News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

New Hadestown Casting

PipingHotPiccolo
#25New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 8/23/23 at 6:09pm

Well said. Delusional to EXPECT him to leave the show, valid to wonder why he hasnt given his many other pursuits and the 5+ years hes been doing this, and certainly valid to want to see someone else in the role. 

Solea is out again today both shows.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#26New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 8/23/23 at 6:40pm

ACL2006 said: "FYI, Solea is out tonight."

Solea is/was out for both shows today. Does she have COVID? Odd for a new cast member to already miss performances during their second week.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

B212323
#27New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 8/23/23 at 9:54pm

ACL2006 said: "ACL2006 said: "FYI, Solea is out tonight."

Solea is/was out for both shows today. Does she have COVID? Odd for a new cast member to already miss performances during their second week.
"

Most likely - it's running rampant through all the shows. 

aftp302
#28New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 8/26/23 at 9:16pm

PipingHotPiccolo said: "Well said. Delusional to EXPECT him to leave the show, valid to wonder why he hasnt given his many other pursuits and the 5+ years hes been doing this, and certainly valid to want to see someone else in the role.

Solea is out again today both shows.
"

I've been wanting to see YaYa  as Eurydice for months, do we think they'll be doing Eurydice for at least a few more days?  They used to post it on IG ahead but it

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#29New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 8/26/23 at 9:57pm

Alex Lugo played Eurydice for both shows today.

FYI, Yaya is leaving the show soon. Grace Yoo was brought back this weekend to cover her old track. 7 swings were on today. Tara Jackson & Yaya were on as Fates while all 5 "Workers" were swings (Sojourner Brown, Tanner Ray Wilson, Grace Yoo, Eddie Noel Rodriguez & Brandon Cameron)

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.
Updated On: 8/26/23 at 09:57 PM

aftp302
#30New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 8/27/23 at 2:15am

ACL2006 said: "Alex Lugo playedEurydice for both shows today.

FYI, Yaya is leaving the show soon. Grace Yoo was brought back this weekend to cover her old track. 7 swings were on today. Tara Jackson & Yaya were on as Fates while all 5 "Workers" were swings (Sojourner Brown, Tanner Ray Wilson, Grace Yoo, Eddie Noel Rodriguez & Brandon Cameron)
"

I've wanted to see Yaya as Eurydice for months now. They used to post to IG ahead of time for any appearances, but they closed their IG and maybe Eva wasn't taking much time off either. Now Yaya is leaving in 2 weeks. Any ideas when they will be doing Eurydice?  Will they be on for Solea this week?  Close enough to do a day trip but some advance notice helps.

the.hard.part Profile Photo
the.hard.part
#31New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 8/27/23 at 9:52am

Solea posted a few days ago that she had a minor injury and would be out this week - not sure who is covering though.

perfectpenguin
#32New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 8/27/23 at 10:03am

the.hard.part said: "Solea posted a few days ago that she had a minor injury and would be out this week - not sure who is covering though."

Yaya and Alex Lugo. Both already mentioned. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#33New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 8/27/23 at 10:30am

the.hard.part said: "Solea posted a few days ago that she had a minor injury and would be out this week - not sure who is covering though."

At least it's not COVID. Makes you wonder why everyone was out though.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#34New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 8/27/23 at 8:27pm

ACL2006 said: "the.hard.part said: "Solea posted a few days ago that she had a minor injury and would be out this week - not sure who is covering though."

At least it's not COVID. Makes you wonder why everyone was out though.
"

Today there were only four swings on. Tara and Yaya on as Fates with Grace Yoo and Tanner Ray Wilson on as Workers.

mirayong
#35New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 9/1/23 at 11:03am

I'm  not a big fan of Reeve I prefer Nick Barasch.

Mini Militia App Lock

Updated On: 11/12/23 at 11:03 AM

PipingHotPiccolo
#36New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 9/1/23 at 5:39pm

Is Solea back?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#37New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 9/1/23 at 5:42pm

PipingHotPiccolo said: "Is Solea back?"

Yes.

Apparently they had to bring in Max Kumangia the other night to cover Hades as Tom was out and the two covers were also out.

Updated On: 9/1/23 at 05:42 PM

spicemonkey
#38New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 9/1/23 at 6:55pm

so Grace Yoo is still with the show 

thought she departed

how about Sayo Oni 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#39New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 9/1/23 at 7:08pm

Grace Yoo left in early July and is now officially back in the show. Sayo Oni is not back yet. Tara Jackson is back only as a temporary replacement. Yaya's last show is Sunday as well. Don't know who the new swings are coming in next week.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#40New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 9/5/23 at 9:43am

Does anyone know how long Betty is expected to stay with the show, or whether she has any planned absences?

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#41New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 9/5/23 at 5:03pm

anyone seeing Boykin & Betty Who tonight?

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#42New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 9/5/23 at 5:07pm

I really want to see Betty, Solea, and Phillip. I just need Reeve to be out so I can see literally anyone else.

I was wondering if he had a vacation coming or something and my friend said he just got back from one so I was like UGH

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#43New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 9/5/23 at 11:52pm

Any Betty and Phillip reports from tonight?

Oh look, a bibu!

Voter Profile Photo
Voter
#44New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 9/7/23 at 9:34am

It sounds like Betty’s run will be until first week of January. 

There are like 3 other people called Voter on here, FYI. Deleted comment count: 12

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#45New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 9/7/23 at 2:02pm

Saw the matinee yesterday. I’ve seen Hadestown twice before, both times pre-pandemic. Honestly, I had no plans on seeing it without Amber Grey but once they announced Betty Who, I know it was time for a visit to the underground. 

Betty was very, very good. Their singing and comedic timing are fantastic. Their acting in the book scenes was a bit wooden, but I have no doubt they’ll become even stronger in the weeks to come. Overall, it’s a very strong performance. And their new costumes and that wig are incredible! 

Phillip had a great voice and a commanding stage presence. He had great chemistry with Betty as well. 

Solea was fantastic. This was my first time seeing her and I have no doubt we will be seeing much more from her in the future. 

Lillias was decent, but I think she was a bit sick. She was coughing a lot and was honestly pretty low energy.

I have been a Reeve apologist from the beginning. I thought he was giving a very committed performance and didn’t understand why people disliked him. With that being said, it is time for him to go. He strains to even speak and his singing voice doesn’t even sound like him anymore. He does this weird thing where he is straining, singing out of the side of his mouth and he has his eyes closed. He was a giant sore spot from a really great new cast. 

All in all, Hadestown is in great shape! Also, if anyone is curious about stage door, everyone but Lillias came out quite quickly and they couldn’t have been nicer.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#46New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 9/7/23 at 9:45pm

New tour casting announced.

Amaya Braganza, Will Mann, Lana Gordon, More to Join Cast of Hadestown Tour

https://www.playbill.com/article/amaya-braganza-will-mann-lana-gordon-more-to-join-cast-of-hadestown-tour?fbclid=IwAR2tSo2K9V3c4yOGR0IbzzBkbiHGMg-80i0qCYXVNplzlTEZBjHmGLU7QMk

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#47New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 9/28/23 at 12:56pm

The new Broadway cast appeared on the Today Show this morning and performed "Livin' It Up On Top":

https://www.today.com/video/broadway-s-hadestown-cast-performs-living-it-up-on-top-193975365977

Oh look, a bibu!

jvoom Profile Photo
jvoom
#48New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 9/28/23 at 10:07pm

Does anyone know how long Betty is expected to stay with the show, or whether she has any planned absences?

I'm not sure exactly when Betty is due to leave, but I do know the next Persephone is already locked in. I would love to catch Betty before then, having seen Jewelle (and Maria-Christina on tour) 

hearthemsing22
#49New Hadestown Casting
Posted: 9/29/23 at 9:55am

jvoom said: "

I'm not sure exactly when Betty is due to leave, but I do know the next Persephone is already locked in. I would love to catch Betty before then, having seen Jewelle (and Maria-Christina on tour)
"

How do y'all know casting news so early??

Videos