pixeltracker

Video Tribute to Idina Menzel- Page 2

Video Tribute to Idina Menzel

BrdwayBaby
#25re: Video Tribute to Idina Menzel
Posted: 1/16/05 at 2:48pm

im just worried about the person who made video. i hope theyre ok. cuz that was a little obsessive.

"Gimme Gimme That Thing Called Love"

iluvtheatertrash
#26re: Video Tribute to Idina Menzel
Posted: 1/16/05 at 2:56pm

I couldn't help but laugh.

People are ridiculous. She's not dead.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

crazy smiles Profile Photo
crazy smiles
#27re: Video Tribute to Idina Menzel
Posted: 1/16/05 at 3:00pm

Speechless to how incredible crazy that was. My retinas are burning.

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#28re: Video Tribute to Idina Menzel
Posted: 1/16/05 at 3:02pm

alright kitkat, lets get to work planning these events... who should sing tribute songs to her?

::bust a move::

kitkatgirl54 Profile Photo
kitkatgirl54
#29re: Video Tribute to Idina Menzel
Posted: 1/16/05 at 3:07pm

"3 years ago, when she began this journey, she never realized the THOUSANDS OF LIVES she'd change forever!"

well zepka, first up should be kermit the frog singing 'it's not easy being green.'

any other suggestions? anyone?

Raggy Q poo
#30re: Video Tribute to Idina Menzel
Posted: 1/16/05 at 4:22pm

Hahahaha- OMG- I think I never was so still. I couldn't laugh, I couldn't cry- I just sat here with my mouth wide open. I've never seen Wicked but I'm sure it's a great show. I'm sure Idina is a nice person..etc... but to see this video is SAD. I'd like to e-mail the person that made this video and sing "There is life Outside your apartment" from Avenue Q. Like seriously, I am one to get totally obsessed but not even I would go to such extremes. Even the candle light thing wouldn't cross my mind. As someone said...I feel like I am sitting shiva. Thats soo true. I mean, when Kennedy died there wasn't even this much drama and Idina (no offence to anyone) is not anything like Kennedy. And Idina didn't even die!

You guys are soo funny! I love the green bracelet idea with the stamp on it. So, it sounds absolutely ridiculous but I bet you could make a living off selling them! Jeez, I tell you...CRAZY!

I think I am still in shock from seeing this. It almost is a bad thing to do and offensive because if people who don't know the "real story" may think she died. Plus, if Idina saw that...I don't even want to begin to think of her reaction....

People like you are the reason I'm on medication.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#31re: Video Tribute to Idina Menzel
Posted: 1/16/05 at 4:27pm

I think a nice addition to the tribute would be Taye singing: "The King of Broadway"

I can see it now...:"I used to be the King..."

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#32re: Video Tribute to Idina Menzel
Posted: 1/16/05 at 4:52pm

Seriously, that was the FUNNIEST thing I've seen all day. Talk about over dramatic. That was more melo-dramatic than Phantom of the Opera. The person who made that has too much free time.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#33re: Video Tribute to Idina Menzel
Posted: 1/16/05 at 5:17pm

This gave TGIF and I the best idea, since we're in the mood to make fun of insanity. Stay tuned for our latest creation....

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#34re: Video Tribute to Idina Menzel
Posted: 1/16/05 at 5:52pm

this video isnt half as scary as the awful picture of eden espinosa on the front page of broadwayworld.com and which is currently Tiny_Toon's avatar.

now THAT'S SCARY! Updated On: 1/16/05 at 05:52 PM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#35re: Video Tribute to Idina Menzel
Posted: 1/16/05 at 6:29pm

Yep...that was a wee bit scary! But I did enjoy the instrumental music and may just have to buy the karakoe cds.

Just give the world Love.

dracula_doesnt_suck
#36re: Video Tribute to Idina Menzel
Posted: 1/16/05 at 6:52pm

Well, I happened to like it. I think the person who made it put a lot of time into it and they did a great job!

Albin Profile Photo
Albin
#37re: Video Tribute to Idina Menzel
Posted: 1/16/05 at 6:53pm

Where can I send my condolences to Taye?

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#38re: Video Tribute to Idina Menzel
Posted: 1/16/05 at 7:44pm

i actually think it was a sweet video!....a little obsessive, but sweet

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

idinarocksmysocks!510 Profile Photo
idinarocksmysocks!510
#39re: Video Tribute to Idina Menzel
Posted: 1/16/05 at 7:54pm

I'm a fan of Idina and all, but that's just really wierd! I maybe a fan but I would never do that. We should be celebrating because after all it was time for her to move on to something even better (even thought Wicked was awsome!) I'm excited for the Rent movie!

you say i'm weird! look at everyone you're sitting with! and hey, those guys over there just threw napkins up in the air like they were on something! it's contajous! you can't help it!

NYCbabe3789 Profile Photo
NYCbabe3789
#40re: Video Tribute to Idina Menzel
Posted: 1/16/05 at 8:32pm

I don't know...I thought it was sort of sweet. This person was obviously very moved by Idina's performance, and I don't think that's anything to be ashamed of. It might not be everyone's idea of a good way to spend one's time, but it meant a lot to her and she (like many others) was inspired and changed by her Wicked/Idina experience.

I do agree that the candle vigil is inappropriate, however.

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#41re: Video Tribute to Idina Menzel
Posted: 1/16/05 at 8:37pm

I saw that on musicals.net and thought that she died. It was seriously too much.

Mimi Imfurst
#42re: Video Tribute to Idina Menzel
Posted: 1/16/05 at 8:37pm

ladies and gentlemen, i just found a video tribute to share with you about alice- she too fell down a hole. It's tragic. And she was almost beheaded.

NYC's Most Retarded Drag Queen The Mimi Show: hosted by Mimi Imfurst features Broadway stars Tuesdays @ 10:30pm Weekly! June 13th: Hairspray's Michelle Dowdy, June 20th: Aida's Lori Ann Strunk, June 27th: Composer Katie Thompson No Cover- No Drink Minimum OW BAR: 221 E 58th Street (between 2nd and 3rd) www.owbar.com

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#43re: Video Tribute to Idina Menzel
Posted: 1/16/05 at 8:41pm

I sincerely hope that if I ever get to a point where I'm semi well known in the theatre world and I break an ankle or something, people dont start holding memorials and send HUGE wreaths of flowers to my house saying "R.I.P. Mika, We knew you well."

Honestly, Idina isn't dead nor is she even remotely in danger of dying. It's a RIB! In all truth the crack is probably as long as my fingernail. Don't get me wrong, I hope she's feeling better but I just find it immensly entertaining that people are treating it like she was a murder victim.

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

timote316
#44re: Video Tribute to Idina Menzel
Posted: 1/16/05 at 8:54pm

RIP Idina Menzel as Elphaba (10/30/03 - 1/8/05)

Someone found out how to use Windows Movie Maker...

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#45re: Video Tribute to Idina Menzel
Posted: 1/16/05 at 8:58pm

i think you are all missing the point of the video. i don't think this fan's intentions were to compile a video because of Idina's accident. I think this fan compiled it in honor of her last performance in "Wicked". Of course he would have had to add a clip in regards to the accident but that wasn't the point of the video. If you read the captions accompanying the video you will clearly see that wasn't the case. Idina obviously inspired this person and this person has a great admiration for her. So in the long run is this person causing anyone any harm? No. I'm sure there are others on this board who are fans of a particular show and/or performer and collect everything and anything that comes in connection to that particular show and/or performer. This was just this fan's way of showing Idina his appreciation, and I honestly can't see anything wrong with that.

All of us at one point of our lives have someone that inspires us, someone we can look up to. If Idina is that person to this particular fan then so be it. A performer who inspires others should not be overlooked or diminished.

BSoBW2
#46re: Video Tribute to Idina Menzel
Posted: 1/16/05 at 9:00pm

how do you make videos like that?

personB
#47re: Video Tribute to Idina Menzel
Posted: 1/16/05 at 9:11pm

Wow. Uhm... Doesn't it take a while to make videos that long? I mean, compiling the pictures, putting in the background music, doing the animation, etc., etc., etc. Call it a work of love. I'm glad that Idina has gathered such a strong fan base, I guess...

BSoBW2
#48re: Video Tribute to Idina Menzel
Posted: 1/16/05 at 9:12pm

i am more scared than happy for her...

GypsyRoseLee Profile Photo
GypsyRoseLee
#49re: Video Tribute to Idina Menzel
Posted: 1/16/05 at 9:19pm

Oh...Jesus...that is just SAD.

"This is what I trained to do, and this is what I love about theater. What I love about being an actress is being able to really look into myself and understand another human being. And out my own self, to shape and form and fashion a real human being--and to present that in such a way that people see something of themselves or their own understanding in that human being." --Phylicia Rashad