pixeltracker

What shows truly deserve another chance?

What shows truly deserve another chance?

Unmasked05 Profile Photo
Unmasked05
#0What shows truly deserve another chance?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 9:21pm

In your opinion what show TRULY deserves another chance and why?

Facebook...ME !!!

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#1re: What shows truly deserve another chance?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 9:22pm

I think that Anyone Can Whistle, with a lot of work, should have another chance .And Taboo.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#2re: What shows truly deserve another chance?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 9:23pm

taboo- get someone to rework the book and get rid of Rosie, you have a great show.
and Amour
and Caroline orChange

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#3re: What shows truly deserve another chance?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 9:24pm

Anyone Can Whistle
Brilliant Score. Misunderstood Book.

Merrily We Roll Along
It was too ahead of its time, I think.

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#4re: What shows truly deserve another chance?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 9:24pm

Taboo!

A work of art is an invitation to love.

BreakingTheCircle07 Profile Photo
BreakingTheCircle07
#5re: What shows truly deserve another chance?
Posted: 1/30/05 at 9:25pm

Bat Boy
The Last 5 Years
Caroline or Change

Variations on a Theme blog: http://panekattack.blogspot.com/

ticenewyorkcity Profile Photo
ticenewyorkcity
#6my obvious answers
Posted: 1/30/05 at 9:26pm

Carrie-What else!??!! If Debbi Allen would have really choreographed her numbers and not done the same ol' routines that she's always done the dancing would have been wonderful. If the rest of the show was as powerful as the mother daughter scenes it would have been amazing.

Annie Warbucks-the little show that could. After all the bad press that Annie 2: Miss Hannigan's Revenge caused Annie Warbucks came in with preconcieved notions about what it was. It was a wonderfuly cute show.

Dance of the Vampires-they should have killed Michale Crawford off from that production from DAY ONE!!! the original version is already magnificent. I think that if no one had ever heard Total Eclipse of the Heart before that song would have worked.

Gothampc
#7my obvious answers
Posted: 1/30/05 at 9:27pm

The Kentucky Cycle

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Joshua488
#8my obvious answers
Posted: 1/30/05 at 9:28pm

LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS! Without Jerry Zaks! Bring in a director who isn't afraid to go for as much of a realistic approach as possible, as opposed to playing the entire show for laughs. And bring back Alice Ripley! It's truly a good show; it has good bones, but the Broadway revival production just wasn't up to par, and it is unfortunate that it had to close.

La Vie Boheme
#9my obvious answers
Posted: 1/30/05 at 9:29pm

I honestly don't think Last 5 Years would do any better because people just simply like bigger casts better...

The music is great but i get sick of it half way through cuz its always the same people

Dirty Rotten Scoundrals Program: $10 Dirty Rotten Scoundrals Window Poster: $15 Winning the lottery with your friend: Priceless (+ $25) I<3NY

CastAlbumFan Profile Photo
CastAlbumFan
#10my obvious answers
Posted: 1/30/05 at 10:07pm

THE GOLDEN APPLE
MACK AND MABEL
BABY

Praying Decca Broadway will put "Don't Bother Me, I Can't Cope" on CD!

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#11my obvious answers
Posted: 1/30/05 at 10:15pm

i dunno if l5y would do anybetter, but id like to see it again with nlb and srs!

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

RadioTV2 Profile Photo
RadioTV2
#12my obvious answers
Posted: 1/30/05 at 10:24pm

Caroline, or Change
Amour

Check out the Tony Awards Haven! www.tonyawardshaven.com

BEKA531
#13my obvious answers
Posted: 1/30/05 at 10:25pm

AIDA AIDA AIDAAAAAA

cause i never got to see it! *sobs*

BSoBW2
#14my obvious answers
Posted: 1/30/05 at 10:27pm

Dracula

No, I'm not joking....

leefowler
#15my obvious answers
Posted: 1/30/05 at 10:35pm

How come everyone always talks about doing The Golden Apple, but nobody ever actually does it?

Behind the fake tinsel of Broadway is real tinsel.

BSoBW2
#16my obvious answers
Posted: 1/30/05 at 10:37pm

For the same reason it's in a thread of shows that shouldn't have closed....

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#17my obvious answers
Posted: 1/30/05 at 10:40pm

"bombay dreams" was the best show i have ever seen.....it was a hit in london...but didnt do as well in NYC and "dracula" was attacked by the press..it had terrific performers

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

maybethistime
#18my obvious answers
Posted: 1/30/05 at 10:41pm

TABOO!!

BSoBW2
#19my obvious answers
Posted: 1/30/05 at 10:43pm

muscle -

don't get me started on Dracula LOL

::points to sig, points to av, points to u/n::

sweetiedarlinmia Profile Photo
sweetiedarlinmia
#20my obvious answers
Posted: 1/30/05 at 11:05pm

Caroline or Change and the soon to be departed, Gem of the Ocean. Both gone too soon.

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#21my obvious answers
Posted: 1/30/05 at 11:10pm

Taboo. Definitely.

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

gherbert
#22my obvious answers
Posted: 1/30/05 at 11:12pm

I gotta say that I'm not in the game of thinking about revising shows until they work on the Broadway stage because you only get one shot and if you screw it up you move onto the next project. No one ever got anywhere by reworking the same project forever.

That said, I think that shows that deserve a second chance at Encores! perhaps are:

Plain and Fancy
Love Life
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
The Golden Apple
The Unsinkable Molly Brown
High Spirits
Fade Out -- Fade In

and countless others that are slipping my mind . . .

Feodor Sverdlov
#23A Tree Grows In Brooklyn
Posted: 1/30/05 at 11:21pm

I did a production of "A Tree Grows In Brooklyn", in 1969 (the first since its Broadway run), and it was a very elaborate, first-rate production, which generated a lot of buzz, at the time (Broadway showed interest, and PBS wanted to record it, but negotiations fell through). I know Encores is doing it; but I would love to see a full-blown production on a Broadway stage, of the version that we did, which included the song "Tuscaloosa", which was cut from the Broadway production.

scooter3843

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#24A Tree Grows In Brooklyn
Posted: 1/30/05 at 11:27pm

Amour
and
YAGMCB <--it was just so great for little kids and for umm..cheno lovers! lol and Roger and Anthony were soo good!

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

Videos