Ellen's Stardust Diner

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#25re: re: re: re: Ellen's Stardust Diner
Posted: 6/4/06 at 9:48am

NYers don't go near places like that, mainly because the lines are so long and you pay for the theme and besides, trying to pay my rent takes all my damn money!

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#26re: re: re: re: Ellen's Stardust Diner
Posted: 6/4/06 at 9:53am

Geek, you pay your own rent? I thought you were about 14yo?

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

show2n2 Profile Photo
show2n2
#27re: re: re: re: Ellen's Stardust Diner
Posted: 6/4/06 at 10:31am

Congrats. I was there last summer on a school trip. Loved it.
Have fun.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#28re: re: re: re: Ellen's Stardust Diner
Posted: 6/4/06 at 10:53am

I've stayed away from there every time I've been to New York City. From what people have told me, the food is okay, but it takes FOREVER to get seated. By the time you're seated, it's so loud from all the people singing you can't even enjoy your overpriced meal. So, I don't plan on ever going there.

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#29re: re: re: re: Ellen's Stardust Diner
Posted: 6/4/06 at 11:00am

I love it. It takes a long time to be seated, but I plan on going there if I get to go to NYC for my 18th birthday. It's a lot of fun!

jsrocks
#30re: re: re: re: Ellen's Stardust Diner
Posted: 6/4/06 at 11:27am

Sorry to thread-jack but...

Why do so many New Yorkers hate tourists so much?? They are a big part of keeping the economy going in New York so it's not that bad. Plus I'd think they'd be used to seeing them since people come to New York nonstop.

Just wondering b/c I see those comments so many times. re: re: re: re: Ellen's Stardust Diner

"Michael's got a head like a Ping Pong Ball" -The Cast of Sweeney-
Updated On: 6/4/06 at 11:27 AM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#31re: re: re: re: Ellen's Stardust Diner
Posted: 6/4/06 at 11:28am

I do not hate tourist as whenever we travel we are tourists. that is pithy I know

If not for tourists, Broadway would be in deep doo doo

Poster Emeritus

jsrocks
#32re: re: re: re: Ellen's Stardust Diner
Posted: 6/4/06 at 11:31am

Yeah I just hate it how some people generalize all people who come to New York into one category that makes them seem unintelligent. There are people who come to New York b/c it is a great place and don't have the great fortune to live there (yet) and would rather go see a show like Sweeney Todd instead of The Lion King, which you can see in any other town. re: re: re: re: Ellen's Stardust Diner re: re: re: re: Ellen's Stardust Diner

Updated On: 6/4/06 at 11:31 AM

.LittleWing. 0224 Profile Photo
.LittleWing. 0224
#33re: re: re: re: Ellen's Stardust Diner
Posted: 6/4/06 at 12:14pm

tourists have a way of walking REALLY SLOWLY in lines of 3 or 4 and taking up the entire sidewalk... then coming to a sudden stop to gawk up at some building and therefore pissing off all of manhattan. just an example

I'm not from new york, so i wasn't always this bitter. and some tourists are better than others. but i often when i'm in midtown i feel like they are invading where i live and ruining the ordered chaos of manhattan. just by two cents on tourists...

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#34re: re: re: re: Ellen's Stardust Diner
Posted: 6/4/06 at 12:17pm

Here's my question: How do you define tourists?

Granted, I don't live in New York, but I don't consider myself a tourist. I would think that tourist is more a type of attitude in the city than just based on where you're from. I live in Connecticut, but go to the city a lot, but does living in CT make me a tourist? I would think not, because when I think tourist, I think of someone who stops in the middle of the sidewalk to stare at all the big billboards and take a picture at every place possible. Also, people who buy those I ♥ NY shirts etc. I don't do that, I walk with the "New York attitude." I pride myself on the fact that I know my way around the city very well, and rarely have to ask how to get somewhere. But am I still a tourist?

.LittleWing. 0224 Profile Photo
.LittleWing. 0224
#35re: re: re: re: Ellen's Stardust Diner
Posted: 6/4/06 at 12:22pm

no, DRS. you are not in fact a tourist. And i think by the mere fact that you recognize the difference in yourself and tourists you have crossed over into the safe zone we nyc people live in. welcome to the gang.

ElphabaRose Profile Photo
ElphabaRose
#36re: re: re: re: Ellen's Stardust Diner
Posted: 6/4/06 at 1:36pm

If you're going to Ellen's, go early (as in around 6, as long as its not a 2 show day) or late (7:30 or later). The trick is to miss the theatre croud.

Whatever happened to class?

Musical_nerd Profile Photo
Musical_nerd
#37re: re: re: re: Ellen's Stardust Diner
Posted: 6/4/06 at 1:47pm

I love Ellen's, and I've never had to wait long for seating. I agree with ElphabaRose, if you just avoid the obvious bad times, you should be alright. I've gone 3 times and never had a problem.

jsrocks
#38re: re: re: re: Ellen's Stardust Diner
Posted: 6/4/06 at 1:47pm

But again, you have to understand no matter how annoying it might be that a lot of people don't get to come to New York that often and when they do they are amazed by what they see. That's why they stop and look up. It happens all the time and is expected. I think too many people take for granted that not everyone in New York is from New York. It's the biggest city in the world so people are going to want to come there and look around. It happens.

Sorry, we can get back to talking about the Stardust again, lol.

Updated On: 6/4/06 at 01:47 PM

harris007 Profile Photo
harris007
#39re: re: re: re: Ellen's Stardust Diner
Posted: 6/4/06 at 1:52pm

love it

Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)

Renthead#1 Profile Photo
Renthead#1
#40re: re: re: re: Ellen's Stardust Diner
Posted: 6/4/06 at 1:58pm

I love that place except this one girl who worked there was not really nice.

Go ask Alice When she's ten feet tall

idinarocksmysocks!510 Profile Photo
idinarocksmysocks!510
#41re: re: re: re: Ellen's Stardust Diner
Posted: 6/4/06 at 2:00pm

i love that place! i want to work there someday! everyone is just so wonderful! congrats,Seany for working there!

you say i'm weird! look at everyone you're sitting with! and hey, those guys over there just threw napkins up in the air like they were on something! it's contajous! you can't help it!

idinarocksmysocks!510
#42re: re: re: re: Ellen's Stardust Diner

i love that place! i want to work there someday! everyone is just so wonderful! congrats,Seany for working there!

you say i'm weird! look at everyone you're sitting with! and hey, those guys over there just threw napkins up in the air like they were on something! it's contajous! you can't help it!

idinarocksmysocks!510
#43re: re: re: re: Ellen's Stardust Diner

Mandi Moo Profile Photo
Mandi Moo
#44re: re: re: re: Ellen's Stardust Diner
Posted: 6/4/06 at 2:01pm

It gives me a headache.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#45re: re: re: re: Ellen's Stardust Diner
Posted: 6/4/06 at 3:04pm

Paying the rent was a joke to illustrate how prciy restaurants are, and no, I'm not 14.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#46re: re: re: re: Ellen's Stardust Diner
Posted: 6/4/06 at 7:44pm

Does Seany still work there?

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#47re: re: re: re: Ellen's Stardust Diner
Posted: 6/4/06 at 10:17pm

The first time I went alone to NYC was in July of 1988 and Ellen's Diner was a Sizzler. I had dinner there one night before I saw "Starlight Express."

greenegirl87
#48re: re: re: re: Ellen's Stardust Diner
Posted: 6/4/06 at 10:28pm

I love the Stardust, and have never had any problem with the service and have always enjoyed the singing. The food isn't spectacularly amazing, but its definitely good for a diner. And to top it all off, the ice cream and shakes are veryyy good. It is just fun!

"But now the air is filled with confusion. We replace care with illusion."

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#49re: re: re: re: Ellen's Stardust Diner
Posted: 6/4/06 at 10:39pm

I went there for my birthday a couple of weeks ago, and we had a great time. We got seated quickly, and right before we got seated, we went to sit at the bar, and I got serenaded by a male waiter singing 'Pretty Woman'. One waiter was especially funny, and our waitress came over and serenaded our table.

And in regards to that comment about them being unfair in hiring certain races, they're not.

And the cake they gave me for my birthday was AMAAZING.

Videos