pixeltracker

if you could stage your own broadway show

if you could stage your own broadway show

stage_door76 Profile Photo
stage_door76
#0if you could stage your own broadway show
Posted: 1/30/05 at 5:17am

if you had unlimited funds (in a craaaazy fantasy world) what would be your ULTIMATE show to stage, whether a revival of an old classic or your own creation and who would you choose to star???

mine...
Once on this Island with taye diggs (and oprah...lol)

"...But Kungurtseva reels off multiple fouettes and the tape is stopped so she can take a bow. The Jester, an abomination introduced to Swan Lake in Soviet times, extorts applause from the audience. The cuts don't help the storytelling, the production is bare bones and they go for the '50s-style happy ending. The audience cheers like mad at the end. It's the Russian ballet, after all..."

Derek
#1re: if you could stage your own broadway show
Posted: 1/30/05 at 10:55am

The Wizard of Oz in the Broadway Theatre with never before heard of people starring in the 4 lead roles (Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tinman, Lion)...hold an open audition...and cast Victor Garber as the wizard, Harriet Harris as The Wicked Witch and Lorna Luft as Glinda to generate attention (and they're great performers). I would do the RSC version and keep all the songs (including the Jitterbug) and hope for the best lol

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#2re: if you could stage your own broadway show
Posted: 1/30/05 at 10:57am

La Cage, Wicked, and Oklahoma would be fun, but all 3have been recent, if they aren't still playing!

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

ChicagoBwayFan Profile Photo
ChicagoBwayFan
#3re: if you could stage your own broadway show
Posted: 1/30/05 at 11:00am

I would do a musical with the story based on a young couple from different sides of the track finding love in gritty Detroit in the 1970's ... and the music would be from Bob Seger and Journey.

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#4re: if you could stage your own broadway show
Posted: 1/30/05 at 11:02am

I would bring "Bare" to Broadway!!!

and maybe "Our House" too!

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

iluvtheatertrash
#5re: if you could stage your own broadway show
Posted: 1/30/05 at 11:04am

The Wizard of Oz

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#6re: if you could stage your own broadway show
Posted: 1/30/05 at 11:13am

Ooh, and I would bring amazing re- vamped productions of Merrily We Roll Along and Baby to Broadway...
and put Elegies: A Song Cycle back off- broadway!

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

yarn769fink034
#7re: if you could stage your own broadway show
Posted: 1/30/05 at 11:25am

Once on this Island would be fun,I would do with a lot of puppets but better than Julie Taymor puppets

ChicagoBwayFan Profile Photo
ChicagoBwayFan
#8re: if you could stage your own broadway show
Posted: 1/30/05 at 11:27am

I'm going to add to my storyline above.

I'd have it start out with a young guy on the wrong side of Detroit finding falling in love with a girl from the right side of Detroit.

The guy wants to be a big star and conquer the world, so I'd show him going through various phases of finding success as a singer / actor (Journey's Circus Life and Bob Seger's Hollywood Nights, etc. etc.), including losing the love of his life early on as the result of all his dreams that he wants to fulfill.

After many years of hardship in conquering his dreams and finding stardom, I'd have the end of the show include him looking back into the past, realizing the girl was all he ever wanted. He would get in contact with her once again, to find that she's still available because she never forgot him.

They would agree to meet up in Detroit, where it all began. As they were both taking separate trains to meet each other (even though there aren't any trains in Detroit!), I'd be playing Rod Stewart's Downtown Train.

Sounds complicated .. may have to be a movie instead!

RumTumTugger22 Profile Photo
RumTumTugger22
#9re: if you could stage your own broadway show
Posted: 1/30/05 at 11:30am

HAir most definately
starring Adam Pascal and Raul Esparza
and just them.

CAGES OR WINGS? WHICH DO YOU PREFER? ASK THE BIRDS. FEAR OR LOVE, BABY? DON'T SAY THE ANSWER, ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

the.hard.part Profile Photo
the.hard.part
#10re: if you could stage your own broadway show
Posted: 1/30/05 at 12:04pm

a large scale revival of sweeney todd, or if there was no way i could lost money i'd stage the musical i'm writing at its present state.

La Vie Boheme
#11re: if you could stage your own broadway show
Posted: 1/30/05 at 12:18pm

THE MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD!

Its not a well known show but i played Bazzard in it and it was so fun! It involves the audiance and they get to choose who murdered Edwin Drood, who the secret detective is, and which two lovers will be paired up...

One night i was the detective and the next i was a lover...the great thing is its a diff show every night!

Dirty Rotten Scoundrals Program: $10 Dirty Rotten Scoundrals Window Poster: $15 Winning the lottery with your friend: Priceless (+ $25) I<3NY

LightMyCandle125 Profile Photo
LightMyCandle125
#12re: if you could stage your own broadway show
Posted: 1/30/05 at 1:59pm

YAY FOR DROOD!

i just played edwin drood in our school production. soooo amazingly fun.

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#13re: if you could stage your own broadway show
Posted: 1/30/05 at 2:01pm

assassins or pacific overtures or company

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

Thesbijean
#14re: if you could stage your own broadway show
Posted: 1/30/05 at 2:05pm

CiTy Of AnGeLs CiTy Of AnGeLs CiTy Of AnGeLs CiTy Of AnGeLs

furbystud
#15re: if you could stage your own broadway show
Posted: 1/30/05 at 2:42pm

BARE.

ACTlete676 Profile Photo
ACTlete676
#16re: if you could stage your own broadway show
Posted: 1/30/05 at 4:48pm

The Wiz would be so fun to do with a big budget. you can do so much with it. Its very style-istic and you can it as modern or as 80s as you want.

"can you feel a brand new day?"

Who says blondes have more fun on the French Riviera?

BSoBW2
#17re: if you could stage your own broadway show
Posted: 1/30/05 at 4:49pm

i'd make all the women nude

jackson992
#18re: if you could stage your own broadway show
Posted: 1/30/05 at 5:01pm

I'd like to stage Carre and Romeo & Juliet. In fact, I've thought of trying to get our area community theater to do them if they would be avialable to get the royalties to.

FabalaCohen
#19re: if you could stage your own broadway show
Posted: 1/30/05 at 5:01pm

I'd like to do a show called "Drive All Night" that was apparently workshopped a few years ago...have no idea what the plotline is, all I know is that it's based off of the songs of Bruce Springsteen.

"During this performance, please feel free to let your cell phones and pagers ring willy-nilly. However, do remember that there are heavily-armed knights on stage and you might well be dragged up and impaled." (Pre-curtain announcement at the new Broadway musical Monty Python's Spamalot)

edenespinosalover Profile Photo
edenespinosalover
#20re: if you could stage your own broadway show
Posted: 1/30/05 at 5:03pm

I'd bring back "Side Show" or "Parade".

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#21re: if you could stage your own broadway show

i would bring back vanessa williams to star in "kiss of the spider woman" again

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

BSoBW2
#22re: if you could stage your own broadway show

I'd like to do an all-natural show about a black woman and a white guy - who really should be darker - who fall in love against their familiy's wishes.....

RumTumTugger22 Profile Photo
RumTumTugger22
#23re: if you could stage your own broadway show
Posted: 1/30/05 at 5:05pm

Like Aida or Once on this Island?

CAGES OR WINGS? WHICH DO YOU PREFER? ASK THE BIRDS. FEAR OR LOVE, BABY? DON'T SAY THE ANSWER, ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

BSoBW2
#24re: if you could stage your own broadway show
Posted: 1/30/05 at 5:07pm

I don't know WHAT you are talking about......

Videos