pixeltracker

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - Reviews & News Thread- Page 5

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - Reviews & News Thread

Alessio2
#100A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 12/6/22 at 4:34pm

I usually like to see all new musicals on Broadway but based on all the reviews and opinions here, I am not inclined to pay Broadway prices and may wait to see it on tour instead.  Other than that sweet Caroline song, I don't know his music at all

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#101A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 12/6/22 at 4:57pm

I'm hesitant to buy a ticket even though I'm a big Neil Diamond, but those prices are outrageous.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#102A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 12/6/22 at 5:01pm

The company will perform from the show on Good Morning America on Thursday. 

Oh look, a bibu!

Jarethan
#103A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 12/6/22 at 5:35pm

ACL2006 said: "I think it comes down to whether this will be the next Cher Show/Summer or the next Beautiful or Mamma Mia."

No way it is going to be a Mamma Mia, Beautiful.  Between them, they probably averaged 3,500 performances.  Beautiful is lucky if it gets 350.  

I wish people would start focusing more on new musicals instead of these things.  I would have enjoyed Will Swenson performing a Neil Diamond tribute show to the show that opened.  

I would imagine that the success / failure ratio is no better for these bio-juke box musicals than for new musicals.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#104A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 12/8/22 at 12:12pm

Will Swenson and the company performing "Sweet Caroline" on GMA this morning:

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/culture/video/beautiful-noise-cast-performs-sweet-caroline-gma-94761209

Oh look, a bibu!

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#105A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 12/8/22 at 12:21pm

After this and the Macy's Parade performance I think I have seen all I need to see of "A Beautiful Noise". YIKES! 

Lola Getz2 Profile Photo
Lola Getz2
Leisie93
#107A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 12/8/22 at 9:17pm

Bill Snibson said: "After this and the Macy's Parade performance I think I have seen all I need to see of "A Beautiful Noise". YIKES!"

Me watching the GMA performance:

Will: Where it began, I can’t begin to know where.

Me: What’s the problem?

Will: Spring became the summer

Me: Ok, the facial expressions are a little weird, but it’s not that bad. What are people compl—

Will: Touching hands

Me: Dear. God.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#108A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 12/8/22 at 9:20pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "Will Swenson and the company performing "Sweet Caroline" on GMA this morning:

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/culture/video/beautiful-noise-cast-performs-sweet-caroline-gma-94761209
"

Bad... so Bad so Bad looks like something from a college production! That choregraphy, seriously? I give it a couple of months but gone by next summer possibly sooner unless the oldies decide on it being the next jersey boys.

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 12/8/22 at 09:20 PM

Bill Snibson
#109A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 12/8/22 at 9:34pm

Leisie93 said: "Bill Snibson said: "After this and the Macy's Parade performance I think I have seen all I need to see of "A Beautiful Noise". YIKES!"

Me: Ok, the facial expressions are a little weird, but it’s not that bad. What are people compl—

"

Hahahaha! Exactly! 

“What if when he sings touching hands…a few hands appear from behind the couch? And touch him!”

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#110A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 12/9/22 at 9:00am

I went straight to Google to find out who cheorographed this show. Even the "Cracklin Rosie" number in the afteroon on GMA3 wasn't greatly done either. The ensemble seemed like they were told they couldn't dance outside of an imaginary box on the floor. So weird.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#111A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 12/9/22 at 11:32am

EDSOSLO858 said: "Will Swenson and the company performing "Sweet Caroline" on GMA this morning:

"

What FRESH hell was this? I love Will Swenson, but baby this is NOT it. 

I get that this is boomer catnip that will print money for a little while, but the fact that this will go on when inventive new shows like A STRANGE LOOP and KPOP struggle and flame out really grinds on me. 

I've seen pretty much everything that's opened this fall and this is probably the only one I will go out of my way to avoid.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Lola Getz2 Profile Photo
Lola Getz2
#112A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 12/9/22 at 12:19pm

fashionguru_23 said: "Even the "Cracklin Rosie" number in the afteroon on GMA3 wasn't greatly done either. The ensemble seemed like they were told they couldn't dance outside of an imaginary box on the floor. So weird."

Where is the video of THAT? I can't seem to find it, even on HULU. Please link! 

Bill Snibson
Lola Getz2 Profile Photo
Lola Getz2
#114A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 12/9/22 at 4:58pm

Thanks, Bill. I think...

OMG!

BETTY22
#115A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 12/9/22 at 6:02pm

GMA, GMA3 and now NIGHTLINE.

Wow. Who is the publicist for this show. 

Bill Snibson
#116A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 12/9/22 at 6:25pm

Lola Getz2 said: "Thanks, Bill. I think...

OMG!
"

I probably needed to add a "trigger warning" haha YIKES!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#117A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 12/9/22 at 6:38pm

fashionguru_23 said: "I went straight to Google to find out who cheorographed this show. Even the "Cracklin Rosie" number in the afteroon on GMA3 wasn't greatly done either. The ensemble seemed like they were told they couldn't dance outside of an imaginary box on the floor. So weird."

Come on, they are obviously performing on a much smaller stage than The Broadhurst. I saw the show and the Cracklin' Rose number was more spread out. Of course they had to scale the numbers down for TV.

The night I saw it, the crowd ate it up.  Not everything is for everybody and I am sure they know who their audience is going to be. I am not the biggest fan of all of his music but I heard it growing up and had a good time at the show and came out humming a few of the songs.

As far as the other inventive new shows mentioned, maybe their publicists/PR teams aren't targeting the right demographic or doing it in the right way. On opening night of this show, there were three people that I counted, probably one or two more downstairs, filming the audience from every angle from the aisles at curtain call. And they got that out and all over in less than 24 hours.

Just give the world Love.

RWPrincess
#118A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 12/9/22 at 10:53pm

Cracklin' Rosie is staged differently at the Broadhurst. Will is on a moving platform across the stage and the ensemble is more spread out. He's supposed to be performing at The Bitter End. I actually think they should do Cracklin' Rosie for these press appearances instead of Sweet Caroline. Or he should sing You Don't Bring Me Flowers with Robyn Hurder and skip the ensemble.

TheatreMonkey Profile Photo
TheatreMonkey
#119A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 12/10/22 at 12:55am

Bill Snibson said: "Leisie93 said: "Bill Snibson said: "After this and the Macy's Parade performance I think I have seen all I need to see of "A Beautiful Noise". YIKES!"

"

Hahahaha! Exactly!

“What if when he sings touching hands…a few hands appear from behind the couch? And touch him!”

"

Both numbers have very ...hands-forward choreography! For those who have seen it, what's with the ensemble being dressed in white pajamas for "Sweet Caroline"? I know the framing device is a therapy session between Old Neil and his psychologist, but is that number set in a day room of a mental ward, with the ensemble magically appearing from behind the sofa as patients-cum-inner voices of Neil?! I kinda jumped when the first set of hands burst forth...and then keep appearing and appearing...

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#120A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 12/10/22 at 7:16am

Bill Snibson said: "Here's the link to "Cracklin' Rosie"

https://youtu.be/xYdPu8MHRKg
"

They should have at least prepped the audience on the set-up for the number. 

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#121A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 12/10/22 at 12:08pm

FYI, Nick is on for Neil - Then for the matinee.

johnnybravo
#122A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 12/11/22 at 3:21am

ACL2006 said: "I'm hesitant to buy a ticket even though I'm a big Neil Diamond, but those prices are outrageous."

As a Neil Diamond fan who went with another Neil Diamond fan, my suggestion is to save your money and your time. The show is terrible.

IHateusicals

johnnybravo
#123A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 12/11/22 at 3:25am

Robbie2 said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "Will Swenson and the company performing "Sweet Caroline" on GMA this morning:

"

Bad... so Bad so Bad looks like something from a college production! That choregraphy, seriously? I give it a couple of months but gone by next summer possibly sooner unless the oldies decide on it being the next jersey boys.
"

My spouse said "community theater." I thought the hands coming up from behind the couch reminded of The Muppet Show and couldn't stop cracking up. It's all just so stupid

IHateusicals

johnnybravo
#124A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 12/11/22 at 3:51am

uncageg said: "fashionguru_23 said: "I went straight to Google to find out who cheorographed this show. Even the "Cracklin Rosie" number in the afteroon on GMA3 wasn't greatly done either. The ensemble seemed like they were told they couldn't dance outside of an imaginary box on the floor. So weird."

Come on, they are obviously performing on a much smaller stage than The Broadhurst. I saw the show and the Cracklin' Rose number was more spread out. Of course they had to scale the numbers down for TV.

The night I saw it, the crowd ate it up. Not everything is for everybody and I am sure they know who their audience is going to be. I am not the biggest fan of all of his music but I heard it growing up and had a good time at the show and came out humming a few of the songs.

As far as the other inventive new shows mentioned, maybe their publicists/PR teams aren't targeting the right demographic or doing it in the right way. On opening night of this show, there were three people that I counted, probably one or two more downstairs, filming the audience from every angle from the aisles at curtain call. And they got that out and all over in less than 24 hours.

"

Smaller stage? Crowd ate it up? These are pretty sad defenses. The show is laughable and when they've run through the Neil Diamond fans in the tri-state area, it will close. And the world will be a better place.

IHateusicals