pixeltracker

On the 29th day, day, day "Caroline" went away, away, away and she didn't come back, back, back, and she didn't come back...

On the 29th day, day, day "Caroline" went away, away, away and she didn't come back, back, back, and she didn't come back...

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#0On the 29th day, day, day "Caroline" went away, away, away and she didn't come back, back, back, and she didn't come back...
Posted: 8/29/04 at 10:45am

Let the mourning commence.

Is anyone going to the last performance? Let us all know how it went.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1re: On the 29th day, day, day 'Caroline' went away, away, away and she didn't come back, back, back, and she didn't come back...
Posted: 8/29/04 at 11:00am

re: On the 29th day, day, day 'Caroline' went away, away, away and she didn't come back, back, back, and she didn't come back...
Sorry to see it go.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

sweetiedarlinmia Profile Photo
sweetiedarlinmia
#2re: On the 29th day, day, day 'Caroline' went away, away, away and she didn't come back, back, back, and she didn't come back...
Posted: 8/29/04 at 11:05am

You read my mind, Quibbler. I was just about to make a mourning post. I don't think I've been this sad about something that wasn't illness or death related in a long time. re: On the 29th day, day, day 'Caroline' went away, away, away and she didn't come back, back, back, and she didn't come back...

I propose a moment of silence at 3, then turning on your washer, dryer and radio.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#3re: On the 29th day, day, day 'Caroline' went away, away, away and she didn't come back, back, back, and she didn't come back...
Posted: 8/29/04 at 11:06am

As Ive stated previously, Caroline was by far the most profound new musical of the year. It spoke to the audience in so many ways and on so many levels. Tonya Pinkins' performance will become legendary, as will her signature ballad; Lots Wife. What an amazing show. Bye, Caroline! It was nice knowing ya! re: On the 29th day, day, day 'Caroline' went away, away, away and she didn't come back, back, back, and she didn't come back...

luvtheEmcee
#4re: On the 29th day, day, day 'Caroline' went away, away, away and she didn't come back, back, back, and she didn't come back...
Posted: 8/29/04 at 11:09am

"I propose a moment of silence at 3, then turning on your washer, dryer and radio."

I'm so going to do it, too. That's how crazy I am.

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#6re: On the 29th day, day, day 'Caroline' went away, away, away and she didn't come back, back, back, and she didn't come back...
Posted: 8/29/04 at 11:10am

Caroline, I'm so sorry I missed you
I cried the first time I heard your OBCR but by then it was too late
But I swear I will tape you on HBO

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#7re: On the 29th day, day, day 'Caroline' went away, away, away and she didn't come back, back, back, and she didn't come back...
Posted: 8/29/04 at 11:16am

So, is anyone going to start their cast recording at 3:00 and listen to the show as if you were there (compensate for the 15 minutes intermission, of course)?

Plum
#8re: On the 29th day, day, day 'Caroline' went away, away, away and she didn't come back, back, back, and she didn't come back...
Posted: 8/29/04 at 11:20am

If laundry didn't cost me $1.50 a load, I'd mourn in basement. As it is, I'm going to play the cast recording. Again. And again. And again. And program the Tivo to catch all things Caroline so I don't miss the HBO airing whenever it happens.

What a great show- the more I listen to it the more I love it. And who knows? Maybe Caroline will come back one day. I'll be there.

luvtheEmcee
#9re: On the 29th day, day, day 'Caroline' went away, away, away and she didn't come back, back, back, and she didn't come back...
Posted: 8/29/04 at 11:21am

TheQuibbler - whenever a show that I like closes, I do that. You can bet I'll do it today.

voidiflostorstolen
#10re: On the 29th day, day, day 'Caroline' went away, away, away and she didn't come back, back, back, and she didn't come back...
Posted: 8/29/04 at 11:47am

Wait it's closing today!!? I have to run to see it! Please tell me there is a evening show...

#11re: On the 29th day, day, day 'Caroline' went away, away, away and she didn't come back, back, back, and she didn't come back...
Posted: 8/29/04 at 11:57am

Three o'clock p.m. today is the last and final performance of CAROLINE, void.

There is no evening show.

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#12re: On the 29th day, day, day 'Caroline' went away, away, away and she didn't come back, back, back, and she didn't come back...
Posted: 8/29/04 at 11:59am

Lets all go to our dryer, washing machine, and radios to talk or sing to them in honor of COC. Dont foget to add quarters to the bleach cup. re: On the 29th day, day, day 'Caroline' went away, away, away and she didn't come back, back, back, and she didn't come back...
I think i will be doing that...with starting the OBCR at 3:00.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

adp22 Profile Photo
adp22
#13re: On the 29th day, day, day 'Caroline' went away, away, away and she didn't come back, back, back, and she didn't come back...
Posted: 8/29/04 at 12:02pm

ok. what is this about Caroline being on HBO? did they tape the entire show and are showing it on HBO like they did with Jekyll and Hyde? Has this been confirmed? Thanks.

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#14re: On the 29th day, day, day 'Caroline' went away, away, away and she didn't come back, back, back, and she didn't come back...
Posted: 8/29/04 at 12:10pm

One of our fellow posters (testing1203) spoke to one of the producers of COC and he said that it was already filmed for HBO and it was just a matter of air time.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#15re: On the 29th day, day, day 'Caroline' went away, away, away and she didn't come back, back, back, and she didn't come back...
Posted: 8/29/04 at 12:30pm

It's nice to know that there is the chance of seeing it on HBO. I have been signed up for 2 years for their newsletter so I can't wait to get that e-mail announcing it's airing. But I just wanted to see it live one more time(Saw it in April). It was first on my list for my return trip to NYC in the fall. A big loss for Broadway...big loss.

Just give the world Love.

ponine24601
#16re: On the 29th day, day, day 'Caroline' went away, away, away and she didn't come back, back, back, and she didn't come back...
Posted: 8/29/04 at 12:44pm

i didn't get the chance to see this show. since i don't have hbo, i hope that they release it on vhs/dvd once it airs. i'm sad to see it close. caroline seemed to have a wonderful and strong impact on many theatre-goers.

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

#17re: On the 29th day, day, day 'Caroline' went away, away, away and she didn't come back, back, back, and she didn't come back...
Posted: 8/29/04 at 12:50pm

I don't have HBo so dam* it. But i've been listening to the recording nonstop since i heard it was closing. No doubt I will be singing along all day in mourning. I even sing while watching the olympics and people get mad at me... It's hopeless and i'm starting to cry...

nystateomind04 Profile Photo
nystateomind04
#18re: On the 29th day, day, day 'Caroline' went away, away, away and she didn't come back, back, back, and she didn't come back...
Posted: 8/29/04 at 1:09pm

I'll probably be starting the cast recording at 3 with the rest of you, to give the show a propper "goodbye". This really is a tragedy, but as the show says; "change come fast, and change come slow, but change come", and I think that "Caroline" changed broadway, and is part of a group of shows that are hopefully raising the bar as far as quality in shows goes, just a little at a time. Bravo, "Caroline"!

NuggetMonkeys Profile Photo
NuggetMonkeys
#19re: On the 29th day, day, day 'Caroline' went away, away, away and she didn't come back, back, back, and she didn't come back...
Posted: 8/29/04 at 1:21pm

my recording will be playing along with all of yours.
And I am so upset by this...
I will watch the HBO version every day when they air/release it.
This is simply not fair.

ATTENTION: ANYONE WHO IS GOING TO THE LAST SHOW TODAY MUST TAKE MANY PICTURES FOR ALL OF US, EXPECIALLY ME, DAMMIT!!!
-d.b.j-

"change come fast ans change come slow,
but everything changes and you've got to go."

[insert canned bawling track]

Vary My Days.

ilurveJRB Profile Photo
ilurveJRB
#20re: On the 29th day, day, day 'Caroline' went away, away, away and she didn
Posted: 8/29/04 at 1:23pm

Ohh man I am so sad! I was lucky enough to see yestersday's matinee - Tonya was SO NICE at the stage door! Well, EVERYONE was so nice! The show was so moving...I can't believe it's closing. I just got the cast recording on iTunes last night and I can't wait to start it up along with my washer, dryer and radio at 3!!

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#21re: On the 29th day, day, day 'Caroline' went away, away, away and she didn
Posted: 8/29/04 at 1:31pm

A show closing is a "tragedy"? It's sad, and it would have been great if it could have run longer, it's a wonderful piece, but it hardly fits the definition of a tragedy for heaven's sake. Please.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

Blonde Profile Photo
Blonde
#22re: On the 29th day, day, day 'Caroline' went away, away, away and she didn
Posted: 8/29/04 at 1:36pm

I'm sad to see it go. Great show. I missed the memo about 3:00 so i've already started playing mine. :) I suppose I'll begin again at 3.

shalom kitty

ChiChi Profile Photo
ChiChi
#23re: On the 29th day, day, day 'Caroline' went away, away, away and she didn
Posted: 8/29/04 at 2:07pm

If the only proof we have of "Caroline" being on HBO is the word of someone at a stage door there might be a possibility that this isn't true. Believe it or not, not everyone on this board is an expert.

Gypsy - Betty Buckley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUN5XoB5vFs&feature=youtu.be

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#24re: On the 29th day, day, day 'Caroline' went away, away, away and she didn
Posted: 8/29/04 at 2:10pm

Wasn't it announced on playbill a while back that it WAS going to be filmed for HBO? Maybe it's my imagination...

Videos