News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Girl From the North Country to be filmed- Page 3

Girl From the North Country to be filmed

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#50Girl From the North Country to be filmed
Posted: 2/12/24 at 1:33pm

Are there any updates on if/when/where this is being released?

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

willep
#51Girl From the North Country to be filmed
Posted: 2/12/24 at 2:19pm

I keep wondering about this one as well.

Updated On: 2/12/24 at 02:19 PM

Sammy232
#52Girl From the North Country to be filmed
Posted: 2/12/24 at 3:21pm

Brave Sir Robin2 said: "Are there any updates on if/when/where this is being released?"

I wonder if this is suffering from the same issue that Waitress had? I think the Weisslers assumed they'd be able to sell it to one of the streamers and no one was interested. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#53Girl From the North Country to be filmed
Posted: 2/12/24 at 3:30pm

It's unusual that NORTH COUNTRY has both a 'proshot' (filmed in 2022) and a feature film in development simultaneously.

For the feature film, there hasn't been a peep for more than a year now, so perhaps we just assume it's dead until we hear otherwise. They're at the mercy of Woody Harrelson, Olivia Colman, and Chloe Bailey's schedules.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#54Girl From the North Country to be filmed
Posted: 7/24/24 at 8:39am

I just got an email that this will play in cinemas in UK & Ireland this November. 

Link

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#55Girl From the North Country to be filmed
Posted: 7/24/24 at 9:05am

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "For the feature film, there hasn't been a peep for more than a year now, so perhaps we just assume it's dead until we hear otherwise. They're at the mercy of Woody Harrelson, Olivia Colman, and Chloe Bailey's schedules."

It's possible this project might've been affected by last year's Hollywood strikes.

thoroughlymodernbilly
#56Girl From the North Country to be filmed
Posted: 7/24/24 at 9:44am

I don't remember which interview exactly, but Olivia was asked about "Girl from the North Country" back in March while she was promoting "Wicked Little Letters." At the time, she said she didn't know the status of the film, although she hoped it would work out. So I'm guessing it's been delayed indefinitely or scrapped altogether. 

willep
#57Girl From the North Country to be filmed
Posted: 7/24/24 at 9:48am

Jordan Catalano said: "
I justgot an email that this will play in cinemas in UK & Ireland this November.

Link
"

Ohhhh I hope that means we will see it here in the States sometime!

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#58Girl From the North Country to be filmed
Posted: 7/24/24 at 9:52am

Keep an eye on Great Performances next season…

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#59Girl From the North Country to be filmed
Posted: 7/24/24 at 9:54am

Well hopefully since it’s getting that UK theatrical release this Fall, we see it over here in some form around then. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#60Girl From the North Country to be filmed
Posted: 7/24/24 at 10:08am

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "It's unusual that NORTH COUNTRY has both a 'proshot' (filmed in 2022) anda feature film in development simultaneously."

I believe a Come From Away film was in development until it was silently scrapped after the proshot was released on AppleTV. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

TalksAboutBruno Profile Photo
TalksAboutBruno
#61Girl From the North Country to be filmed
Posted: 7/24/24 at 11:15am

Any updates about the film adaptation that was announced last year?

"Lentils are one thing..."

Videos