pixeltracker

Jeremy Jordan starring in Hallmark’s “Hanukkah on Rye”

Jeremy Jordan starring in Hallmark’s “Hanukkah on Rye”

Islander_fan
#1Jeremy Jordan starring in Hallmark’s “Hanukkah on Rye”
Posted: 12/18/22 at 9:23pm

I was channel surfing just now and came across this, I believe this is Hallmark Channel’s first Hanukkah movie.Like most Hallmark holiday movies, it falls into the bad but good category. This is the summary I found:

A matchmaker connects two deli owners during Hanukkah, but their new romance gets put to the test when they realize they’re competing against each other. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Jeremy Jordan starring in Hallmark’s “Hanukkah on Rye”
Posted: 12/18/22 at 9:41pm

They had a really cute Hanukkah film last year too with Ben Savage. But thanks for the heads up on this one!!

Wayman_Wong
#3Jeremy Jordan starring in Hallmark’s “Hanukkah on Rye”
Posted: 12/19/22 at 2:31am

Here's a story in which Jeremy Jordan talks about growing up Jewish in a ''diverse household'' and how he's ''very excited'' to tackle this role in ''Hanukkah on Rye.''

Jordan and Yael Grobglas play rival deli owners in a story that's been described as a ''Jewish version of 'You've Got Mail' (or 'She Loves Me' ).'' Co-stars Lisa Loeb.

It re-airs tonight (Mon., Dec. 19) at 10 p.m., EST, on the Hallmark Channel.

https://www.southernliving.com/jeremy-jordan-hanukkah-on-rye-hallmark-6944539

Updated On: 12/19/22 at 02:31 AM

Wayman_Wong
#4Jeremy Jordan starring in Hallmark’s “Hanukkah on Rye”
Posted: 12/19/22 at 2:49am

Here's a brief trailer for ''Hanukkah on Rye'' on the Hallmark Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RQcXS-1nko

taragel2
#5Jeremy Jordan starring in Hallmark’s “Hanukkah on Rye”
Posted: 12/19/22 at 11:54am

They also had a good Hannukah one last year or year before with Inbar Lavi and Jake Epstein: Eight Nights of Hannukah https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16282114/

I watch all the Hallmark movies with Broadway leads. I found this one pretty well done and charming. Jeremy was great as was Yael Grobglas (Petra from Jane the Virgin), and I guess they didn't have Jeremy sing since they had Lisa Loeb on board for a cameo/song (missed opportunity IMO). Checked out A Holiday Spectacular with Derek Klena and Ginna Claire Mason earlier this month too, which wasn't quite as good, though impressive of Hallmark to do a period piece/Rockettes collaboration. Also missed the opportunity to have them sing, which makes no sense to me!

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#6Jeremy Jordan starring in Hallmark’s “Hanukkah on Rye”
Posted: 12/19/22 at 11:59am

It's also streaming on Peacock. I'm calling it "You've Got Mohel."

Islander_fan
#7Jeremy Jordan starring in Hallmark’s “Hanukkah on Rye”
Posted: 12/19/22 at 1:05pm

TaffyDavenport said: "It's also streaming on Peacock. I'm calling it "You've Got Mohel.""

One question, in the end does the mohel get to keep the tip? 

Or only if he does a good job? 

Updated On: 12/19/22 at 01:05 PM

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#8Jeremy Jordan starring in Hallmark’s “Hanukkah on Rye”
Posted: 12/19/22 at 3:00pm

TaffyDavenport said: "It's also streaming on Peacock. I'm calling it "You've Got Mohel.""

I've seen "Hanukkah on Rye" described as "Jewve Got Mail"

SporkGoddess
#9Jeremy Jordan starring in Hallmark’s “Hanukkah on Rye”
Posted: 12/19/22 at 4:29pm

It always bothers me when that plot setup is attributed to You've Got Mail and not its source material, Parfumerie. Anyway, super excited to see Jeremy Jordan! 

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!
Updated On: 12/19/22 at 04:29 PM

Money_baby
#10Jeremy Jordan starring in Hallmark’s “Hanukkah on Rye”
Posted: 12/20/22 at 7:51pm

This one was cute. Jeremy is good in these Hallmark movies. He has his tongue planted just firmly enough in his cheek that he makes it fun. Did anyone see the Hallmark movie where he portrayed twins? That was a good one as well.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#11Jeremy Jordan starring in Hallmark’s “Hanukkah on Rye”
Posted: 12/20/22 at 11:38pm

I'll go on record to state that I don't like lifetime/hallmark movies...at all. This was no exception .

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#12Jeremy Jordan starring in Hallmark’s “Hanukkah on Rye”
Posted: 12/20/22 at 11:44pm

I’ll watch it tomorrow. I didn’t realize Jeremy was a member of the tribe so that makes me happy. Also, I’m calling this movie “Jewsies”.

Wayman_Wong
#13Jeremy Jordan starring in Hallmark’s “Hanukkah on Rye”
Posted: 12/21/22 at 2:39am

Many people find comfort in how familiar and formulaic Hallmark/Lifetime movies can be, which is why they make so many of them. But I'm happy they're recruiting more Broadway talent and giving them paychecks and wider exposure.

Updated On: 12/21/22 at 02:39 AM

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#14Jeremy Jordan starring in Hallmark’s “Hanukkah on Rye”
Posted: 12/21/22 at 5:24am

taragel2: I watch all the Hallmark movies with Broadway leads. I found this one pretty well done and charming. Jeremy was great as was Yael Grobglas (Petra from Jane the Virgin), and I guess they didn't have Jeremy sing since they had Lisa Loeb on board for a cameo/song (missed opportunity IMO). Checked out A Holiday Spectacular with Derek Klena and Ginna Claire Mason earlier this month too, which wasn't quite as good, though impressive of Hallmark to do a period piece/Rockettes collaboration. Also missed the opportunity to have them sing, which makes no sense to me!

I really enjoyed A Holiday spectacular.  I thought they did a great job with the fashion and it was fun to see Ann Margaret as the old rockette.  Carolyn McCormick and Byron Jennings were especially good as her parents. And Eve Plumb as Derek Klena’s mom working as the butcher’s (Stephen De Rosa) wife! Just loved it. 

Updated On: 12/21/22 at 05:24 AM

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#15Jeremy Jordan starring in Hallmark’s “Hanukkah on Rye”
Posted: 12/23/22 at 11:14am

If you like this kind of thing then Hulu has "Menorah in the Middle" streaming, which could have been a Hallmark movie, but it's a bit better than their typical programming

UWS10023 Profile Photo
UWS10023
#16Jeremy Jordan starring in Hallmark’s “Hanukkah on Rye”
Posted: 12/23/22 at 4:19pm

The cutest Hallmark movie this year was Three Wise Men and a Baby. The 2022 Hallmark movies got a slight infusion of originality in the writing department. Actors also seemed to be having more fun. TV Guide commented on this as well. Some higher up showed some smarts.

RWPrincess
#17Jeremy Jordan starring in Hallmark’s “Hanukkah on Rye”
Posted: 12/23/22 at 4:41pm

This is Hallmark's third Hanukkah stand alone movie, not first.

Last year they had Eight Gifts of Hanukkah with Jake Epstein and Inbar Levi and in 2020 they had Love, Lights, Hanukkah with Ben Savage, Mia Kirshner, and Marilu Henner. They also had a few combined Christmas/Hanukkah movies over the years: Hitched for the Holidays, Double Holiday, and A Holiday Date.

In terms of Broadway talent, A Holiday Spectacular starred Derek Klena and Gina Claire Mason this year and Beth Leavel was in Ghosts of Christmas Always. Jonathan Bennett was in The Holiday Sitter. Lifetime has also had some theater talent this year too.

I loved Hanukkah On Rye but I also loved last year's Eight Gifts of Hanukkah.

UWS10023 Profile Photo
UWS10023
#18Jeremy Jordan starring in Hallmark’s “Hanukkah on Rye”
Posted: 12/25/22 at 12:25am

Just saw Hanukkah on Rye and thought it was cute. The leads worked well together. I just read an article that rated the 2022 Hallmark movies best to worst. The Wise Men movie I mentioned earlier was number 1 and Hanukkah on Rye was number 4.