pixeltracker

Jeffrey Seller's Home in Architectural Digest

Jeffrey Seller's Home in Architectural Digest

JasonC3
#1Jeffrey Seller's Home in Architectural Digest
Posted: 2/6/23 at 4:37pm

For those who like to see how people of means live.  Quite the handsome space.  I'd happily reside there.

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#2Jeffrey Seller's Home in Architectural Digest
Posted: 2/6/23 at 10:49pm

Updated On: 2/7/23 at 10:49 PM

TheatreMonkey Profile Photo
TheatreMonkey
#3Jeffrey Seller's Home in Architectural Digest
Posted: 2/6/23 at 11:04pm

VernonGersch said: "how utterly tone deaf in this guy? such an obnoxious display of self importance. specifically in this ver fragile time for theater.

I don't know him but this makes him look like a real pr*ick
"

It's in Architectural Digest, not the Equity Audition listings.

I guess, for myself, I've always expected such producers to live well...very well. While I'm not excusing any number of changes producers need to make to their ethics and standards, I guess I'm not surprised they still live in luxury. For all of this talk of Broadway being a business and shows have to make financial sense, shouldn't surprise that a big time producer has the money to match.

BorisTomashevsky
#4Jeffrey Seller's Home in Architectural Digest
Posted: 2/6/23 at 11:27pm

He continues to give work to hundreds of artists not just in the US but in plenty of other countries.

And hey, he gave a lot of work to artists of varying types, or bought their designs, in the renovation and styling of his home. 

He’s been making money since RENT. No one should be surprised that he can live however and wherever he pleases. He can flaunt whatever he likes, in my book. He’s earned it. 

Updated On: 2/6/23 at 11:27 PM

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#5Jeffrey Seller's Home in Architectural Digest
Posted: 2/6/23 at 11:35pm

VernonGersch said: "how utterly tone deaf in this guy? such an obnoxious display of self importance. specifically in this very fragile time for theater."

I'm usually not one to defend the rich, but I think it's sort of unfair to pin that on him. Let's not forget which producer we're talking about here: he produced Hamilton. Hamilton probably paid for this home, and Hamilton is still going strong. And now he's working on Sweeney Todd, which is also poised to do well at the box office.

I think it would be more tasteless if, let's say, he was the producer of a show that's currently struggling to stay afloat; if he were flaunting his wealth while his employees were frightened for their jobs. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#6Jeffrey Seller's Home in Architectural Digest
Posted: 2/7/23 at 12:12am

Are you guys fvcking serious? He GIVES money and he GETS money. Everything he has is EARNED. Stop being such FVCKING haters

Updated On: 2/7/23 at 12:12 AM

JasonC3
#7Jeffrey Seller's Home in Architectural Digest
Posted: 2/7/23 at 4:37am

I would never have posted this if I thought Sellers would be attacked. Given the monies he has, this home hardly struck me as over-the-top.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#8Jeffrey Seller's Home in Architectural Digest
Posted: 2/7/23 at 5:41am

One person attacked, and then realized he overreacted so deleted his post. Sheesh.

Its quite understated and lovely....but yikes. SEVEN floors? No need of a gym!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#9Jeffrey Seller's Home in Architectural Digest
Posted: 2/7/23 at 8:00am

The whole home looks like an upscale therapist’s office. 

BalconyClub Profile Photo
BalconyClub
#10Jeffrey Seller's Home in Architectural Digest
Posted: 2/7/23 at 8:38am

I like the subtle use of earth tones used throughout the space, and I especially like that some of the walls are blank.

One blank wall in any room is restful.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#11Jeffrey Seller's Home in Architectural Digest
Posted: 2/7/23 at 12:13pm

CarlosAlberto said: "Are you guys fvcking serious? He GIVES money and he GETS money. Everything he has is EARNED. Stop being such FVCKING haters"

100% bb. The jealousy is deeeeep with this one. Not everyone struggles and live in a studio. Jesus Christ.

What a gorgeous home and incredibly well earned. Bravo. 

sinister teashop Profile Photo
sinister teashop
#12Jeffrey Seller's Home in Architectural Digest
Posted: 2/7/23 at 1:06pm

Personally I think the culture is due for a break from anxieties about home décor in any shape or form. After years of the pandemic and Zoom and Instagram images it would be nice to take a long long break from worrying about what your futzing walls look like.

Updated On: 2/7/23 at 01:06 PM

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#13Jeffrey Seller's Home in Architectural Digest
Posted: 2/7/23 at 5:31pm

It looks like Vernon thought better of his comment and deleted it. The piling on is rather bizarre.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#14Jeffrey Seller's Home in Architectural Digest
Posted: 2/7/23 at 10:18pm

JasonC3 said: "Given the monies he has, this home hardly struck me as over-the-top."

Yes, there are other producers (some with even less money than Seller) who have tried to fashion their homes after Versailles. Seller's aesthetic is understated considering his net worth, which is a totally valid personal choice.

Nice house!

RUkiddingme
#15Jeffrey Seller's Home in Architectural Digest
Posted: 2/8/23 at 12:39am

I think the man should have whatever he wants.

What struck me about the photos was that every inch of space was filled with something expensive designed by someone famous.  Would it hurt him to go to Bed Bath & Beyond once and buy something under $30 dollars!?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#16Jeffrey Seller's Home in Architectural Digest
Posted: 2/8/23 at 10:57am

Why should he?  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.