pixeltracker

Best Character Entrance?- Page 2

Best Character Entrance?

AnothaPartofMe
#25re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 4:34pm

When I saw WILL ROGERS FOLLIES... Will entered through the stage through this hydrolics effect. It was cool.

And if she'll say, "My darling, I'm yours!" I'll throw away my striped tie and my best pressed tweed, all I really need is the girl...

Mary_Ethel Profile Photo
Mary_Ethel
#26re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 4:34pm

Hi Two... :)

The first night Ethel Merman took over Dolly Levi role and let her newspaper drop from her face at the end of the "Call on Dolly" number, the audience GAVE HER A STANDING OVATION!

"I say YOU'RE the CUTEST one. No, I say YOU'RE the CUTEST One. And we go on like that from dawn to three."

CrowdMeWithLove
#27re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 4:56pm

My one theatre teacher showed my class the tape of The Man Who Came to Dinner last year, and Lewis J. Stalden, who played Max Sheridan's friend Banjo, literally pounced onto the stage, began chasing around the house maid, kissed her and just announced his presence. There was no special trick or anything to it, it was just pure theatrical energy and presence. It was by far the funniest and best entrance I've ever seen...and that was just on a tape, too.

Dolly_Levi Profile Photo
Dolly_Levi
#28re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 5:02pm

Mrs. Dolly Levi has a smashing first entrance on the horse drawn cart, dropping her newspaper and - of course, in Act 2 when she appears atop the stairs at the Harmonia Gardens - amazing entrance moment...

Laughter is much more important than applause. Applause is almost a duty. Laughter is a reward. Carol Channing

Mary_Ethel Profile Photo
Mary_Ethel
#29re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 5:05pm

Hi Dolly (or should I say, Hello, Dolly!) :)

Anyway, did you know that when HELLO, DOLLY! was out of town, the Dolly Levi character made her Act II entrance BEFORE Harmonia Gardens Scene; which made her entrance there seem anti-climatic?

Writers soon the error of their ways and re-wrote so Dolly's first appearance in Act II would be at the Harmonia Gardens.

"I say YOU'RE the CUTEST one. No, I say YOU'RE the CUTEST One. And we go on like that from dawn to three."

luvWICKED416 Profile Photo
luvWICKED416
#30re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 5:08pm

CHOTE887- Yes, i agree. Amneris' entrance is awesome... very creative.
i miss Aida...

Plum
#31re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 5:11pm

Didn't a character in Sixteen Wounded make his entrance by jumping through a glass window?

Anyway, one of my favorite entrances (and openings, period) is Curly coming in and singing "Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin'" a capella. Simple and appropriate, and very strange for its time.

timote316
#32re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 5:14pm

I like Roger's in Rent. If you know nothing of the show, you don't even know it happened re: Best Character Entrance?

I definately like Amneris' too. And I love when the lights come up on Carmen Ghia. lmao, just thinking of that scene makes me laugh lol

BreakingTheCircle07 Profile Photo
BreakingTheCircle07
#33re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 5:56pm

Michael Leon-Wooley as the homeless man in "Little Shop" scared the poop outta me. I did not see him there at all.

Frank-n-furter in the revival. Similar to the movie but different enough to be creative and cool.
Along the same lines, Eddie's entrace in the revival, too. Through the wall? Pretty neat.

Gasp! How could I forget Maureen's amidst the warming glow of her raging motorcycle headlight?

Fosca's slow descent down the stairwell as Clara and Georgio write to one another.

Variations on a Theme blog: http://panekattack.blogspot.com/

adamized88 Profile Photo
adamized88
#34re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 5:59pm

princeton's entrance/opening lines in ave q

galinda's entrance in the bubble

"Nothing is an accident, We are free to have it all, We are what we want to be, It's in ourselves to rise or fall!!" - "Fortune Favors the Brave" from Aida - the love that never died

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#35re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 6:00pm

Carla in the revival of Nine
Tom Hewitt's entrance in Dracula
The animals in the Lion King definitely nothing like it!

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

StateOfJade Profile Photo
StateOfJade
#36re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 6:00pm

Definitley Maureen's blinding motorcycle entrance in RENT.

"I really liked the show--Wish I saw Boy's Night...Am I allowed as I am not a boy anymore:)"-duffyny1

shlamdiddly Profile Photo
shlamdiddly
#37re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 6:13pm

LuvUrBatBoy...when I saw Bat Boy it was in theater in the round...and a VERY tiny theater...like...50 people...so when bat boy was crawling doen the isle RIGHT next to me my friends and I were scared...we had never really heard of the show beside listening to the cd...

In Phantom of the Opera...is the Phantom's entrance with the mirror?...I've seen ot twice but I'm having a brain fart.

You aren't feeling overwhelmed are you?

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#38re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 6:24pm

In the musical Superman, he flies in to thwart a bank robbery &, as I recall , lifts & throws a car off stage. He than breaks into the song "Doing Good "

Poster Emeritus

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#39re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 6:27pm

The entrance of the principles of GRAND HOTEL. actually it was less of an entrance and more of a curtain call in reverse.

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

NoDayButToday2 Profile Photo
NoDayButToday2
#40re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 6:32pm

The whole cast coming out in 'Rent' is awesome. I like Angel's entrace in the drag too

Chrysanthemum62001
#41re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 6:34pm

Oh, horse-poo! How could I have left out the Emcee! I love the finger thingy he does!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

dididda Profile Photo
dididda
#42re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 6:38pm

ooo, just thought of anoth entrance i adore.
elizas last entrance in my fair lady

""the gays love their presents. just wave something shiny in front of their faces, you can get whatever you want. Thats how we got manhattan from the gay indians" -Karen (W&G)"

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#43re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 6:40pm

oooo another! The entrance of Madame Thenardier in Les Mis.

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

Skempp Profile Photo
Skempp
#44re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 6:58pm

Peter Pan flying in through the window is a fun entrance.

For pure, old time theatre though, I'd have to vote for Dolly Levi at the Harmonia Gardens.

GovernorSlaton Profile Photo
GovernorSlaton
#45re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 7:01pm

Sondheim realized he wanted to musicalize Passion D'Amore when he saw Fosca descending from the staircase. It certainly is a memorable entrance.

#46re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 7:03pm

the chorus in Taboo, the creep through the set and suddenly the stage is awash with freaks singing and dancing, so cool. and leigh bowrys entance in the bathroom stall

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#47re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 7:47pm

Millie and Glinda.

judy_in_disguise
#48re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 7:51pm

Ah! for a second there i was scared no one would mention Maureen!
"Joanne, which way to the stage?"

Mr.  Tuttle Profile Photo
Mr. Tuttle
#49re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/19/04 at 8:33pm

Dolly in Hello Dolly
Galinda in Wicked
Anita in WSS quartet

Ignorance is temporary. Stupidity last forever. Watch out BWW... HE'S BACK.
Updated On: 10/19/04 at 08:33 PM