Merrily we Roll Along

lucas8
#1Merrily we Roll Along
Posted: 9/7/23 at 9:26pm

Hi,

Is there any way to save some money in Merrily We Roll Along? Ticket prices for the days I will be in NYC start at $350! Many tks!!

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#2Merrily we Roll Along
Posted: 9/7/23 at 10:16pm

Have you checked TodayTix? They usually have good deals

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

mshalo18
#3Merrily we Roll Along
Posted: 9/7/23 at 10:17pm

I paid that much the day tickets went on sale- so I’ve got nothing….

JoeW4 Profile Photo
JoeW4
#4Merrily we Roll Along
Posted: 9/7/23 at 10:54pm

Aside from relying on any rush/lottery that they might announce in the coming weeks, my best advice would just be to keep a close eye on those specific dates. You never know when someone in the balcony might return their ticket, or something like that. Random tickets might pop up from time to time, I'd think. Keep a browser tab open when you can. 

Also, I wonder what the re-sale landscape is gonna be like for this show. The show is selling well, but it's not booked solid, which makes me thing that the resale demand isn't going to be especially strong. In which case, it's worth keeping your eye on resale prices in the days leading up to your prospective performance, to see if the prices drop below face value. Or at least drop well below $350.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#5Merrily we Roll Along
Posted: 9/7/23 at 11:54pm

lucas8 said: "Hi,

Is there any way to save some money in Merrily We Roll Along? Ticket prices for the days I will be in NYC start at $350! Many tks!!
"

It'll also depend when you'll be in NYC. If you're going to be here during peak holiday season, good luck as that's the time normally most shows have the highest grosses.

lucas8
#6Merrily we Roll Along
Posted: 9/8/23 at 10:30am

Thank you everyone for the comments.

Yes, these prices are from TodayTix, about $10 cheaper than on the Hudson website. I will be in NYC at the end of the month; I will keep checking until then.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#7Merrily we Roll Along
Posted: 9/8/23 at 10:33am

The show on Halloween seems to be the most "reasonably" priced.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

lucas8
#8Merrily we Roll Along
Posted: 9/8/23 at 11:45am

Hey guys,

They just added more tickets to the last shows of Sept, and now prices start at $250! Thanks for suggesting me to check prices frequently! It's still quite high, but way better than $370!

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#9Merrily we Roll Along
Posted: 9/8/23 at 12:21pm

bwayphreak234 said: "The show on Halloween seems to be the most "reasonably" priced."

Yeah, Halloween is so busy for NYC which is good for me, got a great deal on a great seat. 

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#10Merrily we Roll Along
Posted: 9/8/23 at 1:13pm

There's no such thing as a great deal anymore.

You were just slightly less ripped off than other people.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Sutton Ross
#11Merrily we Roll Along
Posted: 9/8/23 at 2:11pm

Aw sweetie, you should get off your smart phone and use a hemp one while not using electricity, and living in a hole. Make sure not to use ANY natural resources, fly anywhere ever again, or listen to Beyonce since she's so evil! 

I got a great deal and I cannot wait to see this show!!!! 

BroadwaysBroad
#12Merrily we Roll Along
Posted: 9/8/23 at 2:17pm

I should go on Halloween - does anyone want to dress up in costume with me 

Sutton Ross
#13Merrily we Roll Along
Posted: 9/8/23 at 2:22pm

What would your costume be? 

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#14Merrily we Roll Along
Posted: 9/8/23 at 2:41pm

You really do take even the slightest disagreement very personally, don't you, Sutton?

Enjoy the show.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#15Merrily we Roll Along
Posted: 9/8/23 at 3:40pm

Sutton Ross said: "What would your costume be?"

keep with the theme and simply dress in reverse......... LOL!

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup

BoringBoredBoard40
#16Merrily we Roll Along
Posted: 9/8/23 at 4:56pm

Someone told me this shows weekly is $900,000? 

truly bonkers

Springtime
#17Merrily we Roll Along
Posted: 9/12/23 at 11:37pm

New feature interview by Ben Brantley with Jonathan Groff, Daniel Radcliffe and Lindsay Mendez in the New York Times.

Springtime
#18Merrily we Roll Along
Posted: 9/13/23 at 8:59pm

A string section has been added to the orchestra for the Broadway production.

Jonathan Tunick was at the sitzprobe today and conducted a reprise of the overture for the orchestra and cast today (according to cast member Evan Alexander Smith and a few videos that have been posted). 

Updated On: 9/13/23 at 08:59 PM

willep
#19Merrily we Roll Along
Posted: 9/13/23 at 9:30pm

Lol where y’all looking at tickets? TodayTix has hardly any performances that DON’T have seats for less than $200. Some for as low as $99 including fees.

BroadwaysBroad
#20Merrily we Roll Along
Posted: 9/13/23 at 9:56pm

Is the hudson an expensive theater to rent?

josepruitt
#21Merrily we Roll Along
Posted: 9/14/23 at 4:38am

had the same problem

helso1
#22Merrily we Roll Along
Posted: 9/14/23 at 9:50am

Hi! 
Im visiting from the UK in December and just wondered if anyone could help me out with which seating would be best.

In my price range I can get Mezzanine Row A 16 & 18 or Orchestra Row O 10 & 12. Which row does the overhang start in in this theatre?

Many thanks for any help.

Helen

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#23Merrily we Roll Along
Posted: 9/14/23 at 10:17am

helso1 said: "Hi!
Im visiting from the UK in December and just wondered if anyone could help me out with which seating would be best.

In my price range I can get Mezzanine Row A 16 & 18 or Orchestra Row O 10 & 12. Which row does the overhang start in in this theatre?

Many thanks for any help.

Helen
"

I don't know exactly, but it overhangs fairly far back in the orchestra. If you look at pics, the curved ends of the dress circle start around row M. In any event, I've sat in orchestra row O, and there's no obstruction from the overhang. A word of warning though: dress circle A 16-18 will definitely be partial view for this production, and, knowing the staging of the show, I wouldn't sit there. I believe orchestra O 10-12 are also considered partial, but the view will be less obstructed.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#24Merrily we Roll Along
Posted: 9/14/23 at 2:47pm

Snagged a center aisle balcony seat for next weekend on TodayTix for $189... A little pricey for sure, but the view is usually fine from the Hudson balcony. Really excited to see the show!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#25Merrily we Roll Along
Posted: 9/14/23 at 3:12pm

I looked at the prices for the day I go later this month. Wow! There isn’t a single ticket available that’s under $200! And that’s for mid to rear balcony! I think the have gone a bit overboard with this TBH! Any orchestra seats are in the $400 - $500 range. Thank god I got mine during the presale cause those prices are just astronomically insane! 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Videos