pixeltracker

Who was or is a High School Thespian?

Who was or is a High School Thespian?

ShiksaGoddess2 Profile Photo
ShiksaGoddess2
#0Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 1:11am

I was wondering who else on this board was or is currently a member of the International Thespian society? I was a member of troupe 4848 from Orlando, Fl.I got to perform at the Opening Ceramonies this year in Tampa Florida. It was so amazing, we did "The Gods Love Nubia" form Aida for about 4,000 thespains. I really enjoyed being a thespain, so many wonderful memories, and i will carry that title forever with honor.

So who else??

"Rap stars will love me..... I get me a posse and shit, aiite."

shesings
#1re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 1:13am

I was back in the day. SO I guess I technically still am. I can't remember the troupe # though....1935 or something like that.

shlamdiddly Profile Photo
shlamdiddly
#2re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 1:26am

I am

You aren't feeling overwhelmed are you?

feinstein9 Profile Photo
feinstein9
#3re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 1:43am

i am! or was. only for a year though, because the school i went to for the first three years of high school didn't have a theatre department and thought the thespian society was for deviant young women of ambiguous sexual orintation. then i transferred schools and got into the soceity but it we never did anything.

Guido Contini Profile Photo
Guido Contini
#4re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 2:39am

I am a thespian (during high school 6 years ago). But I have a serious problem with thespians spelling thespian wrong. just a little hapless nitpicking. re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?

"Applause begets applause in the theatre, as laughter begets laughter and tears beget tears." CLAYTON HAMILTON, "Theory of the Theatre" "I think theater ought to be theatrical ... you know, shuffling the pack in different ways so that it's -- there's always some kind of ambush involved in the experience. You're being ambushed by an unexpected word, or by an elephant falling out of the cupboard, whatever it is." TOM STOPPARD

son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
#5re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 2:45am

I still carry my Thespian card in my wallet. I am such a dork! Troupe 2260.

My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...

badkarma719 Profile Photo
badkarma719
#6re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 4:15am

never even heard of it

so I gues that means a big no for over here

although I wish I was it sounds likt it would have been fun
but my schools drama teacher was hitler and the devil all in one

In the words of the great MargoChanning "Broadwayworld.com -- Your One Stop on the Internet for All Things Broadway, Nasty Political Discussions, Meltdowns, Name-Calling and General Nonsense along with being a Premiere Pick-up Joint for Hotties, Shut-ins, Rambunctuous Teenagers With Bad Grammar, and All Manner of Bitter, Jaded Theatre Queens with WAY Too Much Time on Their Hands"?

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#7re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 6:48am

troupe 3763 NJ =D I was a senior member as well earning more points than expected so we got these cool pins and cards that look like high school equity cards lol.

dramafreak13 Profile Photo
dramafreak13
#8re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 7:52am

i was an honor member in high school as well as being on California state board for a year.

"Contentment it seems merely happens, It appears Accompanied by no bravos and no tears" "The world is good you said Enjoy it's highs you said The summer flies you said So make a parade Of every moment Now throw away your hate And focus on what's great instead" ~William Finn

phantom3 Profile Photo
phantom3
#9re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 8:03am

I was and still am a member of the ITS but can never remember my troup number. We're from Brunswick, Ga and not very big, but put on one heck of a rendition of Phatom of the Opera... with myself giving a "Michael Crawford" caliber performance as Eric. ... Good times... Good times

I remain, Gentlemen, Your obedient servant, O.G.

Jess1483
#10re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 9:15am

Troupe 483--four years in high school (well, initiated at the end of my freshman year.) I loved Thespian convention (we were invited to nationals two times in my four years, but we didn't go, poor Montana schools you know.)

Why do we play with fire? Why do we run our fingers through the flame? Why do we leave our hands on the stove, although we know we're in for some pain? -tick...tick...BOOM!

#11re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 12:19pm

I'm a part of it right now and have been since my freshman year. I served as secretary last year and this year i'm VP. It's a fun group to be a part of, though i must say, people have lots of fun mispronouncing the name re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?

broadwayguy2
#12re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 12:20pm

back when I was in high school, I was in EVERY show we did. IIt was my life. re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#13re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 12:32pm

Long live Troupe #3614. I am a proud lifetime honorary member.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

TheGirlinTheFrock Profile Photo
TheGirlinTheFrock
#14re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 12:49pm

I am/was! Gosh .. Troup #. no clue about that! Did you guys have the induction ceremony and that whole intro abou Thesbes. Every year i had to sit through that!

Though scattered and divided we are still its heart...AIDA SEPTEMBER 5th, 2004...one more longing backward glance... I AM NOW "TGIF!"

Jess1483
#15re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 12:55pm

Not only did we have a ceremony, but we had a really intense initiation, where we had to dress up like superheroes (I was captain obvious) and we had speeches we had to say in every class, and every time we entered or left a room, and a tongue twister, and we had to bow and say a speech to any current troupe member and make table decorations and do whatever the current thespians told us. I ended up hopping down the hall singing a song i had to make up about some of the girls in the troupe. It was actually more fun than you'd think. The administration was scared of my drama teacher, so we were the only group that got to do initiation.

Why do we play with fire? Why do we run our fingers through the flame? Why do we leave our hands on the stove, although we know we're in for some pain? -tick...tick...BOOM!

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#16re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 1:17pm

I was THE High School Thespian. I was the president of the Drama club starting in 10th grade and continuing until I graduated. Although I am a painfull shy person (imagine that!) and only speak to those I am most comfortable with, almost everyone in my high school knew my name and would say hi because of me being in all the show. Many times teachers would exclaim that they didn't even know I talked--let along sang.

Currently at my high school there is a Jill Fan-club, which was started by a bunch of 9th graders. And they are naming the Forum (a small, downstage theatre in my building) after me---which I find just plain odd b/c I'm not even dead or anything.

As for initiantions? I remember the first high school show you did, you had to go up in the catwalks at night by yourself. Usually kids were about 14 when they had to do this, but not me! I was in 7th grade because the high school was doing Oliver and I was in the show. I am pretty terrified of closed spaces/heights and all the seniors made me go up there. It was quite frightening. :)

TBone Profile Photo
TBone
#17re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 1:54pm

Thespian Troupe #721! re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?

- Eric

shlamdiddly Profile Photo
shlamdiddly
#18re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 3:24pm

My school affectionatly calls it T.I.T.S...we add

You aren't feeling overwhelmed are you?

CJR
#19re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 3:27pm

I was.... couldn't remember my troupe number if you paid me though lol

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

Ebonic_Singer
#20re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 3:42pm

Tee hee--you said thespian.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#21re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 5:18pm

Not me. I like boys.

But I was Alpha Psi Omega in college. Chapter Mu.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Blonde Profile Photo
Blonde
#22re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 5:27pm

thespian member here! though I don't know what the number is...

shalom kitty

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#23re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 5:31pm

I was a member of troupe 4126.

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

somewhere_over_the_rainbow2 Profile Photo
somewhere_over_the_rainbow2
#24re: Who was or is a High School Thespian?
Posted: 9/20/04 at 5:33pm

i am! Troupe 452 Clinton, Iowa woo hoo!

Videos