Will Idina Sign

Schuyler
#0Will Idina Sign
Posted: 12/6/04 at 10:42pm

I am going to the show tomorrow night. Do you think she will sign or are things still really crazy?

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#1re: Will Idina Sign
Posted: 12/6/04 at 10:54pm

I'd be extremely surprised if she did, considering what's going on.

LesMis66
#2re: Will Idina Sign
Posted: 12/6/04 at 11:16pm

What's going on? What did I miss?

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#3re: Will Idina Sign
Posted: 12/6/04 at 11:28pm

well it does say the night she got the threats, she performed anyway...

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

BEKA531
#4re: Will Idina Sign
Posted: 12/6/04 at 11:30pm

she did perform, but didn't come out of the stage door. she arrived at and left the gershwin with 5 plain-clothed guards, who stood outside the stage door for the entire show.

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#5re: Will Idina Sign
Posted: 12/6/04 at 11:31pm

I certainly wouldn't blame her if she didn't.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#6re: Will Idina Sign
Posted: 12/7/04 at 1:16am

Sorry guys - I've been out of the loop for days. What threat?

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#7re: Will Idina Sign
Posted: 12/7/04 at 1:19am

Taye received death threats in the mail because of his interracial relationship with Idina. There were threats, amongst others, to blow up (or was it burn down?) the Gershwin.
MSN article

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell
Updated On: 12/7/04 at 01:19 AM

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#8re: Will Idina Sign
Posted: 12/7/04 at 1:21am

They've been married for a while and it is just now starting with the threats? It makes no sense.

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#9re: Will Idina Sign
Posted: 12/7/04 at 1:21am

Wow - cheery. That's ridiculous - thanks.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

NStar21
#10re: Will Idina Sign
Posted: 12/7/04 at 11:30am

"They've been married for a while and it is just now starting with the threats? It makes no sense."

It's a hate crime. These people don't care if you've been married for one week or five years. It makes perfect sense. There's no set time for this to occur. And they may have been married for a while but again, most people didn't even know they were dating yet alone married until recently. Not everyone is up on the Broadway couples. Their relationship has never been a secret but it has become very public within the past year and especially these past few months.

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#11re: Will Idina Sign
Posted: 12/7/04 at 1:02pm

wait what threat was Idina given? Oh who could do such a thing?

WestEndBird Profile Photo
WestEndBird
#12re: Will Idina Sign
Posted: 12/7/04 at 1:06pm

I don't blame her for having extra security, I'm glad she decided to perform anyway....

"Even if I could let you see me cry you would never understand what I was feeling inside, you see it and use it but dont believe in it..."

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#13re: Will Idina Sign
Posted: 12/7/04 at 1:06pm

That's true, it does seem to be coming way after they were married...I can't believe there are people who still oppose interracial marriage...

WestEndBird Profile Photo
WestEndBird
#14re: Will Idina Sign
Posted: 12/7/04 at 1:08pm

I totally agree....you can't help who you love and frankly I believe you shouldn't have to...I hope she is truly blessed in her marriage and that they have wonderful little ones together!

"Even if I could let you see me cry you would never understand what I was feeling inside, you see it and use it but dont believe in it..."

NStar21
#15re: Will Idina Sign
Posted: 12/7/04 at 1:50pm

"That's true, it does seem to be coming way after they were married...I can't believe there are people who still oppose interracial marriage..."

I can't believe that anyone would think that there aren't people still opposed to interracial marriages. And to be honest, that scares me more. No offense but it makes me wonder where you've been living because though interracials have become more accepted over the years, there are still people who are against them. As long as racism still exists, there will always be some people against interracial couples. It's a sad fact but it's true and people walking around with blinders on, acting like racism in whatever shape or form, doesn't exist, doesn't do anybody any good.

LilElphaba
#16re: Will Idina Sign
Posted: 12/7/04 at 2:55pm

I hope she does! I'm going back Jan 5th. Do you think she will sign on her last couple of shows?? Do you think thers a chance that TAYE might be there?? im just wondering. Me and my friend are making a gift for her and if the guards are with her before the show we dont know if we will be able to because we would like to before the show.

I LOVE SHOSHANA BEAN.

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#17re: Will Idina Sign
Posted: 12/7/04 at 2:57pm

Oh for the love of everything that I hold sacred in my heart!

Let it go people! Sometimes she signs, sometimes she doesn't. It depends on the day. Quit your bellyaching and go see the show, and wait around the stagedoor and see what happens.

Edit: Sorry, I didnt realize this had to do with the threats. I thought it was just another stupid Idina/Wicked post. Sorry everyone... Updated On: 12/7/04 at 02:57 PM

LilElphaba
#18re: Will Idina Sign
Posted: 12/7/04 at 3:00pm

She signed last time i was there so i was just curious. sorry

I LOVE SHOSHANA BEAN.

erinrebecca
#19re: Will Idina Sign
Posted: 12/7/04 at 3:40pm

lilelphaba, I think there's a good possibility that she won't be accessible to fans so I wouldn't count on it. However, if you do have a gift for her, I'm sure someone at the theatre will be happy to get it to her. Speak to someone at the box office or a member of the front of house staff. Also, it's customary common courtesy to not bother actors prior to shows, it's always best to wait til after the show if you want an autograph, picture, etc.

LilElphaba
#20re: Will Idina Sign
Posted: 12/7/04 at 3:54pm

I know but last time i had to because my dad kept me waiting before the show because he was talking to the guy that did lights for the show, so when Idina walked by she stopped for a picture really quick.

I LOVE SHOSHANA BEAN.

Videos