pixeltracker

Meghann Fahy returning to Broadway alongside an “Apple Drama Hottie”

Meghann Fahy returning to Broadway alongside an “Apple Drama Hottie”

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1Meghann Fahy returning to Broadway alongside an “Apple Drama Hottie”
Posted: 9/2/23 at 12:33pm

From deuxmois lips to gods ears, god I hope she returns to broadway. Anyone got info on what the show/role she’d be playing is? 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 9/2/23 at 12:33 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#2Meghann Fahy returning to Broadway alongside an “Apple Drama Hottie”
Posted: 9/2/23 at 12:52pm

She'd better have a massive co-star because, box office wise, I think she'd mean even less than Leslie Odom Jr in Purlie. But looking through the guys who might be best known for an Apple TV show (as opposed to a Marvel movie), none of them would set the box office ablaze... Luke Evans? Taron Egerton? David Oyelowo? Joel Kinnaman? Justin Theroux? Lee Pace? Jack Lowden? Charlie Hunnam? Billy Crudup allegedly has his Broadway return set, and has been in 2 Apple shows, but I wouldn't call him a "hottie."

Could this be the Rebecca Frecknall production of STREETCAR with a new cast?

Robbie516
RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#4Meghann Fahy returning to Broadway alongside an “Apple Drama Hottie”
Posted: 9/2/23 at 1:02pm

Chris Evans was in an apple TV series, no?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#5Meghann Fahy returning to Broadway alongside an “Apple Drama Hottie”
Posted: 9/2/23 at 1:05pm

Streetcar could be a nice fit at the Golden, Lyceum, or Booth (assuming Akimbo closes in January).

Oh look, a bibu!

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#6Meghann Fahy returning to Broadway alongside an “Apple Drama Hottie”
Posted: 9/2/23 at 1:06pm

RippedMan said: "Chris Evans was in an apple TV series, no?"

Yes, as was Tom Holland, but as I said above it would be very odd to call them an "Apple Drama Hottie" instead of a "Marvel Hottie" unless this person is looking to purposely mislead the reader.

Robbie516
#7Meghann Fahy returning to Broadway alongside an “Apple Drama Hottie”
Posted: 9/2/23 at 1:23pm

Apparently it’s Egerton and Fahy in Streetcar in the fall…possibly the Jacobs

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#8Meghann Fahy returning to Broadway alongside an “Apple Drama Hottie”
Posted: 9/2/23 at 1:35pm

If that’s true I pray it’s not the recent London production. 

Updated On: 9/2/23 at 01:35 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#9Meghann Fahy returning to Broadway alongside an “Apple Drama Hottie”
Posted: 9/2/23 at 2:24pm

She's going to be Blanche? 

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#10Meghann Fahy returning to Broadway alongside an “Apple Drama Hottie”
Posted: 9/2/23 at 3:00pm

It’s almost like trolling that Broadway missed out on Cate Blanchett, Gillian Anderson, and Audra’s Blanches, but instead got Meghann Fahey and Nicole Ari Parker.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#11Meghann Fahy returning to Broadway alongside an “Apple Drama Hottie”
Posted: 9/2/23 at 3:11pm

The fact that Blanchett didn’t take Streetcar to Broadway but instead chose her husband’s horrendous Chekhov adaptation as her Broadway debut literally hurts my soul.

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#12Meghann Fahy returning to Broadway alongside an “Apple Drama Hottie”
Posted: 9/2/23 at 3:26pm

She would be a great Stella.

Jordan Catalano
#13Meghann Fahy returning to Broadway alongside an “Apple Drama Hottie”
Posted: 9/2/23 at 4:02pm

TotallyEffed said: "The fact that Blanchett didn’t take Streetcar to Broadway but instead chose her husband’s horrendous Chekhov adaptation as her Broadway debut literally hurts my soul."

Cate’s Blanche was Top 3 greatest things I’ve ever seen in my life. 

Robbie516
#14Meghann Fahy returning to Broadway alongside an “Apple Drama Hottie”
Posted: 9/2/23 at 7:34pm

Has anyone else heard the Streetcar rumor?

verywellthensigh
Jordan Catalano
#16Meghann Fahy returning to Broadway alongside an “Apple Drama Hottie”
Posted: 9/2/23 at 8:51pm

I haven’t. But I’m never mad at “Streetcar” being done and it’ll be 12 years since the last revival, if it does happen next year. 

I know I’m in the minority on this but the recent West End revival was worth it only for Paul Mescal who was maybe the best Stanley I’ve ever seen (live). The adoration for Patsy will forever confuse me, as I thought she gave a performance you’d see an actress give first day first day of rehearsal. There was absolutely nothing she did that made me think she was right for Blanche. 

I enjoy Frecknall’s work very much but this “Jamie Lloyd” style of a bare stage and a band on top was (to me) stupid. So if we do get a revival, I hope it’s a full on production.

Robbie516
#17Meghann Fahy returning to Broadway alongside an “Apple Drama Hottie”
Posted: 9/2/23 at 9:52pm

It would only make sense for this to be the Frecknall production…and arguably will sell better because Egerton is a bigger name than Mescal…and especially if they have other names besides Fahy in the cast…also with there being no set it is easy for this to play at a theatre such as the Jacobs before outsiders comes in

B212323
#18Meghann Fahy returning to Broadway alongside an “Apple Drama Hottie”
Posted: 9/2/23 at 10:47pm

Robbie516 said: "What is Crudup doing?"

He's in the Morning Show and Hello Tomorrow (which I'm not sure will get be getting a 2nd season) 

B212323
#19Meghann Fahy returning to Broadway alongside an “Apple Drama Hottie”
Posted: 9/2/23 at 10:48pm

Jordan Catalano said: "If that’s true I pray it’s not the recent London production."

Apparently it is 

Robbie516
#20Meghann Fahy returning to Broadway alongside an “Apple Drama Hottie”
Posted: 9/2/23 at 10:50pm

B212323 said: "Robbie516 said: "What is Crudup doing?"

He's in the Morning Show and Hello Tomorrow (which I'm not sure will get be getting a 2nd season)
"

I meant what Broadway show he is doing?

B212323
#21Meghann Fahy returning to Broadway alongside an “Apple Drama Hottie”
Posted: 9/2/23 at 10:54pm

Robbie516 said: "B212323 said: "Robbie516 said: "What is Crudup doing?"

"

I meant what Broadway show he is doing?
"

Oh sorry! I'm not sure he's been doing a one man show in Berkeley in the fall. Not sure they'll take the chance moving it to Bway. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#22Meghann Fahy returning to Broadway alongside an “Apple Drama Hottie”
Posted: 9/3/23 at 1:02am

verywellthensigh said: "Meghann who?"

Emmy nominee Meghann Fahy!

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

binau Profile Photo
binau
#23Meghann Fahy returning to Broadway alongside an “Apple Drama Hottie”
Posted: 9/3/23 at 6:23am

Surprising re: Taron given he barely did any performances in Cock (not that the producers noticed because in typical west end scam they took all the money and refused refunds). 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

inception Profile Photo
inception
#24Meghann Fahy returning to Broadway alongside an “Apple Drama Hottie”
Posted: 9/3/23 at 10:08am

Reports were he caught Covid, and it must have hit him particularly hard.

binau said: "Surprising re: Taron given he barely did any performances in Cock (not that the producers noticed because in typical west end scam they took all the money and refused refunds)."

KevinKlawitter
#25Meghann Fahy returning to Broadway alongside an “Apple Drama Hottie”
Posted: 9/3/23 at 10:52am

binau said: "Surprising re: Taron given he barely did any performances in Cock (not that the producers noticed because in typical west end scam they took all the money and refused refunds)."

I'm sure Streetcar is more marketable, but I'm a little bit surprised he's not coming over with Cock, tbh. Keep Jonathan Bailey alongside him and you could probably sell some tickets.