pixeltracker

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - Reviews & News Thread- Page 2

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - Reviews & News Thread

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#25A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/8/22 at 6:20am

Considering the older audience this show is aiming towards, they should switch up their schedule and do Thursday matinees come January. I noticed the weeknight shows have the best availability while matinees appear to have the highest ticket prices.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

inception Profile Photo
inception
#26A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/8/22 at 8:16am

With the audience who is actually willing to pay full price for shows getting older,  more shows should probably just make most performances  matinees.  Maybe keep Friday & Saturday evening performances, but have Tues-Thurs & Sun as matinees.  They could probably do away with Wed evenings entirely.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#27A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/8/22 at 9:39am

It made me happy to see so many older people enjoying the music so much.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#28A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/8/22 at 10:03am

inception said: "With the audience who is actually willing to pay full price for shows getting older, more shows should probably just make most performances matinees. Maybe keep Friday & Saturday evening performances, but have Tues-Thurs & Sun as matinees. They could probably do away with Wed evenings entirely."

Only certain shows should do a 4 matinee/4 evening schedule. Shows like Six, Book of Mormon, Wicked, Lion King, etc. appeal to younger audiences and bank on the 5 show weekend.

A show like this should do Wed/Thur/Sat/Sun matinees and Tue/Wed/Fri/Sat evenings.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

spicemonkey
#29A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/12/22 at 11:30am

Has anyone seen this show with lottery tickets. Wondering what the seat location like

Robstriker
#30A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/12/22 at 11:41am

I won the Lottery on Nov 9th at 8pm. It was Orchestra Row O Seat 19. When I arrived with my e ticket it wouldnt scan and they told me to go to the box office. I gave them my ID and they printed out a physical ticket and wrote on the back of the ticket in Black Magic Marker Orch BB103. Which was an upgrade to first row center. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#31A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/16/22 at 5:44pm

Overheard at the matinee today -

- Way too many wrappers being opened

- The word “butterscotch” twice.

- Four cell phones ringing 

- “This is music from back when they used to let white people sing”

- “This is the best show I’ve ever seen in my life”

…and one fart. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#32A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/16/22 at 5:48pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Overheard at the matinee today -

…and one fart.
"

I will never not love your reviews, Jakey. Thanks for the good laugh this afternoon. 

Oh look, a bibu!

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#33A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/22/22 at 7:38pm

Nick Fradiani is making his Broadway principal debut tonight as Neil Diamond — Then. Break legs!

Oh look, a bibu!

JSquared2
#34A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/22/22 at 11:05pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Nick Fradiani is making his Broadway principal debut tonight as Neil Diamond — Then. Break legs!"

Where are you getting this from?  Will was in the show tonight.  Starting tomorrow, Nick will be doing Weds evening shows.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#35A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/22/22 at 11:25pm

JSquared2 said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "Nick Fradiani is making his Broadway principal debut tonight as Neil Diamond — Then. Break legs!"

Where are you getting this from? Will was in the show tonight. Starting tomorrow, Nick will be doing Weds evening shows.

"

My apologies - ‘twas an accidental post from the show’s Instagram earlier today. He will be on tomorrow though. 

Oh look, a bibu!

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#36A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/23/22 at 7:16am

…and one fart.
"

I-

Wow. Nuff said.

And huh who knew Taylor Swift was black?

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#37A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/23/22 at 7:30am

…and one fart.
"

LMAO - as if I couldn’t love you even more you go and post this! *DEAD*

BETTY22
#38A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/23/22 at 9:12am

This show is turning out to be the HIT of the season. Over $1 MILLION each week.....almost double Some Like It Hot grosses at a smaller theater. 

I'm going next week. 

RWPrincess
#39A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/23/22 at 4:18pm

Saw this last weekend and it was a full house. I grew up listening to Neil's music because my parents always played it. I knew most of the songs but there were some surprises too. I went with a much older friend and she knew everything right down to the concert outfits.

I liked the frame of looking at Neil's life through the lens of therapy sessions. Real Neil even has a letter included in the Playbill talking about how this all came to be. I won't spoil it but the opening few minutes are pretty cool so pay very close attention to Neil and the therapist. There was an understudy on for older Neil when I went and he seemed fine. My favorite numbers were America, Cracklin' Rosie and I Am, I Said. I didn't enjoy Sweet Caroline as much because of the sing along. I agree that should be saved for the ending only. The girl next to me was also dancing in her seat the entire show so I had to contend with her singing and constantly bumping into me.

Will is incredible and I hope he gets a much deserved Tony win from this. Robyn Hurder is also a standout. The ensemble reminded me a little bit of Jagged Little Pill in that I don't always think they're necessary but, they're also not very distracting either. Sets were ok. The orchestra is set up similar to Tina. I'll see this again as I know my parents want to see it.

JSquared2
#40A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/23/22 at 6:37pm

BETTY22 said: "This show is turning out to be the HIT of the season. Over $1 MILLION each week.....almost double Some Like It Hot grosses at a smaller theater.

I'm going next week.
"

It's been only 2 full weeks of performances, so you're a bit early to be proclaiming it the "hit of the season". SUMMER had similar grosses at the start of its run. It remains to be seen whether it has legs once all of the superfans see it.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#41A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/23/22 at 6:40pm

The weeknight shows have been up at TKTS, but usually between $109-$124 per ticket. There's lots of availability in the winter, so I wonder if a discount code will pop up soon.

bwaylyric Profile Photo
bwaylyric
#42A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/24/22 at 12:40am

Just like SJB in Cher Show and Adrienne in Tina, Swenson is the reason to see this latest bio musical. He is exceptional in the role. His Holly Holy gave me goosebumps. 
I found the chorus to be very distracting and unnecessary. I wish they were used more as background singers (literally) than what came off to me as Inside Out extras. Some of the choreography did not fit the tone of the scenes.  When those hands appeared during “hands, touching hands” lyrics, I just thought WTF. 

theaterdude2
#43A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/24/22 at 7:12am

ADVICE PLEASE: I bought very expensive tickets over a month ago to the show this coming Wed night, never thinking that Will would be out. I've got a jam-packed week of shows already planned but I won't see the show without Will. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to exchange for another day or night, possibly needing to move another show's date to do so? 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Please don't @me about how great understudies and standbys are - I know and I respect them. Seeing Will was a big reason for us to see this, and we're coming in from out of town.

Jordan Catalano
#44A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/24/22 at 8:05am

Was it already announced that he wouldn’t be performing Wednesday nights when you bought the tickets? If not, then you could exchange them. 

theaterdude2
#45A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/24/22 at 8:42am

Thanks for the reply Jordan and Happy Thanksgiving.

To answer your question  no, it was just announced yesterday that Will wouldnt be doing Wed nights. It's really unfair that they aren't giving more notice since I bought these tix in good faith and never imagined that Will wouldnt be performing on a Wed night.  I also spent more $ than I ever would on this show, since that's all that was available where we wanted to sit and we are coming in from out of town. Since I'm out of town and can't go to the BO, do you think Telecharge will do it for me? And would they swap it with another one of my shows that was also purchased through Telecharge? All my dates are already booked. What a mess. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#46A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/24/22 at 9:28am

It was announced in September that Will wouldn't be doing Wednesday evenings. The Playbill article clearly states that:

https://playbill.com/article/will-swenson-to-lead-broadways-a-beautiful-noise-the-neil-diamond-musical

Nick Fradiani as Alternate Neil Diamond-Then. Swenson will play a schedule of seven performances per week with Fradiani stepping in for Wednesday evening performances. 

It is also mentioned on the show's website that Will will not be doing Wednesday evenings.

PLEASE NOTE

Beginning 11/23- Will Swenson will play a schedule of seven performances per week with Nick Fradiani playing Neil Diamond – Then during the Wednesday evening performances.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#47A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/24/22 at 10:08am

The main issue with the alternate schedule is that there's no notation when you're looking at a Wednesday evening performance on Telecharge. Normally, there will be an alert in red that says something along the lines of "so-and-so will not be performing." It's been listed on the "Event Overview" for months, but, if you go directly to "Buy Tickets," you'll miss it. I get that Will Swenson isn't an above-the-title star for this show, but reviews for him in this role are strong, and there should be more transparency.

Jordan Catalano
#48A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/24/22 at 10:10am

So then I would call telecharge and say there was no notation on the listing that the lead would be absent the day you purchased your ticket. If that doesn’t work, hang up and call back and say you have Covid and try to exchange. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#49A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 11/24/22 at 10:31am

theaterdude2 said: "Thanks for the reply Jordan and Happy Thanksgiving.

To answer your question no, it was just announced yesterday that Will wouldnt be doing Wed nights. It's really unfair that they aren't giving more notice since I bought these tix in good faith and never imagined that Will wouldnt be performing on a Wed night. I also spent more $ than I ever would on this show, since that's all that was available where we wanted to sit and we are coming in from out of town. Since I'm out of town and can't go to the BO, do you think Telecharge will do it for me? And would they swap it with another one of my shows that was also purchased through Telecharge? All my dates are already booked. What a mess.
"

Yes, Telecharge will probably do an exchange for you over the phone. Read my and Jordan's previous posts, and call customer service at (212) 239-6210.