News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Lisa Brescia as Elphaba

wicked4life51 Profile Photo
wicked4life51
#0Lisa Brescia as Elphaba
Posted: 11/27/04 at 8:21pm

anyone think it will happen, i mean they are workshopping her as elphaba (but good luck lisa)

"what? what is it? do i have something in my teeth? ok lets get this over with : no im not seasick,yes ive always been green, and no i didnt chew grass as a child "

Yankeefan007
#1re: Lisa Brescia as Elphaba
Posted: 11/27/04 at 8:25pm

i can see that....

Riff Profile Photo
Riff
#2re: Lisa Brescia as Elphaba
Posted: 11/27/04 at 8:44pm

i cant see it! I cant see a thing!! OH MY GOD! I AM BLIND! SOMEBODY HELP ME!............... oops! never mind. Didnt realize the lights were out. ok, I feel stupid now...............carry on. Pretend that didnt happen.

Boy, boy, crazy boy, Get cool, boy! Got a rocket in your pocket, Keep coolly cool, boy! Don't get hot, 'Cause man, you got Some high times ahead. Take it slow and Daddy-O, You can live it up and die in bed! Boy, boy, crazy boy! Stay loose, boy! Breeze it, buzz it, easy does it. Turn off the juice, boy! Go man, go, But not like a yo-yo schoolboy. Just play it cool, boy, Real cool!

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#3re: Lisa Brescia as Elphaba
Posted: 11/27/04 at 9:30pm

who is that?

A dancer might dream to see her name in lights and mean it, but all she really dreams is to make someone else feel the way she did when she first saw a dancer. And that is so beautiful-Anonymous

Riff Profile Photo
Riff
#4re: Lisa Brescia as Elphaba
Posted: 11/27/04 at 9:36pm

The Rent guitarists ex-wife and quite a fine actress in her own right.

Boy, boy, crazy boy, Get cool, boy! Got a rocket in your pocket, Keep coolly cool, boy! Don't get hot, 'Cause man, you got Some high times ahead. Take it slow and Daddy-O, You can live it up and die in bed! Boy, boy, crazy boy! Stay loose, boy! Breeze it, buzz it, easy does it. Turn off the juice, boy! Go man, go, But not like a yo-yo schoolboy. Just play it cool, boy, Real cool!

saddle shoe side kick
Posted: 11/27/04 at 9:52pm

"I'm a pretty girl, mama." -Penny Lou Pingleton, Hairspray
"You like football, Ed?" "Yeah..." "Good. Me too." -Chad & 'Ed', All Shook Up
Updated On: 11/28/04 at 09:52 PM

#6re: Lisa Brescia as Elphaba
Posted: 11/27/04 at 10:10pm

I think Lisa is fantastic. Truly one of the most gifted performers out there today, but I don't think Elphaba is the right character for her.

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#7re: Lisa Brescia as Elphaba
Posted: 11/27/04 at 10:11pm

Lisa as Glinda, maybe. But I'm not familiar with her range so I don't know if she can pull off those high parts. Otherwise, I think she'd be awesome.

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

Mattio98
#8re: Lisa Brescia as Elphaba
Posted: 11/27/04 at 10:21pm

A little OT but I'd love to see Lisa as Cathy in The Last 5 Years.

Leadingplayer
#9re: Lisa Brescia as Elphaba
Posted: 11/27/04 at 10:33pm

"The rent guitarists wife"

Ok so who is the rent guitarist? Adam Pascal?

Up In Won
#10re: Lisa Brescia as Elphaba
Posted: 11/27/04 at 10:37pm

Hehe! It's funny people are thinking about Lisa as Elphaba. My friend mentioned to me the other day about Heather Headly playing Elphaba and I can't decide if she was being sarcastic or not... I don't think Heather would fit that at all though.

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#11re: Lisa Brescia as Elphaba
Posted: 11/27/04 at 10:45pm

I just heard a radical suggestion to put Jennifer Hudson in as Elphaba.

Who's next? Harvey Fierstein?

Up In Won
#12re: Lisa Brescia as Elphaba
Posted: 11/27/04 at 10:49pm

Don't be silly! Everyone knows Elphaba is going to be played by Michael Leon-Wooly!

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.

Kris2 Profile Photo
Kris2
#13re: Lisa Brescia as Elphaba
Posted: 11/27/04 at 10:50pm

Leadingplayer: "The rent guitarists wife"

Ok so who is the rent guitarist? Adam Pascal?

Hehe, no it's not Adam. The actual Rent guitarist is Kenny Brescia. He rocks my socks off.

luvWICKED416 Profile Photo
luvWICKED416
#14re: Lisa Brescia as Elphaba
Posted: 11/27/04 at 11:11pm

ok the title of this thread almost gave me a fricken heart attack. OMG.... ok...i need to relax.

Lisa is fabulous. I love all of you for posting your kind thoughts re: Lisa Brescia as Elphaba

BillyLawlor Profile Photo
BillyLawlor
#15re: Lisa Brescia as Elphaba
Posted: 11/27/04 at 11:12pm

I think Lisa would be an amazing Glinda. How could you say she couldn't hit the high notes in "Not Me" when she sings "My Strongest Suit" and "I Know the Truth"? I'm sure she could handle the written part.

She has quite the voice. I think she could be a fine Elphaba. I see her as more of a Glinda, though.

luvWICKED416
#16re: Lisa Brescia as Elphaba
Posted: 11/27/04 at 11:13pm

oh and Mattio... it's funny that you mentioned that b/c she IS going to be Cathy in L5Y in Milwakuee in March. (well,as of right now)

NOW ALL YOU YOU GO TO HER SITE!!!!
WWW.POLISHEDGEMS.NET

XOXO

Unmasked05 Profile Photo
Unmasked05
#17re: Lisa Brescia as Elphaba
Posted: 11/27/04 at 11:18pm

I saw her in the touring cast of AIDA and I thought she was great.
I think that Sherie Rene Scott could either play Elphaba or Glinda she would be perfect for both roles.

Facebook...ME !!!

Mattio98
#18re: Lisa Brescia as Elphaba
Posted: 11/27/04 at 11:22pm

Wow....I never thought I'd have any desire to go to Milwaukee.

luvWICKED416
#19re: Lisa Brescia as Elphaba
Posted: 11/27/04 at 11:31pm

Haha... tell me about it. I'm still trying to figure out transportation...

luvWICKED416
#20re: Lisa Brescia as Elphaba
Posted: 11/27/04 at 11:39pm

ok, yes... i'm still freaking out. I LOVE THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD!!!!! ZACK.... YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!

andyf
#21re: Lisa Brescia as Elphaba
Posted: 11/28/04 at 12:17am

God you do a line and pass out for 4 hours and LOOK what I missed.

Well I never thought I'd see the day somebody who isn't luvW would start a Lisa Brescia thread, let alone luvW's fantasy thread, but WOW.

Someone's head's going to explode.

Mattio - hahaha, got to love the irony. LuvW and I are trying to find a way out there.

And saddleshoe - (LuvW DO NOT ATTACK!!) but I heard her on closing night (re: Lisa Brescia as Elphaba) and I will agree she did not sound strong enough to pull off a motherf*cker of a role (re: Lisa Brescia as Elphaba - G)such as the green girl, but I've seen her in person since then and WOOOOOW. She could dominate Elphaba vocally. She's a really amazing actress, so I don't think she'd have any trouble with Elphie in terms of that either...and it would be a great way to un-typecast herself, since Glinda and Amneris are so similar.

Nevertheless, my fingers are crossed that we won't have to go out to Milwaukee!

Thank you SJB!!!

and EDIT: Up In Won, are you high??? I would kill a fat kid to see Heather go green.

Andrew, tonight isn't about you! It isn't even about me!!! - [FD]
Updated On: 11/28/04 at 12:17 AM

edenespinosalover Profile Photo
edenespinosalover
#22re: Lisa Brescia as Elphaba
Posted: 11/28/04 at 2:13am

I'm going to go see Lisa in "Last 5 Years". WOOHOO!!! My friend was actually in a show at the same theatre that L5Y is going to be playing at. I love Lisa. My dad actually loves her so much, he went to go see "AIDA" 4 times on tour.

luvWICKED416
#23re: Lisa Brescia as Elphaba
Posted: 11/28/04 at 2:43am

haha Andy, you're right this is my fantasy thread...

You guys are all so awesome, this is so great re: Lisa Brescia as Elphaba

If anyone even tries to ruin Zack's amazing thread...
oooo man...

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#24re: Lisa Brescia as Elphaba
Posted: 11/28/04 at 8:43am

Wicked51, now that I've read this exact post from you on two different threads, I must ask a question, do you know what "workshopping" is? I'm pretty sure that actresses are not workshopped when being considered for a replacement position. I think you have your terminology mixed up. Updated On: 11/28/04 at 08:43 AM

Videos