pixeltracker

Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?- Page 15

Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?

StardustsChild Profile Photo
StardustsChild
#350Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 10/20/22 at 8:59pm

VintageSnarker said: "TheatreMonkey said: "Ah, yes -- but they can go with the alternative lyrics supplied by Mr. Sondheim, quoting dark hair -- sartorial problems solved!"

Are these alternate lyrics available anywhere? I'm just curious what changes he made.
"

Unsure if these are the official alternate lyrics or not, but I've seen regional productions that used "buried sweetly in your raven hair".

"Life is already so dark. If you have got the talent to make it brighter and bring people hope & joy, why would you withhold that?"

Robbie516
#351Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 10/20/22 at 10:54pm

Does anyone remember if Groban had an alternate during The Great Comet?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#352Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 10/20/22 at 10:56pm

Not an alternate, but Scott Stangland was Groban's standby. He had some planned days off throughout his run.

Oh look, a bibu!

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#353Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 10/21/22 at 1:57am

StardustsChild said: "Unsure if these are the official alternate lyrics or not, but I've seen regional productions that used ‘buried sweetly in your raven hair.’”

I’ve heard raven replace yellow before, too. I don’t remember how they changed the wigmaker bit, though.

tthomas76 Profile Photo
tthomas76
#354Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 10/21/22 at 12:03pm

I was wondering if the box office would be open when I’m out there in mid January.  Any ideas? 

halfhourcheckwithmerman
#355Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 11/9/22 at 12:02pm

Still nothing re: cast, huh?

"I feel safe with you, and complete with you / I'm always finding money in the street with you." -Sheldon Harnick

Observation
#356Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 11/9/22 at 12:09pm

Are there any rumors as to who else was seen for Lovett? 

yyys
#357Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 11/9/22 at 12:13pm

There is a sign on the door when I walked past it last weekend.. i don't remember the date but it's in early January.

tthomas76 said: "I was wondering if the box office would be open when I’m out there in mid January. Any ideas?"

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#358Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 11/9/22 at 12:52pm

Observation said: "Are there any rumors as to who else was seen for Lovett?"

I seriously doubt Ashford had to audition, since she is a Tony winner and has played many principal roles on Broadway at this point. I would assume that most of the principals were simply offered their roles with no audition, as often happens (for better or worse). Earlier in the thread it was reported that offers had gone out to several "name" Broadway actors for the supporting parts, i.e. Patrick Page for Judge Turpin, Michaela Diamond for Johanna (who has a working relationship with Groban already). I don't think they even bothered having an EPA. I expect that the show is mostly cast now and that the full cast will be announced soon.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#359Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 11/9/22 at 12:57pm

Like most shows, I’d like to think we’ll find out the full cast on their first day of rehearsal. 

Oh look, a bibu!

halfhourcheckwithmerman
#360Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 11/9/22 at 2:34pm

Thanks!

"I feel safe with you, and complete with you / I'm always finding money in the street with you." -Sheldon Harnick

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#361Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 11/9/22 at 3:15pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Like most shows, I’d like to think we’ll find out the full cast on their first day of rehearsal."

Anyone know when that would be?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#362Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 11/9/22 at 3:34pm

FANtomFollies said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "Like most shows, I’d like to think we’ll find out the full cast on their first day of rehearsal."

Anyone know when that would be?
"

I saw January 11 on a casting call, but I don’t know if the date has shifted since that was posted. 

Oh look, a bibu!

halfhourcheckwithmerman
#363Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 11/16/22 at 5:20pm

Rumor has been posted on another thread that the Beggar Woman is a Tony Winner from the past decade. Ruthie Ann Miles has been mentioned a few times... 

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#364Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 12/6/22 at 3:09pm

I just went ahead and purchased a full priced seat for the second preview. I am really looking forward to this but I still wish that somehow Lonnie Price could have directed this.

Just give the world Love.

aliceripleyofficial Profile Photo
aliceripleyofficial
#365Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 12/6/22 at 4:57pm

Friend is going in for Anthony this week

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#366Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 12/6/22 at 4:58pm

Wish we would get some news on the supporting cast sooner than later.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

halfhourcheckwithmerman
#367Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 12/6/22 at 5:05pm

My guess is, if they're going at all big on supporting cast, they'll want to do one big announcement with everybody. And if aliceripleyofficial's friend is going for Anthony this week, that might delay matters (although that also might mean they're not going big on supporting -- but maybe aliceripleyofficial's friend is Tom Holland). 

halfhourcheckwithmerman
#368Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 12/6/22 at 5:06pm

And agreed about Price. So glad we have his Sweeney filmed, it's just fabulous. A near-perfect production. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#369Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 12/6/22 at 8:04pm

aliceripleyofficial said: "Friend is going in for Anthony this week"

I heard offers are out for Anthony and Johanna both with Broadway credits

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#370Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 12/6/22 at 8:24pm

Robbie2 said: "aliceripleyofficial said: "Friend is going in for Anthony this week"

"

Could still be auditioning for ensemble and covers.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#371Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 12/6/22 at 8:53pm

ACL2006 said: "Robbie2 said: "aliceripleyofficial said: "Friend is going in for Anthony this week"

"

Could still be auditioning for ensemble and covers.
"

100%

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#372Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 12/7/22 at 8:35am

Robbie2 said: "ACL2006 said: "Robbie2 said: "aliceripleyofficial said: "Friend is going in for Anthony this week"

"

I thought Matt Doyle was reprising his Anthony for this production? Maybe he got a TV role or something.

Could still be auditioning for ensemble and covers."

100%"

MadsonMelo
#373Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 12/7/22 at 9:54pm

I didn't see Doyle in 2018, so I would love him to comeback!

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#374Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
Posted: 12/14/22 at 9:38am

Jordan Fisher as Anthony

Gaten Matarazzo as Tobias

Ruthie Ann Miles as Beggar Woman

Maria Bilbao as Johanna

Jamie Jackson as Judge Turpin

John Rapson as Beadle Bamford

Nicholas Christopher as Pirelli, s/b for Sweeney

Jeanna De Waal as s/b Lovett, Beggar Woman

Instagram post for reference.