Patti Lupone Takes Over TV

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#1Patti Lupone Takes Over TV
Posted: 12/24/22 at 1:37pm

To play herself once again over and over. She is a wonderful singer, but as an actress, she just plays herself. 

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-
Updated On: 12/24/22 at 01:37 PM

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#2Patti Lupone Takes Over TV
Posted: 12/24/22 at 2:11pm

Thank you so much for your input! We’ll be sure to relay this to her team.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

muscle23ftl
#3Patti Lupone Takes Over TV
Posted: 12/24/22 at 2:14pm

IdinaBellFoster said: "Thank you so much for your input! We’ll be sure to relay this to her team."

haha, good one!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Nicticorax
#4Patti Lupone Takes Over TV
Posted: 12/24/22 at 2:16pm

Many of my favorite musical theatre performers pretty much just play themselves all the time. A person's unique quirks and idiosyncrasies are often what make them memorable and garner them a devoted fanbase.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#5Patti Lupone Takes Over TV
Posted: 12/24/22 at 2:39pm

Patti LuPone is a remarkable actress. If you don’t like her don’t watch, she doesn’t care about your opinion and neither do any of us.

muscle23ftl
#6Patti Lupone Takes Over TV
Posted: 12/24/22 at 6:03pm

TotallyEffed said: "Patti LuPone is a remarkable actress. If you don’t like her don’t watch, she doesn’t care about your opinion and neither do any of us."

If you didn't care, you wouldn't comment and she doesn't care about my or your opinion BTW. She doesn't care about anyone's opinion, otherwise she wouldn't trash dressing rooms and be mean to staff all the time.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#7Patti Lupone Takes Over TV
Posted: 12/24/22 at 6:12pm

muscle23ftl said: "TotallyEffed said: "Patti LuPone is a remarkable actress. If you don’t like her don’t watch, she doesn’t care about your opinion and neither do any of us."

If you didn't care, you wouldn't comment and she doesn't care about my or your opinion BTW. She doesn't care about anyone's opinion, otherwise she wouldn't trash dressing rooms and be mean to staff all the time.
"

So she’s mean but you’re fine with broadcasting your negative opinion of her on the internet when actually you could have just kept it to yourself.

Nicticorax
#8Patti Lupone Takes Over TV
Posted: 12/24/22 at 6:13pm

If this thread is just your excuse to vent about Patti Lupone, you could have at least led with that instead of pretending you actually wanted to have a discussion about her acting.

JasonC3
#9Patti Lupone Takes Over TV
Posted: 12/24/22 at 6:27pm

Twas the night before Christmas

and nothing had changed

On so many threads

some comments ... deranged

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#10Patti Lupone Takes Over TV
Posted: 12/24/22 at 6:28pm

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#11Patti Lupone Takes Over TV
Posted: 12/24/22 at 7:02pm

muscle23ftl said: "TotallyEffed said: "Patti LuPone is a remarkable actress. If you don’t like her don’t watch, she doesn’t care about your opinion and neither do any of us."

"

So is this opinion based on ever having worked with her? I'm assuming not.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#12Patti Lupone Takes Over TV
Posted: 12/24/22 at 8:20pm

I for one very much anticipate her appearance on Agatha: Coven of Chaos... that **** is gonna be CAMP.

Islander_fan
#13Patti Lupone Takes Over TV
Posted: 12/25/22 at 1:22am

Huss417 said: "muscle23ftl said: "TotallyEffed said: "Patti LuPone is a remarkable actress. If you don’t like her don’t watch, she doesn’t care about your opinion and neither do any of us."

"

"

Well, during her time in War Paint, she tried to (extremely unsuccessfully) get an usher, a former friend/coworker of mine fired. 

Impeach2017 Profile Photo
Impeach2017
#14Patti Lupone Takes Over TV
Posted: 12/25/22 at 9:32am

Islander_fan said: "Huss417 said: "muscle23ftl said: "TotallyEffed said: "Patti LuPone is a remarkable actress. If you don’t like her don’t watch, she doesn’t care about your opinion and neither do any of us."

"

"

Well, during her time in War Paint, she tried to (extremely unsuccessfully) get an usher, a former friend/coworker of mine fired.
"

I'm interested in what your "former friend/coworker" did to invoke the ire of the Queen!  

Islander_fan
#15Patti Lupone Takes Over TV
Posted: 12/25/22 at 12:42pm

My co worker was in the mezzanine during a performance of War Paint, he left for the bathroom, came back and noticed that his door was slightly propped open. So he closed it. Few min later, a woman came back to go to her seat. Turns out, that she left for the bathroom while he was gone, doorstop fell down when she opened the door and the door was open till my friend returned. He closed it, thought nothing of it and went about his shift. 

The next day, I was with him upstairs and the house manager was walking around doing his usual pre show greetings to all the ushers. He told my friend friend about LuPone wanting whoever the usher was that had the door open to be fired and demanded to know who it was. House manager said that of course he didn’t tell her who it was and that he’d never throw any of his ushers under the bus for any reason. We just rolled our eyes and laughed and chalked it up to this being a “Patti being Patti” moment and when on with our day. 

Quinn Wilson
#16Patti Lupone Takes Over TV
Posted: 3/8/24 at 9:54pm

Islander_fan said: "My co worker was in the mezzanine during a performance of War Paint, he left for the bathroom, came back and noticed that his door was slightly propped open. So he closed it. Few min later, a woman came back to go to her seat. Turns out, that she left for the bathroom while he was gone, doorstop fell down when she opened the door and the door was open till my friend returned. He closed it, thought nothing of it and went about his shift.

The next day, I was with him upstairs and the house manager was walking around doing his usual pre show greetings to all the ushers. He told my friend friend about LuPone wanting whoever the usher was that had the door open to be fired and demanded to know who it was. House manager said that of course he didn’t tell her who it was and that he’d never throw any of his ushers under the bus for any reason. We just rolled our eyes and laughed and chalked it up to this being a “Patti being Patti” moment and when on with our day.
"

Lea Michele did worse and she’s working in musical theatre. This doesn’t seem that bad in comparison, tho Patti shouldn’t treat staff or audience like that. 

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#17Patti Lupone Takes Over TV
Posted: 3/8/24 at 11:41pm

Saw Patti tonight in her new show, a life in notes.  It was fine, the first act was her signing pop songs that related to her early days. Second act she opened with On Broadway, sang her usual standards, sang a song as a tribute to the aids victims, did some love songs from three different decades, and then did ready to begin again, and Forever young by Bob Dylan.  I wonder what she’s doing next. 

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#18Patti Lupone Takes Over TV
Posted: 3/9/24 at 12:23am

She was incredible, and genuinely chilling, in Beau Is Afraid. One of the greatest pure villain performances in a genre film in ages. Like a praying mantis, she was all cold sex and malice.

Videos