pixeltracker

I posted this but no one replied and I'd really appreciate an answer :)

I posted this but no one replied and I'd really appreciate an answer :)

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#0I posted this but no one replied and I'd really appreciate an answer :)
Posted: 1/5/05 at 5:36pm

I just got my Avenue Q tickets, and I'm sitting Rear Mezz. Row D (first row of rear mezz) seat 132, which is the one on the right, directly next to the wall. Would anyone know how the view is from there? With the angle and height?

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

buddha2 Profile Photo
buddha2
#1re: I posted this but no one replied and I'd really appreciate an answer :)
Posted: 1/5/05 at 5:58pm

don't expect responses for being cheap, if you're worried about the view then buy better tickets

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#2re: I posted this but no one replied and I'd really appreciate an answer :)
Posted: 1/5/05 at 6:01pm

"don't expect responses for being cheap, if you're worried about the view then buy better tickets"

Why so snappy? Maybe some people can't afford tickets for $100 a piece.

As for the view, I sat quite far back in the mezz (not sure of the row off the top of my head, but it was farther back than D) and all the way to the side, and I found no problem with the view. It's a small theatre, so it should be fine. Updated On: 1/5/05 at 06:01 PM

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#3re: I posted this but no one replied and I'd really appreciate an answer :)
Posted: 1/5/05 at 6:01pm

That was ridiculous, buddha.

The theatre is among the smaller Broadway houses, so I'd assume it's not bad. I do, however, have a friend who sat in the very last row of the rear mezz, and claims she couldn't see anything at all. Honestly, it's probably nowhere near as bad as if you were to sit in the rear mezz of one of the huge theatres; you should be able to see decently well, maybe missing a few of the more subtle facial expressions.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#4re: I posted this but no one replied and I'd really appreciate an answer :)
Posted: 1/5/05 at 6:10pm

A lot of people on here are more snappy than usual today!

WickedGal
#5re: I posted this but no one replied and I'd really appreciate an answer :)
Posted: 1/5/05 at 6:17pm

I remember sitting in that area for The Goat and it was fine. Perfect? No. But still very good. Don't worry and have a great time!

GirlforTartaglia
#6re: I posted this but no one replied and I'd really appreciate an answer :)
Posted: 1/5/05 at 6:29pm

Thanks all.
And, I wasn't being "cheap". I actually laughed out loud when I read that. It kind of is the last month for John Tartaglia, and tickets are very hard to come by. That was the only seat left...

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

BSoBW2
#7re: I posted this but no one replied and I'd really appreciate an answer :)
Posted: 1/5/05 at 6:34pm

i laughed when i read that, buddha...

but I always say this - you bought the DAMN tkts - what the hell does it matter? you should ask this BEFORE getting the tickets!

HOLY MOSES!

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#8re: I posted this but no one replied and I'd really appreciate an answer :)
Posted: 1/5/05 at 6:37pm

BsoBW2:

That's what I always say to myself when I read these threads.
If you're gonna ask, ask before you buy them.
After you buy them, does it matter if the view is bad?
You're stuck with 'em either way.
And knowing beforehand if you have a partial view won't change anything.

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.

BSoBW2
#9re: I posted this but no one replied and I'd really appreciate an answer :)
Posted: 1/5/05 at 6:40pm

indeed...i mean, inside i say, "crap, i hope these seats i just got are good." but i'll ask here before I buy....not to mention seating charts are as helpful as the Search feature here...

GirlforTartaglia
#10re: I posted this but no one replied and I'd really appreciate an answer :)
Posted: 1/5/05 at 7:36pm

Um, excuse me, but since I'm getting all this negative feedback from my thread, I'm really sorry I posted it.
I bought my tickets from telecharge over the phone and they dont tell you your seat until you actually receive the tickets. I'm perfectly fine with whatever tickets I received and I happened to receive the ones I have now. I couldnt' ask this before I got the tickets, becuase there was such a rush to get the tickets..John is leaving and all, and I was just asking.
And no matter what you guys say, I at least think it's better to have a human response to a question rather than just use search. And I'm not stupid. I know that you can find the seats on search..that's how I got my location..but it doesn't give you a view.
All I did was ask..ANd I'm sorry about that.

CatieElphie1 Profile Photo
CatieElphie1
#11re: I posted this but no one replied and I'd really appreciate an answer :)
Posted: 1/5/05 at 7:45pm

Hey don't feel bad! You did what I would do. Ask a nice, caring group of regular theatre goers their opinions. I don't know why you got snapped on..the question was legit.

Was that a fat joke?

GirlforTartaglia
#12re: I posted this but no one replied and I'd really appreciate an answer :)
Posted: 1/5/05 at 7:47pm

Thanks. I'm also kinda new to message boards, and a very curious (borderline neurotic, heh) person and I just wanted to know.
Thanks for understanding.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#13re: I posted this but no one replied and I'd really appreciate an answer :)
Posted: 1/5/05 at 7:50pm

I remember seeing an episode of "Made" on MTV where these teens wanted to produce and direct their own play. They went to see Avenue Q, and although they were in the front mezz, as it looked, the view seemed pretty close so the rear shouldn't be bad, since it is a small theater.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
#14re: I posted this but no one replied and I'd really appreciate an answer :)
Posted: 1/5/05 at 7:56pm

Priest, this is going to be one of the few times I disagree with you. I think it is still pertinent to ask about seat location after you've purchased the tickets. Having partial view seats can really throw a wrench into an evening at the theatre for someone who is not expecting it. If she hadn't asked and it was partial view, it might have made the evening less enjoyable. I think it's akin to going to see a show and not having at least some sort of idea what it is about before you go in. If you don't know what to expect and aren't prepared to see a show from partial view, it can dissapoint you to the point where it casts a shadow on the rest of the evening. I know it seems like a trivial dissapointment but it has a much larger effect on us than we'd like to admit.

My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
Updated On: 1/5/05 at 07:56 PM

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#15re: I posted this but no one replied and I'd really appreciate an answer :)
Posted: 1/5/05 at 7:59pm

GforT:
I wasn't criticisng you for posting this at all.
I just fail to see what one gains from knowing after they have bought the tickets.

But, it seems that I was wrong, and for that, I apoligize.

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#16re: I posted this but no one replied and I'd really appreciate an answer :)
Posted: 1/5/05 at 8:05pm

There are some bitchy people on this board. That is saying the least.

GirlforTartaglia
#17re: I posted this but no one replied and I'd really appreciate an answer :)
Posted: 1/5/05 at 8:09pm

Thanks Everyone

MargoChanning
#18re: I posted this but no one replied and I'd really appreciate an answer :)
Posted: 1/5/05 at 8:11pm

Just a question (and not looking for a fight) --

I buy dozens of tickets from telecharge every year (usually online, but occasionally over the phone) and they ALWAYS tell me my exact seat location before I pay for the tickets. I always have the seating chart for the theatre in front of me as I speak to the operator and if I don't like what they offer me first, I'll go through a series of seat locations until I get the one that I want (it's MUCH easier doing this yourself online, but occasionally the site is down or giving error messages). Telecharge has given exact seat locations over the phone for years now and I've NEVER just ordered tickets without knowing precisely where I'm sitting before I give them the credit card info.

Why didn't you get your seat info while you were on the phone?

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney
Updated On: 1/5/05 at 08:11 PM

musicalsFan
#19re: I posted this but no one replied and I'd really appreciate an answer :)
Posted: 1/5/05 at 9:44pm

Sounds like Telecharge gave her the seat number
but she did see a seating chart until after she paid for the tickets.

If it was me, I'd have a seating chart handy before I got on the phone.

As for wanting to know about a seat *after* purchasing it,
personally I don't see much point in it.
so what if you learned your whole evening is ruined because it is a partial view seat. You won't able to get a refund and buy another one; totally pointless question.

Feathah Profile Photo
Feathah
#20re: I posted this but no one replied and I'd really appreciate an answer :)
Posted: 1/5/05 at 9:55pm

Go and enjoy the show GirlFor. You're seats are just fine. :) I understand the dilemna with Telecharge. It's annoying that they don't always give you an exact seat location. Try the website instead next time - it provides the exact seat and a seating chart. Have fun!

"The theater is my life. I live it. I breathe it. I fondle it till it falls asleep." Jack (Will And Grace) http://feathah.blogspot.com

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#21re: I posted this but no one replied and I'd really appreciate an answer :)
Posted: 1/5/05 at 9:55pm

Oh, for Heaven's sake, the girl asked a simple question !!! If you can help her do so, if you can't, then don't post on her thread ! What is it with some people who feel the need to criticize or snap to everyone in sight ? As you can see, she is new here, so try to make her feel welcome and get smart with her later on, when she gets to know who is who !! And I am NOT reffering to Margo for whom I have the utmost respect !

Take care

son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
#22re: I posted this but no one replied and I'd really appreciate an answer :)
Posted: 1/6/05 at 12:13am

In case it gets lost in the fighting, I would take Margo's advice on trying to get some theatre seating charts either printed off from the internet or from some other source. (maybe Margo knows) Also don't be afraid to ask where the seats are located on Telecharge. They should be more than helpful in that regard.

musicalsFan, you missed my point. I wasn't saying that partial view would ruin her evening. I was SAYING that knowing beforehand where you are sitting helps you to go in with a realistic expectation of your theatre experience. My argument was that even if she was asking after she should have known it was still important to know. It was the last seat in the house so she grabbed it. Any seat is better than no seat. She should have asked Telecharge to tell her what part of the theatre it was in, but people make mistakes. She was probably just so excited to get one of those last seats that she hurried up and bought it. She knows better now, no need to hound her about it unless she has done the same thing before AND gotten the advice given here.

My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...

Videos