pixeltracker

Idina's leaving date (please don't kill me)

Idina's leaving date (please don't kill me)

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#0Idina's leaving date (please don't kill me)
Posted: 9/16/04 at 9:03am

So...apparently Idina is now leaving January 9th instead of January 2nd. If it's true and not just a glitch, I can imagine that some people with tickets for the 2nd are gonna be pretty pissed off. Anyone know if this correct?

cjoyce
#1re: Idina's leaving date (please don't kill me)
Posted: 9/16/04 at 9:17am

Where did you read/hear this? Just curious.

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#2re: Idina's leaving date (please don't kill me)
Posted: 9/16/04 at 9:19am

On the Wicked website. www.wickedthemusical.com

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

razzledazzle2 Profile Photo
razzledazzle2
#3re: Idina's leaving date (please don't kill me)
Posted: 9/16/04 at 9:24am

when is kristin leaving? i knew a while ago, but have since forgotten.

TheGaIsSilent
#4re: Idina's leaving date (please don't kill me)
Posted: 9/16/04 at 9:29am

LOL. Kristin left in July. JLT is leaving next April.

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

luvWICKED416 Profile Photo
luvWICKED416
#5re: Idina's leaving date (please don't kill me)
Posted: 9/16/04 at 9:36am

UGH!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SOOOO ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!
WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS!!!!!!!!

Anyway!!!!! My Lisa Brescia website is online!!!!
http://pages.hosting.domaindirect.com/polishedgems.net/

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#6re: Idina's leaving date (please don't kill me)
Posted: 9/16/04 at 10:13am

Where is it on the Wicked website? I just went through, and didn't see anything about it. Can you direct me to the section which shows the revised date? Thanks very much.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

TheGaIsSilent
#7re: Idina's leaving date (please don't kill me)
Posted: 9/16/04 at 10:19am

http://www.wickedthemusical.com/guest-services.htm

When are the leads leaving the show?
Idina Menzel & Joey McIntyre leave on January 9, 2005. Jennifer Laura Thompson, George Hearn and Carole Shelley leave on April 17, 2005.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#8re: Idina's leaving date (please don't kill me)
Posted: 9/16/04 at 10:23am

Thanks very much.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#9re: Idina's leaving date (please don't kill me)
Posted: 9/16/04 at 1:18pm

When is Christopher Fitzgerald leaving?! (Sorry, I'm getting aggro over this.)

PS. Is it common for website FAQs to talk about finite times the leads are leaving? Doesn't this make possible negotiations kind of difficult?

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

ChristineDaae Profile Photo
ChristineDaae
#10re: Idina's leaving date (please don't kill me)
Posted: 9/16/04 at 1:31pm

Idina still has a while until she leaves. Why is everyone so worried? If you want to see her as Elphaba, buy tickets now.

"Life will be frozen peaches and cream. Baby, dream Your Dream" ~ SC

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#11re: Idina's leaving date (please don't kill me)
Posted: 9/16/04 at 2:13pm

Because come January 10, Harvey Fierstein takes over Idina (or as I call her, My Friend Deenee), and they'll have to expand that Defying Gravity platform.

Sorry, it's been a long morning. Expect more useless posts to ensue. I agree with you, CD. Sorry to ask, but I've been avoiding these Wicked threads like the plague - is there actually an announced replacement yet?

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#12re: Idina's leaving date (please don't kill me)
Posted: 9/16/04 at 3:41pm

i dont think the worry is being able to see her. I think that those who bought tickets for the 2nd wanted to see her last show, not just another Sunday mat.

xluckystar2107x Profile Photo
xluckystar2107x
#13re: Idina's leaving date (please don't kill me)
Posted: 9/16/04 at 4:30pm

f/y/i if you want to have a decent seat get tickets NOW because its pretty hard to get tickets

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#14re: Idina's leaving date (please don't kill me)
Posted: 9/16/04 at 4:31pm

yeah, that's what i meant when I posted it. Some people paid a LOT of money (ticket brokers, on e-bay, etc.) to go on January 2nd because they specifically wanted to see Idina's last show.

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#15re: Idina's leaving date (please don't kill me)
Posted: 9/16/04 at 4:34pm

That last post was adding to WhatDoINeedWithLove's post.
It hasn't been confirmed yet, though. People have been calling the box office and they still are saying her last day is January 2nd. The box office was not made aware that it changed, and they should have a definite answer by tomorrow. So I don't know if I'd rush out and buy tickets to the 9th just yet....

#16re: Idina's leaving date (please don't kill me)
Posted: 9/16/04 at 5:09pm

gah i bought jan 2 tickets! WHY!!!

KChenowethfan Profile Photo
KChenowethfan
#17re: Idina's leaving date (please don't kill me)
Posted: 9/16/04 at 8:23pm

I personally think this is a good lesson on being obsessed to the point of buying a ticket for hundreds and hundreds of dollars because one performer is leaving on a particular date.

"Why do you care what people might say? Why try to fit into their design?" (Side Show)

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#18re: Idina's leaving date (please don't kill me)
Posted: 9/16/04 at 9:00pm

"I personally think this is a good lesson on being obsessed to the point of buying a ticket for hundreds and hundreds of dollars because one performer is leaving on a particular date..."

Ditto. You're paying hundreds extra just to see the actors on stage shed a few tears and maybe shell out a couple of extra ad-libs? It's pretty foolish to spend that much on one performer's last show...as nice as it might be, it is not worth the hundreds and hundreds of dollars, as it is really not a whole lot different from any other performance. If you bought tickets for January 2nd, and her last day is January 9th, what's wrong with seeing her a week before she leaves? Are you going to gain anything special from seeing a performer's last show?

If you want to see a performer's last show, don't go crazy with spending more than the ticket is worth by paying ticket brokers and scalpers - buy one at normal price. If you miss out, so what? It's not the end of the world.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

luvWICKED416 Profile Photo
luvWICKED416
#19re: Idina's leaving date (please don't kill me)
Posted: 9/16/04 at 9:12pm

Ok, i agree that spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars on a final performance ticket is crazy.. but i don't agree with your statement that last show's are just the same as regular ones. I saw Wicked 3 times before i went to Kristin's final show, and there is no comparisson! There is something special about seeing the actors shed real tears on stage, and adding their own personal touches to the show, and seeing an audience full of fans crying, and taking part in standing ovations after every song! That is something you won't see at any regular performance, and i think every should take part in evventually.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#20re: Idina's leaving date (please don't kill me)
Posted: 9/16/04 at 9:24pm

People are obsessive in wanting to buy tickets for Idina's last performance! Everyone, including me, thought that her contract was up on January 2nd, and there has been a mad rush to get tickets for "Idina's last performance." Now there is something going around that she is leaving on January 9th. And people are going to complain how they spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars for January 2nd.

As I said, if you want to see the last show of a performer, don't go crazy and and get overpriced tickets. Spend the normal price. I see what you are saying, about them shedding tears and adding their personal touches, however, is it that worth it to buy a pair for $300+, when technically, you are hearing the same songs and same storyline? I don't think so.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
Updated On: 9/16/04 at 09:24 PM

#21re: Idina's leaving date (please don't kill me)
Posted: 9/16/04 at 9:32pm

actually kchenowethfan, i only spent 100 dollars from ticketmaster.

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#22re: Idina's leaving date (please don't kill me)
Posted: 9/16/04 at 10:48pm

lol ONLY a hundred re: Idina's leaving date (please don't kill me)

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

#23re: Idina's leaving date (please don't kill me)
Posted: 9/16/04 at 10:52pm

well when you don't live in nyc and you don't wanna spend hundreds and want ok seats then 100s the cheapest! lol

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#24re: Idina's leaving date (please don't kill me)
Posted: 9/16/04 at 10:53pm

Not true.

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

Videos