pixeltracker

Sean McCourt as Wizard in Wicked

Sean McCourt as Wizard in Wicked

Changed_for_the_better Profile Photo
Changed_for_the_better
#0Sean McCourt as Wizard in Wicked
Posted: 1/23/05 at 2:07pm

Here's hoping that Sean McCourt will play the Wizard full-time after George Hearn departs in April.

I was impressed by Sean's performance, when he filled in for Joel Grey last summer. And! he dances a lot better too!

As far as I know, the replacements haven't been named yet.

Any thoughts?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#1re: Sean McCourt as Wizard in Wicked
Posted: 1/23/05 at 2:10pm

Weren't they looking to get Ben Vereen as a Wizard replacement. Well, if they got him. The dancing would sure be back in "Wonderful".

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#2re: Sean McCourt as Wizard in Wicked
Posted: 1/23/05 at 2:12pm

I saw him as the Wizard back in June and he was great!

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#3re: Sean McCourt as Wizard in Wicked
Posted: 1/23/05 at 2:22pm

I saw him in June and he made an unwritten role "wonderful!" He was a little young though..

Ben Vereen would be amazing as the Wizard!

greenifyed Profile Photo
greenifyed
#4re: Sean McCourt as Wizard in Wicked
Posted: 1/23/05 at 2:27pm

Love to Sean. Ben Vereen. Uh, not so much.

"The tick BOOM tick BOOM is so loud I can't hear the rain on the grass. I can't hear the wind. I'm about to scream. But I realize I'm not alone."

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#5re: Sean McCourt as Wizard in Wicked
Posted: 1/23/05 at 2:33pm

Sean was awesome in the role. He deserves to be promoted. But it'd be better if he left and went on to originate something. re: Sean McCourt as Wizard in Wicked

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#6re: Sean McCourt as Wizard in Wicked
Posted: 1/23/05 at 2:37pm

I wish I could've seen him as the wizard... he was incredible in Bat Boy!

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#7re: Sean McCourt as Wizard in Wicked
Posted: 1/23/05 at 2:41pm

I bet Sean was a great Wizard. But I think hes a bit too sexy for that part, lol. I think hes a very sexy looking man. I'm sure they can make him look older. But I think the Wizard should be played by an older man.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#8re: Sean McCourt as Wizard in Wicked
Posted: 1/23/05 at 3:29pm

I also heard that Ben Vereen would likely be the next Wizard. It's not official yet though, and may or may not happen.

OrdinaryJukebox1 Profile Photo
OrdinaryJukebox1
#9re: Sean McCourt as Wizard in Wicked
Posted: 1/23/05 at 4:02pm

I hope it doesn't happen...

-Vincent

Phantom Chicken Profile Photo
Phantom Chicken
#10re: Sean McCourt as Wizard in Wicked
Posted: 1/23/05 at 4:03pm

I have said this a million times...sean is the BEST of the three wizards...

"I think Harvey [Fierstein] wishes he were a black woman. I say he's the largest black woman in the show. I wish Harvey were straight, cuz I'd do him in a minute. I like big burly mother f***ers like him." ~Mary Bond Davis on Harvey Fierstein Thanks to Mistress @ spouzic.com

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#11re: Sean McCourt as Wizard in Wicked
Posted: 1/23/05 at 4:16pm

i saw him 7.18 i thought he was good. he reminded me of jim carrey..in a good way. i liked it. i hope he does become it.

A dancer might dream to see her name in lights and mean it, but all she really dreams is to make someone else feel the way she did when she first saw a dancer. And that is so beautiful-Anonymous

Elphaba4
#12re: Sean McCourt as Wizard in Wicked
Posted: 1/23/05 at 4:59pm

Sean McCourt is like, the awesomest Wizard ever! I think that he was and is better than George Hearn. I'd pick Sean over George any day because Sean is so energetic and George dances like my grandfather....not very good! My friend also thinks that Sean is hot! Eww!

"There will always be women in rubber flirting with me" ~Maureen, RENT

Phantom Chicken Profile Photo
Phantom Chicken
#13re: Sean McCourt as Wizard in Wicked
Posted: 1/23/05 at 5:09pm

by saying awesomest, you have automatically disqualified yourself from intelligent convos...

"I think Harvey [Fierstein] wishes he were a black woman. I say he's the largest black woman in the show. I wish Harvey were straight, cuz I'd do him in a minute. I like big burly mother f***ers like him." ~Mary Bond Davis on Harvey Fierstein Thanks to Mistress @ spouzic.com

Elphaba4
#14re: Sean McCourt as Wizard in Wicked
Posted: 1/23/05 at 5:12pm

What is the problem with you? Are you PMS-ing?!!?!?!?!??!?!

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#15re: Sean McCourt as Wizard in Wicked
Posted: 1/23/05 at 5:41pm

phantom hahh you remind me of broadwayguy.

A dancer might dream to see her name in lights and mean it, but all she really dreams is to make someone else feel the way she did when she first saw a dancer. And that is so beautiful-Anonymous

Elphaba4
#16re: Sean McCourt as Wizard in Wicked
Posted: 1/23/05 at 5:44pm

Wow, we can actually agree on something!!! *sarcasm*

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#17re: Sean McCourt as Wizard in Wicked
Posted: 1/23/05 at 5:53pm

I must be the only one who was not impressed with Sean's Wizard. He did not embody the character the way George Hearn does. I saw him as the father and prefer him in that role. As for recasting, I'm pretty sure they are going to remain casting Broadway veterans in that role, and they have MANY to choose from.

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#18re: Sean McCourt as Wizard in Wicked
Posted: 1/23/05 at 6:04pm

black + white= green? Me is confused.

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#19re: Sean McCourt as Wizard in Wicked
Posted: 1/23/05 at 6:09pm

How does white + white = green?
Is this speculation that there were no Black people in Oz? (According to the book, Fiyero was grey - or blue - a blueish gray)
Doesn't matter what color the wizard is, the slut still drank from the green bottle.

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#20re: Sean McCourt as Wizard in Wicked
Posted: 1/23/05 at 6:15pm

Um...it was a joke.

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#21re: Sean McCourt as Wizard in Wicked
Posted: 1/23/05 at 6:15pm

fiyero was black in the book with blue diamonds on his body. or a better term he was brown.

Derek
#22re: Sean McCourt as Wizard in Wicked
Posted: 1/23/05 at 6:40pm

I think Victor Garber would make a great wizard!

Menzellover11 Profile Photo
Menzellover11
#23re: Sean McCourt as Wizard in Wicked
Posted: 1/23/05 at 6:44pm

sean mcourt didnt blow me away the wizard noe is good...noone could replace joel though... Updated On: 1/23/05 at 06:44 PM

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#24re: Sean McCourt as Wizard in Wicked
Posted: 1/23/05 at 6:49pm

i haven't seen george, but ive heard he's good...but i saw sean and he was a VERY good wizard!

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

Videos