there is a larger issue at hand. My problem is that the direction and design caused to a big chunk of seats to be partial view. The sides of the orchestra, such as P10, are listed as partial view and they're charging $129! As I said in my original post, the seat next to me was $79 in the balcony and marked partial view. This could have easily been corrected from the beginning if a majority of the action wasn't performed to the extreme side of the stage. It's less about offering lottery seats at a discount only to see a portion of the show and more about what comes across as a cash grab for seats that shouldn't be sold in the first place.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

eurydice3
#11Plaza Suite Lottery ticket updates
Posted: 3/9/22 at 1:34pm

My seat is Balc Row F Seat 10. Sold as full view. I'm kind of stuck since I bought through TodayTix. Should I try to resell and get a different seat somewhere more center? Thoughts? 

Mahi
#12Plaza Suite Lottery ticket updates
Posted: 3/9/22 at 6:55pm

eurydice3 said: "My seat is Balc Row F Seat 10. Sold as full view. I'm kind of stuck since I bought through TodayTix. Should I try to resell and get a different seat somewhere more center? Thoughts?"

You can try for a last minute ticket if you want to get better seats. I'll apply again in April since I am traveling for next 6 weeks, and will buy a last minute ticket if lottery is not working for me. I really wanna see SJP perform.

Lumiere2 Profile Photo
Lumiere2
#13Plaza Suite Lottery ticket updates
Posted: 4/5/22 at 12:04pm

It's been almost a month since the last update on this - has anyone else managed to win the lottery? I'm a bit worried because unless I win the lottery, the next cheapest advance ticket is $100+ after fees, and I simply can't afford that.

Alternatively - does the box office offer cancellations or other day-of discounts close to curtain? I really don't care where the seat is - I'd rather be in a partial view seat instead of not seeing the show at all.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#14Plaza Suite Lottery ticket updates
Posted: 4/5/22 at 12:21pm

I enter every day and haven’t won. Plaza Suite Lottery ticket updates

Lumiere2 Profile Photo
Lumiere2
#15Plaza Suite Lottery ticket updates
Posted: 4/17/22 at 2:53pm

Bumping this again - still haven't won and would really like to see the show. I'm coming in next week for my last possible trip before the show closes in early July.

Asking again for any leads: does the box office offer cancellations or other day-of discounts close to curtain time? Doesn't matter where the seat is - I'd rather be in a partial view seat instead of not seeing the show at all.

But the ticket has to be less than the now-minimum $140 most performances are charging (or the advance price of $180 for a PARTIAL VIEW SEAT? That's crazy.)

MidnightRadio Profile Photo
MidnightRadio
#16Plaza Suite Lottery ticket updates
Posted: 4/17/22 at 3:18pm

I found the day of performance, mid-week shows generally drop price significantly close to showtime, the partial view seats generally go down to 89/99, the balcony seats generally go down to about 69/79. Dress circle lowest go to 149, but the partials on the side go to 99. They never seem to discount on the weekend.

On a stroke of luck tho, on the last night SJP performed before she got covid and Matthew was already out; I lost the lottery but got an email immediately after offering me tickets for $69, but didnt find out the seat till you got to the box office. I got Row B, dead centre in the dress circle. These seats can go for up to 499! Wonder if this was a one off but hope they continue to offer more lotto loser seats!

Hope this helped a little!

Mahi
#17Plaza Suite Lottery ticket updates
Posted: 4/18/22 at 7:50pm

MidnightRadio said: "I found the day of performance, mid-week shows generally drop price significantly close to showtime, the partial view seats generally go down to 89/99, the balcony seats generally go down to about 69/79. Dress circle lowest go to 149, but the partials on the side go to 99. They never seem to discount on the weekend.

On a stroke of luck tho, on the last night SJP performed before she got covid and Matthew was already out; I lost the lottery but got an email immediately after offering me tickets for $69, but didnt find out the seat till you got to the box office. I got Row B, dead centre in the dress circle. These seats can go for up to 499! Wonder if this was a one off but hope they continue to offer more lotto loser seats!

Hope this helped a little!
"

Thanks for the feedback. Good to know that the "did not win tickets offer" can be better seats as well. I had skipped last time as 69 bucks are normally last row as per seating/sales map. Will give this a shot.

Updated On: 4/19/22 at 07:50 PM

Mahi
#18Plaza Suite Lottery ticket updates
Posted: 6/11/22 at 8:18pm

Still not won yet. If anyone does win extra tickets and wants to sell let me know! Thanks. 

MCW1227 Profile Photo
MCW1227
#19Plaza Suite Lottery ticket updates
Posted: 6/12/22 at 4:36am

I know it’s a bit more money but the balcony seats at the Hudson are very good except for a few of the far left and right seats. If you can, spend the extra $ and buy a $79 ticket(weeknight)  at the box office. It is well worth it. 

Be Kind

Mahi
#20Plaza Suite Lottery ticket updates
Posted: 6/12/22 at 8:46am

MCW1227 said: "I know it’s a bit more money but the balcony seats at the Hudson are very good except for a few of the far left and right seats. If you can, spend the extra $ and buy a $79 ticket(weeknight) at the box office. It is well worth it."

Ah thanks. Let me book them.

MCW1227 Profile Photo
MCW1227
#21Plaza Suite Lottery ticket updates
Posted: 6/12/22 at 9:52am

If you book online, they’ll hit you with fees. If you have a chance to look at the Hudson theater seating chart, https://us.atgtickets.com/Online/mapSelect.asp?BOset::WSmap::seatmap::performance_ids=06065833-0B09-48CD-9462-79C62AA2B81F&_ga=2.111443970.742991041.1655041732-1634485618.1655041732, and go to the box office in person, focus on the left or right sections but seats that are closer to the center section, it’s a good seat for this play at a reasonable price.  

Be Kind

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#22Plaza Suite Lottery ticket updates
Posted: 6/15/22 at 11:24am

Found it surprising that Plaza Suite is on TKTS for todays matinee $122-$146.

Is this first time on the board?

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.
Updated On: 6/15/22 at 11:24 AM

Mahi
#23Plaza Suite Lottery ticket updates
Posted: 6/15/22 at 11:36am

Huss417 said: "Found it surprising that Plaza Suite is on TKTS for todays matinee $122-$146.

Is this first time on the board?
"

Interesting. They were definitely not on tkts and I checked day before.

MCW1227 Profile Photo
MCW1227
#24Plaza Suite Lottery ticket updates
Posted: 6/15/22 at 2:03pm

I read that Matthew was sick last night and that McGrath had to finish the play. I’m guessing he’s out today 

Be Kind